As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Might as well face it you're addicted to [Love]

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I am excited to throw the hat!

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I hope you do the dance of friendship for Liiya next time you meet, Solar

It's not like those moves are hard, really

but Solar will never throw shapes on demand

you gotta be feeling the rhythm

Implying that seeing Liiya somehow isn't enough to move you to dance? Some friend...

I bought her half a strongbow what more does she bloody well want eh?
    :heartbeat:

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Turns out I have a tiny head.

I have a massive head. In general life you tend to be a bit oblivious about it, buying a riding hat makes you very aware. There are usually laughs.

Can't help my brain being so damn big.

• Options

Thank you for that!

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Angelina wrote: »
    While things are a bit (ha!) poop, it's been really lovely to read this thread. It's like being at a pub with your mates, and not feeling up for conversation, but enjoying the comfort of being around them.

funny you should mention that, really, because as this love thread nears the end I am currently reading page 31 of a previous love thread

November 2015
    I went out last night and I made out with a hot lady while dancing several times and I also got her number

so yeah

cool cool
    Fuckin ell comrades she's texted us first
    Well I have been texted and texted back extendedly and repeatedly today. She lives in London but is often up in Sheffield so could be onto a winner here.

Especially as the subject of the text messages has veered from whimsical to a bit of filthy flirting.

You know it's nice to think that she's sitting on a train thinking about me, as I sit in my flat and assemble ikea furniture while thinking of her. What's incredibly, awesomely nice though is that I am totally relaxed about the whole deal. No nerves, no worries, just feeling 8-)

nice

I have a lot of emotions reading that back to myself, a moment when I stopped sleepwalking through my life and woke up for what felt like the first time in ages. Really felt something good and bright and strong! And then there's a lot of other emotions too, feelings about what happened

But one of those emotions is that a lot of people on these forums clicked "Awesome" when they read those posts because they cared and they were happy for me being so excited.

And I guess that means a lot to me. You guys mean a lot to me! For being supportive and sharing these things, good and bad. Thanks thread! I hope that I can be there for you guys like you been there for me, through the trials and tribulations of romance and love.

Solar on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Implying that seeing Liiya somehow isn't enough to move you to dance? Some friend...

I eventually figured out this was probably some sort of beverage, but at first I was trying to figured why half of a bow would be a thing to be happy about. It's either a piece of wood or some string.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    It will all be better in time, duck.

• Options
    It will all be better in time, duck.

I really think it will!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

I eventually figured out this was probably some sort of beverage, but at first I was trying to figured why half of a bow would be a thing to be happy about. It's either a piece of wood or some string.
    It could also be a smaller piece of wood with a smaller piece of string attached to it on one end. That would probably be closer to a true half too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Strongbow is a Cider! Liiya likes it

There you go, there's today's Liiyafact

• Options
    Strongbow is a Cider! Liiya likes it

There you go, there's today's Liiyafact

I am taking notes under "How to lure a Liiya into friendship".

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Best way, and this goes for people in general IMO

be nice

everyone likes someone who is nice

• Options
    Its cheap but you can still get tipsy.

• Options

be nice

So if I'm a nice guy, people will owe me friendship?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular

Only time I've been really, truly, properly drunk, was at university on Strongbow.

It's the only time for a reason!

forumsig.png
  • Options

be nice

Dangerous m'lady territory, danger!

• Options

be nice

This is not the lesson I intended to teach! woe!

• Options
    darleysam wrote: »

Only time I've been really, truly, properly drunk, was at university on Strongbow.

I too have been very, very drunk on Strongbow because; cheap and plentiful

It's not too bad for extreme drunkeness you just need to go to the loo a lot because it's pretty weak too so lots and lots of pints

• Options

be nice

Dangerous m'lady territory, danger!

But... sophisticated gentlemen say "m'lady". Surely it will make me sound classy.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I've only been really proper drunk a few times.

Cider could probably do it. I usually can't drink enough beer to get drunk drunk because I feel full before I feel more than tipsy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Spirits are the best for getting really, properly drunk because of that very reason; you don't get incredibly bloated on vast quantities of liquid and do yourself in as a result

And cocktails are the best form of spirits on a night out because, well

because they are, obviously

Solar on
  • Options

But... sophisticated gentlemen say "m'lady". Surely it will make me sound classy.

-Flashbacks to friendship trap surprise dates-

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Watch out, Bagel, you might get crucified on the Tree of Woe

• Options
    I don't much like being really drunk. There's a level of mild drunkenness where I'm very relaxed (a rare state for me) and probably a bit too talkative that is my ideal level of intoxication. Any more than that and I feel too out of control and risk getting sick and that's not fun that's just stressful. Any less and, well, I could have just had a root beer or something and saved a bunch of money.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

It's not too bad for extreme drunkeness you just need to go to the loo a lot because it's pretty weak too so lots and lots of pints

Well I sure spent a lot of time getting acquainted with the bathroom, where at one point the cold, hard floor tiles seemed like the most inviting place to fall asleep.

