As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DARK SOULS 3] Everything ends.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    ok, in order to save
    greirat
    I need to not talk to sieggy in the kitchen, kill the pontiff, then go back to the kitchen and talk to him right?

Actually I just did this.
    As long as siegward is in the kitchen when you send greirat to irythill it should be fine? I think you have to kill the pontiff in a certain time frame though maybe?

I know I talked to siegward and killed the pontiff after sending him out, and then went back to firelink and he was there.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    ok, in order to save
    greirat
    I need to not talk to sieggy in the kitchen, kill the pontiff, then go back to the kitchen and talk to him right?

NOOOOOOOO
    Technically it depends on some shit with Patches, but if you have found Siegward in the kitchen you need to talk to him a bunch and get Emit Force + a gesture AND the first boss you kill after sending Greirat to Irithyll has to be the Pontiff, so don't you dare wander off to Smouldering Lake or the Dungeons.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I still haven't had Patches show up.
    poor Siggy.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    poor Siggy.

Buy the tower key, go up there

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The fucking road of sacrifices might be what breaks me

• Options
    poor Siggy.

I already did that. Maybe I did it too early?

• Options
    poor Siggy.

I already did that. Maybe I did it too early?

What probably happened is that you didn't hear Patches close the door behind you, so you didn't ride the elevator back up and talk to him, thus Patches has gone to his next encounter (and will never appear in Firelink).

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    There's definitely times when you can go to the tower and Patches won't appear at all. I went back there after dealing with him in the Cathedral and he locked me in, despite me having already gone up there.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Greirat
    Just confirm Siggy's in the kitchen, and don't go to Irythill dungeon, since that triggers his movement there.

After you confirm he's there, go send Greirat out to pillage, kill a boss(Most likley Pontiff) and Greirat will be alive and well.

• Options
    Bummer. I'll be more careful next time through, probably using a guide so as to see more side quests.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    The fucking road of sacrifices might be what breaks me

Jolly co-op, bud

Also, it's a really great idea to go through areas as a white phantom. There's no real risk that way. I got lost a lot in the road of sacrifice area, and going through it as a phantom is how I figured it out.

Be a good phantom though, if you're a friendly one. Stay with your host.

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Someone tell me how to make a good sorcerer. I made it past the tutorial and now everything takes a ton of magic to kill. I basically have to use the heavy magic arrow on everything which drains fp super fast.

sorcery is incredibly weak until you get your int well past 30, and offensive miracles are even worse

if you want to be a sorcerer, you're basically stuck with using weapons or pyromancy until you've leveled up int enough to make it worthwhile

if you want to try pyromancy, the pyro trainer is in the undead settlement, in a cage on a ledge by some firebomb-throwers

• Options
    there are so many times I've hit a dude from behind and not gotten the crit
    is there just a really small window for that?

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

there's a sweet spot and some enemies can't be backstabbed

it can be kinda fickle sometimes

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Unless i'm sneaking up on a stationary enemy facing away from me I don't try to rely on backstabs at all. Most enemies turn around too fast for there to be more than a split second window where it'll work and I usually whiff it entirely.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

Pretty much, backstabs have a really, really small windup, but it is possible for something to move out of the way before the animation kicks in.

In Dark Souls 1 it was instantaneous, and in Dark Souls 2 it took about 1.5 billion years to execute.

This one is right in the middle, if leaning a little harder towards DS1.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Man, fuck these jailer guys. What a shitty enemy.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    DS1 update: Choice paralysis is kicking in, so many different areas I can go to. Decided to explore Firelink Shrine a bit instead, saw an interesting place to jump and finally found this nest you guys were talking about.
    So, we're back here huh? I got a nice ring and what I'm assuming is the key to that big painting, not sure if I should go back or throw myself against this Stray Demon some more. I keep dying in the initial fall and ensuing scramble; I guess I'm supposed to try and plunge attack him?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Man, fuck these jailer guys. What a shitty enemy.

There are ways of dealing with them.

Honestly you just have to be patient and not freak out

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    DS1 update: Choice paralysis is kicking in, so many different areas I can go to. Decided to explore Firelink Shrine a bit instead, saw an interesting place to jump and finally found this nest you guys were talking about.
    So, we're back here huh? I got a nice ring and what I'm assuming is the key to that big painting, not sure if I should go back or throw myself against this Stray Demon some more. I keep dying in the initial fall and ensuing scramble; I guess I'm supposed to try and plunge attack him?

