As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Winter Rift is Coming

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Hey we were talking before about high elo women streamers. Saw this one mentioned on reddit the other day while discussing the same thing. She's challenger on EUNE, a Latvian who speaks very good english. From the small amount I've checked out the stream, she has a very nice personality. Plays mid/top/support and uses voice but no facecam.

Awesome! Folllowed. I also saw a female support in a challenger game in flex queue yesterday; she was d2 but queued with some challenger bros and they carried game together depite some super trolly teammates. Her twitch name is jennaabear and she was playing Karma; idk what she plays usually or if she's trying to climb to challenger or anything.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    New champion has been revealed: Camille the steel shadow.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/champion-reveal-camille-steel-shadow

She seems like Ekko but is thematically/aesthetically cooler to me....maybe I'll save up IP and pick her up! I love the geometric particles of all her abilities.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    They took every lesson they learned from Ekko and forgot it.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    From the sounds of things Ekko has more utility and had high base numbers too. We have no idea how high her numbers are or how easy it is to land or spammable she is.

Jookie on
    butts
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    She has a shield that gains in strength based on her max HP, an AOE stun on a normal ability and a teamfight winning ult...

Who wants to play "Guess the next assassin that's going to be built as a tank"?

She's meant to be an anti-assassin Fighter, one of the Riot guys mentioned in after her teaser was shown. Depending on her numbers though, we'll see though.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Totally missed that she's got the Fighter tag. Her design just screams "assassin" to me.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Honestly I read her kit as a fighter kit.

Limited burst since she only has 2, maybe 3 damaging abilities. Passive shield for diving that scales on max HP. Ult is also for diving/engage and not for get in -> kill -> get out assassin type play. Several AA modifiers that imply she will need to stay in the fight for a while to maximum damage off.

I play a lot of Irelia and she seems similar, so I'm excited.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Hey we were talking before about high elo women streamers. Saw this one mentioned on reddit the other day while discussing the same thing. She's challenger on EUNE, a Latvian who speaks very good english. From the small amount I've checked out the stream, she has a very nice personality. Plays mid/top/support and uses voice but no facecam.

Awesome! Folllowed. I also saw a female support in a challenger game in flex queue yesterday; she was d2 but queued with some challenger bros and they carried game together depite some super trolly teammates. Her twitch name is jennaabear and she was playing Karma; idk what she plays usually or if she's trying to climb to challenger or anything.

She also did a very recent AMA

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/5dv7ho/ama_challenger_renchaa/

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    GRAPPLING HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    She needs a Lieutenant Dan skin

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Camille reminds me of Irelia in that her kit is Fighter but it has some things you might think of as assassin-like, like her pseudo old Poppy ult.

I think she's going to be a Fighter who will need to build hybrid dmg tank, just like it should be, but that's assuming her numbers are tuned right.

You can feel it in her design they thought "we'll rework assassins, and then when they're getting played we'll put out the anti-assassin fighter!"

But they didn't realize everybody would nope out of assassins into new tank meta to preemptively counter assassins before it ever started, lol. So now she'll be the anti ADC fighter if she can lane well.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    Camille reminds me of Irelia in that her kit is Fighter but it has some things you might think of as assassin-like, like her pseudo old Poppy ult.

I think she's going to be a Fighter who will need to build hybrid dmg tank, just like it should be, but that's assuming her numbers are tuned right.

You can feel it in her design they thought "we'll rework assassins, and then when they're getting played we'll put out the anti-assassin fighter!"

But they didn't realize everybody would nope out of assassins into new tank meta to preemptively counter assassins before it ever started, lol. So now she'll be the anti ADC fighter if she can lane well.

Rioter has stated on reddit that her optimal build right now is Triforce + 1 damage, into tank.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Man, I guess this is the season where I stop jungling. Been playing around with bot/mid/jungle in different combinations, and I've just found even when I'm winning, I'm not having as much fun in this new jungle. And it's not even that I think there's anything wrong with it. I guess my preferred playstyle has changed to where it's just not satisfying to jungle.

Going bot/mid so I get bot 95% of the games seems to be the right way to go, as I'm having tons of fun playing Vayne/Twitch/Jhin and continuing to improve my ADC mechanics and play.

