[Dark Souls 3] Dark Souls 2 is a good game that is fun and great.

13567100

Posts

  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »
    but those transparent player ghosts that randomly pop in and out of the world - at least those are safe, right? right??

    of course they aren't


    Well, I know what I'm doing when I get home from work tonight.

    Holy shit
    This is great
    What's the required INT for hidden body?
    I want to say 15? Certainly not higher than 15. And there's a late-game ring that gives +5.

    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    DouglasDanger
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    webber wrote: »
    gtrmp wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    Barcardi wrote: »
    I beat a ton of bosses tonight, progress, cleared
    The giant, which was a super cool fight once i figured out what was going on. Then I finally went back and beat the Anor Lando boss and that guy is just a jerk, eating other gods and whatnot. Then somehow i beat the dancer and i still dont know how I did that, it was so damn hard.

    Now two dragons? Is there a cool non arrow from a distance way to kill these guys?

    I don't know exactly what happened...but...
    I got to this area yesterday. I saw the two dragons and said...welp...I need more arrows. So i went back to firelink, loaded up on arrows and came back. I found a spot i could hit the rightmost dragon (in the butt area) and do a tick of damage, and started shooting. after about a dozen shots, both dragons suddenly died. I dont know why. I did not get any souls from them, so i think its an event that occurs.

    btw, if you want to get creeped out, make sure you look UP in that zone.

    the way you're "supposed" to do that section is to
    drop off the bridge onto the lower level, loop around the dragons, and attack them in the clearly-indicated weak point

    although i doubt it's any faster to do it the regular way than to do it the way you did it

    I really don't understand why they both die. It's super weird.

    Same thing happened to me. I just figured they must share health?

    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    I'm in the Blue Sentinel's and don't really ever engage with anything that faction has to offer but I feel like every single time I ember up I get invaded and murdered and

    I really don't enjoy that at all and think it actively detracts from my game experience?

    Is my faction causing that? Do I need to change to Sunbros? I don't really enjoy PvP and hate wasting an Ember getting killed by some dude lagging everywhere.

  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    webber wrote: »
    gtrmp wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    Barcardi wrote: »
    I beat a ton of bosses tonight, progress, cleared
    The giant, which was a super cool fight once i figured out what was going on. Then I finally went back and beat the Anor Lando boss and that guy is just a jerk, eating other gods and whatnot. Then somehow i beat the dancer and i still dont know how I did that, it was so damn hard.

    Now two dragons? Is there a cool non arrow from a distance way to kill these guys?

    I don't know exactly what happened...but...
    I got to this area yesterday. I saw the two dragons and said...welp...I need more arrows. So i went back to firelink, loaded up on arrows and came back. I found a spot i could hit the rightmost dragon (in the butt area) and do a tick of damage, and started shooting. after about a dozen shots, both dragons suddenly died. I dont know why. I did not get any souls from them, so i think its an event that occurs.

    btw, if you want to get creeped out, make sure you look UP in that zone.

    the way you're "supposed" to do that section is to
    drop off the bridge onto the lower level, loop around the dragons, and attack them in the clearly-indicated weak point

    although i doubt it's any faster to do it the regular way than to do it the way you did it

    I really don't understand why they both die. It's super weird.

    Same thing happened to me. I just figured they must share health?
    They both get afflicted by the weird black Manus-y shit, which I guess kills them? The white one has it too, but I didn't see it until I looked down from later in the zone.

    Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    I'm in the Blue Sentinel's and don't really ever engage with anything that faction has to offer but I feel like every single time I ember up I get invaded and murdered and

    I really don't enjoy that at all and think it actively detracts from my game experience?

    Is my faction causing that? Do I need to change to Sunbros? I don't really enjoy PvP and hate wasting an Ember getting killed by some dude lagging everywhere.

    No, it'll happen any time you go embered in an area where the boss is still alive regardless of what covenant you're in.

    steam_sig.png
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    I just back from work to discover @Chincymcchilla being horribly wrong about how you treat Sunbros

    As a frequent Sunbro myself, that ain't right, dude

    Agree to disagreeeeeeee

    I mean

    There's not much to disagree about

    People have told you they find the thing you do discourteous and kinda mean

    Even if the act isn't inherently impolite, continuing to do something you know will annoy others after they have asked you to stop is

    Ya donk

    I mean I disagree that accepting a sunbros help for something other than a boss is somehow evil or nefarious, that is very weird to me

    I don't disagree that other people think it is, that is of course their right

    But I'm likely going to keep doing it because I don't see anything wrong with it

    I will not disagree that I am a Donk though, that is accurate

    This is the same argument people who don't tip use.

