As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] The last hurrah before the NeXt generation arrives.

196979899100102»

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Kinda sad, but not unexpected. I loved this little guy and I have a feeling that in several years time it'll become the Dreamcast of Nintendo consoles.

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I want to preorder it, but at the same time, its release on the Switch has me worried about performance issues on the WiiU, which makes me want to wait until it comes out.

But then that has me worried about being able to find a copy at all.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I know everyone likes to hate on GameStop, but go preorder it at GameStop. You'll get a copy in for you, and just read reviews before you pick it up. If it turns out to be bad on Wii U, go cancel the order and get whatever money you put down back.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    kowikowi Registered User regular
    I want to preorder it, but at the same time, its release on the Switch has me worried about performance issues on the WiiU, which makes me want to wait until it comes out.

I am waiting until its release so that my WiiU doesn't start hogging on me

PSN: kowi - WiiU: kowi - XBL: KoWi - twitch.tv/kowi profile.png - "Yes, Kowi is the King of All" - smilie.png Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    For what its worth Aunoma has said in a recent interview (its posted in the Zelda thread) that the Wii U and Switch versions are the same exact game, just that the loading in the Switch version is faster.

I'm sticking with the Wii U version that I've already paid for and preordered and will enjoy Zelda and the games I already own but haven't played yet for some time. As for the Switch I can wait for a price drop, the library to build, and some refurbished units to become available. I haven't even had my Wii U for a full three years yet so I'm not even feeling that itch for the next system that strongly now. My excitement for new Zelda overshadows that for the Switch, even if it looks pretty cool in its own right.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Anyone played Starfox Guard? That seems to have slipped through the cracks - I've got a Wii U backlog to work through and the Starfox dual-pack is in that, wondering which I should try first.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

You could just buy a digital version.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    Anyone played Starfox Guard? That seems to have slipped through the cracks - I've got a Wii U backlog to work through and the Starfox dual-pack is in that, wondering which I should try first.

It's a fun, unique concept. Pretty universally accepted to be better than the main Starfox game.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

You could just buy a digital version.

how did that not occur to me

Actually in all fairness, Nintendo took such a conservative approach to online stuff in general this generation that I sometimes forget digital purchases are even a thing, even though I went so far as to buy an external hard drive specifically to make it more feasible.

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    I'm kind of tempted to buy a Wii U copy of BotW and just leave it sealed. I know GCN copies of Twilight Princess became a bit of a collector's item.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Cokomon wrote: »
    I'm kind of tempted to buy a Wii U copy of BotW and just leave it sealed. I know GCN copies of Twilight Princess became a bit of a collector's item.

I hadn't thought of that. I think chances WiiU Zelda becomes more desirable are pretty slim unless they announce it gets some kind of exclusive content. There'll always be the collector's appeal, I guess.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I still think they're going to delay the Wii U version, however slightly. Wouldn't surprise me if it's comparably rare, either. Plus Wii U players are getting screwed out of the special editions...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    WiiU Breath of the Wild might be the last Zelda game on an optical disc.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I still think they're going to delay the Wii U version, however slightly. Wouldn't surprise me if it's comparably rare, either. Plus Wii U players are getting screwed out of the special editions...

I like the idea of wiiu special edition, with the same switch sleeve

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    The benefit of WiiU Zelda is that you don't have to buy a new $300 console to play it.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    And dont have to pay $texas for a real controller.

This discussion has been closed.