As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Agents of [The Division] - Directive 51 remains in effect

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    I'm Zet.ty on uplay. Feel free to add me. I'd like to do some Underground with people -- gotta level up in order to do those dailies :s

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Ooh, just reading the subreddit, it looks like my favorite build is back en vogue again, the SASG-Striker setup. Shotguns were always so satisfying in this game, since they weren't so horribly neutered like in most games.

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    I logged in for the first time in probably a year (I think I played when survival dropped). I was not expecting my character to be close to end game gear score. I don't really remember playing that much at all. Is there a class of item above high end? I seem to have all green armor and all high end weapons with a gear score of 270 (I think).

I never really bothered with the incursions is that something that can be done through the matchmaking or is it too difficult to bother trying to match make? I'd like to check them out

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Incursions are rather difficult. The few I've done are less fun, and more an exercise in patience. Lots of trying things over and over until everyone clicks, they really feel like a bullet hell situation. I've also been in the situation where everyone is yelling at each other to play better when it's just a numbers game, and someone hit heal a second too late or too early, or the guy with ballistic shield turned a few degrees to the left on accident and ate a big hit, and the loot didn't seem to justify it.

HVTs are way calmer, and can get you set on a good suit.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    El Mucho wrote: »
    I logged in for the first time in probably a year (I think I played when survival dropped). I was not expecting my character to be close to end game gear score. I don't really remember playing that much at all. Is there a class of item above high end? I seem to have all green armor and all high end weapons with a gear score of 270 (I think).

I never really bothered with the incursions is that something that can be done through the matchmaking or is it too difficult to bother trying to match make? I'd like to check them out

I believe gear at the end-level is high-end (yellows), classified (green, these are the gear sets), and the reddish/orange ones which are exotics? (edit: I forgot the most important color: cyan for cosmetics. my bad D: )

edit: Also this 1.8 Guide has helped me with regards to gear, their attributes, etc etc.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Zetx wrote: »

I believe gear at the end-level is high-end (yellows), classified (green, these are the gear sets), and the reddish/orange ones which are exotics? (edit: I forgot the most important color: cyan for cosmetics. my bad D: )

edit: Also this 1.8 Guide has helped me with regards to gear, their attributes, etc etc.

There are two levels of green/set items:

Regular set items have no special way of telling them apart (the color is just that green/bluish-green) and allow up to a 4-set piece bonus
    Classified set items have little folders in the item box and allow up to a full 6-set piece bonus

EDIT - oh, and the rust-orange exotics tend to have special attributes (for example: the Bullfrog/FAMAS rifle gets +15% damage as long as you don't use stability or accuracy mods on the rifle) on them or are meant to be used in conjunction with other exotics and receive bonuses if you have the pairing equipped (Hildr and Eir, for example, are meant to be used together).

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Regular set items have no special way of telling them apart (the color is just that green/bluish-green) and allow up to a 4-set piece bonus
    Classified set items have little folders in the item box and allow up to a full 6-set piece bonus

EDIT - oh, and the rust-orange exotics tend to have special attributes (for example: the Bullfrog/FAMAS rifle gets +15% damage as long as you don't use stability or accuracy mods on the rifle) on them or are meant to be used in conjunction with other exotics and receive bonuses if you have the pairing equipped (Hildr and Eir, for example, are meant to be used together).

Do exotics drop, or can you only buy them from that underground vendor?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »

Do exotics drop, or can you only buy them from that underground vendor?

They'll drop from named baddies.

Also, thanks for posting...I hate double-posting and needed to ask if anybody else is getting some weird lag going on? Tried to hit up Intrepid again, and I was getting shot through solid cover during a terminal hack and had baddies teleporting around (kinda makes conserving ammo way more difficult) starting at wave 1.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Fuck it, I think PvE (possibly single player whatever) might be worth 27 bucks.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    It is, easily.

Survival is no bullshit, holy hell. Fun tho, the weather is pretty amazing.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Reinstalled to check it out again, already got all the achievements previously.

Would have been cool if things I've already done was correctly marked off, I'm currently set as having "earned 5 million bucks."

I have 74 million bucks on my character right now though... Survival showered me with loot when I played that.

Loadouts are pretty damn cool though, nice to be able to change between DPS spec, PvP spec and Tank Shield spec almost immediately, even though that involves extensive armor and gun mod changes, that would take me something like 5-10 minutes to change before.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm not sure why some of the achievements seem to have transferred over to their new system correctly while others haven't. Quite odd.

With regards to loadouts, on a recent trip to keybinds, I learned that you could bind keys to swap loadouts which should come in handy for mid-game swaps in Resistance or something.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Fuck it, I think PvE (possibly single player whatever) might be worth 27 bucks.

Yeah I ended up putting in 10 hours over the free weekend. Since I really enjoyed the experience and can put 27 hours into this game easily I feel (especially with others to play with) I'm going to pick this up during the Steam winter sale.

Sadly need to focus on finals homework first.

• Options
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So far, I am enjoying the game.

