As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dark Souls 3] Dark Souls 2 is a good game that is fun and great.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Funny thing about the MLGS. Those projectiles can be parried. If the one using it has FP then nothing happens from the parry besides negating damage. If they don't have MP though, and are using stamina, then parrying the projectile will put them in the ripose-ready stun.

GoatmonPeas
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Welp! Just beat the Abyss watcher fight by him clipping through a wall and apparently falling out of the world to his death.

X22wmuF.jpg
    DouglasDangerThe BetgirlGoatmon
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I had an enemy walk backwards into a wall in Untended Graves

And then they stayed there

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Welp! Just beat the Abyss watcher fight by him clipping through a wall and apparently falling out of the world to his death.

the abyss got em

Speed RacerThe BetgirlKwoaruDouglasDangerPlatyEvilCakeAvalonGuardNaphtaliSCREECH OF THE FARGReynoldsMirroTheStigturtleantMr FuzzbuttmiscellaneousinsanityBlackbird SR-71CTransporterPeasDysOghulkMoth 13GoatmonMegaMekPhillishere
    turtleant wrote: »

Yeah, watch out for that room, because it's the only place where I've clipped out randomly. It's so much fun to lose souls in Carthus Catacombs, revive at the Watcher bonfire, then five steps from it the floor ceases to be solid.

The lack of soul memory in this has made me really chill about losing souls

BahamutZEROUnbrokenEvaDouglasDangerMirroBlackbird SR-71CDysUnluckyGoatmonMegaMek
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    played a little NG+ this morning... switched to the Lorian's UGS.

the scaling is a little weird on this weapon... maybe some more unwritten stat rules

I have 26STR and 30 Faith, the sword has C scaling on STR and D scaling on Faith

when I tried to level up STR, it projected a 0 damage increase, and when I tried to level up Faith it projected a 3 damage increase. Wut?

Jasconius on
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Time for a break I think.

Had to summon a sunbro to help with the Watchers because I could not for the fucking life of me understand the hitbox on the fire sword trails. Then got stuck on some invisible geometry with my back to the wall and two giant skeletons crushed me.

Kinda enjoyed the swampy bits though. The design on the giant swamp goats is so cool.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

the scaling is a little weird on this weapon... maybe some more unwritten stat rules

I have 26STR and 30 Faith, the sword has C scaling on STR and D scaling on Faith

when I tried to level up STR, it projected a 0 damage increase, and when I tried to level up Faith it projected a 3 damage increase. Wut?

what's your strength at vs you faith?

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »

what's your strength at vs you faith?

He uh, says 26 and 30 in the post.

X22wmuF.jpg
    DouglasDanger
    edited May 2016
    reading is hard.

that is strange.

best i can offer is if the fire or whatever damage is higher than the physical than even with lower scaling you're going to see some more gains on it for a while, scaling seems to be in some what percentage based.

Melding on
    man i really hope they fix pvp longswords... ever

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/0deckAJopFI

How does PvP work in NG+

What is the deal with dragon peak Jesus Christ

it works the same as it does any other time

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    PvP works in NG+ like it does regular except more and harder and the deal with Dragon Peak is that Dragon Peak will fuck you

Speaking of NG+ do you get matched with NG+ plus even on a new character? Because I got summoned by a dude in the Firelink set with the coiled greatsword at the very first Undead Settlement bonfire at like, level 10

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    man, i just had an invasion where the same two phantoms showed up twice, ended up getting two forked tongues before managing to kill the host.

Anri's straight sword is a beast.

So you can have PvP everywhere at The SL120 Meta ™

is 120 the agreed on meta? i am never sure.

Hobnail wrote: »
    PvP works in NG+ like it does regular except more and harder and the deal with Dragon Peak is that Dragon Peak will fuck you

Speaking of NG+ do you get matched with NG+ plus even on a new character? Because I got summoned by a dude in the Firelink set with the coiled greatsword at the very first Undead Settlement bonfire at like, level 10

Only level and weapon upgrades matter for matchmaking. If they went through the game at SL 10 and then started NG+ they can summon regular Level 10-20 players too.

Melding wrote: »
    is 120 the agreed on meta? i am never sure.