    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
    SCREECH OF THE FARG
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    I just back from work to discover @Chincymcchilla being horribly wrong about how you treat Sunbros

    As a frequent Sunbro myself, that ain't right, dude

    Agree to disagreeeeeeee

    I mean

    There's not much to disagree about

    People have told you they find the thing you do discourteous and kinda mean

    Even if the act isn't inherently impolite, continuing to do something you know will annoy others after they have asked you to stop is

    Ya donk

    I mean I disagree that accepting a sunbros help for something other than a boss is somehow evil or nefarious, that is very weird to me

    I don't disagree that other people think it is, that is of course their right

    But I'm likely going to keep doing it because I don't see anything wrong with it

    I will not disagree that I am a Donk though, that is accurate

    This is the same argument people who don't tip use.

    Okay

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    SCREECH OF THE FARGMegaMek
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I got summoned in as a wolf invader for the first time ever last night. Managed to spawn in and then immediately got booted back to my world. Guess they died or killed themselves or something.

  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    ... I don't understand what the argument is. If there's a summon sign down in a spot that's not next to the boss then how is that person expecting to fight the boss if not going through the level with their host? It's also likely that they'll get summoned by someone who hasn't actually been to the boss yet, in which case there's no way for them to know how to go directly there.

    You want to fight just the boss put your sign by the boss door, you want to do the level put your sign somewhere in the level.

    Black separation crystalling is a dick move any time, unless it's done because of a bug or whatever.

    steam_sig.png
    MegaMek
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    i super don't get how dismissing co op people is a dick move

    i really, really don't get why y'all are so insistent about this

    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    Chincymcchillaph blaketurtleantMegaMekfurlion
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    ... I don't understand what the argument is. If there's a summon sign down in a spot that's not next to the boss then how is that person expecting to fight the boss if not going through the level with their host? It's also likely that they'll get summoned by someone who hasn't actually been to the boss yet, in which case there's no way for them to know how to go directly there.

    You want to fight just the boss put your sign by the boss door, you want to do the level put your sign somewhere in the level.

    Black separation crystalling is a dick move any time, unless it's done because of a bug or whatever.

    That last part is the argument.

    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
    Speed Racer
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    rhylith wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »
    ... I don't understand what the argument is. If there's a summon sign down in a spot that's not next to the boss then how is that person expecting to fight the boss if not going through the level with their host? It's also likely that they'll get summoned by someone who hasn't actually been to the boss yet, in which case there's no way for them to know how to go directly there.

    You want to fight just the boss put your sign by the boss door, you want to do the level put your sign somewhere in the level.

    Black separation crystalling is a dick move any time, unless it's done because of a bug or whatever.

    That last part is the argument.

    But as far as I have seen no one has actually argued that last part. Everyone has agreed that black crystalling is a jerk thing to do.

    E: nm then I guess it has been argued. Weird.

    Aistan on
    steam_sig.png
    MegaMek
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    i super don't get how dismissing co op people is a dick move

    i really, really don't get why y'all are so insistent about this

    Because they don't get their ember or sun bro medal for helping you out and you essentially wasted their time. It's especially lame if they put down their sign early in the level because they want to help out with more than the boss and then you boot em out because you find a specific item or something.

    They can't kill you, and it's pretty damn hard for them to actually hinder you. Just let them stick around.

    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    For anyone just tuning in, the argument is that it isn't a dick move to black separation Crystal just before a boss fog wall, after being helped through a level because you have provided the sunbro with the pleasure of your company in lieu of compensation.

    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    MegaMek
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    i super don't get how dismissing co op people is a dick move

    i really, really don't get why y'all are so insistent about this

    Because they don't get their ember or sun bro medal for helping you out and you essentially wasted their time. It's especially lame if they put down their sign early in the level because they want to help out with more than the boss and then you boot em out because you find a specific item or something.

    They can't kill you, and it's pretty damn hard for them to actually hinder you. Just let them stick around.

    But I'm not always going to fight the boss

    Sometimes I'm there to do a specific thing and then like

    Go to bed, or eat, or go to a different zone and do something else

    I'm not somehow required to do the entire zone because you put your sign at a bonfire

    Again, if you wanna fight the boss, put your sign at the boss door

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Okay but if I only need the help with the one thing and then want to keep exploring on my own I don't see the problem with dismissing co-op partners after that

    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    ChincymcchillaturtleantMegaMek
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    For anyone just tuning in, the argument is that it isn't a dick move to black separation Crystal just before a boss fog wall, after being helped through a level because you have provided the sunbro with the pleasure of your company in lieu of compensation.

    this is absolutely not what the argument is

    People have been saying I'm a jerk for using summons to help with other parts of the level and then disconnecting

    I have never done the thing you just described

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    The BetgirlturtleantMegaMek
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Okay but if I only need the help with the one thing and then want to keep exploring on my own I don't see the problem with dismissing co-op partners after that

    It's not illegal or anything but the people you are doing it to may consider it rude.

