As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's a [Podcast Thread] out there.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Speaking of power rangers very briefly, last week's Dino Charge episode was an Ivan (The gold ranger and time displaced knight) focus episode where he somehow ends up owing a rich dude money

Things do not go well when he tries to withdraw his gold bar from the bank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6st6IfM0vc

I love this guy so much

he's friggin adorable

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    That channel is one of youtube's greatest gifts

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I love so much how much he commits to this

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Okay I just finished listening to MBMBAM and I gotta say

Young Joseph Stalin had some good good hair

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

One day he's going to come out with Dr Tracksuit

I don't know what he's going to do to make it happen

But its gonna happen

And he won't acknowledge that its weird at all

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

One day he's going to come out with Dr Tracksuit

I don't know what he's going to do to make it happen

But its gonna happen

And he won't acknowledge that its weird at all

i mean, it won't be

they're two separate people

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Hypothetically speaking

If I were to make an intro for the upcoming Paxamania, which Wrestling intro would be most fitting while also being possible to replicate

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Jeff is such a good manager

Paul Heyman could take lessons from him

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That Power Ranger at the top of the page is just asking to have his finger lopped off, holding a sword like that

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    That Power Ranger at the top of the page is just asking to have his finger lopped off, holding a sword like that

he's pointing to his name engraved on the blade because he was asked for ID

• Options
    Hypothetically speaking

If I were to make an intro for the upcoming Paxamania, which Wrestling intro would be most fitting while also being possible to replicate
    https://youtu.be/m7GEpqjyvXE

Is the modern one I would use

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

he's pointing to his name engraved on the blade because he was asked for ID

Oh okay that makes it a bit better

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Hypothetically speaking

...gosh, that 3D logo is... awful flashy...

If I go with this one some serious compromises will be made

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Hypothetically speaking

...gosh, that 3D logo is... awful flashy...

If I go with this one some serious compromises will be made
    It wouldn't be Paxamania if it wasn't full of compromise

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    watching that made me wanna go watch VGCW

• Options
    edited April 2016
    http://paxamania.com/

Are these all the announced contenders so far

I've got to imagine there are way more than this

e: well crap the whole site is one URL

double e: dang, I can't even find any highlight videos

this is going to be a lot of work just combing through videos to find usable/cool stuff

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

jeff saw a movie, you guys

sky is falling, and he hasn't even seen Skyfall

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Hardcore Henry seems like a very Jeff movie, i'm glad he seemed to enjoy it

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Doesn't Dr Tracksuit usually swim in from overseas just in time for these things?

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I've never had a game unsell me on it as fast as the Battleborn beta.

I mean, I didn't go in with high expectations, but I quit and uninstalled it in under 15 minutes of playing.

That game is hot garbage.

What's bad about it? Give me all the hot takes.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

It doesn't seem like he enjoyed it

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    DrDinosaur wrote: »

I mean, I didn't go in with high expectations, but I quit and uninstalled it in under 15 minutes of playing.

It might be faster to tell you what is good about it. The art style is kind of cool, and that's about it.

Gunplay is boring, guns are weightless, not any fun to shoot, not any fun to hit things with, not interesting. Movement is boring, nothing interesting going on with it. The cooldown moves aren't exciting and are on too long of a cooldown to help make up for it. Enemies are bullet sponges with awful AI, level design is bog standard.

The worst offender might be the writing? It's boring, it's meme laden, and it's repetitive. In 15 minutes I heard my character call the enemies "filthy casuals" (or something like that, forget the exact phrasing) at least 20 times.

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

I dont think you can tell just from his tweets, seems like it could go either way

He calls it dumb but he loves dumb things sometimes

I thought hardcore Henry was fantastic and also one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen

• Options

It might be faster to tell you what is good about it. The art style is kind of cool, and that's about it.

Gunplay is boring, guns are weightless, not any fun to shoot, not any fun to hit things with, not interesting. Movement is boring, nothing interesting going on with it. The cooldown moves aren't exciting and are on too long of a cooldown to help make up for it. Enemies are bullet sponges with awful AI, level design is bog standard.

