As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dark Souls 3] Dark Souls 2 is a good game that is fun and great.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    I just back from work to discover @Chincymcchilla being horribly wrong about how you treat Sunbros

As a frequent Sunbro myself, that ain't right, dude

Agree to disagreeeeeeee

I mean

There's not much to disagree about

People have told you they find the thing you do discourteous and kinda mean

Even if the act isn't inherently impolite, continuing to do something you know will annoy others after they have asked you to stop is

Ya donk

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Please use my summon sign to disrespect me in every way the game makes available, spam voice balls at me while doing the Patches squat before kicking me out

It isn't a gameplay thing I just kind of get off on it

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I just back from work to discover @Chincymcchilla being horribly wrong about how you treat Sunbros

Agree to disagreeeeeeee

I mean

Even if the act isn't inherently impolite, continuing to do something you know will annoy others after they have asked you to stop is

Ya donk

I mean I disagree that accepting a sunbros help for something other than a boss is somehow evil or nefarious, that is very weird to me

I don't disagree that other people think it is, that is of course their right

But I'm likely going to keep doing it because I don't see anything wrong with it

I will not disagree that I am a Donk though, that is accurate

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I patches squatted on the face of a fella that was laying down

PNk1Ml4.png
    -Tal wrote: »
    I patches squatted on the face of a fella that was laying down

vKaJ8Yr.jpg?1

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

Sunbros should just be paid a fair wage to begin with

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

Agree to disagreeeeeeee

I mean

Ya donk

I mean I disagree that accepting a sunbros help for something other than a boss is somehow evil or nefarious, that is very weird to me

But I'm likely going to keep doing it because I don't see anything wrong with it

And I'm saying it's you're prerogative to have whatever opinion you like

But a decent amount of people who sunbro it up have told you that that behavior is frustrating to them

Saying "well I'm gonna do it anyway" is effectively saying "my preferred gameplay experience is more important than your feelings"

Which this is a very minor infraction on someone's feelings so it's not like the worst thing in the world but it's still not especially nice

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I did manage to find Anri in the Catacombs and speak to her! So now I just need to do whatever the guide says next...

Those giant ninja skeletons are bullshit.

I fought really dirty to win those invasions. It was fun. Giant seeds turning my crab brothers against me was funny.

What's the fastest way to get down to the mound makers pit? Cage bro?

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I, for one, think sunbros are good for nothing layabouts, and they should be grateful to get any summoning experience, even for free.

Agree to disagreeeeeeee

I mean

Ya donk

But a decent amount of people who sunbro it up have told you that that behavior is frustrating to them

Saying "well I'm gonna do it anyway" is effectively saying "my preferred gameplay experience is more important than your feelings"

Which this is a very minor infraction on someone's feelings so it's not like the worst thing in the world but it's still not especially nice

Fair enough!

I am very frustrated that people appear to have an expectation that I find to be unreasonable and that there is no way to communicate in the game that I don't intend to fight the boss

To me if your sign is not near the boss that is an extremely clear "I am up for whatever" indicator. I would never expect to do the boss if my sign is by the bonfire. People are saying they still expect to be taken to the boss. I'm going to assume that not every single person expects that (especially since there are people who've been on my side in this conversation here), so I have no idea if the person I'm summoning has that expectation or not

So because I have no way to know, I'm gonna continue to act as I had previously except now I'm gonna feel bad about it just the tiniest bit because maybe that person is sad now

From Software please make a voice stone that says "I am not doing the boss"

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Looking for new hire, CAN NOT PAY but I'll let you sleep in the office

PNk1Ml4.png
    I did manage to find Anri in the Catacombs and speak to her! So now I just need to do whatever the guide says next...

I fought really dirty to win those invasions. It was fun. Giant seeds turning my crab brothers against me was funny.

We should attack Irithyll together, I stepped about fifteen feet into that place and was immediately eviscerated and I've been alternating PvP and boss summoning since, too scairt to try again

Looking for new hire, CAN NOT PAY but I'll let you sleep in the office
    You never did tell me where the office is

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I started a Pyromancer. Man these guys seem powerful.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I will say this conversation made me rethink Sunbros which I previously thought of as the good-times-buddies covenant into a rather mercenary sort of thing

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Sunbros should just be paid a fair wage to begin with

Sunbros are paid fairly, they get one sun medal per job they do. If they want more pay, they just need to work more jobs!

