As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
We're funding a new Acquisitions Incorporated series on Kickstarter right now! Check it out at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pennyarcade/acquisitions-incorporated-the-series-2

Fighting Games ... Combo Breaker May 27-29th!

19495969798100»

Posts

  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Zangief needs a zone closer like a dive kick

    Give Zangief Hooligan, except he can either SPD or HK off it.

  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Well. That's one way to go about it.

    But trust me...when I was a teen. So many titties.

  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I can't believe they are blocking my sponsorship like that!

    Really? You get sponsored by YouPorn and you didn't think this may be an issue at some point? Really???

    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Meh I think blocking a sponsor cause porn is whatever.

    Especially when its just a shirt with "YP" on it.

    But whatever.

    EuphemonBroloDyvim TvarKwoaru
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Yeah it'd be one thing if YP was blatantly advertising porn but Team YP have gone to extraordinary lengths to separate the brands. Plus, the game itself is HORNY AS HELL. Not to mention, there are A LOT of other players who are sponsored by e-cig companies that would be affected by this. Yipes, for example. Not to mention, the rules also prohibit gambling on the premises and lmao, good luck trying to stop sidebetting/money matches. I understand where Capcom is coming from, but it just seems misguided and hypocritical in the extreme. I just think it's dumb

    And beyond just "oh it's their tour, they can do what they want", it's also them trying to regulate the grassroots tournaments that have been around for years. Ultradavid's been tweeting a lot about this, you should check out his twitter.

    iG3kv1d.png
    templewulfBroloImperatorXXVDyvim Tvar
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Anything that removes potential sponsor opportunities for esport dudes does absolutely nothing but make it harder to try to be an esport dude. It's fucking hard enough, let them be sponsored by Schlitz and Marlboro and shit.

  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    We like to keep it family friendly here on the CPT

    Now, here's some vulva

    qsECICp.jpg

    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Pointy vulva.

    Or radioactive. Don't know what's going on there.

    XBL - ArchSilversmith

    "We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    the banning of alcohol sponsors seems exceptionally petty given that basically every motorsport on earth accepts liquor endorsements, and attract way way more children to their events

    Jasconius on
    PA Fighting Game Discord: https://discord.gg/7atCDv7nmn
    BroloRoyallyFlushed
  • Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Capcom has since clarified that all competitors are welcome its just that not all sponsors will br displayed next to tags.

    Still stupid, but whatever.

    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

    Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • ImperatorXXVImperatorXXV Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Displaying the sponsor next to the tag is a major reason why a sponsor would give their name and expenses to a player in the first place, no?

    Doesn't seem like an equitable compromise. Hope this is amended more.

    ImperatorXXV on
    r7r7a0.gif
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    capcom you want bud light to be pumping money into the pro tour

    you certainly don't have the money to do it yourselves

    RoyallyFlushedDyvim TvarDouglasDangerButtersKwoaru
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    capcom you want bud light to be pumping money into the pro tour

    you certainly don't have the money to do it yourselves

    nah man I'm sure Zenny is making them plenty of cash...

    I'll stop shitting on Capcom every post, but, damn

    Dig up, stupid

    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
    TheStigDyvim Tvar
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    did they ever explain what exactly the problem was with the zenny store

    mxcyxf26lgaj.jpg
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    did they ever explain

    no

    RoyallyFlushedKwoaru
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    did they ever explain what exactly the problem was with the zenny store
    it just wasn't completed, it seems

  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    @Paladin , guess where I've been!

    5mh0or5gwhj5.jpg

    Paradise Arcade has a delightful button wall.

    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
    DaebunzBaroque And RollSokpuppet
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    That looks amazing. One of these days I hope to gut my original not-quite-functional TE and make a new stick out of it.

    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    templewulf
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    That looks amazing. One of these days I hope to gut my original not-quite-functional TE and make a new stick out of it.

    Go for it!

    It's easier than most people think. The Paradise people are here in Minnesota, so I was able to drop by and ask about my project. They recommended a few things - like pre-measured wires with quick disconnects - that make it no harder than assembling IKEA furniture.

    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    did they ever explain what exactly the problem was with the zenny store

    "Our two employees have been too busy falling behind schedule on DLC characters to actually allow you to purchase them"

    Dyvim Tvar
  • jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Didn't capcom outsource the entire network and online back-end to some mobile games company? I'm not surprised the whole thing is a shitshow.

