As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dark Souls 3] Dark Souls 2 is a good game that is fun and great.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    webber wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Jesus MURPHY

So you can run away from the crocodog on the Irithyll bridge but the consequences of this action may not be worth it

Future spoiler:
    Now fight two at a time!

When do you fight two at a time? I don't remember this.
    Hidden room for the Aldritch Covenant. It's just before the archers.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Started Dark Souls 2 sotfs because I have no self control

This pursuer fight is the most annoying thing in the fucking world

the pursuer is training for gittin' gud

Nah, it's training for bullshit.

I can parry him all day fucking easily, but lining up a ballista shot on his dumb ass takes fucking forever. Then he inevitability kills both ballistas and I have to do it the long, boring way, only now sometimes I have to roll his attacks because he starts mixing it up more and, whoops, died again to some magic fucking hitbox bullshit. I've been "hit" by his downward slash when I was directly behind him more times than I can count.

Doesn't help that the runback fucking sucks, and the hollowing/curse mechanic makes it so that you have less room to fuck up each try.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I would love a dlc where you have the option of having a npc that interacts with the environment like archdragon peak

Let me be buddy buddy with aomeone for 4 hours of content

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Spending the afternoon being a Sunbro for people fighting Aldrich.

Really fun.

Also, having done a fair share of invading, I am baffled at how completely unwilling other invaders are to actually fight me.

Like, you're showing up in my world. I'm cool with that. Let's kill each other.

Oh you want to flask? Sure if you want.

Oh wait you ran out of flasks, because you have half as many as me. Maybe you shouldn't have encouraged using them. I'd have let you kill me in a fair fight, but you made your choice.

Oh hey you're now fleeing through trash so I have no choice but to wait around for you.

Oh hey now I'm basically putting the entire game on hold for ten minutes because you're a fucking pantywaist who can't actually fight me.

Oh good now there's two of you and I'm outnumbered because summon signs get grabbed in three seconds by someone else, and invaders don't have that problem.

When I'm invading I only start being a dipshit when people decide to gang up on me. I'm surprisingly reasonable!

If I were invading, I'd have just fucking left before letting it drag on this long, because who the fuck wants to loiter around for ten minutes instead of just getting it done and moving on to someone else? Kill me or get killed, that's fine. But don't waste my fucking time.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    understand i say this not to deride you for your current experiences or insinuate you are unskilled, but rather to suggest you sound frustrated and that that is influencing the situation

the pursuer has the slowest, most easily avoided attacks in the game and it should be a relatively simple matter to avoid being hit

working the ballistas is unnecessary and just spending time opening yourself to eating hits

if you are unsatisfied with the damage you're doing, it may be the weapon type - the difference between strike slash and thrust is more pronounced in DS2 than in other games, to the point where you will generally want to use a strike damage weapon like a mace for armoured bosses

liEt3nH.png
    A mace does significantly more damage against armor than other types of weapons

Honestly I think pursuer might have some of the best hitboxes in the game outside of its grab

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    understand i say this not to deride you for your current experiences or insinuate you are unskilled, but rather to suggest you sound frustrated and that that is influencing the situation

the pursuer has the slowest, most easily avoided attacks in the game and it should be a relatively simple matter to avoid being hit

working the ballistas is unnecessary and just spending time opening yourself to eating hits

if you are unsatisfied with the damage you're doing, it may be the weapon type - the difference between strike slash and thrust is more pronounced in DS2 than in other games, to the point where you will generally want to use a strike damage weapon like a mace for armoured bosses

Ugh, I started as a Deprived and am going mainly for dex thrusting swords, the only strike weapon I have would require 6 more points in strength. I guess I could grab my souls, parry his initial charge then homeward bone out to go buy the mace from the blacksmith guy, but that's really annoying. I don't see any other option though since I do fuck all damage to this guy with my current setup.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Piercing should also do good damage to him

If you dislike the size of his health bar, I have bad news for you

Especially if you intend on fighting all the bosses in the game, foremost Ancient Dragon

Platy on

Especially if you intend on fighting all the bosses in the game, foremost Ancient Dragon

I mean, I'm using a +2 raiper that gives me a danger warning by the time I get him down to 1/2 HP, so if this is piercing damage being good then I would hate to see what something that does bad damage to him is like.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Persuer's fight is way too monotonous for his health bar. It takes all of 30 seconds to figure out the fight, then it just keeps going on and on. I'd have preferred it had changed more in the second half, even if that made it harder. There's just nothing remotely interesting about it as a boss.

ZD98Zka.png
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I don't really have trouble summoning a second phantom, once I get the first one.

I'm working with Yuria. Would using a purging stone mess up that quest line?

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    purging stone's don't. Just healing the seal via the Firekeeper.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    I've either found a bug, or the weirdest feature in the Catacombs
    If you shoot the enemy at the far end of the first bridge with 2 arrows, he casually strolls off the bridge, every time.

ZD98Zka.png

I mean, I'm using a +2 raiper that gives me a danger warning by the time I get him down to 1/2 HP, so if this is piercing damage being good then I would hate to see what something that does bad damage to him is like.

I think it took some people fifteen minutes or longer to defeat Ancient Dragon? I can't really remember

edited April 2016
    I don't really have trouble summoning a second phantom, once I get the first one.

purging stone's don't. Just healing the seal via the Firekeeper.

