As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superheroes] By the hoary hosts of Hoggoth, what a savings.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    It's 2016

Batman will be in three major motion pictures

and all signs point to the Lego one being the best of those

sig.gif
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Ooh that Becky Cloonan/Gerard Way Doom Patrol comic might come into fruition at Vertigo

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Wait what's the third one

Is he in Suicide Squad?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Yeah he is. I'm not sure on the context but I assume he's chasing down Harley/Joker.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Wait what's the third one

Is he in Suicide Squad?

Yup.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Lego Batman Batsuits!
    dOokzcE.jpg

big: i.imgur.com/dOokzcE.jpg

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Is it AffleckMan?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Oh sorry I got it wrong, Lego Batman's coming out next year.

But so's Justice League so that's 4 movies in 2 years.

sig.gif
  • Options
    The only thing I don't like about that Lego Batman trailer is Brand Synergy means he has the dumb glowing eyes now

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Onions are a fundamental ingredient to many of my dishes. To not like onions is akin to not liking garlic, and hating garlic is a sin.

If I can actually discern the taste of garlic in a dish, you've fucked up and created something revolting

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Onions are a fundamental ingredient to many of my dishes. To not like onions is akin to not liking garlic, and hating garlic is a sin.

If I can actually discern the taste of garlic in a dish, you've fucked up and created something revolting

mlyp

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    DISCO BAT

PROM DATE BAT

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

I cannot believe that you are real.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

I'm the same way. It's a good additive for things, but I can't stand the taste and am pretty sensitive to it, so it had better be really light.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I bet I would not like actual garlic, but give me all the garlic powder you have

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

I'm the same way. It's a good additive for things, but I can't stand the taste and am pretty sensitive to it, so it had better be really light.

Yeah, I've been shocked to find out that certain things I do like contain garlic, but I can never actually taste it so that's okay

Once I actually taste it I'm done

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I bet I would not like actual garlic, but give me all the garlic powder you have

No wonder Batman v. Supreman sucks. We're clearly in the darkest timeline.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The only thing I don't like about that Lego Batman trailer is Brand Synergy means he has the dumb glowing eyes now

His eyes effectively did that in TAS as well, though.

Also, it's exactly the kind of dumb shit Lego Batman would be totally into.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I was at a fancy restaurant where the steak had like a whole fried garlic still together as a side

It tasted amazing

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    edit

dios mio

"EL MURCIELAGO"

con sombrero

KalTorak on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Mercy, mercy me, "El Murcielago"

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

This is actually a Hell of a review (spoilers abound in it but honestly who cares)

Heavily melodramatic (what's with the WMD line) but a fun read

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    As dumb as it sounds like that last Batman arc wrapped up, the new one actually sounds pretty fun?

Spoilers for Snyder's Batman #50
    I guess whatever process Bruce had to go through to become Batman again also kinda reset the years of physical and mental toll that being Batman took, so he's in the best shape of his life, but also has a fresher and cockier attitude, and is more of an inspiring figure
    He even makes a couple of honest to god quips during fights

I'm okay with this! I'm gonna jump back in

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    As dumb as it sounds like that last Batman arc wrapped up, the new one actually sounds pretty fun?

I guess whatever process Bruce had to go through to become Batman again also kinda reset the years of physical and mental toll that being Batman took, so he's in the best shape of his life, but also has a fresher and cockier attitude, and is more of an inspiring figure

That could be neat

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    538 did a statistical analysis of Batman and Superman's comic interactions.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    x27domjchnva.png

lois you're tearing me appaaaaaarrrttt

Ceno on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular

I went to get pizza with someone once who ordered garlic pizza. When she got it, she asked what the weird tasting white things were.

She thought garlic was only ever a powder.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Fuck yeah you would, it's a good episode

Still wish they had pulled the trigger on that romantic pairing

• Options

As someone who doesn't know what that episode is, it sounds like you are rooting for Bruce and that pig to hook up

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

As someone who doesn't know what that episode is, it sounds like you are rooting for Bruce and that pig to hook up

Yes.

Episode:
    It's Diana.

Yukira on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    538 did a statistical analysis of Batman and Superman's comic interactions.
    That makes Diana of Themyscira a bigger person in Superman’s life than alleged ”pal” Jimmy Olsen, who I assume is the most emotionally and existentially devastated by these findings.

Superman hangs out with his parents in about 7 percent of comic books. Batman, eh, not so much.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I saw that coming and decided to leave it as is

Come to your own conclusions

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Wait... are spoiler tags broken?

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

That could be neat

This is exactly how Grant Morrison's run started

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

yes

that would be hot as hell

that is what I am saying

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Wait... are spoiler tags broken?

Yes. We are currently on maximum spoiler alert.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

There was also a great scene they weren't able to make due to the Bat-embargo where the Joker is preparing to commit a crime, sees Batman talking to Wonder Pig, and just decides to give up and leave.

KingofMadCows on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    So somebody I know shared this on Facebook

12107038_980858188700796_5557713480415272702_n.jpg?oh=7fa03fc53bfb10395ca23aacd30f7a18&oe=5783037E

Denial is a sad thing.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    tribalism for a movie one hasn't even seen is hilarious actually

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.