    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    SCREECH OF THE FARG
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    For anyone just tuning in, the argument is that it isn't a dick move to black separation Crystal just before a boss fog wall, after being helped through a level because you have provided the sunbro with the pleasure of your company in lieu of compensation.

    yeah no this is not what chincy's been arguing from the start

    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Actually it is illegal and the police are coming and they're bringing extra dogs

    ChincymcchillaDouglasDangerThe BetgirlKwoaruTransporterazith28SCREECH OF THE FARGOlivawAl_watTommy2HandsCorp.Shephard
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    For anyone just tuning in, the argument is that it isn't a dick move to black separation Crystal just before a boss fog wall, after being helped through a level because you have provided the sunbro with the pleasure of your company in lieu of compensation.

    this is absolutely not what the argument is

    People have been saying I'm a jerk for using summons to help with other parts of the level and then disconnecting

    I have never done the thing you just described

    That was the original statement by wyborn. What you're doing is functionally equivalent anyways.

    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    i super don't get how dismissing co op people is a dick move

    i really, really don't get why y'all are so insistent about this

    Because they don't get their ember or sun bro medal for helping you out and you essentially wasted their time. It's especially lame if they put down their sign early in the level because they want to help out with more than the boss and then you boot em out because you find a specific item or something.

    They can't kill you, and it's pretty damn hard for them to actually hinder you. Just let them stick around.

    But I'm not always going to fight the boss

    Sometimes I'm there to do a specific thing and then like

    Go to bed, or eat, or go to a different zone and do something else

    I'm not somehow required to do the entire zone because you put your sign at a bonfire

    Again, if you wanna fight the boss, put your sign at the boss door

    Needing to quit is one thing but you made it sound like you just get your thing then dismiss them even though you're gonna progress

    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
    Speed Racer
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    This is basically the same argument as when Vsove complained about people who summon others just to gank them and waste their time

    And people in the thread got really upset that he would even dare to think that the behavior of those angels of lights was slightly dickish

  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i super don't get how dismissing co op people is a dick move

    i really, really don't get why y'all are so insistent about this

    because if they're on the sunbro covenant then they probably want to fight the boss for a sun medal, and didn't put their sign right at the boss door because they wanted to be there for people who also needed help getting to the boss

    if you dismiss them you got them to help you without letting them earn their covenant piece

    if it's a white phantom then whatever, obviously they're down for whatever you're down for

  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »
    For anyone just tuning in, the argument is that it isn't a dick move to black separation Crystal just before a boss fog wall, after being helped through a level because you have provided the sunbro with the pleasure of your company in lieu of compensation.

    this is absolutely not what the argument is

    People have been saying I'm a jerk for using summons to help with other parts of the level and then disconnecting

    I have never done the thing you just described

    That was the original statement by wyborn. What you're doing is functionally equivalent anyways.

    oh my god no it isnt at all

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    The BetgirlMegaMek
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Again, if you wanna fight the boss, put your sign at the boss door

    What if... you want to help someone get to the boss from the bonfire, and then fight the boss?

    Hermano
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    People who get summoned want to do the whole thing though, so if they get kicked out it feels like you're saying "thanks for the help, sucker". It's an issue of expectations. The host dying, them dying, or the boss getting killed at the end are really the only three results that a summon expects to happen. Kicking them out feels like it comes out of nowhere, because they can't know ahead of time that you only want to do this one thing.

    steam_sig.png
    ChincymcchillaStiltsMegaMek
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    i super don't get how dismissing co op people is a dick move

    i really, really don't get why y'all are so insistent about this

    because if they're on the sunbro covenant then they probably want to fight the boss for a sun medal, and didn't put their sign right at the boss door because they wanted to be there for people who also needed help getting to the boss

    if you dismiss them you got them to help you without letting them earn their covenant piece

    if it's a white phantom then whatever, obviously they're down for whatever you're down for

    idk

    if you want a medal, throw your sign at the door

    if you wanna help me make progress and throw your sign near the bonfire, i'm not gonna feel bad about dismissing you

    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    ChincymcchillaMegaMek
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    So...

    That untrue white ring and hidden body sorcery thing is Nito.

    DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I love you all, but this is why America is failing

    HobnailHermano
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Again, if you wanna fight the boss, put your sign at the boss door

    What if... you want to help someone get to the boss from the bonfire, and then fight the boss?

