As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fire Emblem Thread! Echoes may be a remake but hey lets use spoilers anyway

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Why is awakening still full priiiiiice

wanted to check it out but NOW I'm gonna have to check it out and be mildly, briefly annoyed also

Nintendo games never go on sale
    They go players choice if they sell over a million (and Nintendo feels like it)

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    The exp bonus let me finish maxing out my main team in the training tower while also finishing up the hunt for lvl 35+ armor foes. Which in turn lets me check out their IVs now. Looks like Camilla is +HP -SPD (barf), Nowi is +DEF -RES (ok to possibly good?), and Caeda is neutral all around.

I'm guessing Nowi is putting in a lot of work on the defensive side of arena, since I have something like 5 wins this season. But in terms of rewards I'm sitting at exactly 250 points, I need literally 1 more for the max feather reward...

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    The exp bonus let me finish maxing out my main team in the training tower while also finishing up the hunt for lvl 35+ armor foes. Which in turn lets me check out their IVs now. Looks like Camilla is +HP -SPD (barf), Nowi is +DEF -RES (ok to possibly good?), and Caeda is neutral all around.

I'm guessing Nowi is putting in a lot of work on the defensive side of arena, since I have something like 5 wins this season. But in terms of rewards I'm sitting at exactly 250 points, I need literally 1 more for the max feather reward...

IIRC defense points dont stack, it just takes your highest pointed win.
    Defense points are (presumably) earned by how badly your defense team beats the dude who attacked you.
    So you're not exactly just 1 point away if it makes you feel better, you'd need to win an indeterminable amount of defenses to get that 251+

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    it turns out they make Fire Emblem Nendos!

and for fates, they have...

F. Corrin, Elise, and Sakura

wow, what interesting choices

sure wouldn't have wanted them to choose interesting characters

(Effie plz)

I'm seeing a bit of a contradiction here.

(I kid, I kid.)

More seriously, though, non-Royals ladies in Fates don't have very good odds of merch, except maybe Oboro. With Effie down in the 140s for popularity, it's not likely she'll get stuff outside of everyone gets stuff mech like keychains.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I found a store that sells fates keychains but they're blind bag

And my chances of getting Effie are nicht so gut

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Ooh, we should get some anyway

I'd be cool with a keychain keaton

• Options
    Alright, we can head to the store whenever

I'm gonna get a Silas aren't I

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Don't you guys live together or something? Or are possibly literally joined at the hip? (I'm asking because you're doing the "you could just walk over and ask me" thing again.)

Gundi on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    We are currently on the same couch

talking is really hard

• Options
    edited February 2017
    These new quests are interesting.

But also wow, fuck the sword lunatic one
    "yeah just take a team of sword users (who afaik are always all red?) and go into a map where theres a 36 defense blue unit, and a blue mage, also the entire map forces you into tight chokepoints behind breakable walls."

I assume the others are even worse, but I didnt really feel like trying them because I have bad greens and I dont really really trust my blue squad either.

EDIT: I tried the blue one because I had leftover stamina. They want you to kill Hector, with blue lance users.
    What the shit fire emblem.

Zenyatoo on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My brother complains about Donnel being a tool and dying far too easily
    I told him let him finish off a few level up and you have a non stop killing machine
    But he benched him

• Options
    THe quests gave me enough orbs to do another 5pull
    after the 4 3* in a row I was getting kiiiinda mad

Then suddenly on the green orb... a cutscene!!!!
    It was camilla!

Oh, she's 4*

Fuck all things.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I've now pulled from the new banner twice and got a pair of 5 stars, both of which come with 20 great badges basically for free.

Feeling good

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I found a store that sells fates keychains but they're blind bag

And my chances of getting Effie are nicht so gut

Inquiring minds: what store? Or what kind of store if it's not a big chain? (ie. if I were interested should I be looking for them in a gaming store or a comic book place or a Hot Topic...?)

Also, I got back into my Revelations play through (having abandoned it when Pokemon Sun came out) and was messing around in the accessory shop. And Effie happened to be between Fuga and Benoît and she is just so tiny in comparison. I guess she's actually the average height model for women in the game, but it was still kind of funny. Or more that I didn't realise Fuga and Benoît are giants.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    it's a store that sells imported japanese fan merch.

