As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Webcomics] Thread: Welcome back Gundi

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    WV9Dei5.jpg
    Pluggers only get “participation trophies” when all their friends are dead
    John Prine wrote:
    All of my friends are now dead or in jail

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    KilroyAbdhyiusVegemytecB557Andy JoeKarozCorporateLogoLord_AsmodeusAnialostynicHeadCreepsDuke 2.0ShadowenBucketman
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    Just post the comic if you're going to talk about it god damn it
    pjyzrF8.png

Yes she certainly isn't mostly mad at you for being a manipulative snob.

Why do people hate this guy, he isn't actually going to fail anyone. 1) thats not how universities work and 2) the assumed fear makes the thought experiment valid. This is a professor doing a pretty good job of challenging good/evil worldviews.

Now, maybe in SFP universe he will end up being some kind of supervillain, but so far he seems to be your average philosophy professor.

AstharielMaddocAbdhyiusCambiatacB557KarozMaydayArdolCantidedurandal4532MugginsSeriouslyNartwakPanda4YouGoldenSeducerShadowenSkeithSpeed RacerKwoaru
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    He could turn it into a failing midterm and lord it over the students all semester, extra assignments, backroom begging

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    He is not "challenging" a good/evil worldview, he's just masking the fact that he's manipulating the proceedings in an "evil" manner with stupid rhetoric tricks

.....Which would actually be a pretty decent way of doing things if he flips the script and calls out everyone but Allison, but i don't think that's how this is going to go

Nartwak
    He is not "challenging" a good/evil worldview, he's just masking the fact that he's manipulating the proceedings in an "evil" manner with stupid rhetoric tricks

.....Which would actually be a pretty decent way of doing things if he flips the script and calls out everyone but Allison, but i don't think that's how this is going to go

Allison is currently the only student deriving benefit from this course

Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
    EncGvzbgulAnialosNartwak-SPI-
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    2LVs382.jpg

me when reading SFP

Clint EastwoodPreacherCaptainNemoKanaStiltsdurandal4532Ebola ColaTommy2HandsLord_AsmodeusOrphane101TheySlashThemBDMFCaptain MarcusBucketman
    edited April 2016
    Enc wrote: »
    pjyzrF8.png

Why do people hate this guy,

because he says shit like "the fiendish, serpent head of selfishness, revealed"

Kilroy on
    GoatmonmasterofmetroidEvilCakeKanaStiltsTommy2HandsLord_AsmodeusDarkPrimusGvzbgulAnialosstatlerEtiowsaShadowenBucketman
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    2LVs382.jpg

me when reading SFP

then... don't?

BrainleechCambiatakaortiKarozAtari SoulIndie WinterWassermeloneTHESPOOKYdarunia106MugginsNartwakPanda4YouAshcroftShadowenSkeithKwoaru
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I will say that the idea that this is a badly written arc is rather suspect to me

It's entirely different from her last run-in with an uncooperative professor, which was colored by a personal tragedy that eliminated reason from the equation

So far she's reacting in the right way and as long as there's no "Wait a minute, he has a point" turn then this is useful characterization

Nartwak
    edited April 2016
    pjyzrF8.png

That's just him being really sarcastic, turning Allison's judgment of selfish people against her. He's a dick, he'd definitely get infracted

But people are gasping because Allison just put herself at the mercy of him sending her to the dean

Paladin on
    EncCreaganTommy2HandsPanda4You
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    2LVs382.jpg

me when reading SFP

then... don't?

it was a joke

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    2LVs382.jpg

me when reading SFP

msBJB8Z.png

cB557Andy JoeEvilCakeKarozMoth 13Indie WinterMetzger MeisterCaptainNemoBroloGoatmondjmitchellaKrieghundKanaMvrckBlueBlueGundidurandal4532Sir FabulousimdointhisTommy2HandsClint EastwoodLord_Asmodeusdarunia106SageinaRageSeriouslyBeastehAbsurdPropositionstatlerPanda4YouronyatynicGoldenSeducerShadowenBDMFDisruptedCapitalistBucketmanTamKwoaru
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I don't look at SFP I just scroll past it no matter how many times it's quoted or posted

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    2LVs382.jpg

me when reading SFP

Right Click Save As

ShadowenSkeith
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    1461308693-kb-site.png
    This teamup just keeps getting weirder

Kiwi Blitz

cB557RMS OceanicTrippyJingCantideDesert LeviathanStiltsGundiLord_AsmodeusRoyceSraphimDarkPrimusdarunia106AnialosPanda4YouRadiusLalaboxHeadCreepsDuke 2.0Quantum TigerSkeithBucketman
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I'm really glad that Kiwi Blitz is back.

CantideDesert LeviathanStiltsFCDDarkPrimusButler For Life #1Panda4YouEtiowsaRadiusDuke 2.0Quantum TigerSkeithBucketmanKwoaru
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Don't Take Webcomics Too Seriously, God Damn

wY6K6Jb.gif
    klemmingBDMFKwoaru
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    like, yeah ok, even I got miffed at demon

but then I stopped because it's not that important?

even though it's still a shit comic

wY6K6Jb.gif
    GoatmonMaddocTommy2HandsNartwakVegemyteKwoaru
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Always take Nerf Now too seriously

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Never take an Erfworld text update seriously.
    am6n4yp2jb96.jpg

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    cB557RMS OceanicDesert LeviathanPMAversTommy2HandsLord_AsmodeusRoyceSraphimPanda4You
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    pjyzrF8.png

In response to a student admitting she intentionally let someone else get thrown under the bus entirely because she didn't want to gamble her financial aid on low chance of success for someone she probably doesn't even know, lest she risk becoming a burden on her family.

