As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I tried to make a new [Game Grumps] thread, but I missed.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Yeah I was wondering when Arin would redraw the heads, he no longer has the blonde streak just a lighter brown one and also Brian looks like a lumberjack

When I was at RTX Brian played Werewolf with some RT/Funhaus guys and was the wolf the first go around. He nailed it.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    danny should be easy to redraw, since hes just about all 'fro now.
    just fill in his current face with all brown

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Arin was on Philip Defranco's youtube channel and recorded a podcast with him as well.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    oh my god that pikasnarf

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I died when Dan
    referred to the Sunlight medal as the dark souls equivalent of a "Good try award." he's really snarking Arin in these dark souls episodes and it's great

• Options
    Zunde wrote: »
    I died when Dan
    referred to the Sunlight medal as the dark souls equivalent of a "Good try award." he's really snarking Arin in these dark souls episodes and it's great

its glorious. but I have to give arin some credit. he actually beat ocerios solo (a powered up one no less) and at least tried gundyr once

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Yesterday's Dark Souls 3 episode has pretty much the most Game Grumps appropriate situation
    Watching Arin fight his way up for, like, 3-4 minutes to try and do the plunging attack on the Ancient Wyvern and just missing spectacularly and splatting on tbe ground. Pretty much the Arin-est thing he could've done in that situation.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I don't know if I can watch a 1 hour 18 minute fart academy episode, let alone a 3 hour one... especially if Ross is grumpy and low energy.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    The battle to end all battles! The final encounter! The end of an era! The last hurrah! The final countdown!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpFo6ffBZ-A
    Or not.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

• Options
    YAY! Our heroes won! It's done! It's done forever!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ-HOo1TFeU

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    in the end, the true final boss was the marsh

• Options
    I had looked up a walkthrough and killing king arthur was like, the 50% point of the guide.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/0S6MFl55_FY

Uh
    Holy shit
    That's some good animatin'.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I had looked up a walkthrough and killing king arthur was like, the 50% point of the guide.

Yeah, they actually had more game to go and I wonder if they will either care or realize. Either or.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    The Toad head in the mushroom cloud is great.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    So, I was watching today's Katamari, and Arin was commenting about the translation issues of Final Fantasy 7, but he didn't want to give away the main problem he thought it had. Does anyone know what he's talking about? I didn't know about any specific issue the translation had.

That said, it was interesting to see them even considering doing a normal RPG. And Arin has the same favorite FF that I do! Though 13 would probably generate the most game-derived humor. Maybe wait for the inevitable Super Best Friends playthrough of that one.

Oh, speaking of them, they referenced the Grumps a few times in their current Catherine playthrough. Mostly due to their opinion that Vincent looks like Danny.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    13 would be rough. It's a lot of "fight a dog", cutscene, "fight two dogs", cutscene, "fight a dog and two robots", etc for the first 10 HOURS.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I don't know of any key dramatic moments in FF7 that totally change the meaning of the game, but there's a lot of little translation errors throughout the whole thing. If you go back now the grammar issues are apparent, but it's not really super clear what subtleties are changed throughout the course of the game. It comes from an era when localization was still a pretty sloppy thing. Off the top of my head, Cait Sith is one example: Reeve is supposed to talk more formally, whereas Cait Sith talks very informally and sloppy. Then as the game goes on and Reeve grows more stressed that he'll be revealed, he slips up between the two styles of speaking. But in the English localization, they handle this by giving Cait Sith an occasional Southern American accent. Because it's inconsistent and random, the impact of the scenes where there are slip-ups doesn't exist, and some lines make no sense without that context. Another example is that in the Japanese version it's more heavily implied that the Sephiroth you're encountering through most of the game is just Jenova, whereas in the English version it seems to lean more the other way and Jenova seems like a less important actor in the story.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    XIII's best moments in the first bunch of hours come from the characters playing off each other with interpersonal conflicts and sorting their shit out directly in a way that the series had never really lasered in on like before. I actually think it's a more interesting experience than people will probably see by face value because all the negativity about the linearity of the game sort of muffles it out.

At the very least it's a very novel, interesting way to explore the cast even if it was paced really oddly. Seeing Lightning go to the shit-kid that Hope was, "so you want to enact your dumb revenge fantasies or whatever? Here, have a taste of some actual leadership and see if you can harden the fuck up first" - that was pretty fun, amongst other things.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The Black Knight series got reaaaaaal annoying there, with it being the epitome of "Arin sucks at the game while screaming how it's the worst possible thing on the planet." Not that I'm particularly eager to defend the game, but Jesus Christ dude doing the same screeching for three fucking episodes straight is straight from the pit of generic LP garbage.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Regarding FF7 translation plot issues
    Wasn't the whole "is Cloud a clone" thing really vague in the English version without seeing the secret cutscene in Nibelheim?

• Options
    Today on Mario Maker, Arin & Danny discuss weird, smelly Canadians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTOG_Y4tvDU

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    These SMM ones are the best!

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Arin's breakdown in today's Sonic episode was wonderful

• Options
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6LeOScU5N0

In which newstyle heads make their first Grump Appearance (Thumbnail only) and an unsolicited Kevin edit appears!

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOfYXj0E9cA

awwww shit is it back? it seems like it's back!

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Hahaha
    Knurrt reveal was amazing

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Hahaha
    Knurrt reveal was amazing

My favorite was
    AAAAAHHHHH! NOT BEEDRILL!

Edit: New Maker of Marios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrEzVP6wp8Y

Wait for it...

Zython on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I want Bundt to single-handily beat the Elite 4.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

He might run out of PP first. Also, I don't think he has any revives, so if Buntd, faints he might be fucked.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »

He might run out of PP first. Also, I don't think he has any revives, so if Buntd, faints he might be fucked.

arin at least didn't save yet, so he can resume from where they started

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I want a long NES Remix series. Exciting video!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Is Kevin starting to get into the editing groove? Seen 3 different little things the guys didn't call for the last couple days

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/aAl7J_MdcKg
    Maz- wrote: »

Funny you should mention that...

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I want a long NES Remix series. Exciting video!

I always though the game was kind lame and gross but they make it look pretty great the way they play it,

D083uBC.jpg