Presumably, once I have all wings activated I go for the big wing missions?

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So far, I am enjoying the game.

Presumably, once I have all wings activated I go for the big wing missions?

You can, if you want to.

Alternatively, you can run around and do all the side missions and activities instead. Personally, I run side missions to get the crafting blueprints so I can at least have some half-decent gear at semi-regular intervals.

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »

Always nice to read these only to find what I like to use is sub-optimal.

Dangit I like the Ballistic shield! You can pry it from my cold, dead hands!

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    WSP is really fun and absolutely the best for solo players. I think they could tone down the visual distortion effects on the anti-technology field one though. My eyes aren't made of computers.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Welp, the DZ is still pretty annoying and unrewarding. Seriously, can't even find a single Riker for a daily and just pull out 1 blue and 2 purples after getting killed three times by players and once by the even bigger swarm of mobs that now spawn on a extraction flare.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So what is this Global Event starting tomorrow?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Not to be curt, but there's some info on this reddit page (from 1.7).

There's a lot to summarize, but I think the big takeaway is it includes a new currency and caches to buy with said currency that has an increased % chance at getting classified gear of a specific type (as decided by the global event it is). Also there are event-exclusive masks that can be obtained by doing missions in a specific way.

I have never done a GE, so someone feel free to add/correct me. I am just excited :D

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Not to be curt, but there's some info on this reddit page (from 1.7).

There's a lot to summarize, but I think the big takeaway is it includes a new currency and caches to buy with said currency that has an increased % chance at getting classified gear of a specific type (as decided by the global event it is). Also there are event-exclusive masks that can be obtained by doing missions in a specific way.

I have never done a GE, so someone feel free to add/correct me. I am just excited :D

I'm trying to remember the last one that I actually partook in, so I might get some things wrong:

--the missions involved the regular missions that are in the game (e.g. Madison Field Hospital, Queens Tunnel, Russian Consulate, etc...)...but only certain ones are included for the GE rewards.
    --there is a fairly low cap for event credits (2000, if I remembercap of 10,000 GE credits you can hold at once...this should provide incentive for people to spend their event credits on the caches (two tiers of caches: a 750 credit choice and a 1500 credit choice...the 1500 was similar to the Premium Spectre Pack in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer in that there was a guaranteed exotic or classified gear item inside)
    --missions rewarded either 650 event credits (for a tweaked hard difficulty) or 900 (for tweaked challenge mode)

I distinctly remember that I couldn't really solo the event missions, but they were definitely doable in duos on the hard difficulty (I remember trying the challenge difficulty, and me and my friend just beat our heads against that wall for a solid two hours before giving up...I distinctly recall that it was the Napalm Production Facility, and we only just barely made it through to the first main arena past the intro ramp...turns out rogue NPC agents makes the encounter really tough).

EDIT - looks like I was mistaken with the GE credit limit...I have updated with the correct max.

Erlkönig on
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited December 2017

I distinctly remember that I couldn't really solo the event missions, but they were definitely doable in duos on the hard difficulty (I remember trying the challenge difficulty, and me and my friend just beat our heads against that wall for a solid two hours before giving up...I distinctly recall that it was the Napalm Production Facility, and we only just barely made it through to the first main arena past the intro ramp...turns out rogue NPC agents makes the encounter really tough).

EDIT - looks like I was mistaken with the GE credit limit...I have updated with the correct max.

So the GE challenging missions are much harder than the standard Challenging missions like Lex, etc?

Also, I've been enjoying just making a simple circuit of most of the open world named bosses when I log in solo. Haven't gotten any classy gear yet, but it's a pretty quick way to get a lot of drops quickly when you don't have time to group up.

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    It is, easily.

Survival is no bullshit, holy hell. Fun tho, the weather is pretty amazing.

I stopped playing shortly after survival launched, and I loved it when I played. I didn't even bother trying the game again when the last DLC dropped.

I'm excited to download and play again.

• Options
    Also, I assume this works for all versions but -

Go into settings and turn on Neutral Lighting. It makes playing in a dark or dimly lit room quite an experience, especially at night.

Gallery: https://imgur.com/a/nyJ18

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Also, I assume this works for all versions but -

Go into settings and turn on Neutral Lighting. It makes playing in a dark or dimly lit room quite an experience, especially at night.

Gallery: https://imgur.com/a/nyJ18

yea been playing with Neutral lighting on recently and while it really makes things dark I am going to turn it back off cause I find it more annoying than anything (especially at night)

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    It makes Survival super exciting! *bonk* as a I run into two cleaners in the dark.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I haven't played before so I assume I'm making bad choices - is there a way to respec my ability points?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    I haven't played before so I assume I'm making bad choices - is there a way to respec my ability points?

Same menu you used to allocate everything. The interface can be obtuse, but you're free to swap things anytime you're not in combat.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options

Yup! Just assign a differently ability to the ability slot you want to replace. You can freely switch between the ones you have unlocked (as long as you don't have abilities on cooldown or if you're in combat).