That's not even selfish, that's prioritizing her life and her family over a stranger, and only because the teacher didn't give the rest of the class time enough to understand what was happening.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

EncCreaganTommy2HandsPanda4You
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Webcrublics are serious bidness

Clint EastwoodRainfallTommy2HandscB557tynicShadowen
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    pjyzrF8.png

In response to a student admitting she intentionally let someone else get thrown under the bus entirely because she didn't want to gamble her financial aid on low chance of success for someone she probably doesn't even know, lest she risk becoming a burden on her family.

That's not even selfish, that's prioritizing her life and her family over a stranger, and only because the teacher didn't give the rest of the class time enough to understand what was happening.
    Fairly certain the teacher was being facetious there.

EncCreaganCambiataTommy2HandsArdolSageinaRagepookaKwoaru
    regardless, he's being a smug asshole, and I ran out of patience for smug asshole college professors about 7 years ago

PreacherCreaganLord_AsmodeusAistanNartwakEtiowsaDuke 2.0ShadowenKwoaru
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Yeah, pretty sure that was a jab at Alison's own outlook on "selfish decisions" and also a lesson in how one will likely not always have the time or the information necessary to make a completely informed decision.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
    cB557EncTommy2Hands
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    1461334900-017030.jpg
    The mystery is solved.

Mustache mysteries.

Supernormal Step

StiltsdjmitchellaFCDArdolKarozDarkPrimusdarunia106PikaPuffAnialosScooterEtiowsaLalaboxHeadCreepsLockedOnTargetSkeithBucketmanKwoaru
  • djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Bob The Angry Flower is still about politics:
    myenemies.gif
    Well, here we are a week, more or less, after the New York primaries! And what have we all to accept?

On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton's triumph seems complete. I, as a Bernie booster, would love to think that maybe he could win. I may even drop a few more dozens of dollars to Bernie's efforts. But I'm currently busy accepting Hillary Clinton as the Democratic nominee.

Meanwhile, on the Republican side, I watch the monkey cage with square wheels trundle and rattle along. I hoped to have orang-u-tans and gibbons and serious actual monkeys go wild nuts at the Republican convention, with the clattering expectation that Trump's hairpiece would be ripped from his head and flung across and in front of so many cameras. That is to say, I'm crossing my fingers and flesh for a contested convention.

Will that happen? Will the Drump arrive at the convention, scraping just parely past the delegates needed for a first ballot? Or just a bit behind? Oooooh... I suppose we will simply have to see.

Regardless of all'o that, the week comes along and insists on another Bob the Angry Flower cartoon. And as it does, and as it insists, here we find [...My Enemies]

Panda4YouShadowenKwoaru
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    It looks like the sikmering tension between Don and Cesare will be reaching a boil sooner rather than later.

Tommy2Hands
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Actually why would Allison be so convinced everyone would black stone - her job was to beat up supervillains and their lackeys

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    cB557
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Edit:

ok, sorry, i thought that if it's okay to post Dangerously Chloe and that one webcomic with girls in bikini on a beach...

Asthariel on
    that looks pretty nsfw to me

RainfallCorporateLogoTommy2Hands
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Yo that's NSFW, there's nips there.

Cambiata
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Look post all the softcore internetty jerkoff pics you want

BUT ONLY IF

Rolo gets let off the leash

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Man there's literally no reason to bother becoming a professor except to say things like "the fiendish, serpent head of selfishness, revealed".

Honestly the lesson seems to mostly be that Alison's priorities are not actually the ones that are always most important. Like, it's a thought experiment in a goddamn undergrad philosophy class. Everyone is thinking of something else. "Working together for the common good" does not mean "everyone agrees with Alison about what to prioritize". If she's going to get bent out of shape about useless nonsense hypothetical situations not going her way, she's going to have trouble getting people together on anything legitimate.

Particularly describing people as being "tricked into making the selfish choice" is silly and diminishes the fact that everyone there seems to have made a choice that's absolutely in line with their priorities.

Like you know why I'd go with the selfish choice? Because fuck it, intro philosophy. I want to see what the lesson's supposed to be. I don't want to spend 10 minutes doing a mini community-organizing event with fellow students I don't actually care about talking to because I'm a psych student and I don't really interact with them in any other classes.

It's only something to get bent out of shape over if you really believe that day one of intro philosophy is actually a life-or-death thunderdome event.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    Tommy2HandscB557
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Yo that's NSFW, there's nips there.
    It's the exact same outfit as Dangerously Chloe except the nipples aren't magically invisible. Do the faint outlines of nipppes really make it categorically different?
    Badly drawn titties are very important to me.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Also, whats more selfish, putting your own idealistic morals ahead of the education your family is paying for and your future or playing it safe.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    that looks pretty nsfw to me
    Hence the reason I didn't post those

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Prof. Asshole is intentionally trying to get a rise out of Alison, so she snaps and starts openly behaving like the 'tyrant' he claimed she was earlier.

Honestly, I'm impressed with her level of self control. I'd totally be running my mouth at this point. Actually, I'd have specifically put down a black stone so he'd call me out & I'd have an excuse to go at him.

The execution of this 'lesson' is so bad he's not going to effectively convey his intended message, regardless of what it is. Because there's no real risk involved here- the kids can log into their university system & switch classes before the prof can 'fail' them. All the kids are learning is that he's a manipulative asshole.

CambiataLord_AsmodeusAistanNartwakShadowen
    I'm not irritated by the suggestion that this guy is your average philosophy teacher or his presence in the story

It's the suggestion that he's doing a good job or isn't an asshole, which is so far not in the text, that confuses me

PreacherCreaganLord_Asmodeus
This discussion has been closed.