As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I've been having a lot of fun with BoarControl's tempo warrior so far this season, and I'm down to rank 9 without too much effort. (It's been linked earlier in the thread, but here it is again: https://manacrystals.com/deck_guides/223-tempo-warrior-rank-3-legend-multiple-top-100-finishes)

Ran into a murloc paladin a little while ago, and it was touch and go for most of the game until he decided to flood the board late:
    xh991xvm2axo.jpg

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Okay, I need help. Are there any mid-range/control/Reno/'Thun Paladin decks that work worth a damn in this meta? My brain isn't good with aggro, and all the decks I can find are aggro. Well, aside from a healadin deck that I'm horrible with.

And no, I don't have N'Zoth.

Anyone? Bueller?

C'Thun core runs 2 Beckoners, 2 Disciples, Brann, Twin Emps and C'Thun. 2 C'Thun's Chosen is also a great fit.
    Dragon runs 2 Dragonkin Sorcerer, 2 Consort, 2 Azure Drake, 2 Blackwing Corruptor, Ysera and Dragonlord.
    Standard midrange core is 2 Peacekeeper, 2 Truesilver, 2 Consecration, 2 Keeper of Uldaman, 1 Lay on Hands, Tirion. Equality is good too, but works best with Deathrattle decks.

I'd run Steward of Darkshire with Selfless Hero, Bilefin Tidehunter and Rallying Blade before transitioning into one of the above.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    played 2 games with tempo warrior (more to come) because I finally got tired of beast hunter not feeling great. and I can only play so many games of miracle rogue at a time. still yet to touch mage or pally so the gold grind is paused for a bit.

It was fun (deck was linked yesterday I think). but while it's this differentish tempo deck what I love about warrior is you can still just win because you're warrior. I beat a freeze mage in a tempo fashion (lethal the turn after they alex'd me) but I had the backup of hero powering possibly out of range and using armorsmith as a real threat. second game I beat a warrior the turn I was down to 1 health. the turns before that were very delicate and armor is why I won, really, this game more than the last.

so basically what I'm saying is "boy this tempo deck is fun when I win in control warrior ways".

edit-haha relinked 2 posts above this, perfect

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Oh boy. Another week, another RNG tavern brawl where I get fucked with unwinnable games just trying to get my pack. Thanks for the flock of Captain's Parrots! What's this? My opponent's third Gahz'rilla in one game?

Blizzard, please just disconnect me on turn 1 if you're going to make my game decided from the start. It would save us all a lot of time.

forty on
  • Options
    look if you can't win captain's parrot vs gahzrilla that's on you

• Options
    MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Just won a game with my c'thun druid. With savage roar :)

Still seeing new decks a lot. That is fun. Still losing a lot. That not so much. I guess the upside is I really built all the decks I'm playing myself. I've gotten greedy with my Druid. I need to fix the mana curve, but it's so hard.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Just won a game because my opponent Fireballed himself in the face 3 times with Yogg.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    A rogue getting doomhammer from undercity huckster is some serious bullshit

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    I really don't think that 4-2 divine shield cthun card is good at all. I always ping -trade something cheap into it and keep my momentum.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    I really don't think that 4-2 divine shield cthun card is good at all. I always ping -trade something cheap into it and keep my momentum.

soaking up two mana for hero power and a minion is a good tempo trade actually

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    gam3p0tgam3p0t Registered User regular

Its not good in and of itself; but I somewhat consider it a "win more" or I strictly play it for the buff without any expectation of it living past that turn. I agree that its not good; but I believe it can have some applications that are successful.

• Options

seems to me like a 1 of, only 2 if you need the cthun buff and can't fit it in elsewhere but I don't think it's particularly good either

I'm not seeing lots of lists that run the card that reshuffles cthun. that does make some sense but it's a shame as it's a cool card.

• Options

Going 1 for 1 is pretty good, as is slowing tempo by making you ping. It's not auto include but it's the first I'd add to flesh a deck out.

ladi.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

seems to me like a 1 of, only 2 if you need the cthun buff and can't fit it in elsewhere but I don't think it's particularly good either

I'm not seeing lots of lists that run the card that reshuffles cthun. that does make some sense but it's a shame as it's a cool card.
    I mean, usually if you play C'thun, and it doesn't win you the game, you fucked up, and are about to lose. It's a cool card, but it's only really good for the +2/2. I mean, it's stat-line is okay, but I've never seen a C'thun played that A: didn't win the game, or B: whiffed the kill and I end the game the next turn.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options

I run that card (1 of) and 2 ancient harbringers. It's won me some games where I've dropped c'thun on turn 8 or 9 to turn the game around and then can drop it later.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I lived the Ramp dream.

