As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[phalla] Final Fantasy IV: Know Suffering, Know Death, Know Mafia Victory

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    If Ahava is the actual seer, I'd be shocked.

I know the village is skittish about fake seer calls from last game, but that sort of thing happens once every couple of years.

Assuran on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Uh, unless I missed it, have you gotten any seer results before tonight, ahava? !Gizzy, obviously, but I'm wondering what you've learned until now? Do you have any other connections you've established so far?

This is the first day she's played isn't it? Or did she join day 2?

Talk about really getting screwed with our seer being inactive for the first two nights.

Sheesh. This is why I don't like the @ thing for getting people to sign up. Better to have 20 who are committed than any more who aren't.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Uh, unless I missed it, have you gotten any seer results before tonight, ahava? !Gizzy, obviously, but I'm wondering what you've learned until now? Do you have any other connections you've established so far?

This is the first day she's played isn't it? Or did she join day 2?

Talk about really getting screwed with our seer being inactive for the first two nights.

Sheesh. This is why I don't like the @ thing for getting people to sign up. Better to have 20 who are committed than any more who aren't.

If you're willing to create a more exclusive list of people who are 100% committed to playing games they sign up for, I'd like to sign up for it. Simple fact is Phalla is pretty much the only reason I go to CF, and I appreciate being batsignaled when I forget to do my "Is there a Phalla" check.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    MartossMartoss Registered User regular
    Gizzy

• Options
    Wahhhhh all my logical conclusions were wroooong!!!!!!

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    see previous days here
    Days 1-3

Day 4 votes let me know if there are any errors
    1. lonelyahava: Gizzy (1)
    2. LostNinja: Gizzy (2)
    3. AustinP0027: cj iwakura (1)
    4. MrTLicious: invictus (1)
    5. jdarksun: invictus (2)
    6. Martoss: Grunt's Ghosts (1)
    7. Martoss: invictus (3), Grunt's Ghosts (0)
    8. Grunt's Ghosts: invictus (4)
    9. Assuran: invictus (5)
    10. H3Knuckles: Gizzy (3) - probably invalid vote due to dumb newcomer mistake
    11. invictus: Grunt's Ghosts (1)
    12. LostNinja: jdarksun (1), Gizzy (1)
    13. cj iwakura: invictus (6)
    14. SeGaTai: Gizzy (2)
    15. Auralynx: Gizzy (3)
    16. premium: Gizzy (4)
    17. Justice for Pluto: Gizzy (5)
    18. Raiden333: invictus (7)
    19. chamberlain: Gizzy (6)
    20. Gizzy: invictus (8)
    21. AustinP0027: Gizzy (7)
    22. kime: Gizzy (8)
    23. LostNinja: Gizzy (9), jdarksun (0)
    24. invictus: Gizzy (10), Grunt's Ghosts (0)
    25. Raiden333: Gizzy (11), invictus (7)
    26. Grunt's Ghosts: Gizzy (12), invictus (6)
    27. Assuran: Gizzy (13), invictus (5)
    28. H3Knuckles: Gizzy (14) - just reposting my vote following another player's advice earlier
    29. Martoss: Gizzy (15), invictus (4)

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I can confirm that this is the first seer result to yield any fruit.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Martoss wrote: »

You making fun of me Rizzo? :P

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Martoss wrote: »

You making fun of me Rizzo? :P

No I was just sooo sure about Gizzy but now everything I know is a lieeeeeee!!!!!
    Rizzo?? Like Rizzo the Rat?

Secret edit: oh you mean from grease! Aha...

Martoss on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    It's a line from Grease (the movie, I dunno if it's in the play).

...What? We had one television in the house growing up and I had two older sisters, it was unavoidable.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Sorry to say this was a wasted vote, but you'll definitely learn some things after all.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    For us it's primarily "can we trust the host".

Which no. You should never trust the host. Hosts are wicked creatures. Full of vile ways.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Well yeah, the two big things I feel like I contributed are both based on the assumption that 38thDoe wouldn't give someone a power that is completely nonfunctional and that he wouldn't exploit apophenia to fuck with us by having three stoned people each have a different material for their statue, then a fourth that repeats the first.

Edit: pareidolia, apophenia, I can never keep them straight.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    For us it's primarily "can we trust the host".

Which no. You should never trust the host. Hosts are wicked creatures. Full of vile ways.

Also Hypnotic Eyes!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59IQHcEAaoM

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Day Four: Now see my True Form… PLEASE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw5BW8_4PJ8

Gizzy smiled as they approached him. “You don’t know who you are dealing with! I am The Blighted Despot, Scarmiglione—Archfiend of earth, and first of Golbez's circle of four! and death will only make me stronger!”

“What if we just tie you up?”

“... CURSES!”

King Giott and his tank brigade decided the time was ripe to recruit some supernatural help. They drove right to the feymarch and asked for a meeting with the Leviathian himself. Negotiations began and it seemed like an agreement was reached, when the red wings arrived and sealed MrTLicious and Raiden333 in a cave.

Auralynx lamented that he could not find someone to save him from the poison coursing through his body. The Dwarf Tankmaster finally succumbed to the poison.

