As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dark Souls 3] Dark Souls 2 is a good game that is fun and great.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    the last area of the game
    what's the significance of the first flame now being housed in an archtree
    An archtree was the literal, physical foundation of Lordran. The First Flame is the metaphorical foundation of all kingdoms. With the foundation failing, the you see a vision of the kingdom buckling and contorting unnaturally, incapable of maintaining its form.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Heh, Anri quest end
    I'm playing a lady character this time so Anri was a dude, but they forgot to change Ludleth's lines when you pick up the sword from him. I could see people getting pretty confused if they didn't know that Anri's gender could change

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I mean I have a Dark Sword on Nepeta but it just doesn't seem right to throw away the claws. It's a theme thing!

I have heard you can get an invader who drops better claws to spawn early in the game...
    I have heard that the Pale Shade of Londor can come hunt you down outside of Farron Keep but you have to have already annoyed Yuria...? That's pretty difficult without just murdering Yoel or something... or spending some souls cleansing the Dark Sigil.

I want to play around with it but I also want to build for bleed because that's basically all that the Claws are good for. Fast attacks, high bleed build up. Thus I need luck. The Hallow infusion seems best for such a build but annoyingly scales somewhat on hallowing. If I burn bridges with Yoel and Yuria by cleansing the Dark Sigil my character will lose that luck bonus...

Oh, and @-Tal I think some of your confusion comes from Ludleth's usage of royal pronouns. He is probably just talking about himself.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    re: claws
    Use a Purging Stone to reset hollowing to 0, die 3 times to set it back to 15 (requirement for luck bonus), then pay $texas to clear the curse. The hollowing will stay unless you use another purging stone.

• Options
    Garthor wrote: »
    re: claws
    Use a Purging Stone to reset hollowing to 0, die 3 times to set it back to 15 (requirement for luck bonus), then pay $texas to clear the curse. The hollowing will stay unless you use another purging stone.

Oh this is quite neat! I only have taken upon one Dark Sigil so I could probably do this without $texas souls! I am even close to 15 already because I threw myself at the Abyss Watchers quite a few times.
    They have such high resistance to bleeding... it could even be immunity! I guess all that Wolfs Blood is just for fucking show!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I mean I have a Dark Sword on Nepeta but it just doesn't seem right to throw away the claws. It's a theme thing!

I have heard you can get an invader who drops better claws to spawn early in the game...
    I have heard that the Pale Shade of Londor can come hunt you down outside of Farron Keep but you have to have already annoyed Yuria...? That's pretty difficult without just murdering Yoel or something... or spending some souls cleansing the Dark Sigil.

I want to play around with it but I also want to build for bleed because that's basically all that the Claws are good for. Fast attacks, high bleed build up. Thus I need luck. The Hallow infusion seems best for such a build but annoyingly scales somewhat on hallowing. If I burn bridges with Yoel and Yuria by cleansing the Dark Sigil my character will lose that luck bonus...

Oh, and @-Tal I think some of your confusion comes from Ludleth's usage of royal pronouns. He is probably just talking about himself.

I thought the hollow infusion scaled off the luck stat, not your hollowing.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

I thought the hollow infusion scaled off the luck stat, not your hollowing.

It does, but if you have a certain amount of hollowing it gives you a bonus.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    straight swords in general are pretty top-tier weapons, I dunno if the dark sword is that much better than the weapon class as a whole.

I'm thinking I need to get that gem we were talking about yesterday, and slap it on a straight sword. Was it the chaos gem?

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    straight swords in general are pretty top-tier weapons, I dunno if the dark sword is that much better than the weapon class as a whole.

I'm thinking I need to get that gem we were talking about yesterday, and slap it on a straight sword. Was it the chaos gem?

With the A/A int and faith scaling? Yeah, that or dark.

edit: it seems straight swords all end up with B/B scaling at +10, but that's far from shabby.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Is anyone available to help me through the goddamned dungeon?

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Sure, I can help.

I'll drop a sign at the first bonfire.

What password do you wanna use?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Unless you're playing on 360 or PS4. I'm on PC.

