Options

[MOVIE] Who Ya Got?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Jimmy Olsen
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Reminds me of George Clooney's prank on Cheadle regarding this project.
    George Clooney has revealed his obsession for sending cards and letters supposedly from his celebrity pals, all began in 2010 at John Krasinski's wedding. The reveal came in light of Matt Damon's discovery that the 'Ocean's Eleven' actor had been posting stationary with his name on to various people in and around Hollywood, yet apparently, Brad Pitt was the first person to fall victim to the practical joke.

While on Jimmy Kimmel's television show on Thursday, 6th February, the prankster - Clooney - revealed that Kimmel had been part of his first prank when they met at a mutual friend's wedding in Clooney's Italy villa. "You sent me a thank you gift card" said Clooney, "it actually said Brad Pitt on it, which set the wheels in motion... I've been sending letters to people as Brad Pitt for four years. Don Cheadle was trying to do the Miles Davis story and I sent him a letter from Brad, because Brad produces films, and I said, 'You know, I'm producing this Miles Davis/Charlie Parker thing and Jamie Foxx is gonna play Miles Davis, but you'd be great as Charlie Parker?'"

Clooney continued to reveal that: "Don wrote me, like, six months later and said, 'Did you do something dirty to me?'" He then went on to talk about how his most elaborate prank was a set of dialogue tapes sent to Meryl Streep - supposedly from Pitt. Chuckling, he announced: "I said, 'To Meryl, I hear you're gonna play The Iron Lady and this guy really helped me with my dialect in Troy'. I never told either of them I did that. Now they know."

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Manbat
    If you buy a Digital HD movie on Amazon (Star Wars) does it let you download the file or do you have to stream it?

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    Mansuper
    Re: Last Page's Discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUamHEvVQy0

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I finally managed to catch Zootopia.

That was a really good movie.

Once again, Alan Tudyk snuck into a role and I would have had no idea if I hadn't stayed for the credits.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Manbat
    ph blake wrote: »
    My Art Appreciation professor had us watch Midnight in Paris during class today and it wasn't an April Fool's joke.

Even worse, she showed it from an overhead projector that forced a 4:3 aspect ratio and gave the whole film this weird fisheye lens effect and left me with a headache.

For a second I thought you meant the Paris Hilton sex tape.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Superman
    Midnight in Paris is great

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Superlarlarbatman
    I think Midnight in Paris was the first woody allen film I'd seen, and it was alright.

The arc of the main character was kinda balls though. He just kinda wakes up and decides that he thinks that actually the future is alright. And the audience finds this out through a conversation where he says to another character "hey, so I just woke up and realised that actually the future is alright."

I might be misremembering.

Lalabox on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    if I realised I had a shot with Lea Seydoux I'd write off the 1920s pretty fast too

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I've only seen part of midnight in Paris but it did not entice me enough to stick around for the rest of it so

Zelig is a funny movie though

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Superlarlarbatman
    @THESPOOKY I believe you get a limited number of downloads and you can stream it as well

Edit: yeah, went into my Amazon video app on my phone and it gave a download option. I believe if you go to the website you'll get the full details

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Just a friendly suggestion that anyone who hasn't seen I Love You Phillip Morris should do so as it's streaming on Netflix. This is quite possibly Jim Carrey's greatest performance, including The Truman Show. Absolutely worth watching!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Seems like we have another Blade Runner 2 cast member

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Manbat
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Dave Bautista stars in Gundam Unicorn: The Movie

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

yeah

yeah, okay

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

yeah

yeah, okay

As long as he's stomping filthy Zeon traitors, I wouldn't care.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Jimmy Olsen
    Veldrin wrote: »

Once again, Alan Tudyk snuck into a role and I would have had no idea if I hadn't stayed for the credits.

I figured it was him when he said his character's name.

But yeah. Wouldn't have tagged him otherwise. Disney's really in another golden age, isn't it?

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

I figured it was him when he said his character's name.

But yeah. Wouldn't have tagged him otherwise. Disney's really in another golden age, isn't it?

And one that is better than the last one. The movies arn't just funny smart instant classic. They are very socially minded and attempting to improve the world.
    Zootopia's villain using a fear of a minority believed to be inherently uncivilized and the exchange "you think fear will work?" "Fear always works" was surprising cogent.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited April 2016

Also, regarding his character
    His name is Duke Weaselton (pronounced Weasel-ton) which Judy Hops mispronounces as Wessle-ton

You may remember this guy from Frozen,

latest?cb=20130731012348

the Duke of Weselton (pronounced Wessle-ton, mispronounced as Weasel-town), also voiced by Alam Tudyk

Joolander on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Mansuper
    I am watching The Final Girls, this is a really great horror comedy/genre exercise

This cast is fucking killer and I've never heard of any of them

Apparently one of the ladies has been on comedy bang bang a fair bit?

