As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I tried to make a new [Game Grumps] thread, but I missed.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_1U2kKMW7I

Vernon's now defunct channel gets a proper sendoff from a bunch of former guests/Youtubers

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    It's not surprising that a board game company doesn't understand the value of internet personalities playing their game.

I dunno man, as someone who is pretty deep into board gaming, these companies need the internet to survive.

I just think they didn't want an older version of the game on display. If there are rules that were tweaked or components that were different and it changed the game enough, you wouldn't want people drawing conclusions from it. I kind of see where they're coming from.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Who says hidden item games aren't exciting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5ZzLSkd0vk&t=0s

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    It's not surprising that a board game company doesn't understand the value of internet personalities playing their game.

I dunno man, as someone who is pretty deep into board gaming, these companies need the internet to survive.

I just think they didn't want an older version of the game on display. If there are rules that were tweaked or components that were different and it changed the game enough, you wouldn't want people drawing conclusions from it. I kind of see where they're coming from.

The Paizo edition that they had in the episode is really old, too. Not just a few years or anything, that came out in 2006 and has been out of print for years. The current edition (the 19.5'th Anniversary Edition) has a *lot* of rules changes in it too.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Vernon's now defunct channel gets a proper sendoff from a bunch of former guests/Youtubers

Why's he stopping Hot Pepper Gaming?

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_1U2kKMW7I

Bummed out that we didn't get an Austin Creed Guest Grumps the last time he was in to eat hot peppers.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017

Why's he stopping Hot Pepper Gaming?

All 3 folks that work the channel (Vernon, Jared Rosen, and Erin Schmalfeld) posted blog style explainers, but the end of this video has all of them come together and say something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVkHPm6XaqM

Goose! on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    In a couple months it will be a year since my favorite character came to life in a Game Grumps episode. The Mortician from Mad Dog McCree. The moment Danny said, "Hey again!" I knew it was going to pay off.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eajqdV6cIQ

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    "You lied to me! 'He lied to ya.'"

Enlong on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Jesus did anyone see today's Doodle Doods? Guest star Suzy, theme is Disney. I'm still not done but Chris' drawing of Goofy is NSFW but crazy awesome.

Edit - OH MY GOD Chris' everything is NSFW.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I love Oney's style, he is so perfectly crude. Reminds me of Ren & Stimpy

• Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular

I busted out laughing at his Miny and Daisy drawing. My friend was not as amused by it as I was.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular

It still hits me that he is the same guy I hear in the Sleepycast podcast.

Got around to watching Doodle Dudes this week and basically that Goofy picture is more or less the personification of that "I don't know what I expected" meme.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    On today's Specter of Torment episode they talk about their view count and how it grows when episodes are coming out new vs how the view count grows long after a series is done. So I figure I'll ask; how do people watch Game Grumps; as episodes come out new, or do you wait for series to be done?

For me it really depends on the game. If it's a game I know and love, I'll watch the episodes fresh. Otherwise I go back through their archive and watch things by series (which is how I watch regular television).

Edit - There's a newish compilation; "Life Stories!" No idea how well it follows through yet but here it is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=330ycxKdRdU

Henroid on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I typically watch as they come out. I don't watch doodle doods because i'm not a fan of oney, and I haven't watched zelda as I'm still trying to find time to play it.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I generally watch one-shots as they come out and wait for series to be completed before I think about watching them cause I generally don't have the time for the longer series anymore.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    I watch as they come out. Some like Sonic DX where I didn't care much for the game I'll wait for the series to be over before putting it on a playlist

• Options
    I tend to skip longer series unless it's something I can sit down and power through in a day or two. I don't watch everyday but some series are too good to pass up. The Phllips Zelda games and Mario 64 stand out as ones I always was excited to see the next part. Also any one off with Brian is gold, Doodle Doods and Pokemon Art Academy kill it, and most holiday videos I make sure to watch.

