As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WWE [Chat]lemania

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Is this your cousin who's like, disabled and part blind and a gross neckbeard

Wow.

That's just...

Well you really can't be mad at that, can you?

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Oride,

Trust me man that degree is going to keep you out of so many hr/recruiters trash cans.

Yeah with IT you can get by without a degree, but more and more you can't make it into the interview without a degree or am internal reference.

I was looking for something like six months with 5 years of experience and in the damn Seattle area where IT jobs are thick as weeds, and I deff blame that on my degreelessness.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    bowen wrote: »
    Your nephew seems like a really shitty person, I'm really surprised after renting that you associate with him anymore.

I dunno about him being shitty for wanting to take a good job he heard about, I don't think he has an obligation to tell me about leads like that (I feel like he should but that's different)

I mean he really isn't shitty, once he got the hiring notice he told me I didn't have to worry about rent anymore until I got some better work - which is huge

I just really hope for his sake they don't figure out what he told them in the interview was a load of shit and fire him

override367 on
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Dammit.

Dammit Eater.

Make it easier to share yo' shit.

Alazull on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Y'all nerds probably played Deus Ex Human Resources, right? Anyone got recommends for must get augs? And must avoids? I remember swimming was useless in the original. The lung aug for breathing poison gas is jumping out as real pointless this time. ;P

So far I grabbed the energy recharge thingy, cause I see a lot of smacking mooks in the face becoming a thing, the lift heavy objects and hacking level 2. My next was probably gonna be the social enhancer, cause I loooove the dialogue...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Your nephew seems like a really shitty person, I'm really surprised after renting that you associate with him anymore.

I dunno about him being shitty for wanting to take a good job he heard about, I don't think he has an obligation to tell me about leads like that

I mean he really isn't shitty, once he got the hiring notice he told me I didn't have to worry about rent anymore until I got some better work - which is huge

I think a super important part of staying sane is realizing it's normal to have emotional upset over things you shouldn't be upset by if you take it all vulcan-like, and accepting that as okay.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Y'all nerds probably played Deus Ex Human Resources, right? Anyone got recommends for must get augs? And must avoids? I remember swimming was useless in the original. The lung aug for breathing poison gas is jumping out as real pointless this time. ;P

So far I grabbed the energy recharge thingy, cause I see a lot of smacking mooks in the face becoming a thing, the lift heavy objects and hacking level 2. My next was probably gonna be the social enhancer, cause I loooove the dialogue...

Get dermal armor.

No matter what you do, there are fights.

Being able to survive them is key.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    You'll want most but not all of the hacking augs as well.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Chu, what system did you get Destiny on?

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    OH SHIT, I picked up 4 Praxis points without realising it. Time to go ham on this menu...

Oh brilliant
  • Options

As a follow up, look up the chocolate and Nutella babka recipe.

I'm not going to lie, I might make that tomorrow.

• Options
    You had me at Nutella

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    Oride,

Trust me man that degree is going to keep you out of so many hr/recruiters trash cans.

Yeah with IT you can get by without a degree, but more and more you can't make it into the interview without a degree or am internal reference.

I was looking for something like six months with 5 years of experience and in the damn Seattle area where IT jobs are thick as weeds, and I deff blame that on my degreelessness.

well if my nephew is any indication, why bother? just lie on your application about your degree because nobody checks

college seems to be a total scam, you can just make it up

• Options
    Also that no-fall damage aug too I think.

• Options
    You had me at Nutella

To be fair I still have a chub from hearing Ansel talk about his hundreds of layers of dough and cinnamon schmear.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Make sure you get the aug that makes everything explode

It is 90% useless but the few times it is useful, you will not regret the purchase

• Options
    Neco wrote: »

I don't remember it being necessarily essential.

But it does make things easier.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Is this your cousin who's like, disabled and part blind and a gross neckbeard

yeah same one

override367 on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

If you're not playing the Director's Cut you need 1 point of Typhoon.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Oride,

well if my nephew is any indication, why bother? just lie on your application about your degree because nobody checks

Don't generalize from one anecdote

sig.gif
  • Options
    Deus Ex: HR, and many games like it, does a weird thing where most of the really neat weaponry is kind of off-limits if you want to get the "good" ending, since rampant murder is apparently "not ethical."

I've always wanted a game to provide more means for both lethal and non-lethal combat if its going to guilt me for murdering one of the thousands of nameless guards that stands in my way. If you want to guilt me for horribly murdering people, fine, buy how about giving me something more than "stun gun you get at the start of the game" when the murderbot route gets superdeathlasers and spinningdeathpinball.

