As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DARK SOULS 3] Everything ends.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Melding wrote: »
    Someone tell me how to make a good sorcerer. I made it past the tutorial and now everything takes a ton of magic to kill. I basically have to use the heavy magic arrow on everything which drains fp super fast.

step one: never use soul arrow. throw that shit out right now. you want to use heavy soul arrow and when you can Great Heavy Soul Arrow. next, focus on Int, Attunement and dex, in roughly that order, buffing things to suit your needs as they come. upgrade your staff, the sorcerer staff is currently one of the best in the game until 50 int, it will do more damage if you reinforce it.

also, get a sword you cna use. i used the braod sword for a good while, it's real good. open up with heavy souls arrow, try to get a second oen in, and then finish the fight with the sword. repeat until you win. once you get great heavy soul arrow you basically don't need a new pve spell until new game plus, it's insane. Soul spear and crystal soul spear should probably do more damage, but the damage increase vs cost isn't really worth it in pve. so stick with that.

To add to this, an attunement of 24 gets you 4 slots and plenty of FP to with with, and 20 dex + Sage Ring lets you hit the casting speed cap (you need like 45 sec to hit it without the ring, abd even just with 12 Dex plus the ring I hardly ever have trouble getting a spell of in time), all of your other points should be in Int, with the occasional drop into vigor if you feel like you really need it. That said, I'd highly recommend getting your strength up to 11 while in the high wall since it lets you use the 100% physical block shield you can find there, as well as equip a decent sword. This is a huge help for when you're in a tight spot, having the ability to just block sometimes is great even for a caster.

From there just keep pumping int; I have 56 int at SL 60 and GHSA just melts things.

Edit: oh yeah, Magic Weapon and Greater Magic Weapon are great, slap them on raw infused weapon of choice and go to town.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i have 55 int at like, SL120, you really don't need much more than that, after a certain point being able to take a single hit is more important, and you got like 3 rings and a dagger that buff your damage so yeah you CAN get more, but is it worth it?

• Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    haha this Fallen Knight armor is pretty rad

except for the poo pants

• Options
    EvilCake wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    haha this Fallen Knight armor is pretty rad

except for the poo pants

but that's why you have the nameless or elite knight pants.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    i have 55 int at like, SL120, you really don't need much more than that, after a certain point being able to take a single hit is more important, and you got like 3 rings and a dagger that buff your damage so yeah you CAN get more, but is it worth it?

Don't forget the hat.

I want to say you're looking at Dusk Crown, Dusk Crown Ring, Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring, Magic Clutch Ring, Young Dragon Ring? Maximum ammo and damage. And complete glass cannon mode (you're going to take so much damage from magic that way)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    At first I was miffed about the dusk crown being crooked, but after wearing it for so long it's kind of grown on me. I also appreciate that you don't have to wear the full set to get the buff. The dress is cool and all but I like to change it up every now and then without sacrificing dat damage. Currently rocking the Painter Guardian top with the Pontiff Knight leggings and looking hella stylish.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Finally found the Farron Keep bonfire.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    just lmao if you don't wear the big hat

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The host, a white phantom, a gold phantom, a Watchdoge, and moi

And the giant crabs

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Don't forget the hat.

I want to say you're looking at Dusk Crown, Dusk Crown Ring, Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring, Magic Clutch Ring, Young Dragon Ring? Maximum ammo and damage. And complete glass cannon mode (you're going to take so much damage from magic that way)

the young dragon and bellowing dragons ring stack, then the crown the scholar's chandle stick with 55 int and the court sorcerer's staff i am doing a lot of damage. magic clutch ring would help but i would rather be able to take a hit instead of another boost

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    So uhh Faith doesn't seem very good in this game. Or at least I'm not finding any weapons that scale with it. Maybe I'll respec. Is that going to piss off any npc's?

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Someone tell me how to make a good sorcerer. I made it past the tutorial and now everything takes a ton of magic to kill. I basically have to use the heavy magic arrow on everything which drains fp super fast.

step one: never use soul arrow. throw that shit out right now. you want to use heavy soul arrow and when you can Great Heavy Soul Arrow. next, focus on Int, Attunement and dex, in roughly that order, buffing things to suit your needs as they come. upgrade your staff, the sorcerer staff is currently one of the best in the game until 50 int, it will do more damage if you reinforce it.

also, get a sword you cna use. i used the braod sword for a good while, it's real good. open up with heavy souls arrow, try to get a second oen in, and then finish the fight with the sword. repeat until you win. once you get great heavy soul arrow you basically don't need a new pve spell until new game plus, it's insane. Soul spear and crystal soul spear should probably do more damage, but the damage increase vs cost isn't really worth it in pve. so stick with that.

To add to this, an attunement of 24 gets you 4 slots and plenty of FP to with with, and 20 dex + Sage Ring lets you hit the casting speed cap (you need like 45 sec to hit it without the ring, abd even just with 12 Dex plus the ring I hardly ever have trouble getting a spell of in time), all of your other points should be in Int, with the occasional drop into vigor if you feel like you really need it. That said, I'd highly recommend getting your strength up to 11 while in the high wall since it lets you use the 100% physical block shield you can find there, as well as equip a decent sword. This is a huge help for when you're in a tight spot, having the ability to just block sometimes is great even for a caster.

From there just keep pumping int; I have 56 int at SL 60 and GHSA just melts things.

Edit: oh yeah, Magic Weapon and Greater Magic Weapon are great, slap them on raw infused weapon of choice and go to town.

