As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fire Emblem Thread! Echoes may be a remake but hey lets use spoilers anyway

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Triangle Adept Robin cleaned the fuck up

Easiest great hero map so far

Guess I'll wait to see Navarre's final stats but he sure doesn't seem all that great.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    42 HP
    39 ATK
    37 SPD
    23 DEF
    28 RES

at 5 stars and level 40 with his Killing Edge+

Nothing special sadly, especially since you can't get a good IV on him.

He has really good skills though without requiring inheritance.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Did a pull on the Navarre banner and ended up with a 5* Jaffar (+RES -SPD) instead of a Kagero. Better than nothing I guess?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Not a fan of this switch from daily orbs to daily stamina potions

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    yeah that one was pretty easy overall

used 4* blue corrin (can tank navarre, debuffs), olivia (dances, doesn't get immediately murdered by the axeguy), lissa and 5* blue robin

the end was pretty goofy though, olivia and and the axe guy got into a serious stalemate and robin had to take a forest hike to nuke the healer

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Not a fan of this switch from daily orbs to daily stamina potions

A large incentive to log in regularly has gone, for me.

I'm frustrated by the slow support growths in FE7.

I read they were slow. I read they were limited. That's fine, I thought. I'll just concentrate on unlocking one set of supports for a limited party. I concentrated on just four couples. I thought I was being realistic.

Nope. I paired units off as soon as I could (working on Eliwood/Ninian and Hector/Lyn for the additional scenes) and still failed. By the time Ninian left the party, I hadn't even unlocked C-rank with Eliwood. I've been carefully keeping Hector/Lyn by each other sides since the first available opportunity, and I'm on chapter 30 and just unlocked B-rank. Oh well.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    When I want to get supports in FE7 or FE8 I'll find a safe spot and just end turn, like... 30 times. Maybe a million times.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Yeah in FE7 some conversations require literally hundreds of turns of units standing standing next to each other and you will almost certainly not unlock them just playing naturally

The best way is to clear out a sieze map (or a defeat all map where you have an enemy archer safely corralled) and just park the desired units next to each other and repeatedly end the turn until the conversation option shows up

Eliwood and Ninian has relatively low requirements but because its turns ended while adjacent and not just actions taken while adjacent it can be easy to miss the mark in the course of normal play

edit so Eliwood and Ninian C rank takes 17 turns, B rank an additional 16 (33 total) and A rank takes another 16 (39 total)

On the other hand Hector and Serra takes 226 total (66 + 80 +80) so it can get a little nuts

edit edit and the limit of 5 total supports per character makes things harder too, whether thats 5 rank C or one rank A with one rank B once you hit 5 total that unit is stuck forever unloved

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Eliwood and Ninian has relatively low requirements but because its turns ended while adjacent and not just actions taken while adjacent it can be easy to miss the mark in the course of normal play

Yeah I read about the 'ending turn while adjacent' requirement yesterday and that is what most certainly screwed me because I'd often use Ninian to give Eliwood an extra turn, duh. Fortunately it's not too late to save Hector/Lyn!

I've heard a lot of criticisms of the characters of FE7, but I've found them all rather likable myself, and I especially appreciate the older characters (Pent/Louise/Canas, etc.)

• Options
    Janson wrote: »

Yeah I read about the 'ending turn while adjacent' requirement yesterday and that is what most certainly screwed me because I'd often use Ninian to give Eliwood an extra turn, duh. Fortunately it's not too late to save Hector/Lyn!

I've heard a lot of criticisms of the characters of FE7, but I've found them all rather likable myself, and I especially appreciate the older characters (Pent/Louise/Canas, etc.)

Huh are the characters in FE7 considered bad? I've always liked most of them

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I'm frustrated by the slow support growths in FE7.

I read they were slow. I read they were limited. That's fine, I thought. I'll just concentrate on unlocking one set of supports for a limited party. I concentrated on just four couples. I thought I was being realistic.

Nope. I paired units off as soon as I could (working on Eliwood/Ninian and Hector/Lyn for the additional scenes) and still failed. By the time Ninian left the party, I hadn't even unlocked C-rank with Eliwood. I've been carefully keeping Hector/Lyn by each other sides since the first available opportunity, and I'm on chapter 30 and just unlocked B-rank. Oh well.

you're not alone on this, i saw maybe two conversations when i first played that game and i had no idea what they were or what made them happen?

it's really weird they never talk about it during the tutorial chapters

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

Huh are the characters in FE7 considered bad? I've always liked most of them

Lyn and Hector alone are still more popular than virtually any other Fire Emblem characters. Even dudes like Ike are popular just cause Smash.