The worst offender might be the writing? It's boring, it's meme laden, and it's repetitive. In 15 minutes I heard my character call the enemies "filthy casuals" (or something like that, forget the exact phrasing) at least 20 times.

Do you like Borderlands either

I'm wondering if maybe people that are into Borderlands could enjoy it, but probably not even then

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Do you like Borderlands either

I'm wondering if maybe people that are into Borderlands could enjoy it, but probably not even then

I liked the first Borderlands somewhat for like the first 8 hours I played it and then it corrupted my save and I never played it or another borderlands again so I don't really have an opinion in regards to borderlands.

Borderlands seemed to have more of a sense of unique personality than Battleborn which just felt generic at every level to me.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    But it's hobby grade

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

To me the quoted tweet reads as "If Hardcore Henry stopped for even a moment to let you consider what was happening, none of it would work at all. (but since it doesn't it's highly enjoyable despite the problems lurking just below the surface)"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

To me the quoted tweet reads as "If Hardcore Henry stopped for even a moment to let you consider what was happening, none of it would work at all. (but since it doesn't it's highly enjoyable despite the problems lurking just below the surface)"

I read it more as "This movie didn't work at all, and tried to hide this fact by keeping a breakneck pace to distract the audience."

Though I can see your reading of it being possible as well. I blame the 140 character limit on twitter. Also me being a cynic, apparently.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    hardcore henry looks like the dumbest shit in the world to me, and not the good kind of dumb

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I mean, you're both right

it moves fast enough that you're like "this is cool, I am enjoying these explosions and kicks and punches"

and then you get out of the theatre, sit in your car, and realize that it was in fact a pretty bad movie

jimmy is cool though

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    To be fair, I also clicked through to his timeline, where he said it should've been a 240p youtube movie and called it a mess

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    hardcore henry looks like the dumbest shit in the world to me, and not the good kind of dumb

Hardcore Henry is kind of amazing because there is something that happens in it that essentially is a 100% accurate litmus test in that you will either go "nope" or "fuck yeah" and that will tell you if you will like the movie

unfortunately its one of those things where knowing about it going in would steal fun from people who WOULD enjoy it so it is slightly less useful
    I mean, you're both right

it moves fast enough that you're like "this is cool, I am enjoying these explosions and kicks and punches"

and then you get out of the theatre, sit in your car, and realize that it was in fact a pretty bad movie

jimmy is cool though

Jimmy is so great

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I'd like to see a like, Doctrinaire Dennis, where it was made by people who aren't twelve year olds with a malfunctioning sense of humor

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

Hardcore Henry is kind of amazing because there is something that happens in it that essentially is a 100% accurate litmus test in that you will either go "nope" or "fuck yeah" and that will tell you if you will like the movie

unfortunately its one of those things where knowing about it going in would steal fun from people who WOULD enjoy it so it is slightly less useful

I will never ever see that movie, so spoil it for me

• Options
    Hardcore Henry seems like if it were an actual video game it would be roundly mocked

Like it looks about as well-written as Watch Dogs

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I feel like just from watching the trailer for Hardcore Henry people should have a pretty strong idea if they do or do not want to see the film.

I, personally, do not. In general I have not enjoyed the increasing "video-game-ification" (for lack of better term) of movies and this is just like, that to the hilt.

Inquisitor on
  • Options

I read it more as "This movie didn't work at all, and tried to hide this fact by keeping a breakneck pace to distract the audience."

Though I can see your reading of it being possible as well. I blame the 140 character limit on twitter. Also me being a cynic, apparently.
    I think if he said it did stop and fall apart then you would be right

But from his tweet it sounds like it never let up the pace so he was able to look past it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

I will never ever see that movie, so spoil it for me
    There is a badguy who has telekenesis and he floats a bunch of bodies around the room they're fighting in and also levitates himself. Henry kills him by super mario jumping off of the floating bodies, pulling his robot eyeball out of its socket and using the cord its on to decapitate him.

your reaction to this one sentence is the surest way to tell if you would enjoy a movie or not that I've ever heard of

This discussion has been closed.