Don't go past 60 int, the scaling turns complete shit after that.

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    just lmao if you don't wear the big hat

Everybody wears the big hat though, and that's like 10k souls I could be using to pump my int to absurd levels for no practical reason

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    What are all the items that stack up damage for pyromancies? I know the Witch's Ring and the Great Swamp ring, and ... that might be it. The Dragoncrest rings are just for sorceries now, right? I guess Dusk's crown would still work

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    So uhh Faith doesn't seem very good in this game. Or at least I'm not finding any weapons that scale with it. Maybe I'll respec. Is that going to piss off any npc's?

astora straight sword

also blessed weapon infusion

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YitZ4JYZG6g

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    the big had has a big dumb skull on it. fuck that hat.

• Options

no FUCK YOU

• Options
    Morkath wrote: »

Yeah, that's what I heard. I'm planning on getting to 60 Int, then bumping my Dex up a bit, then probably endurance so I can spam Farron Flashsword more.

Or at least, that's the plan for when I finally get back to DS3, DS1 is kind of consuming my soul right now.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options

no FUCK YOU

being told fuck you by pip, finally i can become one of the cool kids.

• Options

no FUCK YOU

being told fuck you by pip, finally i can become one of the cool kids.

I am like 900% sure I cursed everyone out at least once in DDO

virgil mostly though

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I kinda want to try a Dex/Luck/Bleed build.

broken image link
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Wearing the big hat is funny but I can't maintain it, it is too big, its largeness gives me anxiety

• Options
    Morkath wrote: »

Yeah, that's what I heard. I'm planning on getting to 60 Int, then bumping my Dex up a bit, then probably endurance so I can spam Farron Flashsword more.

Or at least, that's the plan for when I finally get back to DS3, DS1 is kind of consuming my soul right now.

Make sure you get the hp stat up to 27, gets you to 1k hps.

Stamina I have found isn't super worth it, it takes so many points for very little actual gain. I got mine up to 35, and it switched my black knight axe from swinging twice to swinging twice and being able to roll twice.

If you have nothing else to put points into, go for it. But I would level it last.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I should probably stop fucking around with upgrading weapons and losing souls like crazy through invading and actually level up past 45 huh

• Options
    invading as a caster, is, something. when you hit, you hit, but getting the set up for that is hard.

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    I started a new character with the idea of going faith/strength, but like

the miracles I have access to dont seem all that good? Just some heals and a force miracle.

Is it worth sticking with this or are miracles just not all that great in this?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    as usual the offensive miracles show up later in the game and at much higher stat requirements than offensive sorceries and pyromancies

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Smoldering Lake question:
    I assume I'm supposed to turn off the big arrow death launchy thing. Or am I supposed to use it to kill the big lightning worm?

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I started as a Herald and went into Dex/Faith, with Str coming up afterwards to become more of a quality build. I never used any offensive miracles. Just heals, buffs, and the innate regen ability that chimes get that is crazy for keeping your health topped up during downtime without burning estus.

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    I do like some of the stuff that comes out of the pvp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7SAF-So9Pc

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Wearing the big hat is funny but I can't maintain it, it is too big, its largeness gives me anxiety

And you can't see shit in tight spaces

But I love it

• Options
    So, Patches:
    Is he just not going to show up for me? I met up with Siegward at the tower above the Road of Sacrifice, and he helped me kill a thing. Then, I went into the Firelink tower, and got all the stuff. The door wasn't shut on me. Then I went to the Cathedral for the first time, and he wasn't where he's supposed to be. I've been back to the firelink tower and he still hasn't turned up. Where are you, Patches?

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    So, Patches:
    Is he just not going to show up for me? I met up with Siegward at the tower above the Road of Sacrifice, and he helped me kill a thing. Then, I went into the Firelink tower, and got all the stuff. The door wasn't shut on me. Then I went to the Cathedral for the first time, and he wasn't where he's supposed to be. I've been back to the firelink tower and he still hasn't turned up. Where are you, Patches?
    If you can't find him in the Cathedral try killing the boss then going back to the firelink tower. I never saw him in the Cathedral at all before or after the boss kill but he still showed up to do his tower event thing.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Man Sorcerers get some kind of sick laser beam attack? That's really cool.

What does Lightning Stake look like? Is it the most metal miracle?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    So, Patches:
    If you can't find him in the Cathedral try killing the boss then going back to the firelink tower. I never saw him in the Cathedral at all before or after the boss kill but he still showed up to do his tower event thing.
    The Deacons are already super dead and he's still not showing up at the tower.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    So, Patches:
    for me seigward wasn't in the well at first, but when I came back to check it again later he was in there, and then patches locked me in the tower after that like he was supposed to. I don't think I had done the boss yet before he showed up in the well, I had just progressed further and unlocked some shortcuts.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Ceno wrote: »
    Smoldering Lake question:
    I assume I'm supposed to turn off the big arrow death launchy thing. Or am I supposed to use it to kill the big lightning worm?

Yes.

Also to the sorcery deathbeam, it does good damage. It eats like 120fp though per cast though. So not really worth it compared to GHSA.

Lightning stake is really good damage. But it is melee and kind of slow. Similar to the pyro one.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I kinda want to try a Dex/Luck/Bleed build.

Trust me, it's fun. my Dex/Luck character uses the Warden Twinblades and with the Carthus buff it bleeds another player with one L2->R2 combo.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    regarding smouldering lake,
    how many people found the secret back entrance to the ruins? I felt pretty clever for noticing that.

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.