    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Even without the schedule failures and slips Capcom haven't produced anywhere near the level of content to justify the ingame currency systems and shop. They should have all kinds of costumes and colours and alternate UI skins and announcer packs and fight card customization options in there, when they were talking about the zenny/fightmoney systems before launch I was expecting something like league or dota. Not having arcade or story mode (at launch) I can see being decisions based on investment and return but the store and it's lack of content just seems like incompetence; they're squandering a clear revenue scheme that would have likely made up for the underwhelming sales.

  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    templewulf wrote: »
    @Paladin , guess where I've been!

    5mh0or5gwhj5.jpg

    Paradise Arcade has a delightful button wall.

    Oh nice hitbox plexi

    Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Euphemon wrote: »
    Yeah it'd be one thing if YP was blatantly advertising porn but Team YP have gone to extraordinary lengths to separate the brands. Plus, the game itself is HORNY AS HELL. Not to mention, there are A LOT of other players who are sponsored by e-cig companies that would be affected by this. Yipes, for example. Not to mention, the rules also prohibit gambling on the premises and lmao, good luck trying to stop sidebetting/money matches. I understand where Capcom is coming from, but it just seems misguided and hypocritical in the extreme. I just think it's dumb

    And beyond just "oh it's their tour, they can do what they want", it's also them trying to regulate the grassroots tournaments that have been around for years. Ultradavid's been tweeting a lot about this, you should check out his twitter.

    I agree with criticizing Capcom's hypocrisy with regard to its female character designs but the idea that YouPorn is separating it's product from its e-sports team is nonsense. Team sponsorship is entirely about advertising your brand. Even a local economy paint supply company sponsoring your beer league softball team is looking to advertise its product.

    I don't have a problem with Capcom blocking a porn company as a sponsor in principle because they are trying to grow the CPT and they very understandably see YP has a lighting rod for bad publicity. I just also wish their female characters were depicted with more appropriate attire.

    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Butters wrote: »
    Euphemon wrote: »
    Yeah it'd be one thing if YP was blatantly advertising porn but Team YP have gone to extraordinary lengths to separate the brands. Plus, the game itself is HORNY AS HELL. Not to mention, there are A LOT of other players who are sponsored by e-cig companies that would be affected by this. Yipes, for example. Not to mention, the rules also prohibit gambling on the premises and lmao, good luck trying to stop sidebetting/money matches. I understand where Capcom is coming from, but it just seems misguided and hypocritical in the extreme. I just think it's dumb

    And beyond just "oh it's their tour, they can do what they want", it's also them trying to regulate the grassroots tournaments that have been around for years. Ultradavid's been tweeting a lot about this, you should check out his twitter.

    I agree with criticizing Capcom's hypocrisy with regard to its female character designs but the idea that YouPorn is separating it's product from its e-sports team is nonsense. Team sponsorship is entirely about advertising your brand. Even a local economy paint supply company sponsoring your beer league softball team is looking to advertise its product.

    I don't have a problem with Capcom blocking a porn company as a sponsor in principle because they are trying to grow the CPT and they very understandably see YP has a lighting rod for bad publicity. I just also wish their female characters were depicted with more appropriate attire.

    Look at their website: http://www.teamyp.com/ How many references to YouPorn, or even ANY porn/questionable content are there? Having quickly looked through it, I am willing to bet it is literally 0. Even in their "about us" page, they don't reference it at all. What I'm saying is that they have very carefully separated their sponsorships from the website itself so that you wouldn't know EVEN IF you deliberately sought it out on any of their official messaging. You would only know through word of mouth. And hey, I absolutely don't doubt that they have effectively used their team to market their website, but they have sanitized the team itself squeaky clean. If team YP was obvious about its sponsorship, then I would be on your side. Fighting games should be safe for all ages (even if the idea of teens not being able to find porn on the internet is hilarious). But, if even the stain of just association is enough for banning, then, well, I understand your position but I don't share it.

    Not to mention, tbh when it comes to bad publicity, Capcom is the biggest lightning rod.

    I'm also surprised at how much outrage there is over YP being banned but not, say, SteamCo which sponsors Sanford Kelly and Yipes. Not just in this forum, but pretty much everywhere.

    Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Paradise Arcade is my favorite button purveyor

    You can get 30mm sanwa plungers attached to Cherry MX keyboard switches

    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Unless someone told you what it is, no one would think Team YP was any different of an organization than EG or C9 or any of that shit


    Anyone saying 'but kids might see filipinoman on a stream and then watch porn' is an idiot, and that's the only argument I'm seeing against YP

This discussion has been closed.