Pretty sure Lucina was the first character to even be able to claim she's in thier tier.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Ike isn't from 7 though

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    Ike isn't from 7 though

No, Ike is from Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn which is ninth and tenth respectively. The Gamecube/Wii ones.

• Options
    Camilla is off to a good start, 250mil to Hinokas 39mil

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    so i'm assuming most people already realized this (its in the fine print of the event), but i missed it and am kicking myself, so i figured i'd share

selecting the hero you are fighting for (so for most of us, camilla), as your unit to fight with in the gauntlet 3v3s will get you 10% more score

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Speaking of which, how did the people who picked Camilla do feather wise?

I picked Beruka and played maybe 3 matches and got 1300 feathers for rank alone.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    I used all my flags and got 1300 for rank and 500 for winning yeah

Also got a 5* effie so I guess I'm not allowed to complain about pulls anymore

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Oh and there is a special bonus today, in case anybody hadn't logged in already
    Veevee wrote: »
    Holy Crap, those are some log in bonuses

3r62lpitw7y1.jpg

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Ahaha what? I spent my remaining ~40 orbs chasing Effie again on the new banner, and ended up with -RES/+DEF Ryoma (somehow) and 5* -DEF/+SPD Nowi. So...I suddenly have a melee/ranged counterattacker of every color.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    wait is there a new Effie banner

EFFIE I'M COMING

• Options
    edited April 2017
    i hope they start making the other stuff like the mini-campaigns soon because i'm already really tired of these voting gauntlets

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    I decided to just delete every sword lord person from my friends list so I could stop getting teams of double lucinas and my sad little ninian

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Finally got Spring Camilla. Only spring summon I'm missing is Xander but I don't really care.

Now I can do Flyer Emblem with Caeda/S Cammy/Reg Cammy/Hinoka.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    My very first 5* was Effie, so the game has told me in no uncertain terms that I used all my luck early. Now I get Sword Lords. Nothing but Sword Lords. No Lucina though, so second rate Sword Lords. Lower case sword lords.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Hero Merit:
    -During battle, each Hero will earn Hero Merit. Once you save up 500 Hero Merit, you'll earn 500 Hero Feathers. After your heroes earn enough HM, visit the home screen and they'll give you your Hero Feathers.

-You can earn up to 2,000 HM max per Hero (duplicate characters are treated the same).

-You can check a character's HM on the Hero's status screen.

-Stronger maps give more HM.

New Game Modes: Coming in the later half of April.

Sacred Seals:

-Earned through special quests.

-Equipped by selecting Allies then selecting Sacred Seals. Go in Skill Slot S.

-You can't have duplicates of the same Sacred Seal. Duplicates will be converted into Hero Feathers automatically.

-Sacred Seals are planned to be added gradually over time.

Swap Positions:

-You can now swap units' positions before a battle begins.

Other changes:

-2x orbs login for 17 days

-Merged allies will now be able to inherit skills that were previously inherited.

-Arena matches are now determined by the following:

1.) Character levels and their rarity

2.) Number of bonuses gained by using Merge Allies

3.) Total base stats after removing the effects of all skills, including Weapon skills

4.) Equipped skills

"Additionally, this will also slighly increase the score you can obtain on all difficulty settings.

-Tap on a Bonus Character in the Arena to get their description.

-Daily notifications only appear once a day.

-Allies that are 4 star or lower will earn more EXP.

-Max stamina increased to 99.

-Orbs and Stamina Potions restore 99 stamina.

-Complete Purchase button added when buying orbs.

-Heroes no longer flinch when taking 0 damage.

-More information added to Defense Results in the Arena.

-Hero Merit List added to the Misc. tab.

-Story maps now have a check mark indicating that all maps have been completed

So now you can learn skills on a lower level character and then have a higher level unit inherit the skill directly rather than trying to ration out SP if I'm reading that correctly.

Also 20 orb log in bonus, 5 of every greater emblem colour and 5000 xp crystals plus 2 orb log in bonus per day for the rest of the month.

Edit: New quests: Sacred Seals

Defeat an enemy: HP +3 S-Skill Seal
    KO 5x Foes with Alphonse: Sophia 3 Star
    KO 5x Foes with Sharena: Stahl 3 Star
    KO 5x Foes with Anna: Niles 3 Star
    KO 5x Level 20+ Foe with Sophia: Att +1 S-Skill Seal
    KO 5x Level 20+ Foe with Stahl: Subaki 3 Star
    KO 5x Level 20+ Foe with Niles: Cecila 3 Star
    KO 5x Level 35+ Foe with Subaki: Spd +1 S-Skill Seal
    KO 5x Level 35+ Foe with Cecilia: 5 Orbs

Kelor on
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Learning skills immediately like that is from merging, not skill inheritance.

