As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Might as well face it you're addicted to [Love]

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Get a beehouse or a V60 to replace it!

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Well, we summoned him.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I wish I liked coffee more than I do.

It seems like it'd be so much more interesting if I could appreciate it without it being drowned in milk and sugar first.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

I would need a different kind of kettle for that wouldn't I?

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    @ darleysam @ solar @ psykoma I had a dream that we went for a hike in the hills and then painted the view Bob Ross style, it was lovely.

Hill hiking is awesome. I've never actually painted since like second grade, so maybe I'd have to go back to my finger painting basics.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    @ darleysam @ solar @ psykoma I had a dream that we went for a hike in the hills and then painted the view Bob Ross style, it was lovely.

Hill hiking is awesome. I've never actually painted since like second grade, so maybe I'd have to go back to my finger painting basics.

In my dream you were the best so I'm not sure what that says!

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Awww, a lovely dreamer to dream such nice things

• Options
    I mean I could tell you all about my nightmares of being late for school despite leaving more than ten years ago but that is not in the Love Thread spirit.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I mean I could tell you all about my nightmares of being late for school despite leaving more than ten years ago but that is not in the Love Thread spirit.

Are a Cyclops, some Sirens, sea monsters, a sorceress and other assorted hindrances showing up in that dream? Also is there a prequel that is called The Iliiyas?

honovere on
  • Options

I still get nightmares that I never graduated and was meant to be working on my dissertation all this time, and oh dear it's due in right now why isn't it done!

forumsig.png
  • Options
    honovere wrote: »
    Are a Cyclops, some Sirens, sea monsters, a sorceress and other assorted hindrances showing up in that dream? Also is there a prequel that is called The Iliiyas?
    I know this reference and I'm going mad not getting it from my head, I know it is a Greek myth thing and aghh.

darleysam wrote: »
    I still get nightmares that I never graduated and was meant to be working on my dissertation all this time, and oh dear it's due in right now why isn't it done!
    This is my life right now :(

• Options
    edited March 2016
    It's a reference to the Odyssey! Which is the epic following the Iliad. In the Odyssey, the titular Odysseus takes ten years to get home after the Trojan War.

The Iliiyad hahaha

Solar on
  • Options
    Sing, oh goddess, of the rage of Liiya!

• Options
    Damn it. My head has reached maximum information capacity.

• Options
    Solar wrote: »
    It's a reference to the Odyssey! Which is the epic following the Iliad.

The Iliiyad hahaha

Oh yeah, forgot it has the d at the end in english for some reason.

• Options
    This is my life right now :(

Oh no! But it'll be done soon, right?

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    A nice dream, Liiya.

I dreamed that I was leading my family through a haunted house but it was sort of a video game and I already knew that they couldn't win so I led them outside but I was cursed so I was being pulled back towards the house and then everyone died in a huge blizzard and also I had cancer.

So just a whole whack of fears to unpack there.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Two weeks and a major deadline, then a month after that final major deadline, then an exhibition for two months and then... pray to the baby jesus that someone hires me and my grades are okay.

But yes - not long really!

forum please stop freaking out.

Liiya on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I dreamt that the final boss fight from Final Fantasy X was playing out live (like those shows at Universal Studios) and I was in the spectator box, but then things went off script and Sin started attacking the spectator box. Fortunately Doc Brown showed up at the last minute in the Delorean to rescue me.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Two weeks and a major deadline, then a month after that final major deadline, then an exhibition for two months and then... pray to the baby jesus that someone hires me and my grades are okay.

Oh you've got that, for sure!

forumsig.png
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Hi love thread

So being down here in Australia, dating life has been pretty slow going. Since that whole deal around Christmas, I've only had like two dates.

But there's this one woman who I've been crushing on more or less since I got here. We get along really well as friends, but we're quite different. For one thing, she's a divorcee with two young kids. She's only a couple of years older than me, but with oodles more life experience.

