As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox Live] GO TO NEW THREAD HOMIES

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    YES!

• Options
    My main question regarding SSX is... I wonder if I can still do the custom soundtracks

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Goooonna have to swing by gamestop and get a $10 copy of SSX tonight.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    SSX was a GwG game a while back, wasn't it?

• Options
    Looks like the custom soundtracks won't work on Xbone, which is a shame. I had a massive playlist for the game back when it launched, sad I can't just plug in my old Zune and relive that experience.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Arteen wrote: »
    SSX was a GwG game a while back, wasn't it?

Back in December it looks like, but I must not have grabbed it. I missed a bunch of the 360 stuff.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I have noticed that GameStop is awesome* about jacking up the price of games that appear on the BC list. I went hunting for L4D2 when that landed and it was up to $30 for a used copy.

*by "awesome" I mean "total dick vacuums"

LutExIV on
    26965406221_865f825658.jpg
    Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
  • Options
    Make sure to grab the Season Pass for online stuff, pretty sure they made it free along with some other DLC like Mt.Fuji

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    LutExIV wrote: »

I have noticed that GameStop is awesome* about jacking up the price of games that appear on the BC list. I went hunting for L4D2 when that landed and it was up to $30 for a used copy.

To be fair, that is basic supply and demand. The demand went up (from basically zero), but the supply didn't.

• Options
    LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »

To be fair, that is basic supply and demand. The demand went up (from basically zero), but the supply didn't.

The existence of cheaper digital versions would argue against the supply part of that, but I see your point.

26965406221_865f825658.jpg
    Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
  • Options
    LostNinja wrote: »

The existence of cheaper digital versions would argue against the supply part of that, but I see your point.

As long as they are cheaper than a digital copy on the live marketplace is all that matters.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Streaming some SSX
    https://www.twitch.tv/localhjay/

Stream over, did alright but definitely need to shake the cobwebs off some more

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I need to boot up my 360 and get all of my saves into the cloud.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Is there an easy way to mute individual players in games? I'm playing Overwatch, I don't even have my mic plugged in, but I keep hearing toxic little kids screaming every profanity possible coming through my tv.

Edit: figured it out

LostNinja on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I know there's probably a Resident Evil thread somewhere down the aether but RE6 HD feels like a waste of twenty bucks. Lack of consistent hit boxes and damage and trying to play around pre ordained events in the path and the forced co-op even in single player, I know people gave RE5 shit but it felt consistent in gameplay from RE4 at the very least.

You're doing something wrong when you make killing zombies feel like a chore.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Gargos has dropped into Killer Instinct and he is a load of fun.

Here is what he looks like in the hands of someone who is actually good at the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf7zzzQOTcY

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Waiting for the RAAM reveal.

• Options
    Sounds like the Xboxes price has been dropped to $300.

*sniff, sniff* Smells like new hardware's comin'!

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    You know what would be a massive surprise this E3? Sunset Overdrive 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjM29f1Ri6k

Probably not, but still. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Still holdin' out hope for Shadow Complex 2.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    How well did Sunset Overdrive do for Insomniac

The new Ratchet and Clank just made bank

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    damn tasty, i thought that was gonna be a teaser not just your wishful thinking!!
    How well did Sunset Overdrive do for Insomniac

The new Ratchet and Clank just made bank

hard to say really. sales wise i don't think it was a tremendous hit, but their deal with MS probably off-set that. the fact that it was one of the recent GwG might hint at an announcement, but its also likely that if they do do a sequel that it will be multi-platform.

the main thing is that its an IP that they own and that gives them the freedom to do as they like with it, so i would expect a sequel at some point no matter how well it did.

• Options
    Eh... it's kind of odd comparing the sales of a decades old established franchise to their new IP.

Also their next game is Song of the Deep, which is a departure from both games.

• Options
    Maybe I should finally play Sunset Overdrive

People kept comparing it to Jet Grind Radio though and I think that game is fuckin' trash

• Options
    Eh... it's kind of odd comparing the sales of a decades old established franchise to their new IP.

gotta admit that is something i like about Insomniac, they aren't afraid to change things up and pay around in different genres. i'm sure we'll see more of Song of the Deep if nothing else from them, so there's at least that to look forward too.

• Options

Oh man I can't wait for Song of the Deep

GameStop getting into publishing is a little strange for me but they picked the perfect first game to do to get me interested

• Options
    Maybe I should finally play Sunset Overdrive

People kept comparing it to Jet Grind Radio though and I think that game is fuckin' trash

Some people just like to watch the thread burn! :P

• Options
    Does Sony own Ratchet and Clank or could Insomniac go multi-platform with it?