Was probably my biggest gripe with Dishonored. Its not the difficulty per se, but the gameplay of "sneaking up behind dude and bonking him on the head and repeating for an hour, next area" gets really old.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Oride,

Well... Some places do check after they hire you. I've seen several times the new hire getting disappeared after about three weeks for just that reason.

But still, that degree gets you in doors. It's all about getting into the interview to ply your bullshitting skills.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    That fall from any height aug is the yellow bubble dealie from the TV spot, yah?

https://youtu.be/5OGZO-F5Bp0

that is definitely on the list. I fell off this apartment building twice. >.>

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Alazull wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »

I don't remember it being necessarily essential.

But it does make things easier.

No definitely not essential but I always eventually take it because its nicer to have than to not have.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oride,

Wait, he lied?

That's.. like.. big, BIG red flag that will hurt him severely in the long term.

We've had some employees who claimed things that turned out to be not true in terms of experience. It hurt us BADLY, and we are now much more strict.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Athenor wrote: »
    Oride,

Wait, he lied?

That's.. like.. big, BIG red flag that will hurt him severely in the long term.

We've had some employees who claimed things that turned out to be not true in terms of experience. It hurt us BADLY, and we are now much more strict.

well if they do figure it out and fire him I *will* give him shit for it, because I definitely could have gotten it and my work experience isn't made up (I can still apply but like, I think they might realize the relation)

override367 on
  • Options
    Never lie on an application, but always interpret your experience and qualifications heavily in your favor.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    0cCGjf9.jpg

• Options
    hmm I kind of want to buy the legendary double barreled shot gun in the division for dicking around with

primary and secondary double barrelled shotguns, sidearm sawed off shotgun

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I'm not advocating lying but if you lie and get a 55k a year job where before you were making minimum wage

Then in 3 years they want to promote you and that includes some automatic degree check and you get fired

165k vs like, 51k

Maybe worth

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

I dunno about him being shitty for wanting to take a good job he heard about, I don't think he has an obligation to tell me about leads like that

I think a super important part of staying sane is realizing it's normal to have emotional upset over things you shouldn't be upset by if you take it all vulcan-like, and accepting that as okay.

There's somebody in every workplace who makes 12k more every year because they started a year before everyone else. It life

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Huh. Cleaning my dining room table was a lot easier than I thought.

... DON'T LOOK ANYWHERE ELSE IN MY APARTMENT.

8XVmmKhl.jpg

So now.. do I celebrate with Ant Man, Black Panther or Falcon?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I'm not advocating lying but if you lie and get a 55k a year job where before you were making minimum wage

Then in 3 years they want to promote you and that includes some automatic degree check and you get fired

165k vs like, 51k

Maybe worth

ima be honest it might not make it past "we need you to go to a different site"
    "uh I dont actually own a car and I can't legally drive even though I said I could"

• Options

165k vs like, 51k

Maybe worth

I wouldn't lie about anything completely verifiable. "I have a degree from X" is objectively true or false. "I have substantial experience in field Y" is a matter of opinion.

Tends to put you in a vulnerable spot, since your application and the facts disagree, and there's a clear record of both, so there's no ambiguity about whether you lied or not.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    spring in ohio.

beautiful 75 and sunny, thunderstorms, then snow

in the span of 3 days.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    0cCGjf9.jpg

God damn dine-n-dashers

• Options
    edited April 2016

165k vs like, 51k

Maybe worth

I wouldn't lie about anything completely verifiable. "I have a degree from X" is objectively true or false. "I have substantial experience in field Y" is a matter of opinion.

Tends to put you in a vulnerable spot, since your application and the facts disagree, and there's a clear record of both, so there's no ambiguity about whether you lied or not.

Right like my resume says I have professional C# experience which is *technically* correct but not really (it's only correct in that it's a factual statement but it was 100% making predefined changes)

but if they sent ninjas to kidnap my old boss and torture him for the truth the best they'd get would be "ahhhhhhhhhhh... I'm not sure if he did any programming or not"

override367 on
  • Options
    I have done some very limited perl and bash scripting.. my strength is in SQL. But my main app is very heavily Java based, and knowledge of Java is very important to get jobs related to that sucker.

You bet your ass I'm gonna be erring on the side of professional java experience, even if the extent of my knowledge is knowing how to read and interpret it...

• Options
    spring in ohio.

beautiful 75 and sunny, thunderstorms, then snow

in the span of 3 days.

We had a spring like that in CA once

We're all "California stahp you're drunk"

California all just "YOLO"

This discussion has been closed.