• Options
    People didn't pick tanks to counter the meta, they didn't make assassins oppressive while simultaneously making tanks stupidly powerful with a new mastery and some items that help alongside.

butts
  • Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Rioter has stated on reddit that her optimal build right now is Triforce + 1 damage, into tank.

Does titantic hydra count as damage or tank?

I like her design and aestic, even though I will never possess the necessary skill to play her.

• Options
    I like her design and aesthetic, even though I will never possess the necessary skill to play her.

This is the story of me and Fiora, and Riven, and Yasuo, and Kled, and even Irelia, and so on, and on, and on...

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    People didn't pick tanks to counter the meta, they didn't make assassins oppressive while simultaneously making tanks stupidly powerful with a new mastery and some items that help alongside.

Yeah Reddit keeps going on about how we're in an assassin meta but it's like...they were reworked and are popular but I don't think it counts as an assassin meta when most of are slightly weak and none of them are OP (maybe new Rengar? that's about it).

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Camilla's Hookshot range is KER-AZY.

That's going to get nerfed somehow. Super mobile and long-ranged gap closer.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Welp, Colossus is getting a percentage and cooldown nerf. Of course this was too good to last. I sort of regret I didn't abuse it really, but I hate getting used to nerfed versions of things that used to be strong.

• Options

Yeah Reddit keeps going on about how we're in an assassin meta but it's like...they were reworked and are popular but I don't think it counts as an assassin meta when most of are slightly weak and none of them are OP (maybe new Rengar? that's about it).
    Rengar I hear is really strong but I've never seen him just take over a game. I also hear he has a tank build that's making him strong so no clue can't say. Fizz and Kha'zix I think are busted though personally.

butts
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    decided to play a support game. picked up thresh. figured i'd see what happens

ended up getting our ADC a pentakill

feels good, man.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Welp, Colossus is getting a percentage and cooldown nerf. Of course this was too good to last. I sort of regret I didn't abuse it really, but I hate getting used to nerfed versions of things that used to be strong.

Guess who just drew a proxy Singed using that?

Because he's hard enough to shut down without it, now he gets that shield on Fling.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Man, I guess this is the season where I stop jungling. Been playing around with bot/mid/jungle in different combinations, and I've just found even when I'm winning, I'm not having as much fun in this new jungle. And it's not even that I think there's anything wrong with it. I guess my preferred playstyle has changed to where it's just not satisfying to jungle.

Going bot/mid so I get bot 95% of the games seems to be the right way to go, as I'm having tons of fun playing Vayne/Twitch/Jhin and continuing to improve my ADC mechanics and play.
    I, on the flipside, am going to try and jungle Camille whenever I scrounge up enough IP for her. Probably because I hate myself but hey on release jungle Irelia kind of worked so who the hell knows.

I gave up on botlane though and now queue Jungle/Mid like I was back in S2 so hopefully I'll get better success there.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Man, whenever I'm tilted, I need to just jungle Taric again. Few things make me as happy.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Oh man, Camille's launch skin will be a Program one, too.

And new Snowdown skins are coming...

SANTA BRAUM.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDOofIgFTWw

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Sometimes, even against all indications otherwise, a good match can be had

Late night normals with @Frosteey

First words from a teammate after we loaded in, in all chat
    Braum: "first time playing daddy"
    Braum: "i mean braum"
    Braum: "can't wait for santa daddy braum skin"

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2353537557/32825595?tab=overview

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016

It's both. Tanks are the natural counter to assassins, and assassins just got a rework. That courage of the colossus is too powerful right now just made it happen even faster than it would have.

Top 5 mid lane play rates: Orianna, Katarina, Viktor, Zed, Ahri. If you go top 10 you get Leblanc and Fizz too.

After Lee Sin who will never not be the top played jungler, you have Kha'zix and Rengar.

It's not an OMG assassins OP meta right now, but assassins have definitely become part of the meta again.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Spectrum wrote: »

I, on the flipside, am going to try and jungle Camille whenever I scrounge up enough IP for her. Probably because I hate myself but hey on release jungle Irelia kind of worked so who the hell knows.