Still, I really like her a lot. Even if it didn't end up being anything, I'd love to go on a date with her and get to know her better. I've asked her out before, and she said yes, but she had to reschedule. After another attempt, I assumed she wasn't actually interested and dropped it. Not long after, the other girl happened, the one who's on a mission in the Philippines now.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. I was catching up with my once-prospective-date, and my now-ex-girlfriend came up. I mentioned that she was the first girl I'd even gone on a date with in Australia. My friend seemed quite surprised at this, and she asked me why I hadn't been on more dates. I thought about how funny it was that she was the one asking that question, and replied that I'd asked a few people on dates but nothing had materialized. Then she asked who. Oh dear. I shot straight: "Well, uh, this is awkward but you're totally one of the people I asked." Her response caught me off guard: "well, I don't remember ever telling you no!"

At this very moment, my ride arrived and I had to go. What a place to leave that conversation. Naturally this got the cogs whirring in my head again, and the next evening I gave her a call. Her phone went straight to answering machine, and I just asked her to call me back. Then - in spite of the fact that she totally already had it - I started reciting my number, before realising I was saying my number from the UK. The Australian number had gone from my head. Whoops. Well, let's try this again.

I pressed the hash key, and i was presented with two options-neither of which was to delete the message and try again, or at least it didn't seem so. I picked the one that sounded closest to that. "Message sent". CRAP.

I quickly sent her a flustered text: "Well crap, disregard that voice message. That was meant to be a do-over! Anyway, I called and stuff. Get back to me when you can!"

Fast forward to today. She spots me at church. From the sound of it, she thought both the voice mail and the text were about the funniest things in the world. Well, at least I finally got to ask her out, again. Plus she gave me a box of mini easter eggs. Yeah, she's pretty awesome.

More on this story as it develops!

• Options
    Good luck, dude!

• Options

Gyna moi ennepe, mousa, polytropa.

• Options
    A nice dream, Liiya.

I dreamed that I was leading my family through a haunted house but it was sort of a video game and I already knew that they couldn't win so I led them outside but I was cursed so I was being pulled back towards the house and then everyone died in a huge blizzard and also I had cancer.

So just a whole whack of fears to unpack there.
    oh wow that is some deep seated stuff there.

I dreamt that the final boss fight from Final Fantasy X was playing out live (like those shows at Universal Studios) and I was in the spectator box, but then things went off script and Sin started attacking the spectator box. Fortunately Doc Brown showed up at the last minute in the Delorean to rescue me.
    Thank goodness for Doc!

Thanks Sam - I appreciate the vote of confidence!

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

I would need a different kind of kettle for that wouldn't I?

Not necessarily. Gooseneck helps but you can use a regular kettle.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wait how big are Cadbury eggs in the UK?

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Wait how big are Cadbury eggs in the UK?

icgzt26tudoi.jpg

(not much really)

EGG.jpg 213.8K
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    But where is the "egg!" onomatopoeia

• Options
    The royal creme egg there

• Options
    Does America only have the mini eggs?

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Veldrin wrote: »

We have mini eggs but we definitely have ones that are about the size of your standard chicken eggs, or a bit smaller

Okay I guess they're not quite that big but whatever

Edit again: why can't I remember how big actual eggs are

When was the last time I saw an egg

Grey Ghost on
  • Options

We have mini eggs but we definitely have ones that are about the size of your standard chicken eggs, or a bit smaller

Wait, what even are eggs?

forumsig.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

The next street over has a few chickens and a rooster and is quite talkative about his little farm
    The eggs his chickens have are I think the same size as ones you get in the store

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

The next street over has a few chickens and a rooster and is quite talkative about his little farm
    The eggs his chickens have are I think the same size as ones you get in the store

But how big are the ones you get in the store??????

• Options
    Christ it's hailing like a right bastard here

What the hell is with that

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    The terror of Storm Katie (Hopkins)

Getting periodic torrential rain here, but it's really nice in between so it's a bit odd.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    A friend of mine from school got married last night
    Dude was well known around town as a DJ and did a DJ set at his own wedding, and from the videos I was sent it looked pretty fucking sick

• Options
    Oh sorry egg thread but that was a post about love and also fresh beats

• Options
    It is chucking it down, but it always is here.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Solar wrote: »
    Christ it's hailing like a right bastard here

What the hell is with that

Yup, same here. Had the window open earlier but now it's some kind of manically indecisive hatestorm going on.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
This discussion has been closed.