Pretty sure I've not touched Strongbow since.

forumsig.png
  • Options

-Flashbacks to friendship trap surprise dates-

Oh no, my jokes have gone too far.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited April 2016

Well I sure spent a lot of time getting acquainted with the bathroom, where at one point the cold, hard floor tiles seemed like the most inviting place to fall asleep.

Ah yes

I have slept on many a tiled floor in my day. Mostly kitchens and bathrooms in people's houses, mind. The bath looks comfy right? It's a trick! Sleep on the floor instead, the bath will be murder on your back.

Also really if you've got any scratch to your name at all your can do much better than Strongbow mate

Solar on
  • Options
    Spirits are the best for getting really, properly drunk because of that very reason; you don't get incredibly bloated on vast quantities of liquid and do yourself in as a result

because the are, obviously

What a coincidence the drunkest I've ever been involved tequila.

I avoided a hangover by waking up still drunk.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

because the are, obviously

What a coincidence the drunkest I've ever been involved tequila.

I avoided a hangover by waking up still drunk.

The last time I had Tequila I maybe threw up a little on a pool table (only the side!) and was asked (firmly, and with a hand on my arm) to leave

next time I went to that locale I was a bit worried but they let me right in. It was the kind of place where that kind of stuff happens, mind.

• Options
    Jagerbombs, never again.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Jagerboarding is where it's at

• Options
    I would never spring a surprise date on someone like that. My biggest fears in dating are doing something colossally shameful and the person I ask out not being into me. Surprise date trap is automatically the first thing and makes the second thing way more humiliating.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Ah yes

I have slept on many a tiled floor in my day. Mostly kitchens and bathrooms in people's houses, mind. The bath looks comfy right? It's a trick! Sleep on the floor instead, the bath will be murder on your back.

Also really if you've got any scratch to your name at all your can do much better than Strongbow mate

Oh, I'm not loaded, but this was back at uni where a) I didn't drink much anyway, and b) my housemates were buying the alcohol with the intent of getting me drunk for the first time. It was pretty much the exact opposite of how/what I choose to drink, which is little and good-tasting.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Jagerbombs, never again.

Now we all know that "never again" and some form of alcohol means "only after I've had a few"

• Options

Ah yes

Oh, I'm not loaded, but this was back at uni where a) I didn't drink much anyway, and b) my housemates were buying the alcohol with the intent of getting me drunk for the first time. It was pretty much the exact opposite of how/what I choose to drink, which is little and good-tasting.

You're a better man than I, Sam

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Yeah, uh

I went to school for engineering

I became well acquainted with the concept of getting drunk. Strongbow was my gateway drink when I couldn't stand beer, but we wanted to get pitchers for cost efficiency.

Now I love beer and know entirely too much about it! I'd like to get more into craft cocktails once I've got the finances to support it.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options

Ah yes

Everyone else'd be on Carling at £1 a pint, I'd be on Budweiser at the princely £1.50 because it just tasted better. Or if we went to Ride (the best bar in Plymouth, sadly no longer there), I'd drop a princely £5 on Hoegaarden because I wanted to drink something nice.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »
    Yeah, uh

I went to school for engineering

I became well acquainted with the concept of getting drunk. Strongbow was my gateway drink when I couldn't stand beer, but we wanted to get pitchers for cost efficiency.

Now I love beer and know entirely too much about it! I'd like to get more into craft cocktails once I've got the finances to support it.

See, we usually skipped beer and went straight for the pitchers of vodka-mixes from the one bar that burned the shit out of everything.

Incidentally, I no longer drink vodka.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Ah yes

Everyone else'd be on Carling at £1 a pint, I'd be on Budweiser at the princely £1.50 because it just tasted better. Or if we went to Ride (the best bar in Plymouth, sadly no longer there), I'd drop a princely £5 on Hoegaarden because I wanted to drink something nice.

Wait a minute. Wait. A. Minute.

What the hell were your classmates drinking that Budweiser tasted better?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited April 2016

Ah yes

Ah now my mate says Hoegaarden is very nice

I can't drink beer these days sadly because as a teenager I was very, very ill due to beer and it means that even just the smell makes me feel ill

You're a man of discerning taste though I can tell. Having a bit of class is no cause for shame.

Personally I'd buy loads of any cocktail that's on offer before I had any cash. There was a bar at my uni where you could get two White Russians for a fiver and I would regularly get four at a time. The Barman once laughed at a very tipsy me trying to get them all back to the table at once and said "bit much for you there?" to which I graciously responded "YOU'RE NOT MY DAD"

Fortunately he thought it was hilarious and helped me get them over there. Legend.

Solar on
This discussion has been closed.