As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Do you enjoy a good ol' Podcast with the boys?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    the scholar of the first edition includes the dlc

the dlc is good

Hm, maybe I will just wait for a steam sale or something, might be the cheapest way to actually get the DLC and I'd rather play it on PC anyway.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    is the next souls game going to be set in an underwater base

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    the DLC probably has some of the best-designed levels in the game

but i mean at the same time if you bounced off it, you bounced off it, so dropping that money isn't necessarily genius

I think I played DS2 for less than an hour total.

DS1 and DeS I played like, 80 hours each.

I just don't think I was in a Dark Souls mood when DS2 came out, which isn't really the game's fault.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    scholar of the first sin is basically the goty edition with all the dlc included

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Scholar of the First Sin is also, as far as I know, a total rebalance of the entire game?

Like, they changed a lot of stuff about a lot of the areas

People say it's way better, but I only ever played vanilla

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Scholar has a lot of npc phantoms

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    it also moved most of the heide knights so that they're actually at heide's tower of flame

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Scholar eventually made me personally rank the game as equal in quality and enjoyment to the first one. They are now essentially tied for my favorite game of all time.

• Options
    Oh my god this Demo Derby has a segment that is basically Jeff Gerstmann's Voice Acting Reel and it's wonderful

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I sure do!
    I was thinking about getting Dark Souls 1 but then Dragon's Dogma was on sale so I bought that. It is a pretty weird game.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    Kilroy wrote: »
    it was basically impossible to be unnoticed in my high school because I was in a class of 80 people who had been together since 7th grade

Yeah, that sounds pretty similar to my high school situation.

We had a graduating class of 62, I think?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I sure do!
    is the next souls game going to be set in an underwater base

BioSouls

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    xcom 2: terror from the souls

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

If you could go anywhere in time to live the rest of your life, where would you go? It probably depends on what you're looking for. Would you be looking to live in a time of relative peace, a time of great technological advancement, or simply a time where there wasn't some horrible plague killing off everybody you know and love? Doc Brown thought he had it all in the 1880s, but that period probably wouldn't be super awesome if you were a woman or a minority. Actually most time periods would be pretty bad in those circumstances. Not to mention that humans knew nothing about medicine and just generally not dying all the time until very recently. So obviously it's a difficult question with an unclear answer: when was the best time in human history to be alive? Hell, the answer might just be today. As in, whatever day you're reading this. This is the best day. To figure out this question, Jack O'Brien is first joined by Peter Stearns, author and professor at George Mason University to talk about the place of happiness in human history: which civilizations had it, which didn't, and when and where were they? Later, Jack talks about Cracked Podcast pet subject the Flynn Effect with none other than Jim Flynn, the guy who put his name on it. If every generation is getting slightly smarter than the last, how does that affect quality of life, and is there a limit to how smart humans can get?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    Oh god Arnie that was a BAD goof attempt

Everyone else was shocked

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Not my cuppa joe!
    Stilts wrote: »
    Kilroy wrote: »
    it was basically impossible to be unnoticed in my high school because I was in a class of 80 people who had been together since 7th grade

Yeah, that sounds pretty similar to my high school situation.

We had a graduating class of 62, I think?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    I had around a thousand in my graduating class, I think?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    I think my graduating class was 67? 60 something anyway.

This year should be the 10 year reunion, but I'm pretty sure I can count the members of my class that haven't moved far away pr are in prison on both hands.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Not my cuppa joe!
    Man, all y'all with your giant schools. I graduated with about 22 people and all but, like, 6 had been there since kindergarten. I have not spoken to most of them since graduation.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    My graduating class was like 180 people, which is pretty crazy considering the school had about 1000 kids from Prep>12 (that's 13 years of school).

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Not my cuppa joe!
    Blankzilla wrote: »

yeah i had about 550

the idea of a class of 30 people fascinates me

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I sure do!
    We had about a thousand total students in our school

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    So I'm digging through the We Hate Movies library and I'm really digging it, its a super fun show

They are grumpier than the Flophouse and also better at voices.

Eric is really fun, I still cannot distinguish the other two, though one of them occasionally sounds exactly like Jack Nicholson?!?

I just got up to their Mortal Kombat episodes and was very happy to learn that even they were not immune to the MK Movie Theme, a song that can literally get you pumped up for anything

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I sure do!

Baby, it's cold outside. I know you've got adventuring to do, but howsabout we sip on some steamy unknown liquid instead at the tavern? I hear there's an elf in a skimpy loincloth who sells sausages.

What's that? You need a goat? Alright, as long as you things legitimately!

We have a new episode of the adventures of our... less zealously evil half of the party? Also some weird goat related shit happens.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    So I'm digging through the We Hate Movies library and I'm really digging it, its a super fun show

Eric is really fun, I still cannot distinguish the other two, though one of them occasionally sounds exactly like Jack Nicholson?!?

I just got up to their Mortal Kombat episodes and was very happy to learn that even they were not immune to the MK Movie Theme, a song that can literally get you pumped up for anything

The tricky thing about learning who is who is that, while there are usually only three of them in any given episode, WHM is actually four people, with the only constant being the host, Andrew.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

yeah i had about 550

the idea of a class of 30 people fascinates me

My primary school had a leavers year of 5 people. Yes, five. I think there were less than 80 pupils total at that school over 6 year groups. Secondary was...in the region of 150 with 1200 or so total at the school I think.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I sure do!
    continuing to relisten to the adventure zone

I know they got a lot of shit for taking so long to think of the "correct" answer to stump hodgepodge but honestly griffin kinda railroaded them

Plenty of their solutions were perfectly legitimate and griffin basically just said "no that's stupid try again." Can Pan make a boulder so big he can't lift it, what is a question you don't know the answer to, and how many fingers am I holding up behind my back are all questions that a robot programmed with the sum total of human knowledge should be incapable of answering

Speed Racer on
  • Options

The tricky thing about learning who is who is that, while there are usually only three of them in any given episode, WHM is actually four people, with the only constant being the host, Andrew.

no cause Chris left

I know this because I could distinguish him

Andrew and...ssssteeeeve? I cannot tell apart

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    that's so weird to me

steve's was the voice I never had trouble recognizing

• Options

I know they got a lot of shit for taking so long to think of the "correct" answer to stump hodgepodge but honestly griffin kinda railroaded them

Plenty of their solutions were perfectly legitimate and griffin basically just said "no that's stupid try again." Can Pan make a boulder so big he can't lift it, what is a question you don't know the answer to, and how many fingers am I holding up behind my back are all questions that a robot programmed with the sum total of human knowledge should be incapable of answering

yeah that was very frustrating to me

especially since he usually seems to roll with creative solutions

• Options
    Not my cuppa joe!

The third one absolutely shouldn't count because the robot was given a believable enough amount of intelligence to know the difference between an immutable fact and an arbitrary one. The other two can also be very easily dismissed with paradox absorbing crumple zones.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    1. Yes
    2. What is the question you don't know the answer to
    3. As many as you choose to

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I sure do!
    1. Yes

that answer is invalid for 2 because if that is the case then hodgepodge does in fact know the answer to it

and for 3, if variables are acceptable answers then it's impossible to stump him. He could have just said "someone" when they asked who they worked for

• Options
    Watching the Nova Ops quick look

Maaaaaaan Starcraft 2's visuals look super dated now

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Watching the Nova Ops quick look

Maaaaaaan Starcraft 2's visuals look super dated now

It is a six year old engine at this point.

Blizzard just really isn't cut out for episodic game development at the rate they like to work at.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Not my cuppa joe!
    1. Yes

that answer is invalid for 2 because if that is the case then hodgepodge does in fact know the answer to it

and for 3, if variables are acceptable answers then it's impossible to stump him. He could have just said "someone" when they asked who they worked for

No, because they work for a specific person. That's a fixed, knowable thing. It's impossible to research what number I'm thinking of right now. It's not impossible to research who employs me. That's two different types of information.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I sure do!
    1. Yes

No, because they work for a specific person. That's a fixed, knowable thing. It's impossible to research what number I'm thinking of right now. It's not impossible to research who employs me. That's two different types of information.

Both facts are things that hodgepodge is incapable of researching

How many fingers Merle is holding up is an immutable fact that can be independently verified by taako and Magnus, and even if you wanted an unbiased sourace you could call in garyl

• Options
    Not my cuppa joe!
    1. Yes

Both facts are things that hodgepodge is incapable of researching

How many fingers Merle is holding up is an immutable fact that can be independently verified by taako and Magnus, and even if you wanted an unbiased sourace you could call in garyl

No, the difference is one is a fixed point of information that he only doesn't know because of a very special magic and the other is completely arbitrary. Hodgepodge didn't claim to be omniscient. He can't know information that is constantly changeable and did not claim to be able to. It's a completely different situation.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.