As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Winter Rift is Coming

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Jhin+Leona is *such* a nice botlane.

This normals game was 4v5 until lvl 8 or so with our mid afk, and then 4v5 at the end when he dc'ed again and it did not matter at all.

This ranked game was one of the hardest stomps I have had the pleasure of stomping.

Note that the constant in both is that I am playing with a known quantity as support. Maybe it wouldn't work with a low-quality support. But Edward and Skippy are both extremely good in lane/willing to make map plays/good at peeling as well as engaging.

I'm also so cautious about picking Jhin, like never choosing him ranked when I feel like I don't have a frontline or when I haven't seen their team/they might have a bunch of dive. This is probably correct...but I feel like I'm on a roll with him and would like to pick him a bit more boldly.

Huh. Match history doesn't show summoner names anymore. Weird.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    looks like there was a stealth Taliyah buff to her Q cost and duration.

Looks like it knocked 10 mana off it at every rank, and Worked Ground is down to 140 seconds instead of 180.

The latter is very welcome, since it felt like they stuck around for ages.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Jhin+Leona is *such* a nice botlane.

This normals game was 4v5 until lvl 8 or so with our mid afk, and then 4v5 at the end when he dc'ed again and it did not matter at all.

This ranked game was one of the hardest stomps I have had the pleasure of stomping.

Note that the constant in both is that I am playing with a known quantity as support. Maybe it wouldn't work with a low-quality support. But Edward and Skippy are both extremely good in lane/willing to make map plays/good at peeling as well as engaging.

I'm also so cautious about picking Jhin, like never choosing him ranked when I feel like I don't have a frontline or when I haven't seen their team/they might have a bunch of dive. This is probably correct...but I feel like I'm on a roll with him and would like to pick him a bit more boldly.

Huh. Match history doesn't show summoner names anymore. Weird.

The normal game no, the ranked game yes for some reason. Maybe it recognizes I am friends with credeiki in the client?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Ranked history always has names because all ranked match history is public; you can look up anybody's. Normals won't show names for other people's games, but you can see names in your own games' match histories (including normal).

That was an apostrophe challenge.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Oh my god, is there something that causes people who are playing Riven that makes them think their limiter's been shut off and they are god-kings that must engage whenever possible no matter their current HP or team status?

Under 10% HP and there's three enemies closing in? GOTTA GO HAM.

In Caitlyn ult range and has a clean exit to stay out of it? GOTTA GO HAM.

no riven. stahp. nooooo. you don't have to go back in, we're coming and can help don't try to solo brand/zyra/caitlyn/udyr/naut yourself

I was sitting at 99 LP too. -_-

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Oh my god, is there something that causes people who are playing Riven that makes them think their limiter's been shut off and they are god-kings that must engage whenever possible no matter their current HP or team status?

Under 10% HP and there's three enemies closing in? GOTTA GO HAM.

In Caitlyn ult range and has a clean exit to stay out of it? GOTTA GO HAM.

no riven. stahp. nooooo. you don't have to go back in, we're coming and can help don't try to solo brand/zyra/caitlyn/udyr/naut yourself

I was sitting at 99 LP too. -_-

Yeah @LoserForHireX and I had a similar problem yesterday in this game.
    We were *winning*. We were stronger than them. And because of this, Fizz and Xin Zhao each felt empowered to 1v5 the enemy team, attempting to pull off assassination missions by solo-diving the Galio+Veigar+Taric, over and over and over again until we lost. It was like some vital switch had turned off and they just couldn't process that there were other gameplay options other than SOLO HAM INTO FULL TEAM WITH ULTS UP AT ANY OPPORTUNITY.
    It was very perplexing and we couldn't really do anything about it cause they tended to surprise engage way ahead from the rest of the team, or just split and find an opportunity to die 1v3. And of course then Shaco would invis and pick off me or Zyra who were a ways off from the unexpected and terrible fight.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    What we needed to do there is either
    1. ward extensively and then look for picks either 1v1 or at a numbers advantage (instead of say, Fizz or XZ splitting and then dying 1v2 and not accomplishing anything)
    2. defend at turrets/contest objectives and then fight when they get bored and engage, because both teams had much better counterengage than engage. Carefully bait out ult/stun cage rather than jumping into it.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I used to enjoy being sick so I could stay home and play video games whilst recovering. Unfortunately League isn't really a game you can play well when sick, as I come to find out.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    The trick to "JUST GO HAM ALWAYS" teams is to just play Morg, apparently

