Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[FFRK] FF7 Golden Saucer Dating Sim continues. New DU tomorrow night.

19394959698

Posts

  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Am I seeing this right? Is there no MC2 lode for Cait Sith in this event, and they also did not add him to the store to buy with the blank lode they are giving?

    I mean, it isn't a huge issue because Cait Sith is a dumb character and I never use him in real 7 and I will very likely never use him in RK either. So I don't need his MC2, except to satisfy my collector needs.

  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Think I'll use this events hero soul to grab Thancred. Now that he has thief 5 I feel like he's solid enough to not be a total liability and I like him the most out of the thief/ninja choices.

    I guess sometime you gotta run dat sub optimal for personal enjoyment.

    Isn't his max level only 65 though?

    Unless my luck magically flips 180 I'll probably not be running U+ stuff to completion anytime soon. I basically have to whale just to get a single relic at all.

    So better to play the 65s I enjoy and last till we get the guaranteed 5* (if we ever do.) than try to meta and be crushed by a total lack of native anything.

    Also yuffles was 65 capped till yesterday and people were still running her so who knows.

    Nah it's not about being able to do U+ stuff. If I was going to decide on a character to select I'd look at things like: Max Level and Synergy. Both of which are severely lacking for Thancred. It's a shame too because I'd like more FFXIV content.

  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    You're in luck. Thancred's MC2 is 4 events away.

    Edit: @Lucascraft Cait Sith's MC2 releases during Sephiroth "Sun's Out, Guns Out" BSSB Event.

    Shamus on
    Fry
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Max level is particularly important for Thief characters, since you need that level 73 speed to get all five hits of Thief's Revenge.

  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Gauntlet mastered with Cloud/Agrias/Basch/Ramza/Yuna

    Shout + Apocalypse Shield + stacking mitigation with breakdowns, cleansing strike, shellga/protectga and wall = GG

  • joomanjiijoomanjii San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    So I did a three pull on the VII Banner because why the hell not.
    BuFPpOD.jpg

    Hell yeah I'll take it!

    Final Fantasy XIV: Alethia Tamarie
    The SauceKnight_BeastehRiusShadowfireGnizmoFryurahonkyshoeboxjeddyArdorDarklyre
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Waiting until Thursday before I finish the current event. I appreciate that all the boss fights are at least immediately available instead of having to wait until Thursday evening for everything to unlock. No second banner to pull from either. It does make for a dull week, though.

    akyxa17p3s5g.png
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Is this the new normal going forward with events, or is this a one off?

    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    This event was a bonus they added to run alongside BSBfest in JP, to give you an idea of how out of sync we are w/r/t events and fests

    Skipping collabs is pretty bad

    Beasteh on
    Knight_
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I would've put so much Mythril towards getting the Wind Drum.

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
    Shadowfire
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Shamus wrote: »
    You're in luck. Thancred's MC2 is 4 events away.

    Ohh, does that mean Yshtola as well??

  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Shamus wrote: »
    You're in luck. Thancred's MC2 is 4 events away.

    Ohh, does that mean Yshtola as well??

    http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/xiv-event/

    First untranslated banner after the Big Bridge/(likely)BSSBFest.

    urahonky
  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I would've put so much Mythril towards getting the Wind Drum.

    Flammie! So much Mythril would've been spent.

  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    I'm not super concerned! That graph is correct but kind of misleading; it doesn't calculate the effect of RMs and doesn't show possible gear +Element% bonuses. If you assume the use of Shadow's RM3;
    Current Phantasm at 348/418 (+20%)/501 (+44%) MAG = 6338, 7364, 8560.
    Nerfed  Phantasm at 348/418 (+20%)/501 (+44%) MAG = 6338, 6871, 7200.
    

    That's a pretty significant difference of 1360 damage at +44% MAG, but it's not the end of the world. The difference is much smaller at +20% MAG, a little under 500 per cast.

