As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What did I do to my throat?

GFishyGFishy Registered User regular
edited April 2016 in Help / Advice Forum
A few days ago I was sitting in a position where I believe I was slouched and head back with no or little support. In a movement I felt something, not a terrible amount of pain, but certainly discomfort.

A few days later and there is still some discomfort with swallowing and my voice has become hoarse. My throat is sore and tender to the touch under the Adams apple and pretty much centered in the windpipe area. No other symptoms and no pain in surrounding muscle or ligaments.

I am a bit hesitant as to whether I actually sprained or tore something assuming that's indeed what happened as I successfully got over a virus or cold a number of weeks ago which included a sore throat.

I suppose the question is, can anyone confirm whether its possible or likely to sprain/tear something in your throat tube?

GFishy on

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    It could be anything from muscular to glandular to an ulcer from acid reflux, to any number of a dozen things.

Well meaning internet hooligans can't diagnose potentially serious medical issues. Go to your GP and get it checked out.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    It could be anything from muscular to glandular to an ulcer from acid reflux, to any number of a dozen things.

Well meaning internet hooligans can't diagnose potentially serious medical issues. Go to your GP and get it checked out.
    Hell, even certified Doctors and Nurses can't diagnose potentially serious medical issues online, with no contact with you other than a vague layman's description of symptoms!

So yeah, go see a doctor.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Hell even most doctors and nurses will need a lot of diagnostics to even attempt to guess at what it might be.

So yeah, definitely go see your doctor.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me