This is a well-crafted basalt statue of chamberlain.
    The item is a well-designed image of chamberlain the ???
    The chamberlain is holding a dolomite floodgate.

Softened
    @Virgil_Leads_You

The Dead:

Gizzy - The Blighted Despot, Scarmiglione—Archfiend of earth, and first of Golbez's circle of four! - The Vote
    MrTLicious - King Giott - Bombed
    Raiden333 - Leviathian - Bombed
    chamberlain - Statue - ???
    Auralynx - Dwarf Tankmaster - Succumbed to Poison

PMs are going out. Everyone voted… AS IT SHOULD BE. Please notify me if you want to be swapped with a reserve.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    ooooOOOOOOOoooooo

o7

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I was starting to get worried there. If we had a game with a fake seer call for second game in a row I would have been done with phalla for a while.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Yeah, I am really confused what was wasted.

• Options
    Curious why mafia didn't go after Ahava? Doesn't look like they ever tried as they still got two kills off.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Curious why mafia didn't go after Ahava? Doesn't look like they ever tried as they still got two kills off.

Probably figured she was being guarded.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Well, I guess I owe everyone an apology. It just felt weird as heck for a thread starting off with people bemoaning what happened last time to be so quick to trust again.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Yeah, I am really confused what was wasted.

Never listen to an outed mafia

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    OoOoOoOoO
    Frustrated with host and stepping away.
    OoOoOoOoO

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    OoOoOoOoO
    Frustrated with host and stepping away.
    OoOoOoOoO

I guess we'll find out later what's up after the game ends, but I'm honestly surprised by this.

• Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Well, I guess I owe everyone an apology. It just felt weird as heck for a thread starting off with people bemoaning what happened last time to be so quick to trust again.

One thing to keep in mind is that every game goes different. So while things just happened a certain way last game, a new game will completely change. You could run the exact same game with the exact roles and rules and just change one or two players and the gang will be different.

A fake seer reveal was disastrous last game. To try another one this soon would be ballsy. Unless it's not fake. Or the player making the reveal didn't know about the last game. Or. Or. Or.

The overall meta of the game/players is a thing to keep in mind. But it's not always relevant.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Well, I guess he will just mess with us regarding the statue minerals. Oh well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Edit: that was supposed to be a link to the song by the Darkness, but there doesn't seem to be an official video (ala Vevo) and I'm not sure what the forums' policy is about linking to fan-uploaded album cuts on YouTube.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    ooooOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoooo

:|

This is about the least I've gotten to participate in a game I actually wanted to while still technically "in it."

OOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOO

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Dust fell off the face of the king of Eblan as the spell of petrifaction wore off.
    His mouth slowly moving, matched by a song slowly increasing in volume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdxLohjwhoQ

k3f1q8nkl33z.png

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Looking at the vote records, the one that stands out to me most of all is Martoss.

One off on day 1, followed by being on the bandwagon days 2 and 3.

Honestly, this isn't much and I don't feel great about it, but I want to at least start some discussion so we're not all waiting around for the network.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Too quiet, so here's the remaining player list
    1. Martoss
    2. jdarksun
    3. JusticeforPluto
    4. kime
    5. cj iwakura
    6. Virgil_Leads_You
    7. Grunt's Ghosts
    8. LostNinja
    9. H3Knuckles
    10. premium
    11. lonelyahava
    12. SeGaTai
    13. Assuran
    14. AustinP0027
    15. chamberlain
    16. Invictus

Also, chamberlain is a statue. So...still alive but frozen/whatever.

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    I agree that it's much too quiet. I helped push DemonIzual at a time when chamberlain was still at risk, and maybe that doesn't prove I'm a villager, but surely it helps?

• Options
    That is a very good point and thank you for pointing it out.

I redact my Martoss vote. I'll go back over it again.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I got poisoned last night, I know preda could heal, if there is another white mage left I'd appreciate it.

Will try and go threw votes a little later, what are thoughts on invuctus still after he was off the hook after the seer call yesterday

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Haven't heard much from jdark, cj, or premium, have we?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Updated the list as I had MrT in there, and needed to remove him.

I'm curious about some names in there that I feel like I haven't seen much posting at all from. jdarksun, kime, cj, segatai, assuran. Anyone have some thoughts on why you're so quiet?

• Options
    What is everyone's thoughts on the stonings? I've been assuming mafia as I would have expected a villager to stop shooting blindly by now, but I could be wrong.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I've posted a bunch, get a better memory :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    What is everyone's thoughts on the stonings? I've been assuming mafia as I would have expected a villager to stop shooting blindly by now, but I could be wrong.

It seems like they've slowed down. I bet we had a villager stoner like McKid or someone else who's died by now.

• Options
    That's my first thought, but given Chamber claims Monster status, could the monsters have a compete objective and they are doing it to each other?

Oddity was that it was 2 statues a day until Day 3, when there wasn't a statue created, then last night a new one appeared. Could one of the inactives from that day be at fault?

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Actually, just like a vig, it's better for the village to "shoot blindly" in almost all situations. A village vig at least has a chance at hitting mafia, but if only the mafia have kills then they definitely will hit village :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile