Due to a security update, you may have to reset your password. Don’t panic, nothing has gone wrong and your password is safe. If you don’t have access to that email, send Tube a message at [email protected] More info here: https://status.vanillaforums.com/incidents/2zdqxf3bt7mj
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Enter the Gungeon: That's when I reach for my revolver

1151617181921»

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I'm going through it myself, trying to find the new stuff.

Word to the people; don't use the Pilot in a Rainbow Run. His passives are nearly worthless for that setup.

YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited April 7
    I had my first Lich kill yesterday. I ended up finding the Seven Leaf Clover on the first floor and that ensured that everything I found from then on was either black or golden chests and I was swimming in money and keys.

I ended up with the Eyepatch (plus damage, minus accuracy), +1 Bullets, and Gundromeda Strain (enemies have lower max health), and electric bullets for passives.

I also discovered the Patriot and Box synergy, which is silly. With all of those passives it ripped everything, Lich included, to pieces with electric death.

I also finally unlocked the bulletkin Gungeoneer, so I can go through with him now.

Cruor on
    38thDoeEnlongThe Escape Goat
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    The one time I got the 7 leaf clover I couldn't drop a key to save my life. I think I got one A chest out of it and died soon after.

steam_sig.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited April 7
    By the way, there's a previously almost-usesless item that is apparently important for one of the new sidequests.
    When you get to the Forge and talk to the smith, she asks you to bring her a Ruby Bracelet.

Which is an item I have never once made use of (it's a passive that makes guns explode when you throw them), so it's good that she tells you what to get; otherwise I'd never have picked it up voluntarily.

Enlong on
    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I fell off the learning curve on this game really hard. You can get a different skin for the starting guns by beating the past with alternate costume on.

steam_sig.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat of course Registered User regular
    edited May 26
    Finally got around to playing the update. The new items are real fun; evolver was hilarious.

But then I had this run. And there wasn't too much new to it, I just got RIDIC broken synergies.

ErgGCqI.jpg?1

Flare Kit + Medipak? Good room clearer, crazy good boss clearer. Tack on a taped on crossbow. Tack on +1 Bullets. Tack on Scattershot AND Remote Bullets to completely negate Scattershot's downside. I've never killed Treadnaught, the Dragun, or the first Lich stage faster. I ESPECIALLY never killed High Priest that fast. He died before doing the bullshit disappearing attack a second time!

Oh, and also get the dual wield love/hate shotguns from a secret room synergy chest. That are also completely nuts with Remote Bullets. I've probably had a more broken run at some point but it's hard to remember how.

The Escape Goat on
    3clipse wrote: »
    God is dead and life has no purpose.