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Also: does anyone have suggestions for a good "getting started" document or video aimed at actual noobs? Everything I've seen/read so far is either wildly out of date or aimed at players who are returning after a hiatus. Those folks need a primer for sure, but I'm not at the point where I need to worry about gear sets or exotic weapons or full builds, and I don't understand a lot of the end-game shorthand that's used.

ANYWAY, if you're on Xbox and are starting out (or maybe a veteran running a new character), look up Tanith 6227 for a lowbie (sub-10) squadmate.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Also: does anyone have suggestions for a good "getting started" document or video aimed at actual noobs? Everything I've seen/read so far is either wildly out of date or aimed at players who are returning after a hiatus. Those folks need a primer for sure, but I'm not at the point where I need to worry about gear sets or exotic weapons or full builds, and I don't understand a lot of the end-game shorthand that's used.

ANYWAY, if you're on Xbox and are starting out (or maybe a veteran running a new character), look up Tanith 6227 for a lowbie (sub-10) squadmate.

Done and done! Friend request sent (I'm Lexicanum on XBL). Still puttering about as a level 6 Agent on Xbox (and still the consummate noob when it comes to using thumbsticks in a shooter), but I'm pretty familiar with ability use, playing in a team, and the spawns during missions and side missions.

• Options

Like are we talking about still leveling up to 30 or what to do once you are 30? The two are kind of different.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited December 2017

For low level, I think you'll mostly want to do the main storyline and explore the areas (especially the safe houses in that area to unlock sidequests). If you aren't at the appropriate level, you can run side quests to be on level. From what I understand, some of the patches changed how health worked or something so the mobs are more difficult to solo than before, so being at least on the same level makes it much less frustrating. Also Hard mode on the missions aren't worth the effort while leveling. Personally, I really enjoyed exploring and doing side quests as I came on them.

After level 30/beating the story, you'll want to finish all the side quests so that you can unlock High Value Targets (HVTs) and Search & Destroy missions which are at the safe houses. Those and the light zone bosses that roam around the area can get you higher gear score items that will boost your World Tier (up to WT5). And of course, with 1.8, there's WSP and Resistance mode.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Are the daily HVT supposed to be soloable? I just tried one of the dailies and it was two of those big armored riker guys. Needless to say I failed. Maybe I just don't have the DPS to burn them down fast enough?

I'm at 277 gear score.

El Mucho on
  • Options
    Are the daily HVT supposed to be soloable? I just tried one of the dailies and it was two of those big armored riker guys. Needless to say I failed. Maybe I just don't have the DPS to burn them down fast enough?

I'm at 277 gear score.

It can depend. I imagine you weren't having trouble with the lower tier ones. As you go up from there, you'll likely hit a point where you can't without an optimized or tailored build (eg, stack burn resistance if it's a Cleaner target). It's likely a lot more doable to gear up doing WSP stuff right now once you hit that cutoff point for your build.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I'm seeing a lot of chatter about patch 1.8 and I never got far in this game initially. With Destiny 2 being a big giant "whatever" for me, I'm thinking it might be fun to try this one again. Is there still a decent population on the PS4 or would it be a wiser choice to re-buy the game on the PC? How bad is the cheating/hacking level on the PC?

26904.png
  • Options
    Stupid wrote: »
    I'm seeing a lot of chatter about patch 1.8 and I never got far in this game initially. With Destiny 2 being a big giant "whatever" for me, I'm thinking it might be fun to try this one again. Is there still a decent population on the PS4 or would it be a wiser choice to re-buy the game on the PC? How bad is the cheating/hacking level on the PC?

Funny enough, I'm playing semi-actively on the PS4 because I talked an old childhood friend to get the game as a way to recondition his TBI reflexes to gaming.

As for soloing HVTs, the higher tier ones get pretty difficult (and I'm to much if a target intel miser to try a solo high-risk HVT)...but with the right gear/weapons, everything else should be doable (I've found a FAMAS and Remington 700 Carbon work stupidly well for the HVTs).

• Options

I'm at 277 gear score.

I've been able to do the very last daily HVT at around the same gear score. FWIW, even within that gear score area, I've felt a lot better once I actually made my gear/weapons work together instead of going for the bigger gear score #s like I was when grinding up WTs.

That said, I'm still hesitant on attempting to solo weekly HVTs because of intel costs.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options

I'm at 277 gear score.

I've been able to do the very last daily HVT at around the same gear score. FWIW, even within that gear score area, I've felt a lot better once I actually made my gear/weapons work together instead of going for the bigger gear score #s like I was when grinding up WTs.

That said, I'm still hesitant on attempting to solo weekly HVTs because of intel costs.

Yeah, I'm sort of chasing gear score while trying to build synergies where I can. Part of my issue is not really having a weapon combo I'm fully comfortable with. Right now I have a m1 sniper and a 3 round burst assault rifle. I'm also not sure I'm specced entirely right. I don't really remember what I was doing with this character last year. I'm at like 5300 gun, 4500 stamina and 4000 tech.