As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Office[chat]

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Coinage wrote: »

This is one of those stories where it's like, OK, he's not CRAZY, but he's definitely loony.

Or at least, ok he is going through some sort of mental issue, but it just so happens that the things he's saying are also true... but that doesn't magically make him logical, either.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Rumor is people doing VR demos at PAX are getting Pink Eye.
    :tell_me_more:

What monster farts in a VR machine

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    http://lostmediawiki.com/The_Sad_Story_of_Henry_(1953_Live_"The_Railway_Series"_BBC_Broadcast)

So they tried broadcasting a Thomas the Tank Engine (or The Railway Series properly) story live in the 1950's and it appears to have been a fiasco

I want to see it

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Does armor beard stack with pocket protector + 1 and a wristbrace of armor?

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Does armor beard stack with pocket protector + 1 and a wristbrace of armor?

Also +1 Fedora of Chivalry

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    What's Halo in this context?

It's a brand name for a dermatological laser that's used to reduce the appearance of scars, pores, and wrinkles, and can smooth out discolorations in skin

mostly, I have pores that I want to shrink

You need to do what will make you happy. But you look good from the pictures I've seen!

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    i'm always very concerned that i might accidentally my whole life

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    What's Halo in this context?

High Altitude Low Orbit

• Options
    2009 me with my handle of SJ hidden under my desk at home "I hope this doesn't make me an alcoholic"

Current me "HEY BUDDY GUESS WHAAAAT"

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Harsh? Harsh? The smell that permeated the show floor, a place already more akin to an orcish spawning pit than a technology showcase, was harsh. I speak of justice.

When I went in the bathroom at pax south in January I had never smelled something so vile and horrific

Not joking for effect

And I've been to 2000 person magic tournaments. I don't know what the fuck was going on with people's guts but it was epic.

• Options
    Harsh? Harsh? The smell that permeated the show floor, a place already more akin to an orcish spawning pit than a technology showcase, was harsh. I speak of justice.

When I went in the bathroom at pax south in January I had never smelled something so vile and horrific

Not joking for effect

And I've been to 2000 person magic tournaments. I don't know what the fuck was going on with people's guts but it was epic.

It's the Doritos and mountain dew

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Pax bathrooms horrify me. I am not to worried about the pink eye. My dude cleaned my headset and controller with disinfectant before I put it on. I watched him do it. Also it could of been one of like 20 booths. So much vr.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    2009 me with my handle of SJ hidden under my desk at home "I hope this doesn't make me an alcoholic"

You're an alcoholic?? That's too bad :(

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    [chat]!

We will be coming to you LIVE! from French Guyana in ~11 minutes, for the launch of a Soyuz out of the Guiana Space Center!

Today's payload is a Sentinel-1B Satellite into Low Earth Orbit, along with a bunch of secondary payloads! Total mass to LEO is 3099kg.

Launch is scheduled 5:02pm on the East Coast (2:02pm on the West, 21:02 UTC)!

• Options
    I played the virtual boy. I find it hard to believe we could top that.

• Options

Not joking for effect

This may be the one thing that could keep me from going to a PAX or ComicCon.

Eau de Nerd is awful

• Options
    Narwhal, one of these agencies should hire you as a public relations guy.

• Options

You know, all things considered it could be worse. I could have gone on longer with it and ended up with a DUI or killing myself or someone. I've met some amazing peeps in AA in the last three months so for all the stupid shit that happened I'm actually thankful for it.

• Options
    http://youtu.be/lN-rVlMIJZs

I love this guy after his division review @Organichu posted

• Options

You know, all things considered it could be worse. I could have gone on longer with it and ended up with a DUI or killing myself or someone. I've met some amazing peeps in AA in the last three months so for all the stupid shit that happened I'm actually thankful for it.

That is good. Good for you.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    hello land fish

Hey nerd

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I really dislike dunkey

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    Narwhal, one of these agencies should hire you as a public relations guy.

SpaceX or bust tho

I'm really phoning it in for the other guys :P

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I played the virtual boy. I find it hard to believe we could top that.

Jeff from Giant Bomb played a Virtual Boy emulator on his Occulus

• Options
    You guys will like this launch tho

Soyuz, old school, reliable, does a cool thing with boosters

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Alright, stellaris laptop is on its way.
    Hopefully the buyers remorse fades by the time the Broman empire is conquering the stars.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Do they have an assembly line somewhere for those?

They seem to really crank them out.

rockrnger on
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

I am glad it's going well for you! AA isn't really my thing, but it does help lots and lots of people!

• Options
    lol never mind, launch held once again due to technical difficulties with the rocket

So scratch that reliability comment >_>

• Options
    rockrnger wrote: »

Do they have an assembly line somewhere for those?

They seem to really crank them out.

The Russians certainly do! They are also notorious for over-building their launch vehicles, so we do (globally) have an overabundance of Russian rocket engines and Russian rockets in general :P

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    lol never mind, launch held once again due to technical difficulties with the rocket

*sticks rocket to Narwhal*

we demand out entertainment Narwhal.

you're the rocket now.

god bless

*fires*

• Options
    Maybe I'll just take a nap. My sleep tracker says I slept wel but my tired headache says otherwise

• Options
    Trace wrote: »

*sticks rocket to Narwhal*

we demand out entertainment Narwhal.

you're the rocket now.

god bless

*fires*

Titan GLV or I ain't interested! :P

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »

This is one of those stories where it's like, OK, he's not CRAZY, but he's definitely loony.

Or at least, ok he is going through some sort of mental issue, but it just so happens that the things he's saying are also true... but that doesn't magically make him logical, either.

Some people just kind of break in weird ways. You saw a lot of it after 9/11 too. I was working in a bookstore at the time and we had this nice old lady who decided she needed to investigate the security of various chemical plants outside of Houston. As you can imagine right after 9/11 that didn't sit well with security or law enforcement.

One of my fears is some trauma will do that to me. That I will just give into paranoia completely and I'll do something that will seem perfectly rational to me but may get myself or someone else hurt.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

I love this guy after his division review Organichu posted

I actually met Dunkey at the airport when we first landed

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Also I just got my first massage ever and it was fucking sick

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

did you spring for the happy ending?

• Options

I love this guy after his division review Organichu posted

I actually met Dunkey at the airport when we first landed

Reaaaaally

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

did you spring for the happy ending?

something sprung

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i wanna get a massage soon

i've never had one

This discussion has been closed.