• Options
    Important note about swapping places: it isn't an automatic step like in the fire emblem games it is a button on the bottom bar by the weapon triangle you have to press after a map has loaded but before you move any unit

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    next banner has been spoiled and surprise! it's echoes

the way it's split, character-wise, makes me think there'll probably be a second banner from the game either next time, or in about a month and a half when it gets released in english

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Sword Lord, Lance Guy, Flying Lance Girl, Bow Girl so nothing too exciting unit wise for FE Heroes

I like all of their designs though

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I bought Birthright and just started chapter 7. Good so far!

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    Oh also Birthright is on sale this weekend if anyone was on the fence.

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    And a reminder that once you have one of the Fates games, the other two are half-price downloads.

@Satanic Jesus enjoy the game play and characters. Don't expect much out of the story and it won't let you down - though I think Birthright is the one that suffers the least (excepting that Xander is totally out of character compared to his supports).
    Sword Lord, Lance Guy, Flying Lance Girl, Bow Girl so nothing too exciting unit wise for FE Heroes

I like all of their designs though

It's very odd that they've chosen to make Faye a "Bow Girl" considering she can't wield bows in Echoes. (She's one of the starting villagers, and can only promote to Cavalier, Pegasus Knight, Cleric, or Mage. Presumably because they didn't want to make female models for Soldiers, Archers, or Mercenaries.)

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    So my current plan is to get back up to 20K feathers, promote my 4* Nino to 5*, then sac her to Bunny Cammy. Basic idea is to turn her into green Tharja. I already have the speed buff and moonbow on Cams.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    heroes continues to avoid giving me red units under any and all circumstances

when will my daughter Eirika come home from the war, to this war

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    heroes continues to avoid giving me red units under any and all circumstances

when will my daughter Eirika come home from the war, to this war

i can't seem to get away from the Red orbs.

sorry, Eirika is living with me, and it's making my quest for Ninian kinda uncomfortable?

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    While waiting for Echoes I've decided to do a new little playthrough of Conquest. Generic female Corrin, not using siblings, not doing any paralogues, and focusing on characters I didn't use much in my initial play (Jakob, Silas, Nyx, Arthur, Beruka). Some things I've noticed:

-The story feels... maybe not better, but more fitting for the main character to be Corrin and not a player insert. "Alden" (CQ), "Garnet" (BR), and "Marthusala" (Rev) I treated as player inserts, so their stupid actions were incredibly frustrating, I suppose, because the game was showing "me" doing things that were baffling. Now it's just Corrin being Corrin. It feels right.
    -This is the first time as a female Corrin and this definitely has made Camilla a bit less cringey. But more importantly, starting with Jakob instead of Felicia means I'm actually using Jakob and he has turned out to be one of my favourite characters. Felicia has a pretty boring clumsy gimmick going on - Jakob's king-of-the-jerks routine is much more entertaining.
    -Leaving Elise on the bench means Jakob is my only healer. Which means for the first time in a Fire Emblem game I am depending on vulneraries. It's changed the gameplay in an interesting way. (Though I'm at the point where Niles will be an Adventurer and Selena a Falconknight soon.)
    -Silas either has crazy growths or I'm getting super lucky, but he's been a monster. On the last chapter I did (the one with Shura) he strapped on an Effie backback and they held down the Eastern half of the ship while the rest of the team fought through the West.
    -Nyx makes little squeaking noises when she attacks. This hasn't stopped being odd to me.
    -This is the first time I'm really taking note of and utilising characters' personal skills. Beruka's +4 damage to enemies that can't fight back has made her a handaxe champion. Arthur... his personal skill (-5 dodge to self, -15 dodge to enemies) made me look up what dodge is, which I don't think I've ever seen explained in game. Turns out it's avoid but for critical hits. I had to restart a couple early chapters after he'd eaten a few, but pretty quickly got him a bronze axe and a goddess icon. I would have dropped him if I wasn't set on using him. On the other hand, now that he has a killer axe he's getting a little dangerous himself. (He'll never match my Revelations Rinkah though - she ended up a Beserker with Death Blow. With a killer axe she'd often go in on opponents with a 90%+ crit rate.)

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I got my first 5-Star pull since launch

It's Faye

she seems okay!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    There are new quests up, this time for flier units

at least none of them have an "all must survive" requirement so they should be doable

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Almost finished with Conquest.

It is jarring how different a character Xander is in Conquest compared to Birthright, particularly in regards to supports but even just in general.

While the premise and goal of Conquest's story is godawful, I feel the characters are much more interesting than Birthright's.

Odin and Ophelia's A-rank support was surprisingly touching.

Kelor on
This discussion has been closed.