    At her 174 SPD, 6871 damage with an 0.83 sec cast and a Hasted 1.67 wait time comes out to nearly 2750 damage per second. In comparison, a Hasted Black Mage using any -Ja and hitting for 9999 (which is not guaranteed, even with +20% MAG) is doing about 2800 damage per second, about 2950 damage per second if they're using Waterja. In these scenarios, Yuffie doesn't need any synergy at all whereas the Black Mage likely needs heavy synergy.

    All the nerf really means is Yuffie can use Phantasm on a mixed team, or an all-physical team, without having to bring synergy. She'll go from doing more damage than a Black Mage to a little less, but will still be super useful in low-synergy or high-RES environments. Or any boss with perma-Reflect, or counter BLM, or a Defense Mode, etc.

    Here's the same graph, only for Phantasm with Shadow RM3;

    *snip*

    The two lines diverge faster with Shadow's RM3 applied, but the split point is much much higher for RM3'd Phantasm than it is for RM-less non-weakness 3*. The original graph makes it look like Ninja magic sucks completely post-nerf, and that's what's misleading.

    I don't suppose they've made "Steal Magic" available, yet?

  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Shamus wrote: »
    You're in luck. Thancred's MC2 is 4 events away.

    Ohh, does that mean Yshtola as well??

    http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/xiv-event/

    First untranslated banner after the Big Bridge/(likely)BSSBFest.

    Time to run a near full XIV team it seems.

    With Firion. Because man Firion is rad.

    steam_sig.png
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Yellow Megaphone alone has me wanting to do an 11-pull on this thing. An offensive AND defensive SB on a character with Bard/Dance 5* and WHM/SMN 4* in the same event that has Yuffie (and her gamebreaking Medica) becoming a permanent member of my party? That might be good for a HELL YEAH.
    The SB on the Yellow M-phone is pretty good (AOE version of the ridiculous Agrias SB), but I think it will be tough for many people to fit Cait Sith into a team. His stats and ability proficiencies suggest using him as a white mage, but that probably means you need a non-WM medica, which aren't terribly common (Yuffie and Ramza are it, I think?). Should be a great fit for Rius' mage team though!

  • MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Firion is the raddest, can't wait for him to get buffed and achieve weapon master status.

    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    chocobolicious
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    Yellow Megaphone alone has me wanting to do an 11-pull on this thing. An offensive AND defensive SB on a character with Bard/Dance 5* and WHM/SMN 4* in the same event that has Yuffie (and her gamebreaking Medica) becoming a permanent member of my party? That might be good for a HELL YEAH.

    The SB on the Yellow M-phone is pretty good (AOE version of the ridiculous Agrias SB), but I think it will be tough for many people to fit Cait Sith into a team. His stats and ability proficiencies suggest using him as a white mage, but that probably means you need a non-WM medica, which aren't terribly common (Yuffie and Ramza are it, I think?). Should be a great fit for Rius' mage team though!

    He's absolutely a fine White Mage, but he can go on the offensive with Summons if you need an AoE mage team.

    I really am tempted to pull; it'd be so much easier if I didn't already have Aerith's SSB. I would hate to get a double of that.

  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    With your luck, you'd get Yuffie's SSB anyway.

    Both of his M-phones are on Sephiroth's BSSB banner. You could tempt fate then...

    akyxa17p3s5g.png
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

    Fry
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    Only thing that gives me pause is it might be difficult to keep the debuff active on a white mage.

  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Assuming it's 25s like most of those things, you can refresh it just in time assuming you get hit... once or twice I forget if you're hasted the entire time. Same as the wall users.

    aeNqQM9.jpg
    Fry
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    I'm not super concerned! That graph is correct but kind of misleading; it doesn't calculate the effect of RMs and doesn't show possible gear +Element% bonuses. If you assume the use of Shadow's RM3;
    Current Phantasm at 348/418 (+20%)/501 (+44%) MAG = 6338, 7364, 8560.
    Nerfed  Phantasm at 348/418 (+20%)/501 (+44%) MAG = 6338, 6871, 7200.
    

    That's a pretty significant difference of 1360 damage at +44% MAG, but it's not the end of the world. The difference is much smaller at +20% MAG, a little under 500 per cast.