Khavall on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Don't go ham. Play Sion. Be the ham.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I used to enjoy being sick so I could stay home and play video games whilst recovering. Unfortunately League isn't really a game you can play well when sick, as I come to find out.

Yeah, when ill best to either play arams or bots or a not-league game. Playing LoL while mentally slow/tired/ill can feel kinda bad.

• Options
    Khavall wrote: »
    The trick to "JUST GO HAM ALWAYS" teams is to just play Morg, apparently

If only you could Morg Q your Fizz who is running forward to ill-advisedly 1v5....

Or just soul shackle your entire team so they stay grouped instead of wandering off into the jungle and dying.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    If going hard in the paint is wrong...

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    If going hard in the paint is wrong...
    Now I want a Space Jam sequel, but it's up to QTPie and Warner Brothers to save the world.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Rylai's is so stupidly good on New Vlad, holy shit. His new E's radius is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge and everyone gets slowed. Rylais + Tank Vlad and no one's getting away from your team.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    2 losses today, both with one person who decided to be a colossal dick about the game, and spend the whole time yelling at the team.

Weird how as soon as someone decides to be a douche, it throws the whole thing.

EDIT: Luckily, then I am GOD OF SUPPORT. TAKE THAT, MORDE WHO TRIED SO HARD TO LOSE.

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Woo, made it through a series to make it into s2, finally got a S on Sona so I got a chest, AND got my first Mastery 6 token in the same game.

That was intense.

EDIT: Of course, it has a Riven skin shard in it.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Hahaha, they couldn't let you off too easy!

My wife was frustrated by the impossibility of an S on Janna, but her first 3 games with Taric have all been S ranks. She just had to embrace the one true support.

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »

Well done. So that's how you carry from the support spot.

Brings back memories of S2 & 3 when Blitz would somehow get through bans.

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2198075498/34741799?tab=overview

:rotate:

some teams can't be carried. they couldn't stop chasing Garen. No matter how much I begged. They chased right into vayne. Over and over again. We were up 5K at one point.

I suppose it was also not good that I had most of the gold and i'm awful at this game.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    This game is so mysterious. Won midlane as Lux, did second most damage in game, lost game; got shat on as Zyra, 0-4 in lane, 0-8 at the end, got hard-carried, won. I have yet to win a game where I played mid. I don't know what happened to my resolution to dodge mid games.

I guess the past three times I've played I've gained a net total of 3 LP per session. So...not the worst? But like, what is even happening...

• Options
    Oh, hey, more Taliyah buffs on the PBE. Her Q's going to do +50% more damage to minions, and her base health is going up by 20.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, she was obviously underpowered, though I maintain that Riot's whole list of recommendations to build for nuking is partly to blame for her performance. She cannot build raw damage and get anywhere.

Also, her W may be a little too hard to use right now (in part, having to put in the second input so quickly is not conducive to getting it right, unlike other directional things like Gnar (no windup and huge) or Rumble (huge, long range).

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Zenon is gonna make you max Q if he has to gut everything else in her kit to do it.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Then he's looking at the wrong thing entirely. It's not like it's BAD, but... eh, it's not great either - she can't move quick enough during it to keep the stream on her target (compare to Lucian ult). So many champions (read: anyone melee) can just walk right out of it - if the starting speed boost for worked earth was higher it would help that a bit.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Yeah when I laned against a Taliyah her Q was scary the first time, then every other time I just walked out of it.

