As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DARK SOULS 3] Everything ends.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Steam unlocks 5 or 6pm est tomorrow

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Weird.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    preloading game on steam right now!

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Darn, PSN is unlocking it at midnight est tomorrow.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    6PM tomorrow? what the heck

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Which class is supposed to be the best transition for Bloodborne'ing it up in Dark Souls 3 again?

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Thief. Their starting weapon's art is the bloodborne hop.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Also does DS3 do the thing where every stat adds a little bit to HP like DS2

It does not.

Looking at the Mugen monkey site, I can go 40 DEX/LUCK with 50 VIG and be under SL 110.

Sinners shall Bleed.

I am curious how bleed actually works

• Options
    Steam is unlocking that early cause it unlocks globally at midnight GMT I believe.

Consoles are region-locked, hence the difference.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Thief. Their starting weapon's art is the bloodborne hop.

Thanks, I couldn't remember which it was and have been trying to see as little of DS3 content as possible meanwhile

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    let's get that big awesome chart of the starting classes up in here

mA8y9o0.jpg

Huh. Herald looks cool. Anyword on how the difficulty compares to Bloodborne?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    People on YouTube say it starts easy and then gets very difficult somewhere around the middle.

Also, magic doesn't scale at all with soul level until like 30/30 INT/FAI, or so the hubbub hubs.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    It feels like they're just about the same. There's the initial hump of a wall that you overcome as you learn the mechanics and then every once and awhile you bash your face on a brick wall until you overcome it.

• Options
    Magic supposedly not OP anymore

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    How does pyro scaling work in this one?

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

Int and Faith contribute

And it scales super well so far. Pyro is probably the strongest starting class for magic atm.

On another note, I have a FAITH BUILD DILEMMA(slight equipment and stat spoilers)
    So obviously, I'm going super caster infuse with Lightning/Blessed and let the god's sort em out.

But, there is a SLIGHT issue when it comes to weapons.

So, From, being hilariously intelligent MONSTERS, split the decent minimum requirement weapons between strength and dex.

As far as I can tell per the DS3 wiki, there is only one weapon that has innate lightning damage and can be infused as well as buffed, and that's the Lothric Knight Greatsword. But it's stat's are a 24 STR/16 DEX requirement, which, isn't a small investment, and you can't really farm until mid to late game.

Which goes hand and hand with the Dex/Faith white wale, the Dragonslayer Swordspear, which is 16 STR/22 Dex, has innate Lightning damage but can't be infused, or buffed, BUT, has it's own weapon art Lightning Buff.

Which I guess is fine, since Faith technically can use Lightning, Blessed, and Dark elemental types, and one of those two weapons will be your Lightning one.

I just have to decide which one's gonna do the heavy lifting

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    As per tradition I'll pick my class based on what I think the coolest looking starting armor is.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2016

Int and Faith contribute

And it scales super well so far. Pyro is probably the strongest starting class for magic atm.

On another note, I have a FAITH BUILD DILEMMA(slight equipment and stat spoilers)
    So obviously, I'm going super caster infuse with Lightning/Blessed and let the god's sort em out.

But, there is a SLIGHT issue when it comes to weapons.

So, From, being hilariously intelligent MONSTERS, split the decent minimum requirement weapons between strength and dex.

As far as I can tell per the DS3 wiki, there is only one weapon that has innate lightning damage and can be infused as well as buffed, and that's the Lothric Knight Greatsword. But it's stat's are a 24 STR/16 DEX requirement, which, isn't a small investment, and you can't really farm until mid to late game.

Which goes hand and hand with the Dex/Faith white wale, the Dragonslayer Swordspear, which is 16 STR/22 Dex, has innate Lightning damage but can't be infused, or buffed, BUT, has it's own weapon art Lightning Buff.

Which I guess is fine, since Faith technically can use Lightning, Blessed, and Dark elemental types, and one of those two weapons will be your Lightning one.

I just have to decide which one's gonna do the heavy lifting

Remember that you get 1.5x str when using two hands with a weapon. So you really only need 16str/dex, as long as you don't mind not using a shield with it.

e:
    Also for anyone agonizing over starting class choice, Knight or Pyromancer are statistically slightly better than the others, due to the less points in luck.

Morkath on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I'm looking forward to discovering if the club continues to be the best Souls game weapon

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Deprived is the best

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    I bet I'll forget about the profanity filter in character names again and realize too late that nobody wants to summon a phantom named "**ly K***ht"

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    i hope filter doesn't ruin my old standby "fartorias"

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I'll probably go warrior or knight. Most likely warrior.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Seek strength. The rest will follow.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    There is no path.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    i think i'm gonna go dex and get a lance or spear. i heard someone use the phrase "tornado spear" as a description of a weapon so i'm fucking in

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    No midnight release?

Rabble rabble rabble

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Oh wait, I remembered that the shortbow plays like Simon's Bowblade, hm.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    still stuck on preloading
    hmmmmm

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Barcardi wrote: »
    still stuck on preloading
    hmmmmm

dark souls 3 releases April 12, not April 11

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    stuck in what sense? The preload button just stays until the game unlocks tomorrow even after you finish downloading the preload file.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    bad post on my part. I meant to say that my preload keeps freezing and not preloading. Kinda annoying.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    A poster on Reddit says NPC invaders drop good stuff, so stay embered as much as possible.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    hmm

my calendar at work is completely clear tomorrow... very very interesting....

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    hmm

my calendar at work is completely clear tomorrow... very very interesting....

Callin up the boss sayin you're runnin a temperature like your covered in cinders and puked so much you're practically hollow.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    At least it'll be done unpacking and ready to go by the time I get home tonight

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    The console broliteriate must wait until tomorrow :?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Gonna get Moonlight Greatsword. I don't even care if it's good, the weapon is too beautiful to not have.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK3hglk-0dk
    Here's Giant Bomb's Quick Look

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.