Wait nest? What nest?

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Wait nest? What nest?
    Take the elevator going to the Undead Parish church, you can jump off onto a broken roof section soon after it starts going up. From there you can go right and make a tricky jump to a ramp that leads to some interesting stuff.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I still have yet to be summoned as a wolf guardian dude. Kind of a bummer.

I did go back and buy the onion knight armor
    And then I may have murdered Patches

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

pro DS1 stray demon tip

dodge with the sound of his AOE, not the animation.

For some reason the hitbox syncs with the sound and not the particle effect.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Anri and Horace are still at the halfway fortress.

Got them moved to Firelink.

Just going to follow a guide, I guess.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    oh geez
    i kept hearing the name smoldering lake but i never actually connected the name to what it would be when i got here. dang! dang dark souls

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I just invaded for real for the first time, geared up proper with the Thorns set in the Farron swamp. As soon as I showed up the host utterly abandoned their phantom who got leeched/stabbed to death, I caught up with the host on that long ladder trying to escape. I punched their ankles till they fell to their death.

I feel dirty and good. Is going for the bleed effect in PvP viable?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, I still hate these jailers.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The jailers are always awful. They ruin that entire zone.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    If there's one thing I can say about the jailers, it's that they certainly succeed in giving the area a unique feel.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Beat the Tree first time, beat the Deacons, err, not the 1st time. Now I'm legit unsure where to go.
    I've had a look around Crab City. I found the Farron Coal and a locked door to a Lizard, but no other exit apart from the one in Crystal Sage's boss room. I feel like I'm missing something in the Cathedral, because I raised a few barrier/walkway looking things, but can't get to them. There's a spot where it seems like I should be able to get to one, but I haven't found a lever to raise that one.

Hrmmm. Mmmm.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Ok I'm at the point where I'm sending greirat out for the second time.
    I already checked seigward is there. The guide I'm following is telling me to send patches after him. a) I dont see patches, where does he spawn in firelink? And B) I thought he wanted to kill greirat?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Ok I'm at the point where I'm sending greirat out for the second time.
    I already checked seigward is there. The guide I'm following is telling me to send patches after him. a) I dont see patches, where does he spawn in firelink? And B) I thought he wanted to kill greirat?
    If you've followed Seigward's quest and Seigward is in the kitchen of the Irithyll Castle, then you DO NOT want to send Patches anywhere (I don't think it's possible anyway, but just in case). Patches is only responsible for maybe saving Greirat if you've ignored Seigward.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Ok thanks!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    man the archdragon peak boss sure is bad

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I just invaded for real for the first time, geared up proper with the Thorns set in the Farron swamp. As soon as I showed up the host utterly abandoned their phantom who got leeched/stabbed to death, I caught up with the host on that long ladder trying to escape. I punched their ankles till they fell to their death.

I feel dirty and good. Is going for the bleed effect in PvP viable?

Man
    Nice

I just invaded and one my first one
    At the Crucifixion Woods

The red hilted halbred is neat
    I'm wondering how to infuse it

• Options
    haha this Fallen Knight armor is pretty rad

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    aw you can't use weapon buffs on any of the boss soul or twinkling titanite-upgrading weapons it seems like

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    man the archdragon peak boss sure is bad

NVM GOT EMMMMMMMM

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Someone tell me how to make a good sorcerer. I made it past the tutorial and now everything takes a ton of magic to kill. I basically have to use the heavy magic arrow on everything which drains fp super fast.

step one: never use soul arrow. throw that shit out right now. you want to use heavy soul arrow and when you can Great Heavy Soul Arrow. next, focus on Int, Attunement and dex, in roughly that order, buffing things to suit your needs as they come. upgrade your staff, the sorcerer staff is currently one of the best in the game until 50 int, it will do more damage if you reinforce it.

also, get a sword you cna use. i used the braod sword for a good while, it's real good. open up with heavy souls arrow, try to get a second oen in, and then finish the fight with the sword. repeat until you win. once you get great heavy soul arrow you basically don't need a new pve spell until new game plus, it's insane. Soul spear and crystal soul spear should probably do more damage, but the damage increase vs cost isn't really worth it in pve. so stick with that.

• Options
    edited April 2016

I won another one!

The Watchdogs are also a great distraction.

Am I doing this Twitter embedded thing correctly?

DouglasDanger on
This discussion has been closed.