Options

[MOVIE] Who Ya Got?

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Superlarlarbatman
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Also I love The Iron Giant but I don't know if I love it enough to drop $75 on a bunch of tchotchkes that I'm never going to do anything with. Where's the normal one?

I'm still waiting for them to do one where something like this is the case, the day they do they will be able to charge me basically whatever they want.
    Bolt_Product_Zoom_Main_1024x1024_RVSD_5628eba7-55a3-4af2-a82e-5718d0899038_large.jpg?v=1415740712

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    Zack Snyder intends to expand 300 to all of history including roman history! !

Why would he be using Roman numerals though?

Why would he start trying to be historically accurate now?

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    because he's making a movie about the assassination of julius caesar

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Mansuper
    I feel like a fun movie could be made about Caesar's time spent as a pirate hostage.

I do not believe Zack Snyder would/could make that movie.

Lost Canuck on
    QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Also I love The Iron Giant but I don't know if I love it enough to drop $75 on a bunch of tchotchkes that I'm never going to do anything with. Where's the normal one?

I'm still waiting for them to do one where something like this is the case, the day they do they will be able to charge me basically whatever they want.
    Bolt_Product_Zoom_Main_1024x1024_RVSD_5628eba7-55a3-4af2-a82e-5718d0899038_large.jpg?v=1415740712

Is that a robot butt plug

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Jimmy Olsen
    When you're a robot, everything is a butt plug

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Eh, I dig his movies. I still have to see Sucker Punch. That looks interesting, at least. I don't imagine it will be great, but he stages interesting visuals for sure.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Superlarlarbatman

Leonidus didn't die fighting the Persians so that his descendants would be forced to use Arabic numerals.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Jimmy Olsen

Leonidus didn't die fighting the Persians so that his descendants would be forced to use Arabic numerals.

Well it looks like his son Pleistarchus didn't have any children

So his descendants never did

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Jimmy Olsen
    I watched turbo kid.

I enjoyed turbo kid

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    I think it's hard to dislike the BvS soundtrack at least.
    https://youtu.be/S176AKQhcCk

Spilled fury road into the wonder woman theme

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Superman
    I voted Superman because he can punch things really hard

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Jimmy Olsen
    because he's making a movie about the assassination of julius caesar

By the coward Robert Ford.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Manbat
    Sicario just arrived for me on netflix. And here i am with my brand new tv. I am really looking forward to this.

Although, having seen it twice already i should probably just pick the movie up for myself.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Gustav wrote: »
    i vote mechagodzilla

Which one. Cus there are a few where you are wrongzo.

mechagdozilla 2

like all other godzilla things, the heisei one is the best
    You know I don't agree with you a bunch but hesei all day every day

heisei is the best

i'm the best

do drugs, kids at home

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2016
    Superlarlarbatman

That's the most sinister looking buttplug I've ever seen

e: fuck, mori, come on

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Superlarlarbatman
    ya get ghosted robopervs

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Superlarlarbatman

That's the most sinister looking buttplug I've ever seen

e: fuck, mori, come on

Well, at least you came up from behind.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Ex Machina director Alex Garland's next movie, Annihilation, will star Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Gina Rodriguez, Tessa Thompson, and Oscar Isaac
    “The story centers around a biologist (Portman) who, in seeking answers to her husband’s tragic disappearance volunteers for a government expedition into an area sealed off as an environmental disaster zone. What she discovers, however, is pristine wilderness, and a mysterious dark force within it.”

It is an adaptation of the first novel of Jeff VanderMeer's Southern Ranch trilogy

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Superlarlarbatman
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    Speaking of Zack Snyder, apparently he wants to make more "historical" films in the manner of 300.

So yeah, we got that to look forward to

Someone really just needs to wrap Zack Snyder up in a blanket and put him out with the garbage to be taken away to the landfill.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Sure. I'm down for more Garland pictures. Cus Garland directed the hell out of Ex Machina.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Trying to think of examples of this:

Have you ever seen a trailer that you felt spoiled the entire movie, only for it to turn out that it hadn't?

I'm having trouble thinking of one, as all the trailers that I felt spoiled the movie either turned out to be accurate or I never actually ended up seeing the film in question so couldn't confirm.

Like I almost was going to try the Hercules movie from a year or two ago that starred the Rock, as I understand most of the trailer scenes from that are actually just in the first five minutes of the movie, but I don't really remember those trailers specifically feeling like they gave away the entire plot of the movie (though if it had then that would certainly be what we're looking for).