T3 Uprooted Ancient of War wins game on T6.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    my daily today is 5 tavern brawls

don't cry for me, i'm already dead

I would reroll this without a single moments hesitation

• Options
    heenato wrote: »

I mean, usually if you play C'thun, and it doesn't win you the game, you fucked up, and are about to lose. It's a cool card, but it's only really good for the +2/2. I mean, it's stat-line is okay, but I've never seen a C'thun played that A: didn't win the game, or B: whiffed the kill and I end the game the next turn.

I'm having good success with cthun / zoth deck. Cthun isn't the win condition nor is zoth. The midrange is good enough to win most games before 10. If it gets there though those two bad boys will either recover a lost game or outright win.

Last night on turn 9 into an empty board:
    Brann, Innervate, Innervate, zoth.

Created two Sylvanas, loot hoarder, cairne, darnasus for seven total bodies.

Enemy promptly conceded.
    This is the same cthun deck, mind you. ^^

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Shen wrote: »

Going 1 for 1 is pretty good, as is slowing tempo by making you ping. It's not auto include but it's the first I'd add to flesh a deck out.

My point is that 90% of the time my two or three drop is enough to trade into it with hero power, and then I can still drop another 2-3 drop and keep momentum. Instead of say having to use that board minion plus wrath to clear it (that makes it two for one).

It also dies horribly to disciple of cthun who is my second most common way of killing it after ping, with no trade necessary.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

I would reroll this without a single moments hesitation

I just finished mine (wich I got after a reroll). 10 games and like two hours. So not worth it!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    MadPen wrote: »

FTFY

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

Me too. Re-rolled it without a moment's hesitation.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    I get it Hearthstone. You want me to play Deathrattle Rogue. You're not even subtle about it anymore.

e7c8qngc92i4.jpg

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I got a Herald Valasgz

He seems pretty good. Don't really play Priest though

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Well as a reward for enduring the spiders I got a Prophet Velen in the pack. Had a bit of fun with it trying to put together OTK's. Seems to work surprisingly well against shaman so long as they can't burn you down.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    So demoralized right now. My divine aggro paladin deck is just not working out for me. I've resorted to zoo just so I can win some games tonight.

@GoodKingJayIII Here's Amnesiac's Aggro Pally that hit legend last night:
    egqvfed8qp92.gif

I don't have the Corrupted Nat but he has that instead of the Flame Juggler. He says the 2/4 body for 2 outweighs the chance for the card.

Also here's his Druid Ramp that went 8-1:
    ffnztjzn3f1p.gif

lwt1973 on
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    There was a hotfix today apparently:
    • Addressed an issue in the Blackrock Mountain adventure where Moira Bronzebeard would attack minions that do not have Taunt.
    • Addressed an issue where the interaction between Mad Scientist, SI Agent, and Mirror Entity was not resolving as intended.
    • Addressed an issue where the interaction between Wild Pyromancer and Haunted Creeper’s Deathrattle were not resolving as intended.
    • The reward cards Old Murk-Eye and Captain’s Parrot can now be crafted and disenchanted and can no longer be acquired through their respective Quests.
    • Addressed an issue where Ancient Harbinger would add 10-cost spells to the hand rather than 10-cost minions.
    • Addressed an issue where Forlorn Stalker was able to buff Deathrattle weapons in the hand rather than Deathrattle minions.
    • Addressed an issue where playing Cabal Shadow Priest while Brann Bronzebeard was in play alongside 5 other minions would destroy the stolen minion.
    • Addressed an issue where playing Forbidden Healing at 0 mana with Spell Power in play would cause it to deal damage.
    • (Mac) Addressed an issue where opening the friends list would cause a crash.

No word on fixing Scaled Nightmare though.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Just won a game because my opponent Fireballed himself in the face 3 times with Yogg.

You didn't win that game. YOGG won that game. He just allowed you into his glorious shadow.