OK
    Hmm

I found Siggy via jolly co-op! Got his breakfast, gestures, and exhausted his dialogue.

I summoned someone, put on my headset, and asked for help. So awesome.

The enemies in the Itheryll area hit hard and fast!

DouglasDanger on
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Persuer's fight is way too monotonous for his health bar. It takes all of 30 seconds to figure out the fight, then it just keeps going on and on. I'd have preferred it had changed more in the second half, even if that made it harder. There's just nothing remotely interesting about it as a boss.

As someone who really doesn't like "big dude in armor" boss fights, this is how most of the fights in DS2 felt for me. Double dragon riders was a stand out example.

Also Blake, get yourself a blunt weapon and don't look back. The stuff that is weak to blunt is REALLY weak to blunt, and nothing is really resistant to it. I had a bog standard mace as my fallback weapon for the whole game and it routinely did more damage than my more upgraded slashing weapons.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to take a break.

Last attempt I broke two rapiers getting him down to 10% before my dualshock lost power and died. I, of course, died soon after.

Never thrown a controller before, but god damn was I close after that.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Are you entirely sure you weren't hitting his shield

Because actually breaking two rapiers on him sounds strange

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Strike weapons like maces are the best weapons in DS2 if you just want to kill enemies. Whack whack whack.

Also I finally got my Vitality high enough to run around in the full Lothric Set with the Estus Ring and Covetous Silver Serpent Ring, and also my Heavy Great Axe +4

I managed to break Wolnir's jewelry in three hits apiece of a regular R1, which, HEY! That's exactly how many my stamina currently lets me swing!

This is why I like the big weapons, because they hit like trains and make me feel strong

Gator puppy didn't do much better, but it did illustrate I need to up my stamina and health for a while now that I'm at a good place in terms of weight

dN0T6ur.png
    edited April 2016

So it turns out that I should really pay attention to the text warnings before randomly joining covenants. I guess this Company of Champions thing gives bosses more HP and damage resistance?

I totally just clicked through all the warnings because I am a dumbass.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    eNWo3LD.jpg?1

liEt3nH.png
    Yeah I think it's time to go talk to a cat.

I am not ready to be a champion.

7h8wnycre6vs.png

So it turns that I should really pay attention to the text warnings before randomly joining covenants. I guess this Company of Champions thing gives bosses more HP and damage resistance?

-Speed Racer circa 2013

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    this is the reason reason dark souls writing is what it is, is they know no one reads anything in games anyway

liEt3nH.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Just make it the mirror knight fight but

So it turns that I should really pay attention to the text warnings before randomly joining covenants. I guess this Company of Champions thing gives bosses more HP and damage resistance?

-Speed Racer circa 2013

no no i knew

i just did it anyway

I just met Wolnir.

Fuck. That.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    he's not as bad as he seems

Aaaand, he's dead.

That was substantially less frustrating, holy shit.

7h8wnycre6vs.png

I am blitzed that people think Yuria would sell you an item that she'd hate you for using.

I boned out because I had 1 flask. Which wouldn't be so bad if the game wasn't suddenly not giving out bonfires. So now I'm back at the start, with one tiny shortcut unlocked.

ZD98Zka.png
    you missed a bonfire

liEt3nH.png
    Fuck

ZD98Zka.png
    Goatmon wrote: »

I am blitzed that people think Yuria would sell you an item that she'd hate you for using.

I didn't know Yuria sold them, my lord.

I just knew they were an item somewhere in the game, my lord.

Please, pardon my ignorance, my lord.

Yuria
    Killed her immediately. Sorry lady, I am not helping you Darkness loving bellends or doing whatever you're planning with Anri.

I trust Patches more than that lot.

Now I just need 98,000 souls to cure these free levels I took from Yoel.

ZD98Zka.png
    edited May 2016
    Just got done with a purple invasion that lasted nearly ten minutes or so.

I actually spent most of it hiding in plain sight. Wearing lothric knight cosplay and using the untrue black ring to blend in. After what felt like FOREVER I cornered a white phantom and took them out. Just needed one more so I waited around by the bonfire to see if the host would resummon one. They did.
    But they also spotted me and I had to run.

I then got ganked by an invisible (possibly glitched?) red invader who probably thought I was the host.

Nice going, buddy.

Goatmon on

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    About to soft cap vit on ds1, since hitting 16str/12dex to use the drakesword I've only pumped vit and end but now I think I'll leave vit alone and start alternating between endurancr and dexterity

2x39jD4.jpg
    edited May 2016
    Goatmon wrote: »

I didn't know Yuria sold them, my lord.

I just knew they were an item somewhere in the game, my lord.

Please, pardon my ignorance, my lord.

You're forgiven, good sir.

Ashcroft wrote: »
    Yuria
    Killed her immediately. Sorry lady, I am not helping you Darkness loving bellends or doing whatever you're planning with Anri.

I trust Patches more than that lot.

Now I just need 98,000 souls to cure these free levels I took from Yoel.

Yeah
    the sad thing about the sigils is that his levels are only free if you don't mind spending the game as a hollow.

Goatmon on

he's not as bad as he seems

One hit from him takes about 95% of my health.

I nicked his item for now. I'll go back there later. Much later.

ZD98Zka.png
This discussion has been closed.