As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Schedule (and Guidebook) is live!

CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
edited April 2016 in PAX East
The PAX East app seems to have been updated.

Edit: Maybe updated? They're at least doing some work on it, but it seems to be stuck between 2015 and 2016. Still, good to download!

379by4cj0i1l.png
zerzhul on

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Just checked, don't see anything for this year yet, just the past few.

• hadiwisthadiwist Nashville, TNRegistered User regular
    the iOS app is available, but it does not appear to have updated information. Soon™.

edited March 2016
    sorry for the mutiple posts- firefox is doing something interesting.

hadiwist on
    the iOS app is available, but it does not appear to have updated information. Soon™.

• LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    All excited for nothing :(

Soon, though.

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Just checked, don't see anything for this year yet, just the past few.
    hadiwist wrote: »
    sorry for the mutiple posts- firefox is doing something interesting.

I actually think it's the site itself. Happening for me in Chrome and for a bunch of other users too.

• CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
    It's actually not in the Guidebook app; it's just by Guidebook. Search PAX East in the App Store and you'll see the new logo. Last update for it was 3/17.

379by4cj0i1l.png
  • Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    I got all excited thinking the schedule might be up :(

zmYaVYP.png
  • MechcondridMechcondrid CT, USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    It's actually not in the Guidebook app; it's just by Guidebook. Search PAX East in the App Store and you'll see the new logo. Last update for it was 3/17.

on android market or the crapple store?
    cuz the android one still says 2015 and last update as feb 18th 2015

Mechcondrid on
    The Apple iOS store app is available. I don't know about Android. The web version is https://guidebook.com/guide/60476/ but it is also not updated yet.

• Jordman12Jordman12 Registered User regular
    Looking at my photo from last year's Omegathon and thinking, "That's a terrible photo. What was I thinking when I took that photo?"

2015 PAX East Omeganaut
    2016 PAX East Omeganaut

HAIL HATS !!!!!!!

@Jordman12
    So the musical guests are listed, panelists and Exhibitors. I hope it's not 100% accurate, because the protomen aren't listed, and someone had said they mentioned that they'd be there. Especially since they are playing a show in Boston on the Sunday.

zmYaVYP.png
    Since the schedule is not updated and posted on east.paxsite.com, I'd assume that nothing on the guidebook site was accurate. Just refresh and wait. Soon™

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    So the musical guests are listed, panelists and Exhibitors. I hope it's not 100% accurate, because the protomen aren't listed, and someone had said they mentioned that they'd be there. Especially since they are playing a show in Boston on the Sunday.

Yeah, it's still all last year's info. It'll hopefully update in the next week or so!

• VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Awesome!

VGguy49 on
    Wishes he could change his username
  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    so i am correct in saying it has not updated yet?

• SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    It's not on Android version yet.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    In past history the iOS version has gone up before the Android version but yes currently neither are updated.

P0P7S6y.png
    u think we have to scan it again on the pass for the guidebook or is it gonna update on the app that was last year that was through guidebook but not on guidebook

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but every year that Guidebook has been used, you had to manually download the event file. Now I don't know if the app has changed or not, but that would be a good feature to have if it's not already there.

You've always had to manually download the guide for the event itself from within the app. If you search PAX East you get the last 4 years of guidebooks to show up.

last year we did not have to download the guide through guidebook there was a app powered through guidebook but was not something u had to search for on the actual guidebook app

• DeathJest3rDeathJest3r Registered User regular
    There are two options for the mobile schedule, you can either download the dedicated PAX East app or download the guide through Guidebook. There is no difference between the two versions as they are both built by Guidebook. They just started releasing the standalone PAX apps so that the names "PAX EAST" / "PAX South" / etc can directly appear on the appstore search.

The standalone app has updated some 2016 info, but the schedule is not yet released. For Guidebook you have to manually download the 2016 version once it is released.

There are two options for the mobile schedule, you can either download the dedicated PAX East app or download the guide through Guidebook. There is no difference between the two versions as they are both built by Guidebook. They just started releasing the standalone PAX apps so that the names "PAX EAST" / "PAX South" / etc can directly appear on the appstore search.

The standalone app has updated some 2016 info, but the schedule is not yet released. For Guidebook you have to manually download the 2016 version once it is released.

What info for 2016 is the standalone showing? I have that and dont believe I see anything for 2016 on it

• InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    That's because there isn't anything yet.

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
    I feel bad for starting this thread (it was late and drinking may have been involved). The Expo floor looked new to me...until I checked it against 2015's floor. Oops.

The standalone iPhone App Store app has ONLY been updated with the new logo, date of show, and a line saying "More 2016 Information Coming Soon."

I guess with the glut of new info, I was reaching.

379by4cj0i1l.png
  • InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    On the bright side, now you just need to update the OP when it does go live =)

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
    On the bright side, now you just need to update the OP when it does go live =)

Then just play it off like you had the scoop early and all of these posts after were flim flam!

P0P7S6y.png
  • SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Music lineup announced
    http://east.paxsite.com/music

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
    Sepioth wrote: »
    Music lineup announced
    So glad The Protomen are now confirmed. Hopefully the schedule and exhibitors are uploaded soon! Hype is getting bigger

zmYaVYP.png
  • MarioManiacMarioManiac Registered User regular
    Sepioth wrote: »
    Music lineup announced
    So glad The Protomen are now confirmed. Hopefully the schedule and exhibitors are uploaded soon! Hype is getting bigger

I agree, the wait on the schedule is about all I can handle.

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious shit!"
    signature_zpsh4qstnbp.png
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/MarioManiac
  • jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    The online version has updated icons!
    ron-paul-its-happening-animated.gif

jayh0va on
    npyymaqh3gup.png
  • MechcondridMechcondrid CT, USARegistered User regular
    why u no update android guidebook ? :(

• LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    So I noticed the web version of guidebook had a map update! (still no expo maps...) The schedule button is still hidden on the guide, but with a bit of url tinkering I managed to pull it up.

So here it is, everyone! The link to the East 2016 schedule!

https://guidebook.com/guide/60476/schedule/#date/04-22-2016

Lazorz on
  • jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »
    So I noticed the web version of guidebook had a map update! (still no expo maps...) The schedule button is still hidden on the guide, but with a bit of url tinkering I managed to pull it up.

So here it is, everyone! The link to the East 2016 schedule!

https://guidebook.com/guide/60476/schedule/#date/04-22-2016

You're the man!!!!

I noticed the same thing. Here are the maps:
    u7gg1dwybvbe.png
    2h2s3zggltc9.png
    r7u4oe4ay3zj.png

npyymaqh3gup.png
    edited March 2016
    ...dammit.

Found part of the Expo Floor, at least! http://indiemegabooth.com/event/pax-east-2016/

Cataleptical on
    379by4cj0i1l.png
  • GoreySailorGoreySailor Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    So it's last years schedule still?

GoreySailor on
    Looks like they haven't updated the events on it though yet. I checked with the FFXIV panel to make sure and yep it's on Saturday at noon so this is still last years events, but this year's date.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    There's definitely new stuff on there. Even just at the start, it has this year's keynote, and there's a panel for Dan Ryckert and Patrick Klepek's Mario Maker war that DEFINITELY was not their last year. Might just be an incomplete schedule.

Crippl3 on
  • aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Seemed heavy on tabletop stuff and light in other areas particularly panels .. my guess is that it is an incomplete schedule.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!