For instance, last night, I was trying to get some jolly co-op on the Dancer boss. I wasted a good 9 embers because i would summoning two people (Right next to the fog wall mind you, not the bonfire), and have them not even enter the fog wall of the boss behind me, or die instantly, or get invaded and they just stand there while someone with a greatsword hit me from 6 miles away! I'm not paying them a single faction item unless i see results!

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    Sunbros need to get out of their wage slave mentality and start working for the passion of cooperation

PNk1Ml4.png

Agree to disagreeeeeeee

I mean

Ya donk

Fair enough!

I am very frustrated that people appear to have an expectation that I find to be unreasonable and that there is no way to communicate in the game that I don't intend to fight the boss

To me if your sign is not near the boss that is an extremely clear "I am up for whatever" indicator. I would never expect to do the boss if my sign is by the bonfire. People are saying they still expect to be taken to the boss. I'm going to assume that not every single person expects that (especially since there are people who've been on my side in this conversation here), so I have no idea if the person I'm summoning has that expectation or not

So because I have no way to know, I'm gonna continue to act as I had previously except now I'm gonna feel bad about it just the tiniest bit because maybe that person is sad now

What if you keep in mind the fact that a small but enthusiastic percentage of the player base will receive a mild erotic charge from being badly treated by you, would that offset your grief and guilt

Hobnail wrote: »

Agree to disagreeeeeeee

I mean

Ya donk

Fair enough!

What if you keep in mind the fact that a small but enthusiastic percentage of the player base will receive a mild erotic charge from being badly treated by you, would that offset your grief and guilt

then I'd just be getting guiltboners

Whoah gross whats with all this cock talk, whats the matter with you

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    just remembered this morning i forgot to take a video clip of the time i tried to white branch (which turned me into a crate) amidst a pack of three giant monsters in Farron guarding an item

i crated all the way up to them, grabbed the item, and then they proceeded to pummel me mercilessly. the crate does not appear to work on NPCs

We should attack Irithyll together, I stepped about fifteen feet into that place and was immediately eviscerated and I've been alternating PvP and boss summoning since, too scairt to try again

@Hobnail
    Yeah buddy!

I don't even know where that is yet...

Whoah gross whats with all this cock talk, whats the matter with you

Many, many things

@Hobnail
    Yeah buddy!

I don't even know where that is yet...

Right after the catacombs, which I now know pretty dang well due to aforementioned cowardice-induced summon-signing

• BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »
    but those transparent player ghosts that randomly pop in and out of the world - at least those are safe, right? right??

of course they aren't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpurtahtnu0

Well, I know what I'm doing when I get home from work tonight.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • DCAarmusDCAarmus Registered User regular
    Finally cut down TNK solo after spending all most all day trying and grinding to reinforce different weapons. I think I could do his first phase blindfolded.

I'm at the final boss now and wondering what the DLC could possibly be about. This game covers a lot of ground, but then again From doesn't usually have any problems pulling new lore from the ether.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    to be fair to @Chincymcchilla the sunbros are also getting souls at no risk to themselves or their current progress, whether or not they kill the boss

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Really? I didnt find that area all that bad.
    The Crocodile mob...granted...Nope! but the knights? armor like tissue paper for the most part. I use a heavy battle axe if that makes a difference.
    BTW, I wanna talk about axes. I started using the deep battle axe early on, and buffed it to +7, and its been doing a pretty great job all the way up to Profaned Capitol when i found the Eleonara axe. It's moveset is just like the battle axe, but at +3 its a better weapon then the +7 battle axe, and the +5 is better then the +10 (upgrades with scale tho). I'm thinking about moving up to a greataxe...I cant quite justify removing my shield tho. What other axebros are out there? what are you using?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if this Demon Axe is good, but I do know that it is rad

Although holy moly do I ever have some upgrade remorse, I guess there's a finite amount of titanite scales in every play through huh?