    I mean that's fine!

    but I don't think you can get mad at a host for not wanting to do that

    There isn't really a tool in the game to state your intentions for why you are summoning
    i super don't get how dismissing co op people is a dick move

    i really, really don't get why y'all are so insistent about this

    because if they're on the sunbro covenant then they probably want to fight the boss for a sun medal, and didn't put their sign right at the boss door because they wanted to be there for people who also needed help getting to the boss

    if you dismiss them you got them to help you without letting them earn their covenant piece

    if it's a white phantom then whatever, obviously they're down for whatever you're down for

    this keeps coming up

    are other people actually seeing white phantoms

    this legit has not been an option for me

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    One time in DS2 I got summoned at a boss door and the host kicked me and sent me a psn message "ur ugly"

    I was indeed pretty ugly

    The BetgirlSCREECH OF THE FARGOlivaw
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    People who get summoned want to do the whole thing though, so if they get kicked out it feels like you're saying "thanks for the help, sucker". It's an issue of expectations. The host dying, them dying, or the boss getting killed at the end are really the only three results that a summon expects to happen. Kicking them out feels like it comes out of nowhere, because they can't know ahead of time that you only want to do this one thing.

    I think this is kind of the crux of it, theres no way to communicate what you're planning on doing

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Fighting the boss is always the expected success state of someone who puts down their white soapstone sign. It's the only success state the game supports. Dark Souls 2 had the small soapstone which did the mechanic of having the person only be in for a few enemy kills before they got their reward and went back home, and I kind of wish it was still around.

    Black separation crystalling is a fail state for the summon, and unlike the host or the summon dying it's a fail state that the host directly causes. Of course they'll be kind of annoyed.

    Aistan on
    steam_sig.png
    HobnailMelding
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Again, if you wanna fight the boss, put your sign at the boss door

    What if... you want to help someone get to the boss from the bonfire, and then fight the boss?

    I mean that's fine!

    but I don't think you can get mad at a host for not wanting to do that

    There isn't really a tool in the game to state your intentions for why you are summoning

    Right, I don't think anyone is getting mad just... let's say mildly miffed. A bit peeved. Slightly crestfallen would be the most appropriate term, maybe.

    KetBra
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Man I forgot about the small soapstone from DS2, that thing was great, you were in and out quick and your humanity got restored too

    gtrmp
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    i had basically cleared out the aldritch faithful pvp zone when I got invaded by an aldritcher. I was half health and had no estus so I was like FUUCK that and ran back to the starting zone to summon help.

    the only 'help' I could find was a mound maker, so I summoned him and prayed to the gods he would help me kill the invader. He didn't. He attacked me! How rude.

    I was happy with the aldritcher killing me because that's his job but I didn't want the mound maker getting MY vertebrae shackle when he had so rudely violated my request for help. So I made the mound maker and the aldritcher chase my around the map for 20 minutes.

    Then I remembered that enemies could kill mound makers so I activate the giants and ran around them for 5 minutes. The mound maker died. I died shortly after, so ho probably still got the vertebrae shackle but I'm going to declare it a Moral Victory.

    I ask you, who is the real bad guy in this situation?

    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

    https://medium.com/@alascii
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    double post. sorry about the spoilers, forum seems to be ignoring spoiler text sometimes lately.

    azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    Barcardi wrote: »
    I beat a ton of bosses tonight, progress, cleared
    The giant, which was a super cool fight once i figured out what was going on. Then I finally went back and beat the Anor Lando boss and that guy is just a jerk, eating other gods and whatnot. Then somehow i beat the dancer and i still dont know how I did that, it was so damn hard.

    Now two dragons? Is there a cool non arrow from a distance way to kill these guys?

    I don't know exactly what happened...but...
    I got to this area yesterday. I saw the two dragons and said...welp...I need more arrows. So i went back to firelink, loaded up on arrows and came back. I found a spot i could hit the rightmost dragon (in the butt area) and do a tick of damage, and started shooting. after about a dozen shots, both dragons suddenly died. I dont know why. I did not get any souls from them, so i think its an event that occurs.

    btw, if you want to get creeped out, make sure you look UP in that zone.

    the way you're "supposed" to do that section is to
    drop off the bridge onto the lower level, loop around the dragons, and attack them in the clearly-indicated weak point

    although i doubt it's any faster to do it the regular way than to do it the way you did it

    I dunno, it literally was like 10-12 arrows before they went goodbye. it was very quick and i was left wondering what the hell happened. I dont think i was hitting the thing that your suppose to hit, and the life bar didnt go to zero or anything.

    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    small soapstone is gone and as far as I can tell there's no reason to be a white phantom

    It makes it basically impossible for me to tell what the expectation of the person I'm summoning is because every single sign is a sun bro sign

    So I'm assuming that if you're by the boss that's what you're there for, but you're up for anything if youre at the bonfire

    I feel bad if people don't get what they want, but I don't feel bad for doing it because the game does not give me a way to communicate what I'm doing and there's no real way for the summonee to communicate what they want either

    If I am a monster for not doing a boss every time I summon someone I guess I'm a monster

    Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    The BetgirlturtleantAl_watMegaMek
This discussion has been closed.