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Batman
    Time to watch Dead 7.

• Options
    I am watching The Final Girls, this is a really great horror comedy/genre exercise

Alia Shawkat is in that...you've never watched Arrested Development?

• Options
    Mansuper

Alia Shawkat is in that...you've never watched Arrested Development?

Oh I didn't realize that was Maebe, nice! She's playing a very very different character so it didn't occur to me

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular

Malin Akerman was Silk Spectre II in Watchmen and Taissa Farmiga was the daughter in S1 of American Horror Story. Malin is by far the biggest name of that cast, easily.

• Options
    Mansuper
    Yeah I recognized Malin Ackerman, she was the only one I knew though and a lot of the bit players were really good, the jock and dumb girl especially

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Batman
    This movie is exactly what I thought it was going to be.

• Options
    Batman
    I just saw Art Alexakis get scared away by Jon Secada playing a Sheriff.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Just watched Swordfish for the first time in probably fifteen years.

That was certainly a film made before 9/11.

I was also amused that all 5 of the top-billed cast have also played Marvel characters (Wolverine, Storm, War Machine, Juggernaut, and then John Travolta was the main villain of the second Punisher film though I think his character was made for the film instead of being based on a comic character).

My wife didn't remember Vinnie Jones as the Juggernaut, so I pointed out that he was Gareth in Galavant. Then we were surprised when King Richard from Galavant showed up for a single scene later in the movie.

As a side note, the computer stuff and hacking-related dialogue was far more believable in Hackers than in this film. And Hackers was a movie where an oil company used a needlessly complicated 3D file browser in a time before the N64.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Superlarlarbatman
    Watched Odd Thomas earlier, thought it was fun and funny, obviously didn't take itself too seriously. Looked it up on IMDB to find out that it's actually a book series? Makes sense, had a very Dresden feel to it.

Currently watching John Dies at the End and watching these two back to back makes me want rewatch Tucker and Dale vs. Evil.

Oh my God, it's a vampire bat cop mustache.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Jimmy Olsen
    Lars wrote: »

I was also amused that all 5 of the top-billed cast have also played Marvel characters (Wolverine, Storm, War Machine, Juggernaut, and then John Travolta was the main villain of the second Punisher film though I think his character was made for the film instead of being based on a comic character).

My wife didn't remember Vinnie Jones as the Juggernaut, so I pointed out that he was Gareth in Galavant. Then we were surprised when King Richard from Galavant showed up for a single scene later in the movie.

As a side note, the computer stuff and hacking-related dialogue was far more believable in Hackers than in this film. And Hackers was a movie where an oil company used a needlessly complicated 3D file browser in a time before the N64.

Ahh yes, Swordfish...

Staring Hugh Jackman as the world's most handsome hacker.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Superbat
    Bagel's Public Domain Movie of the Week:

Gamera vs. Viras (aka "Destroy All Planets" because every Robocop needs its "Android Cop"). In which a 90 minute movie devotes 20 minutes of runtime to reairing scenes from previous movies. Also there's an alien squid monster that's pretty shitty even for this franchise and a spaceship that I can only describe as a "bumblebee teething ring".

https://archive.org/details/Destroy_All_Planets#

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Manbat
    The one thing I know about Swordfish is that it apparently has Halle Berry topless.

I have never seen this movie, and was 10 when it came out. I am not sure why that information is in my brain.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I knew of that because Robot Chicken made a joke about it

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Superman
    I knew about that because a couple years after Swordfish came out, there were infomercials after 10 PM on cable for VHS/DVDs of famous actresses nude scenes and Halle Berry in Swordfish featured prominently

I've always remembered that because I thought it was a strange idea at the time and now, with the internet, well

I have to imagine the people who put that project together thought they were real clever for about six months

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Jimmy Olsen
    I was thinking about the second Mad Max film for a while, at what point is the you know set in stone?

Because the point that it is casts events before and after it in a certain light.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I just saw Zootopia with my wife and daughter

It was really good, Anya ate so much popcorn that the easiest way to clean her was to hold her up and shake all the errant popcorn bits loose!

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Superlarlarbatman
    Zonugal wrote: »

Ahh yes, Swordfish...

When I read this, I thought "I wonder if the male lead of Hackers could even compare." So, I looked it up and holy shit Zero Cool is Sherlock Holmes.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I was thinking about the second Mad Max film for a while, at what point is the you know set in stone?

Because the point that it is casts events before and after it in a certain light.

What... are you referring to

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    You know.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Jimmy Olsen
    Zonugal wrote: »

Ahh yes, Swordfish...

When I read this, I thought "I wonder if the male lead of Hackers could even compare." So, I looked it up and holy shit Zero Cool is Sherlock Holmes.

And he's really good in it!

This discussion has been closed.