Nope you can buy them later on

I was frustrated that I had upgraded like 6 different weapons

And then I found smoldering lake, where every single enemy drops titanite

azith28 wrote: »
    Really? I didnt find that area all that bad.
    The Crocodile mob...granted...Nope! but the knights? armor like tissue paper for the most part. I use a heavy battle axe if that makes a difference.
    BTW, I wanna talk about axes. I started using the deep battle axe early on, and buffed it to +7, and its been doing a pretty great job all the way up to Profaned Capitol when i found the Eleonara axe. It's moveset is just like the battle axe, but at +3 its a better weapon then the +7 battle axe, and the +5 is better then the +10 (upgrades with scale tho). I'm thinking about moving up to a greataxe...I cant quite justify removing my shield tho. What other axebros are out there? what are you using?

They can hit very hard, in my experience, but they're a very tricky to use STR weapon. They don't have nearly the range of a sword and require similar investment, stats-wise.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    maybe it's just me, but for me?

appearing as a brilliant golden hero is reward enough for me

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I've been almost exclusively using the battle axe since I first found one in DS1 - I just find almost everything else either too slow or not capable of staggering enough.

I do like parry dagger and rapier or estoc when I'm going for style. For real style, nothing but a rapier in the left hand, though you then can't riposte with it.

Prolegomena on
  • Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    For me I'm fine with whatever when summoned at a bonfire but I get peeved if we get to the boss door and the host sends me away

It's specifically the dismissal that's frustrating

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
    For me I'm fine with whatever when summoned at a bonfire but I get peeved if we get to the boss door and the host sends me away

It's specifically the dismissal that's frustrating

Yeah I'm definitely not walking up to a boss door and dismissing, that I agree is crappy

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Barcardi wrote: »
    I beat a ton of bosses tonight, progress, cleared
    The giant, which was a super cool fight once i figured out what was going on. Then I finally went back and beat the Anor Lando boss and that guy is just a jerk, eating other gods and whatnot. Then somehow i beat the dancer and i still dont know how I did that, it was so damn hard.

Now two dragons? Is there a cool non arrow from a distance way to kill these guys?

I don't know exactly what happened...but...
    I got to this area yesterday. I saw the two dragons and said...welp...I need more arrows. So i went back to firelink, loaded up on arrows and came back. I found a spot i could hit the rightmost dragon (in the butt area) and do a tick of damage, and started shooting. after about a dozen shots, both dragons suddenly died. I dont know why. I did not get any souls from them, so i think its an event that occurs.

btw, if you want to get creeped out, make sure you look UP in that zone.

the way you're "supposed" to do that section is to
    drop off the bridge onto the lower level, loop around the dragons, and attack them in the clearly-indicated weak point

although i doubt it's any faster to do it the regular way than to do it the way you did it

I stand by a boss door do the come on gesture then do the no gesture and then dismiss

PNk1Ml4.png
    but those transparent player ghosts that randomly pop in and out of the world - at least those are safe, right? right??

of course they aren't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpurtahtnu0

Well, I know what I'm doing when I get home from work tonight.

Holy shit
    This is great
    What's the required INT for hidden body?

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this Demon Axe is good, but I do know that it is rad

Although holy moly do I ever have some upgrade remorse, I guess there's a finite amount of titanite scales in every play through huh?

Nope you can buy them later on

They cost like 20k each

something to keep in mind, but they're infinite if you're farmin souls

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • webberwebber Registered User regular
    Barcardi wrote: »
    I beat a ton of bosses tonight, progress, cleared
    The giant, which was a super cool fight once i figured out what was going on. Then I finally went back and beat the Anor Lando boss and that guy is just a jerk, eating other gods and whatnot. Then somehow i beat the dancer and i still dont know how I did that, it was so damn hard.

Now two dragons? Is there a cool non arrow from a distance way to kill these guys?

I don't know exactly what happened...but...
    I got to this area yesterday. I saw the two dragons and said...welp...I need more arrows. So i went back to firelink, loaded up on arrows and came back. I found a spot i could hit the rightmost dragon (in the butt area) and do a tick of damage, and started shooting. after about a dozen shots, both dragons suddenly died. I dont know why. I did not get any souls from them, so i think its an event that occurs.

btw, if you want to get creeped out, make sure you look UP in that zone.

the way you're "supposed" to do that section is to
    drop off the bridge onto the lower level, loop around the dragons, and attack them in the clearly-indicated weak point

although i doubt it's any faster to do it the regular way than to do it the way you did it

I really don't understand why they both die. It's super weird.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
This discussion has been closed.