As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cooking: Welcome Back to the Good Food Thread.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    best sandwich I ever ate was shaved turkey, applewood smoked bacon, mango, and some kind of aioli on a cibata (sp?) roll

my god

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    The Heinz Ketchup we get here probably tastes different than in the US but it's no better than any other ketchup, that is, it's way to sweet and doesn't taste enough like tomatoes for me. I think Heinz specifically had the most sugar of any ketchup on the German market.

It's mind boggling to me to have Heinz as the gold standard of ketchup. I could just as easily sprinkle sugar on my meal for the same effect.

The ketchup I buy is of a regional brand and I'm pretty sure has the most tomatoes of any ketchup here.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I dunno if it's sweet.

Tangy/Spicy is more what I pull out of it. I'm not saying it doesn't have an ass ton of sugar, but that's not the primary taste I get from it in the US.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    heinz ketchup definitely barely tastes like tomatoes in the US as well, it might be the same. I just think of that as what ketchup is supposed to taste like.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The history of ketchup is very interesting.

Where's @Rankenphile to post that .gif when we need him?!

heinz ketchup definitely barely tastes like tomatoes in the US as well, it might be the same. I just think of that as what ketchup is supposed to taste like.

depends on the ketchup too! (there are non tomato based ketchups)

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    bowen wrote: »

depends on the ketchup too! (there are non tomato based ketchups)

wh8nj965kgaw.jpg

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Xaquin wrote: »

the what now?

8406wWN.png
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    genuinely have no idea what gif you mean, so I'm just gunna start taking stabs in the dark here

8406wWN.png
    Xaquin wrote: »

the what now?

didn't you used to have the catsup ketchup .gif of Mr. Burns?

Or am I thinking of someone else?

Kj5VfT.gif

8406wWN.png
    415MOi.gif

8406wWN.png
    that's actually better

giphy.gif

8406wWN.png
    tumblr_oemqlzyPN21vbcnq8o1_500.gif

8406wWN.png
    W0EEzCV.gif

8406wWN.png
    giphy.gif

8406wWN.png
    giphy.gif

8406wWN.png
    ketchup-funny-11.gif

8406wWN.png
    I would never have guessed there were so many ketchup .gifs

I could keep going, but this page is already forfeit

8406wWN.png
    what in tarnation..

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    this page took a turn for the sexy

BahamutZERO.gif
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

What is my purpose?

You pass ketchup.

... ... ... oh god.

Join butterbot over there.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    This thread went places.

I like it.

Ketchup in Singapore does not taste the same. Nor does mayonnaise. For some reason their version of Hellman's/Best Foods tastes like Miracle Whip.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • webberwebber Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    3klccs6edja8.jpg

My scones are really shaping up. It's filled with blackberries. I might eat two.

webber on
    This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Gonna try and cook food this weekend.

After Thanksgiving and Christmas this year basically destroyed me, I'm coming off of a break of basically 3 months.

I want to make all vinegar and garlic dishes.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    My dad is bringing me 12 10oz swordfish steaks from Seattle. I've only ever made ceviche and blackened swordfish so far, and while I really liked both dishes, I'm looking to expand by repertoire. Anyone have a good dish using swordfish? It can be a halibut or ahi recipe and should translate to swordfish A-Okay.

• NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    My dad is bringing me 12 10oz swordfish steaks from Seattle. I've only ever made ceviche and blackened swordfish so far, and while I really liked both dishes, I'm looking to expand by repertoire. Anyone have a good dish using swordfish? It can be a halibut or ahi recipe and should translate to swordfish A-Okay.

I like it salted and grilled like you would a fine steak, high heat, medium rare, and I make a basic chimichurri sauce to go with it - 3/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (or lemon juice), good handful of parsley and cilantro (or oregano if you don't like cilantro), clove or two of garlic, a fresh chili or a pinch of dried red chili depending on what's on hand and how hot I want it and then blitz it with a hand blender. If you don't have a hand blender you can mince everything up and whisk while drizzling in the olive oil to set the emulsion.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I made the Moroccan chicken with preserved lemons and green olives recipe!

On a sort of last minute whim, meaning @Wyborn was the kindest soul and ran out in the middle of the night to pick up tumeric and also green olives since I didn't have either

It tasted great! Really deep lemony flavour. I'm glad I made it

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
    SilverWind wrote: »
    I made the Moroccan chicken with preserved lemons and green olives recipe!

On a sort of last minute whim, meaning @Wyborn was the kindest soul and ran out in the middle of the night to pick up tumeric and also green olives since I didn't have either

It tasted great! Really deep lemony flavour. I'm glad I made it

I'm making it friday!

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    SPEAKING of ketchup! I just found and purchased some reduced sugar ketchup, which I had no idea even existed, prior to this moment. Has 75% less, apparently. Is also much more expensive and comes in a smaller container, of course, because why would "healthy" be cheap ever? (I know I know, market demand)

also @webber ...as a self-professed scone connoisseur....yours sound and look amazing. I am now hungry for scones.

• LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Ketchupbot is the herald of our times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcniyQYFU6M

SPEAKING of ketchup! I just found and purchased some reduced sugar ketchup, which I had no idea even existed, prior to this moment. Has 75% less, apparently. Is also much more expensive and comes in a smaller container, of course, because why would "healthy" be cheap ever? (I know I know, market demand)

also @ webber ...as a self-professed scone connoisseur....yours sound and look amazing. I am now hungry for scones.

Hows it taste?

• Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    We get the reduced salt and sugar Heinz and I wouldn't say I've thought egads that tastes so different. I mean it's normally on stuff and I've never done a side by side taste but we've not felt the need to go back to the regular one.

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

also @ webber ...as a self-professed scone connoisseur....yours sound and look amazing. I am now hungry for scones.

Hows it taste?

TBD. I have like one more "serving" of ketchup in the old container, so once I eat two veggie burgers I can tell you.

This discussion has been closed.