• Options
    are the blackrock cards any good? I have one or two fights left but most of the League cards are underwhelming

• Options
    Shen wrote: »

My point is that 90% of the time my two or three drop is enough to trade into it with hero power, and then I can still drop another 2-3 drop and keep momentum. Instead of say having to use that board minion plus wrath to clear it (that makes it two for one).

It also dies horribly to disciple of cthun who is my second most common way of killing it after ping, with no trade necessary.

A 4 mana card trading with 4 mana isn't a big deal. A 4 mana card dying to 5 mana without trading is also not a big deal. If your turn 5 was putting a 2/1 on the board then that's hardly back breaking.

For example, Innervate + Mire Keeper on turn 2 for the ramp is a good play. It costs two cards and it dies to most 2 mana spells and 2 drops, but despite that it's still often worth doing.

ladi.png
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    So I started this hellgame over the weekend. I'm a sucker for some card games.

First off, thanks for the newbie guide in the OP!

I was gonna play through one of the solo adventures to get my bearings but that's a nogo. I've got 4 heroes to level 10 so far and can definitely tell which heroes I like. I haven't really gotten into customizing my decks or opening my packs yet since I'm still learning the flow.

Boy the matchmaker loves to throw you up against some experienced people though! Some games I have just no chance against the tidal wave of amazing cards I've never seen. I also play against a LOT of C'Thun decks. Only played against 1 nefarian though. Will report back once all heroes unlocked and I'm playing with more than the barest of bones cards.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Just got wrecked by a zoo running faceless shambler.... interesting tech.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    are the blackrock cards any good? I have one or two fights left but most of the League cards are underwhelming
    Thaurrisan, Imp Gang Boss, and Flamewaker are 3 of the best cards in the game. At the very least you should get the first wing for Emperor, he enables all kinds of stupid bullshit.

Coinage on
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    ToyD wrote: »

I was gonna play through one of the solo adventures to get my bearings but that's a nogo. I've got 4 heroes to level 10 so far and can definitely tell which heroes I like. I haven't really gotten into customizing my decks or opening my packs yet since I'm still learning the flow.

Boy the matchmaker loves to throw you up against some experienced people though! Some games I have just no chance against the tidal wave of amazing cards I've never seen. I also play against a LOT of C'Thun decks. Only played against 1 nefarian though. Will report back once all heroes unlocked and I'm playing with more than the barest of bones cards.

Casual matchmaking is random, Brawl matchmaking is random. Play ranked, your 25-21 journey should be a lot more controlled.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Thaurrisan, Imp Gang Boss, and Flamewaker are 3 of the best cards in the game. At the very least you should get the first wing for Emperor, he enables all kinds of stupid bullshit.

I'll probably just buy the stupid thing. way too much gold

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Handkor wrote: »
    ToyD wrote: »

Casual matchmaking is random, Brawl matchmaking is random. Play ranked, your 25-21 journey should be a lot more controlled.

To add to this, you'll sometimes wind up matched against an experienced player returning to the game for the expansion (like me) on the ladder in the sub-20 ranks but you're generally only going to find other players who are new or players who aren't new but are really, really bad there.

Casual on the other hand seems to go "Well this dude who's won 2 out of 4 games total and this guy who's won 5,000,000 out of 10,000,000 games played both have a 50% win rate so that's a good matchup."

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips! I didn't go ranked because I figured that sort of matchmaking was already done in the base game and ranked was a bit more hardcore.

Also, one thing about the starter decks, it is EASY to run out of cards. A fair percentage of games, by the time I'm at 10 mana I'm just playing whatever I draw next. This is doubly true if I'm playing someone that has shut me down and I have not specifically held back cards for the right opportunity. Def gonna customize in more draw card actions when I do that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Yes if you are constantly card starved then substitute in some extra card draws.

Which class are you focusing on?

• Options
    I haven't focused on anyone. I'm just playing them to level 10 to complete the starter decks at the moment. Really it's luck of the draw as some of the preset starters have some card draws in there and some, like the warlock, can draw more, but some, like the warrior or rogue, can quickly run out of cards with some bad draws and/or a good opponent burning through your minions and abilities.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Amnesiac was running this control variant of paladin
    kime wrote: »
    MadPen wrote: »

FTFY

Hey yo, just cuz you couldn't close out the game is no need to be upset at doomhammer! Doomhammer is used when you need to swat a mosquito. /swat

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
This discussion has been closed.