I've taken to watching their "best of" for that previous month to see if there was anything amazing I missed.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    There are some I skip if I'm def gonna play them myself someday. Undertale and Shovel Knight are examples of this.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I pretty much watch them as they release videos. When I first started watching in, I think, late 2014 / early 2015, I'd watch a whole series to catch myself up and get acquainted with Arin and Dan. I'll still sometimes go back and watch an old series that I enjoyed, though.

The first video uploaded each day comes up on my lunch break, so it gives me something to watch while eating my food. And tben the second (used to be third) video comes up during my last hour of work, when things are generally less busy, so it helps pass the time.

I do miss the middle slot, though. Getting videos with the other Grumps was fun. Losing Steam Train and Grumpcade (excepting the recent Oney ones which are unwatchable for me), only to be replaced with one Doodle Doods a week kinda sucks. Especially since I don't watch Doodle Doods, not since the second episode.

Zomro on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    The only ones I always kept up with were Undertale and the Super Mario Maker series.

Otherwise, I just watch the short ones or take on the first or second of a long one. Rarely do I want to keep going, especially now since half the games they are doing are ones I want to play and haven't yet.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I pretty much always watch everything as it comes out, unless it's for a game that I don't want to be spoiled on, which is very rare for them. Dark Souls 3 is the only game I can recall that being an issue for more than a couple days.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    For me it really depends on the game. I really have no interest in watching them play Breath of the Wild, and I really want to play Shovel Knight myself. So that means I'm going through Link to the Past right now.

I followed them hard on the Zelda: Wand of Gamelon/Other Abortion because their reactions to playing it was great.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    If I have designs on playing something, I won't watch them. If I don't or I've already played it, i usually wait until there's a backlog before starting.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Oh my fucking god, Arin's lack of ability in Specter of Torment is fucking killing me inside. At first it was obvious secrets. But Tinker Knight's stage, holy fuck, Arin would you just... aaaaaaaaaa

At least Danny's stories have been TOP FUCKING NOTCH.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I did not realize the Shovel Knight dlc was free if you owned the base game until Arin said it. Awesome, I have new game to play!

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    There are some I skip if I'm def gonna play them myself someday. Undertale and Shovel Knight are examples of this.

This generally, but I may also just flat lose interest in a series if it just goes on for way too many episodes to the point where I feel it's bullying out time that could be used discovering other interesting things, like with Mario Maker. There are plenty more Frolfs of the world to play, but we never see them because we instead have three months of Dark Souls III.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    The 10-15 minute format is terrible for a lot of games they play.

• Options
    Mario Maker is the best series and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I really wish they'd dedicate at least one day of the week to one-offs. It's a bit grating seeing the same two games running for weeks at a time.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited April 2017

E: not showing up as embedded for me :(
    New Game Grumps sketch comedy series - World Famous
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxmbxNxDrpA&t=0s

Psykoma on
  • Options
    I really wish they'd dedicate at least one day of the week to one-offs. It's a bit grating seeing the same two games running for weeks at a time.

Especially two I won't be watching.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Game Grumps: We have crates AND barrels!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDkojKnktvs

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular

I just they did more one-offs in general. For me, the only recurring series I'd like to see is Mario Maker but I doubt that's really coming back.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    On the opposite end I like their series most, as those episodes when the game is slow are when their stories come out, and there's just rarely time for those interactions in the one offs.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    So uh, Arin had a panic attack. He's fine as it would turn out, but they've been having increasing frequency of talking about how busy / stressed their time has been outside Game Grumps itself, specifically with some show they've been filming. I wonder when that's gonna drop.

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    So uh, Arin had a panic attack. He's fine as it would turn out, but they've been having increasing frequency of talking about how busy / stressed their time has been outside Game Grumps itself, specifically with some show they've been filming. I wonder when that's gonna drop.

Source? But yeah the man should take it easy.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »

Source? But yeah the man should take it easy.
    Specter of Torment episode 13.

• Options
    That show is the Youtube Red thingie with Dan Harmon attached, mocking e-sports