I'm trying to find them online, but all I'm finding are the fancier ones that cost a ton. The ones I'm thinking of are palstic keychains with the art of the characters from the game inside

• Options
    Oh, I thought we were talking the ones that actually have little vinyl characters

(posted from the laundromat, so I actually can't just tell him this in person for another ten minutes at least)

• Options
    no, to be honest the keychains aren't actually all that great

but I don't know of any other merch with Effie

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I got a 4 Star Raven

I think Raven might have my favorite art/design in the game? Dude looks dope

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Spent some orbs and pulled Ephraim (-HP +SPD). I've heard the new characters weren't necessarily that great, and though I never actually looked at them in depth I've gotta say he seems reasonable enough. Between his weapon giving +3 attack to adjacent allies at start of turn and his numerous abilities to lower def, he helps any team pump out some damage. Seriously though, dude hates his opponent's defense stat: his special ignores 30% of it and he has both Seal Def AND Threaten Def. I guess the fact debuffs don't stack is what holds him back, but I'll probably try him out sometime or another once he's leveled.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Spent some orbs and pulled Ephraim (-HP +SPD). I've heard the new characters weren't necessarily that great, and though I never actually looked at them in depth I've gotta say he seems reasonable enough. Between his weapon giving +3 attack to adjacent allies at start of turn and his numerous abilities to lower def, he helps any team pump out some damage. Seriously though, dude hates his opponent's defense stat: his special ignores 30% of it and he has both Seal Def AND Threaten Def. I guess the fact debuffs don't stack is what holds him back, but I'll probably try him out sometime or another once he's leveled.

He's also slow. You've got one with a speed buff, so he isn't quite as badly off, but he's going to get doubled most of the time, and his defenses aren't good enough to make up for that, especially considering a lot of units get speed boosts at low health and he doesn't. He's got nothing to use against Hector or Takumi, and his utility boost from his spear is weaker than Spur Attack 3, so he's getting outperformed there too.

He's not bad, but he's also not much of a gamechanger, even in a spear light environment.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Also Sharena is way better than him

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    people are very mean to me online because I pulled a 5 star takumi earlier :(

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I have two 5* Takumis.

I'm only using one.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    They are just jealous of your wonderful bow child

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I just pulled a second 5* Camilla

Sadly she is not as good as my -HP/+Atk one

• Options
    I still only ever got 2 5*'s and i've now used over 240 orbs for summoning.

I'm incredibly salty 24/7.

• Options
    Not every unit is gonna be a Takumi (and even those blatantly OP units still have some weaknesses). His spear is weaker than Spur Attack 3, but then he also has Threaten Def so at ideal times it does actually outperform it. Whether or not Sharena could be better I dunno, but I'm sure as hell not dropping the 22,000+ feathers to get her to 5 stars anytime soon.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I only have 5* Takumi and 5* Tiki, but they're both...pretty good

I've got four star Hector and Boy Robin and probably some other good 'uns that are going to make it hard to decide what to boost to five stars when I have enough feathers and badges in like three weeks

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I'm replaying Awakening, this time with Lady Robin

Haven't decided on any pairings yet

Leaning towards Chrom/Sully

That's @Moriveth 's favourite pairing!
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    I'm seeing a bit of a contradiction here.

(I kid, I kid.)

More seriously, though, non-Royals ladies in Fates don't have very good odds of merch, except maybe Oboro. With Effie down in the 140s for popularity, it's not likely she'll get stuff outside of everyone gets stuff mech like keychains.

I've been really enjoying liking the popular characters in a game for once; I've been finding plenty of merchandise for them for the first time in my life.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I thought Hector was only 5 star

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    How can you check the "Nature" of your heroes?

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    Snowbear wrote: »

Level 1 stats is the easiest way

Some stats will be either 1 higher or lower than their base, and at 40 those differences will increase to 3 points

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

Some stats will be either 1 higher or lower than their base, and at 40 those differences will increase to 3 points

If you go to advanced potential and choose the upgrade option, then tap a dude, tap the confirm etc.
    It takes you to the window that's like "Do you really really want to upgrade this person?"

and that window shows you their stats at level 1. So even if your dude is like, 37 3star you can check it.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »

If you go to advanced potential and choose the upgrade option, then tap a dude, tap the confirm etc.
    It takes you to the window that's like "Do you really really want to upgrade this person?"

and that window shows you their stats at level 1. So even if your dude is like, 37 3star you can check it.

my issue with this has been that the attack options seem way off. My 4* sully would go to level 1 5* with 16 atk. But the only option for that is like, 6-7-8?

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    cursedking wrote: »

my issue with this has been that the attack options seem way off. My 4* sully would go to level 1 5* with 16 atk. But the only option for that is like, 6-7-8?

Take the weapon stats out

• Options
    cursedking wrote: »

Take the weapon stats out

you also need to adjust for skills and such too.
    Brave weapons constantly trip me up as well because they're -5speed and that also is represented.

• Options
    Doing the bits I can for the mastery quest and my weak ass axe users are really letting me down on the fifth stratum quest

Theoretically they could get the job done if the stratum rolls low but if I get a single heavy armor unit I'm boned so I guess I gotta grind up bartre so he can have hammer

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I don't know how much I care about any of the quests that aren't orbs at this point

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Orbs and feathers are all that matter

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    I don't know how much I care about any of the quests that aren't orbs at this point

the fifth stratum ones are for 1500 gems and its pretty easy but yeah I'm not bothering with the lunatic ones

2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.