I gave up on botlane though and now queue Jungle/Mid like I was back in S2 so hopefully I'll get better success there.

I'm excited for Camille, but probably won't end up playing her more than just a few games to goof. It's funny how it goes. Couple seasons ago when I got myself to gold the first time it was all playing jungle. But then last season(well season 5, I didn't play in s6) I ended up moving to playing ADC main and now I just really enjoy it.

I just realized though, that I could go bot/jungle and when I get jungle just play Graves and Kindred and get my ADC fix anyway. Hmm.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Finally got my first penta outside of ARAM, in a ranked game as Jhin, in a decisive team fight to win a hard fought close game.

And my print screen only produced a black screen when I pasted into paint after the game. :(

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I pulled my first double kill last night as Vel'koz, which would have been a triple if my Jhin hadn't sniped the last dude before my W exploded a second time. Went 10-0!

Tonight I'm hoping to try an ADC Thresh game

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Finally got my first penta outside of ARAM, in a ranked game as Jhin, in a decisive team fight to win a hard fought close game.

And my print screen only produced a black screen when I pasted into paint after the game. :(

Yeah, it doesn't work right. Use the ingame screenshot binding (default F12)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »

@facetious Here ya go bud, replay.gg had you covered (spoilered for size)
    g0NYWP2.jpg

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    I just realized though, that I could go bot/jungle and when I get jungle just play Graves and Kindred and get my ADC fix anyway. Hmm.

Quinn was also a good jungle ADC, though I admittedly haven't tried her in the new one.

Put me on board the "gonna jungle Camille even though it's likely a terrible idea" train!

Also, hey, Ivern is good now. Definitely requires the rest of your team being able to do damage in fights, though--so not so good with the people I play with regularly.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Even though I don't like his stream, and watching him dumpster PBE players doesn't mean anything, I did see Nightblue playing Camille jungle on PBE, and he thinks she's a jungler more than a top laner. Her E gives her insane mobility. They seem to realize they want to keep her clear speed from being too insane so her AOE cone attack does lower damage to minions, but I don't think that's going to matter.

Her dmg so far doesn't seem particularly high, but as a fighter using a titanic hydra tanky dmgish build she will still kill ADCs before they can escape her ult.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    Rango passive bonus AD going down to 20% from 30%.

Fervor going back to 8 stacks from 10, 8 damage from 6 per stack. I still think abilities not proccing it needs to be reversed.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Thanks, @Red Raevyn!

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Even though I don't like his stream, and watching him dumpster PBE players doesn't mean anything, I did see Nightblue playing Camille jungle on PBE, and he thinks she's a jungler more than a top laner. Her E gives her insane mobility. They seem to realize they want to keep her clear speed from being too insane so her AOE cone attack does lower damage to minions, but I don't think that's going to matter.

Her dmg so far doesn't seem particularly high, but as a fighter using a titanic hydra tanky dmgish build she will still kill ADCs before they can escape her ult.

Nightblue used to be one of my favorite streamers and then earlier this year he went on some dumb multiple hour long rant. He swore up and down that his job is both tougher and more important than being a teacher and he deserved getting paid more than them. His justification was telling stories about bad teachers. I don't know if it was largely an act for the twitch audience or how much of it he believed. But I haven't tuned into his channel since.

I will say, I'm glad to see the return of Vi. She's been one of my favorite champions and was sad to see her fall off in recent metas.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular

Nightblue used to be one of my favorite streamers and then earlier this year he went on some dumb multiple hour long rant. He swore up and down that his job is both tougher and more important than being a teacher and he deserved getting paid more than them. His justification was telling stories about bad teachers. I don't know if it was largely an act for the twitch audience or how much of it he believed. But I haven't tuned into his channel since.

I will say, I'm glad to see the return of Vi. She's been one of my favorite champions and was sad to see her fall off in recent metas.

I want top lane Vi to be a thing. Because I love Vi, but hate jungling.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Getting camped 1v3 without your JG doing anything at all to help, when you were up 2x CS is miserable.

Never showed up to lane once. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    People at work have badgered into installing this.
    I've played precisely two games of a moba before in my life and they were very unsuccessful dota 2 matches. Pray for Dyvim!

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.