    At her 174 SPD, 6871 damage with an 0.83 sec cast and a Hasted 1.67 wait time comes out to nearly 2750 damage per second. In comparison, a Hasted Black Mage using any -Ja and hitting for 9999 (which is not guaranteed, even with +20% MAG) is doing about 2800 damage per second, about 2950 damage per second if they're using Waterja. In these scenarios, Yuffie doesn't need any synergy at all whereas the Black Mage likely needs heavy synergy.

    All the nerf really means is Yuffie can use Phantasm on a mixed team, or an all-physical team, without having to bring synergy. She'll go from doing more damage than a Black Mage to a little less, but will still be super useful in low-synergy or high-RES environments. Or any boss with perma-Reflect, or counter BLM, or a Defense Mode, etc.

    Here's the same graph, only for Phantasm with Shadow RM3;

    *snip*

    The two lines diverge faster with Shadow's RM3 applied, but the split point is much much higher for RM3'd Phantasm than it is for RM-less non-weakness 3*. The original graph makes it look like Ninja magic sucks completely post-nerf, and that's what's misleading.

    I don't suppose they've made "Steal Magic" available, yet?

    Sadly no; there's a 6* Ninja ability that's instant cast, does 3.0 damage over 2 hits (physical), and self buffs +30% MAG -30% DEF for 15 seconds. It doesn't sound very good, honestly.

  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Under haste, you act roughly every 3.5 seconds (4.4-4.9 seconds to cast a Soul Break). So you can get about seven actions in during a 25 second duration. Most abilities generate about 60 points of meter, and you need 500 for a soul break, so you typically have to get hit 2-3 times to keep chaining SBs. It does require spamming your actions, though - if you have your WM wait for damage to heal, you'll fall behind.

  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    The 5-6* Ninja abilities all sound awful. It's nice that they're trying to make new and interesting effects with them, but for being "keystone" abilities in the highest tiers, they're very lackluster.

    akyxa17p3s5g.png
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    I'm confused why this VII event has the Ultimate/+ there out of the gate.

    Is that normal from here on out? Is there going to be something else added for the second banner of the event?

    And are there going to be more cid missions for this event; i.e. should I wait on the Ultimate and such for more missions before bothering now?

    Still haven't done Kuja+. Tried once and severely misplanned, the incoming damage was way more than I expected. I'll have to get it done soon, I imagine I might need to blow a mythril or two to master it though. :rotate:

    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I'm confused why this VII event has the Ultimate/+ there out of the gate.

    Is that normal from here on out? Is there going to be something else added for the second banner of the event?

    And are there going to be more cid missions for this event; i.e. should I wait on the Ultimate and such for more missions before bothering now?

    Still haven't done Kuja+. Tried once and severely misplanned, the incoming damage was way more than I expected. I'll have to get it done soon, I imagine I might need to blow a mythril or two to master it though. :rotate:

    Apparently this VII event happened during Japan's BSSB Fest so it came out oddly. There are no additional Cid Missions for this event and no second banner as far as I can tell. It just all came at once. The next event should be the standard 2 banners with Ultimate released a few days later. This one is just an odd one due to how/when it came out in Japan.

    Cirira on
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    beat all of the FFVII content
    so this is how it feels like when you have 5* synergy relics...

    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    CirirajoomanjiiRiusFryBeasteh
  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    beat all of the FFVII content
    so this is how it feels like when you have 5* synergy relics...

    I've got the Ultimate and the Ultimate + left. I have Yuffie using Sephiroth's katana and watching her do 15-20k per TR is amazing. I might have to hone that to lvl 3 and level me some thief types now. I hadn't realized how stupidly powerful that skill was since I don't have a thief (and Yuffie was in because she had synergy, was needed for the Cid's mission earlier, and could use Seph's katana). Saint's Cross seems rather lackluster with just two hits comparitively even though the damage is probably roughly equivalent.

  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Cirira wrote: »
    Saint's Cross seems rather lackluster with just two hits comparitively even though the damage is probably roughly equivalent.