According to Reddit and 4chan and YouTube

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Who /cares/ about the meta. Just keep on levelling and you'll always find other people to invade/coop with.

Unless you literally want to only partake in dedicated fight clubs outside the Pontiffs boss room or something, SL barely matters.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Most of the twitch streamers I occasionally watch for Souls PvP like Nelson(Yukaslegion), Peeve, etc. are keeping their characters at SL100. 120 is probably overkill for most builds. Some people are even staying at 80. I'd say 100 is probably the best bet for getting the most PvP if that's what you're after.

100 gives you a good range

Many people probably go to 120 to gain an advantage over dudes who stay at 100, but outside of certain builds it's not a big one

Tbh staying at a low SL is more viable than ever

and yet still boring

i feel like i need at least 150 levels to make the character I want without it being pure garbage

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    100 gives you a good range

Many people probably go to 120 to gain an advantage over dudes who stay at 100, but outside of certain builds it's not a big one

Tbh staying at a low SL is more viable than ever

I went over because I'm playing a pyromancer, which is awesome against enemies and extremely situational against human beings. I had to bump more points into other stats simply to keep from being murdered by every invader.

I don't know how to finish my pyro
    It's looking like the katanas weren't a good idea if I plan on going 40/40 INT FAI

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    150? That's gotta be some sort of caster build I'd assume.

You can get 40 VIG, 30 END, 40/40 STR/DEX on like a SL110 build.

Just for a goof, I just used mugenmonkey to build a character with 40 VIG, 40 ATN, 30 END, 40 INT, and 40 FTH. SL 139, and that's ridiculous overkill for a pvp build.

Yeah, I guess for spellcaster builds you might want to go higher than for melee-focused builds

there's no katana i can think of that will really benefit from int/fai, even infused, but INT/FAI gives you access to all kinds of other great weapons though that are way more entertaining

katanas are boooooring except for the gimmick ones

edited May 2016
    I don't know how to finish my pyro
    It's looking like the katanas weren't a good idea if I plan on going 40/40 INT FAI

Dexterity is great for pyromancers. Around level 25, I started casting fast enough for it to actually be useful against human invaders.

Phillishere on
    In case of low dex, you can also use the Sage Ring

rhylithPhillishereCorp.Shephard
    Wow I'm sorry I didn't go for the Moundmakers sooner, playing a friendly purple phantom is hilarious, everyone is super anxious and weirded out by you

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

Madican
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Wow I'm sorry I didn't go for the Moundmakers sooner, playing a friendly purple phantom is hilarious, everyone is super anxious and weirded out by you

is there anything you can do to stop them from just stabbing you in the back at any moment?

I'll post a tweet when I get home
    I'm SL90, I think
    I do have 25 DEX, for cast speed, which is high enough for the Onikiri and Ubadachi

and some levels to raise END but not enough, just two swings of the daisho

Maybe that would be enough if I could parry

When I'm being friendly I just stay a respectful distance from the host at all times, helps keep you from inadvertently whacking each other while fighting monsters too

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I'm like ~115 with 40 str/dex and a smattering of other non-intelligence/faith stats

I don't know if I feel like leveling up much more though, it's kind of a hassle

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    I'm like ~115 with 40 str/dex and a smattering of other non-intelligence/faith stats

I don't know if I feel like leveling up much more though, it's kind of a hassle

There's a weird sense of freedom that comes when you no longer have anything you want to spend souls on other than arrows and other small items. Just lost 100k souls to a boss? Shrug.

The Betgirl
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I keep trying out new weapons every once in a while but I just keep migrating back to the rapiers. So stabby, so fast. I love that I can get quick hits in during that split second after Lothric Knights pull their shield away but before they attack. Or the skinny dancer-like bastards in Irithyll, they have a deceptively slow windup I can stagger them out of pretty easily.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I was looking at weapon stats, and if anyone else is as much of a fan of straight swords as I am, check out the Dark Sword.

There's no thrust in the move set, but when you infuse it with Lightning or Crystal, it gains an S ranking in faith or int. While keeping its C/D for str/dex.

There has to be a nerf coming on that thing.

This discussion has been closed.