Not looking for trailers where they didn't tell you what the movie was about (ie. the original Matrix trailer, if I remember right) or movies where they mislead the audience and advertise the wrong tone (ie. Bicentennial Man as a pure comedy because it stars Robin Williams). Basically we're looking for examples where you saw a trailer that you felt gave away the entire movie, but it turned out you were wrong.

A friend is claiming that whenever a trailer feels like it is giving away the movie, it always is, and I feel like that can't be true but can't come up with a really good counterexample. Especially this late.

I also feel like there is an obvious one I'm missing, but it's not coming to mind.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Jimmy Olsen
    I have the same problem, there's a specific movie I have in mind, one where if you have seen the movie without seeing the trailer you're missing out.

Ah! Yes!

Gone Girl!

If you want to watch Gone Girl, you have to see the trailer first. No, the trailer does not give the film away.
    The trailer is integral to building up your expectation for what the movie is. But the movie is not the trailer and in fact relies on dismantling your expectations.
    edit- hmm, not really a 'giving the whole plot away' trailer though.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    What about raiders of the lost ark

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Superman
    I would nominate Identity and Stay as two movies who appeared to be about one thing but it really was about a different thing entirely.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Manbat

Someone slams a door somewhere in your building and you see it roll off the shelf and you become filled with hope.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ... wait, it's not a buttplug?

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    So there's been this new Chrome extension released that allows for people in separate locations to sync up their viewing experiences and adds group chat.

https://www.netflixparty.com/

Pretty much what it does what it says on the box.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Really if he wants to do historic wars do Alexander the Great as Reign: The Conqueror was well rather androgynous by Peter Chung
    Or do the Siege of Mafeking from the second Boer war which the lead up and fallout from both wars South Africa still deals with
    Or Battle of Cannae from Hannibal and the second Punic war
    Or you could go on and on with the wars and battles that Synder could go over the top with and still not be as silly as some of been shown on TV and movies

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Mansuper
    Mansuper is the hero we deserve

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Superlarlarbatman
    Fishman wrote: »
    So there's been this new Chrome extension released that allows for people in separate locations to sync up their viewing experiences and adds group chat.

This would have been a lot cooler before the DNS shutdowns.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Superlarlarbatman
    tynic wrote: »

Surely it's a little... sharp?

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »

This would have been a lot cooler before the DNS shutdowns.

Netflix Global can't come soon enough.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Surely it's a little... sharp?

Don't kink shame

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Superlarlarbatman
    Lars wrote: »
    Trying to think of examples of this:

Have you ever seen a trailer that you felt spoiled the entire movie, only for it to turn out that it hadn't?

I'm having trouble thinking of one, as all the trailers that I felt spoiled the movie either turned out to be accurate or I never actually ended up seeing the film in question so couldn't confirm.

Like I almost was going to try the Hercules movie from a year or two ago that starred the Rock, as I understand most of the trailer scenes from that are actually just in the first five minutes of the movie, but I don't really remember those trailers specifically feeling like they gave away the entire plot of the movie (though if it had then that would certainly be what we're looking for).

Not looking for trailers where they didn't tell you what the movie was about (ie. the original Matrix trailer, if I remember right) or movies where they mislead the audience and advertise the wrong tone (ie. Bicentennial Man as a pure comedy because it stars Robin Williams). Basically we're looking for examples where you saw a trailer that you felt gave away the entire movie, but it turned out you were wrong.

A friend is claiming that whenever a trailer feels like it is giving away the movie, it always is, and I feel like that can't be true but can't come up with a really good counterexample. Especially this late.

I also feel like there is an obvious one I'm missing, but it's not coming to mind.

Winter Soldier blindsided me pretty hard.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Manbat
    In case anyone forgot Dustin Hoffman is a shithead, an upcoming Meryl Streep biography details that while filming Kramer vs. Kramer he, unasked and without warning to Streep, slapped her across the face and goaded her with taunts about her deceased boyfriend who had then recently died of cancer in order to try and get her into character.

Hoffman says he was on a bunch of drugs during the filming of that but still, fuck off.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Batman
    oh man, my first time watching bram stokers dracula. Keanu I love you, god bless your awful awful british accent

Prohass on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Batman
    Woooooooo
    20160330_073121_zps0xypnttd.jpg

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Batman
    Are they gonna do an alien exoskeleton guy?

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Superlarlarbatman
    sarukun wrote: »
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    Speaking of Zack Snyder, apparently he wants to make more "historical" films in the manner of 300.

So yeah, we got that to look forward to

Someone really just needs to wrap Zack Snyder up in a blanket and put him out with the garbage to be taken away to the landfill.

igi877gtwdha.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.