    Saint's Cross is 3.4x damage, five hit Thief's Revenge is 3.5x damage. SC can often hit weak points/is occasionally resisted, TR can potentially go over 20k if you are burly enough/stack enough debuffs. Very comparable.

    Fry on
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Cirira wrote: »
    Saint's Cross seems rather lackluster with just two hits comparitively even though the damage is probably roughly equivalent.

    Saint's Cross is 3.4x damage, five hit Thief's Revenge is 3.5x damage. SC can often hit weak points/is occasionally resisted, TR can potentially go over 20k if you are burly enough/stack enough debuffs. Very comparable.

    More importantly though, TR will likely heal your Thief to full!

    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    joomanjii
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Full Medals Carry Armor clear, I don't usually see 18 Medals lol

    Edit: And Battle Arena done with only -1 Action Medal. That was fun; felt a lot like the older Boss Rush stages with 3 bosses.

    Rius on
    Fry
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    I find the cross-realm portability of SC more valuable - I don't have that many characters at level 73+, so I wouldn't get the full value out of TR, but SC always does work.

    I watched two silly videos today: one was a whale (two R4 Saint's Cross and two R4 Quick Hits) speedrunning U+ Kuja. Stunned Kuja with Dismissal at the 75% hp mark, and pushed him past 50% before the stun wore off, so he actually skipped the scripted Gravija. The other video was Revenge Bahamut Sin, where the only attacks launched at baha were a Climhazzard and two Finishing Touches. The 99,999 from the first Finishing Touch pushed the health so far that an orb spawned, and as soon as that orb was finished, another orb immediately spawned. And then the second Finishing Touch ended the fight. :0

  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    I'm confused why this VII event has the Ultimate/+ there out of the gate.

    Is that normal from here on out? Is there going to be something else added for the second banner of the event?

    And are there going to be more cid missions for this event; i.e. should I wait on the Ultimate and such for more missions before bothering now?

    Still haven't done Kuja+. Tried once and severely misplanned, the incoming damage was way more than I expected. I'll have to get it done soon, I imagine I might need to blow a mythril or two to master it though. :rotate:

    Apparently this VII event happened during Japan's BSSB Fest so it came out oddly. There are no additional Cid Missions for this event and no second banner as far as I can tell. It just all came at once. The next event should be the standard 2 banners with Ultimate released a few days later. This one is just an odd one due to how/when it came out in Japan.

    Big Bridge and this event happened simultaneously in Japan, so the same thing will most likely happen in four weeks with the Big Bridge event, pushing us back a week from where we are now, relatively speaking.

  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Ugh, Ultimate Steiner. Once again pretty much down to luck. 2 characters dead, including Healer Tyro. Can't exactly deal with these 1.5k/2k Climhazzards he's doing, and that's with most mitigations up (Protect might have been down, but no fucking way could I ever spare a moment to get it back up). Oh well, just hope he doesn't decide to use it again and kill Cloud before he can get this Quad cut off. And luck prevails and we win. Let's see how we botched the medals now...

    1 medal lost to KO's. And one medal lost to...

    ...damage?

    I call shenanigans, which I know is completely stupid since it's in my favor. I should have failed damage entirely with the hits I was taking. God damn they really tweaked the threshold on it.

    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    PSN: TheWolfman64 3DS/Pokemon Y: 0774-4614-4065/NNID: the_wolfman64
  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Full Medals Carry Armor clear, I don't usually see 18 Medals lol

    Edit: And Battle Arena done with only -1 Action Medal. That was fun; felt a lot like the older Boss Rush stages with 3 bosses.

    What was your makeup for Battle Arena? I ran out of hones at the end and lost 3 characters since I had to auto attack Prodclad down at the end. Probably would've won had Kuja's doom not killed him from Memento.

  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    Full Medals Carry Armor clear, I don't usually see 18 Medals lol

    Edit: And Battle Arena done with only -1 Action Medal. That was fun; felt a lot like the older Boss Rush stages with 3 bosses.