• Options

pretty sure Sony owns it. the main reason they went with MS for Sunset Overdrive is because Sony wanted to own the IP if they were gonna provide funding and MS were happy let Insomniac retain full ownership. after what happened with Fuse they've become dedicated to ownership/control of their IP.

• Options

Sony owns it.

Even if they didn't, I think it'd be about as face-slappy to the fans as Sunset OD showing up on the PS4 or something. Sure, it could happen... but yeah.

• Options
    Why would that be a slap in the face

If Insomniac owned R&C I'd love to see Xbox owners get some love, they're great games

• Options
    the only way i think it could be even remotely considered a 'slap in the face' is if you took something that was exclusive to one platform and then made the sequel exclusive to another. taking a game or series multi-platform after its first outing is fair game.

• Options
    edited May 2016

If Insomniac owned R&C I'd love to see Xbox owners get some love, they're great games

Part of the narrative behind Sunset OD is the whole "Microsoft let us keep our IP, but Sony wouldn't," and such. Given that circumstance, going multi after that fact could be interpreted as a betrayal of sorts. Kind of surprised there isn't much emo over titanfall's sequel not being exclusive. Though I imagine that may change come E3.

Not saying I don't want it multiplat (doesn't effect me in any way*), just thinking about passions of teh gamers and all.

edit: *oh, I'd have to read people complain about it.

tastydonuts on
  • Options

Part of the narrative behind Sunset OD is the whole "Microsoft let us keep our IP, but Sony wouldn't," and such. Given that circumstance, going multi after that fact could be interpreted as a betrayal of sorts. Kind of surprised there isn't much emo over titanfall's sequel not being exclusive. Though I imagine that may change come E3.

Not saying I don't want it multiplat (doesn't effect me in any way), just thinking about passions of teh gamers and all.

Fuck those people?

Yeah.

Fuck those people

"MS let us keep our IP, so we're gonna make practical use of that and put it everywhere."

"NO! They gave you your freedom, now use that 'freedom' to restrict yourself for the good of gamers and console wars."

• Options
    Titanfall being exclusive is a little different as that was EA being dickbags to the development team by making deals without even giving them a heads up. IIRC, Respawn didn't even find out about the permanent exclusivity until it was public knowledge, which kinda sucks for them because they were already working on the PS4 version.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I hate all exclusivity but I really really hate when a game is multiplatform and parts of it are kept exclusive.

Because if a game is single platform I can get the excuse that it would take more time for a port or simultaneous development.

When a game is already multiplatform, then keeping content from one playerbase because of money or contracts or whatever just suuuuucks.

• Options
    Titanfall being exclusive is a little different as that was EA being dickbags to the development team by making deals without even giving them a heads up. IIRC, Respawn didn't even find out about the permanent exclusivity until it was public knowledge, which kinda sucks for them because they were already working on the PS4 version.

to be fair, Respawn signed a contract that allowed EA to do that. after the founders falling out with Activision you'd think they'd be more careful about what they sign, so either they knew it was a possibility or it was really poor management.

as for fallout over Titanfall going multi-platform, most people were saying from day one that the sequel would end up going mutli-platform, especially as the PS4's lead widened. there might be a few Xbox Bro's that scream and bitch and whine about it, but the larger gaming community expected it and will welcome it. hopefully Sony will be ok with XBL/PSN cross-play and everyone will be able to play together.

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »

to be fair, Respawn signed a contract that allowed EA to do that. after the founders falling out with Activision you'd think they'd be more careful about what they sign, so either they knew it was a possibility or it was really poor management.

as for fallout over Titanfall going multi-platform, most people were saying from day one that the sequel would end up going mutli-platform, especially as the PS4's lead widened. there might be a few Xbox Bro's that scream and bitch and whine about it, but the larger gaming community expected it and will welcome it. hopefully Sony will be ok with XBL/PSN cross-play and everyone will be able to play together.

I'm not just including the Xbox one playerbase in the people being emo there. Not looking forward to the iterations what the first one "should have been" and such.

Actually think I may just avoid gaming related things in general for the duration of E3 this year...

• Options
    Titanfall seemed like kind of a non-starter after it actually released though

Like, yay it's coming to PS4 and will have a wider base, but does that base still care, really?

I feel like there's almost no hype around Titanfall 2