• Options
    Goatmon to @DouglasDanger , come in Douglas.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Oh man, the Fextralife wiki
    A popular way players are defeating Sword Master Saber is forcing him off the side of the cliff. You can bait out his lunge attack at the edge of ledge, causing both of you to fall off.

Pro strats! And why does the wiki think he is called "Sword Master Saber", he uses a katana

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I've beaten him once or twice that way, entirely on accident.

Most recently I beat him by throwing 20 fireballs at him.

Goatmon on

• Options
    re: profaned capital
    I was pretty disappointed with the dungeon after how much you guys were hyping it up. I was hoping it would be bigger. It was spoopy, sure, but it was just the one large main room, the giant's room, and a few connecting tunnels. And then the profaned capital is even smaller. I was hoping the dungeon would be more like the dungeon+the capital areas combined in size and then the capital would be even more substantial. But then again I always hope areas are more huge and more "can you see a place? you can go there!" in general in souls games than they actually end up being.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    There is a theory that Sword Master Saber may actually be Shiva of the East

Yeah, of course

Platy on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    speaking of irina
    the 'good' end of her quest really doesn't feel good at all? she's chilling out surrounded by the corpses of the fire keepers and wont even converse with you outside of level up. and eagon is just dead for mysterious reasons (to get his gear, i know)

why on earth would you presume that what irina wants is a good thing

every other firekeeper is evidence against that

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    More like shiva the deceased

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    there is no reason to think sword master is shiva of the east, he doesn't use any of the gear associated with shiva or have any voice lines. If he used the murakumo or chaos blade or that armor set maybe, but he's just a nameless generic katana guy.

also he has a summon sign later in the game and his name is just "Sword Master"

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Well, I mean
    That's what Eygon wanted for her, too.

So I dunno.

• Options
    @Goatmon
    I'm on ps4

• Options
    Ah, my apologies.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    there is no reason to think sword master is shiva of the east, he doesn't use any of the gear associated with shiva or have any voice lines. If he used the murakumo or chaos blade or that armor set maybe, but he's just a nameless generic katana guy.

also he has a summon sign later in the game and his name is just "Sword Master"

The prevailing theory about Katana guy on reddit
    He represents the hero who came too late to untended graves because all he did was pvp and never actually finished the story.

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    sometimes a dude with a katana is just a dude with a katana

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Sword Master Saber's sister is called Club Mistress Shillelagh and she uses a tonfa

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Im watch Patrick Klepek go through the icy area with the icy sword

Suprisingly it is tough

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Sword Master Saber's sister is called Club Mistress Shillelagh and she uses a tonfa

steelheart ellie

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Fuck why arent tonfas a thing

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

Suprisingly it is tough

i mean it doesn't help that patrick is kinda doofy

has he still not seen ludleth

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    No idea

I cant actually watch patrick play games for any length of time because he misses things so badly

He beat Wolfnir without realizing the gimmick

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    WKZZ9E4.png

you know it occurs to me that these guys are irythll knight lookalikes

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    No idea

I cant actually watch patrick play games for any length of time because he misses things so badly

He beat Wolfnir without realizing the gimmick

Wait... what?

How is that... what?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    He got really really lucky bith his terrible aim

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Yhorm will be quite a puzzle then

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Suprisingly it is tough

the stretch at the start of the icy area from the bonfire in the square to the next one is just fucking difficult, gave me the most trouble out of any area in the game.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Found a neat little magic-ish PvP build. Dual wielding Witch's locks with Immolation Tinder, casting long range Farron Flash Sword with the Tinder, with black fire bombs and a parry tool in reserve. Whole lot of tools available, including two great weapon arts.

I call it my Dhalsim build. Gotta use the right tools at the right ranges, whittle down your opponent with pokes, and if they get in you're gonna have a bad time.

• Options
    wait does the immolation tinder let you cast point blank spells at long range?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    wait does the immolation tinder let you cast point blank spells at long range?

Farron Flashsword creates the sword at the end of the catalyst. With ridiculously long, spear like catalysts you get a weapon more akin to a glaive: a blade at the end of a spear that you swing with.

Corp.Shephard on
This discussion has been closed.