    What was your makeup for Battle Arena? I ran out of hones at the end and lost 3 characters since I had to auto attack Prodclad down at the end. Probably would've won had Kuja's doom not killed him from Memento.

    Yuffie, Rinoa, Lulu, Red, Garnet. Top three had an AoE ability and a single target nuke apiece, total of twelve Hones for the mages and twenty-two for Yuffie. My mage Hones are thorough, heh. I can go into more detail if you'd like.

  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Ok so the Serah FFXIII event is up next, predicted to be June 6. It contains some pretty sweet relics and some much needed MC2's. Fang will be the first level 80 Dragoon.

    I've been saving mithril for the BSB Fest, presumably falling around July 4th as sort of a mid-summer blowout.

    Do I spend mithril on June 6 with the hopes of getting Lightning's BSB, or do I just keep saving? Unless they change things in our BSB fest, Lightning's BSB will not reappear then. Nor does it reappear in the Double-BSB Fest. So it might be a really long time until we get another shot at her BSB if I don't pull on it now.

    I've got pretty good FFXIII synergy, so her BSB would be welcome because while I've got good record synergy, I don't have any of Lightning's relics.

    Deciding what to spend my mithril on is hard. So many good options to consider, so little mithril. (I'm at 175 right now). Will probably be about 190 or so by the time Serah's event starts.


    I also don't have any blinks, so I'm tempted to pull on Yuffie's banner. But my problem there is that nothing else really appeals to me on her banner, and I already got Aerith's Wizard Staff on my white mage lucky draw so I run the risk of doubling up on that. While not terrible since it means more stats, I'd rather get something different.

  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Also! I've got the orbs *right now* to hone Sky Grinder to R2. Having 4 casts of that ability might pay off in the Serah event since I've got Fang's Pulsar Burst SB and she will almost certainly see some play in this event. Or, my other option is to save those orbs and keep saving towards R3 Saint Cross, which is a much longer term goal as I'm currently nowhere close on any of the 3 orbs.

    At R1, Sky Grinder is basically useless. At R2 it would be usable. I've already got Saint Cross at R2 and I use it a lot on Agrias. More uses would obviously be great but I don't know if I really need two extra casts, since I can put Life Siphon on Agrias and spend more turns casting her Cleansing Strike instead. I've never really felt like I need more casts of Saint Cross.


    But here's the thing. I've got Basch's Shield, which means I have EnHoly, plus I've got Agrias's Cleansing Strike, and I also have Cecil's Saint Fall move. So I've got two fantastic Knight/Paladin options to field. Or, if I decide to go for Thief's Revenge instead, I've got Locke's SSB and he's already my star player, my center forward, my quarterback, my game 1 opening pitcher, and whatever other sports metaphor you want to use. And I've got Rikku as backup and now that I've got Yuffie's MC2 she's a strong candidate for thief role, but I don't have any relics for her.

    Other things to consider -- I've got a few other 5* abilities at R2. Here's my 5* list:
    Full Break at R2
    Meteor at R2
    Saint Cross at R2
    Doppleblade at R2
    Thief's Revenge at R2
    Dark Zone at R2


    Argh. Just like deciding how to spend mithril is hard, deciding how to spend 5* orbs is also hard.

    Lucascraft on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Personally I wouldn't take more than a small tilt at lightning's BSB. The banner is pretty mediocre and if you already have decent RS, it makes it an even harder sell.

    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't take more than a small tilt at lightning's BSB. The banner is pretty mediocre and if you already have decent RS, it makes it an even harder sell.

    I'd say there's a pretty decent chance it'll show up on our BSSBfest, considering our SSBFest got more SSBs than Japan's an extra SSB on every banner over Japan's. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they added hers, Squall's, and then one random future one (Seph's?) to make it a uniform 2 per banner across the board. I would really love a shot at it on a banner slightly less sucky, although I do have very little FF13 RS. There's nothing else I'd want on that banner besides the Stunapalooza though. Aaand I already have CB for her.

    ArcTangent on
This discussion has been closed.