I spent all that effort trying to think of a non-Vi/preferably AP jungler I'd like as my backup pick, and was pointedly ignoring Nidalee. She was the first champion I bought and has always been a favorite but a long time ago I decided I wouldn't play her against people because she's mechanically complex and I'm low elo. I thought about playing her a few times recently but attempts to do the no-leash W clears in a custom resulted in death like 75% of the time so I figured that was that. I finally said to hell with it and played a couple games and damn is she fun. I feel like I'm doing something wrong picking her as a nooblet, but she's so strong that even if I'm playing her at 60% capacity or whatever she's still a speed-clearing murder machine. Maybe I was nonetheless right and should be sticking to easier champions, but it's not like it's Lee Sin... right?

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    I would argue that Cat Lee is more complex than Blind Lee.

But if you're having fun with her and being reasonably successful, that's really the important part.

Other random AP suggestions: Elise is good again. Diana and Fiddlesticks are solid. I'd suggest Ekko but he's mostly banned.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Just fought a Warwick in a game who was clearly 100% abusing a bug/exploit/hack/something. He was ulting twice, on different targets, right after another, within 5 seconds of each other, multiple times throughout the match.

Someone peoples' kids were never taught to not be cheating bastards I guess.

• Options
    just had one of the most evenly matched league games i've played in a long time end because of a DC.

both nexuses were open. We just grabbed baron and were marching into the enemy base when our pantheon just. . .suddenly stopped right in front of the enemy team.

and disconnected after a 45 minute amazing back and forth where each nexus got brought down to no more than 1/4th health to have a hero one the team solo the enemy team. It was. . .a fun game with a tragic ending.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I've been playing Maokai because I'm a horrible human being that derives fun from making sure five other people are absolutely miserable. It's the best feeling.

I haven't even played him in months but he's so brainless that even if I can't manage to farm in lane at all I'm still largely impactful on the game.

butts
  • Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    I've been playing Maokai because I'm a horrible human being that derives fun from making sure five other people are absolutely miserable. It's the best feeling.

I haven't even played him in months but he's so brainless that even if I can't manage to farm in lane at all I'm still largely impactful on the game.

If you play him support you can ruin at least two people's fun at the same time

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Less gold supporting. Harder to ruin everyone's game.

butts
  • Options
    You can make it up by farming champions.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular

He and Naut are two of my favorite champions right now. Ruin all the fun.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    What do you need to do to get a "Permanent" or Blue Essence so I can show people I play a lot of skill-less champions like Garen?

No deaths, snowballing, hyper-carry lvl18 for ages and 2x 2nd highest farm when the highest level opponent is 14 scrublord Garen.

• Options
    Blue essence comes from breaking down Champion Shards (not skin shards, but champ shards). They're talking about letting you buy random champ shards with IP so it's easier to get your 6/7 stuff, since whether you get a skin/ward skin/champ shard from a hextech chest is random.

• Options
    Penumbra wrote: »

He and Naut are two of my favorite champions right now. Ruin all the fun.

Nautilus doesn't ruin fun; he creates fun! Q makes fun skirmishes.

Disengage champions ruin fun cause you don't get to fight. But Nautilus is not really that.

• Options
    So i'm trying to play a bit of kindred. Having decent success in normals. Terrified to go into ranked.

What is the earleist that she can solo dragon? Is there any other jungler out there (rip fiddlesticks) that can solo dragon super early?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So i'm trying to play a bit of kindred. Having decent success in normals. Terrified to go into ranked.

What is the earleist that she can solo dragon? Is there any other jungler out there (rip fiddlesticks) that can solo dragon super early?

I sort of understand why you want to solo dragon, but also can't you ask your lane or at least the support to help? In gold 5 isn't the river going to be warded much of the time and thus their botlane is going to come contest anyway? When I'm support I have pretty solid uptime on river wards and I am a bad. My fellow bads often do so as well.