Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    1463766785-Ch5Pg119.png
    Spender just pausing to take a quick selfie

Paranatural

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    dniesh7zzudk.jpg

ap.jpg 273.5K
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    good looking out there alice

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    what the fuck

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Here's some more A Better Place, in which, uh, mistakes are made...
    c473c3fabbde40a0878f34a52b2dec10.jpg
    7cfa3864c81441999adb5212c478fbb9.jpg
    210c841f4da24a608fd7a1195e2b2a9f.jpg
    7a3baffd1ec342d197c15d3ae4eb7287.jpg
    fe4d2adf0c7c44bd931f989ae7ba4ecd.jpg
    78d09b4312ad491eb514b264ae225203.jpg
    And a God is born

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    strong shades of the demon's mirror characters there

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    And worked out exactly how you expected it to.

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    l_g wrote: »
    Order of the Stick is a webcomic I never got into reading because every page of it I've ever been shown has reams of text across literally dozens of dialogue balloons coupled with inoffensive but not at all captivating art. I've certainly seen and forgotten plenty of comics that are even more visually unappealing, but Order of the Stick has got to be up there in terms of works utilizing its medium in a manner that is immediately to its disadvantage towards prospective audience members of it.

Which is a shame, because the funny examples of Order of the Stick I have actually parsed through have been genuinely entertaining based on their dialogue.

I think a lot of this is just your personal taste. Simple iconic art has been shown to be much easier for people to identify with, and the simple page layouts mean people don't really get confused while reading it. There's a lot of text now, but the earlier pages were much less dense, it's grown more so as the characters and plots have gotten more complex. There's a lot of text, but it flows pretty well. I would read any number of OOTS strips over one of the erfworld text updates.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    1463766785-Ch5Pg119.png

Paranatural

Which one of them has the Sesshomaru wallpaper this is important

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    the ending will be them hugging and her exploding

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wait become?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Become?

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    N5MzCZY.jpg

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    iYMaOjI.png
    What happens next will leave you breathless!

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    737b2a39cs65j.png
    Gone too far.
    mokepon.smackjeeves.com

Time to show the downside of using traded Pokemon without the proper credentials.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    1463772999-gn%C3%B6%C3%B6.jpg

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Wait become?
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Become?

good jokes everyone

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Wait become?
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Become?

good jokes everyone

Yeah because we aren't Jeph Jacques.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The most boring qc character will always be tito

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    :bzz: cum

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    hmm I had not thought of runes to make a western themed D&D
    Primed runes would work for rifles and pistols

I had a real convoluted character I came up with for a friends campaign who had a large pistol, and the hammer of the pistol was inscribed with a partial magic circle. And then his hand crafted bullets had the other part of the magic circle on the back of the shell casing, so when the hammer struck the bullet it would complete the magic circle and cast the spell.

So effectively he was a wizard with some weird quirks to his mechanics, using things like bullets that shot fireballs and lightning bolts.

• Options
    The most boring qc character will always be tito

:)

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    many or most of the table titans pages aren't loading for me, I think they are having technical problems

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Fuck, I just read up to this page again in OOTS. It's rare that a comic can make me actually tear up

There are quite a few stabs to the gut
    877-880
    841-843
    624-642
    393 up until the penultimate panel thank god

Best battle ever in OOTS:
    5DtJG5gPN3ctPr9N5G3.gif

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    niT8bLU.jpg

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

I had a real convoluted character I came up with for a friends campaign who had a large pistol, and the hammer of the pistol was inscribed with a partial magic circle. And then his hand crafted bullets had the other part of the magic circle on the back of the shell casing, so when the hammer struck the bullet it would complete the magic circle and cast the spell.

So effectively he was a wizard with some weird quirks to his mechanics, using things like bullets that shot fireballs and lightning bolts.

I did a very similar thing! My character was a steampunk cyborg gunslinger who would have the hammer stamp the last piece of an arcane glyph on the shell. Except he was just using it to open a conduit to the Demi-Elemental Plane of Lightning and propel otherwise ordinary bullets via magnetic charge, meaning he could still fire normally in the vacuum of the interdimensional void where all his crew's hyperspace train robberies took place.

He also coined the phrase "like a bayonet on a sniper rifle" among my players, meaning a thing that looks stupid and impractical until you remember that Wizards are a thing.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    And worked out exactly how you expected it to.

Gotta say as powers go that's one of the best though especially if there's no narrative imposed limits.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Veretas wrote: »
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    1463766785-Ch5Pg119.png

Paranatural

Which one of them has the Sesshomaru wallpaper this is important

It's Isaac how is this even a question?

• Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    l_g wrote: »
    Order of the Stick is a webcomic I never got into reading because every page of it I've ever been shown has reams of text across literally dozens of dialogue balloons coupled with inoffensive but not at all captivating art. I've certainly seen and forgotten plenty of comics that are even more visually unappealing, but Order of the Stick has got to be up there in terms of works utilizing its medium in a manner that is immediately to its disadvantage towards prospective audience members of it.

Which is a shame, because the funny examples of Order of the Stick I have actually parsed through have been genuinely entertaining based on their dialogue.

I think a lot of this is just your personal taste. Simple iconic art has been shown to be much easier for people to identify with, and the simple page layouts mean people don't really get confused while reading it. There's a lot of text now, but the earlier pages were much less dense, it's grown more so as the characters and plots have gotten more complex. There's a lot of text, but it flows pretty well. I would read any number of OOTS strips over one of the erfworld text updates.

I've thought about this before, because some comics which I have enjoyed reading were immensely wordy: Watchmen is chock full of text complete with illustration-free straight prose following some chapters, and Strong Female Protagonist can certainly challenge if not sometimes beat OotS in sheer word count per page. Admittedly, I've been reading SFP for a lot longer than I've read OotS, so the amount of investment I've already put into it definitely biases how willing I am to read it. That said, I would never hesitate to recommend SFP to somebody even with the caveat of it being text-heavy.

I don't dislike the art of OotS at all, and in the same line of thought that you mention regarding its simplicity, I have found it more appealing than many other comics with much more detailed art... but that's not the same as finding it sufficiently appealing to fill me with a desire to pursue it. In the stickman vein, I've never failed to find xkcd's stickmen appealing. I'm ok with highly abstract art just as I'm ok with highly concrete depictions.

All of this I realize now reads as a defense of my own tastes against my claims about OotS, but I do think that some of how OotS is just isn't going to grab people... and that's ok! It very thoroughly has its own identity in its writing and its style. I could see a tiny thumbnail of an OotS page and be able to say "that looks like OotS", and that is absolutely a good thing. I could read a bunch of dialogue balloons without any of the art and say "that reads like OotS". And I could do both of those in spite of how little OotS I have actually read. I think that's an immensely good quality, and I wouldn't ever ask them to change it just because it doesn't grab me.

In conclusion ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH

l_g on
    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    George Washington Carver did not invent peanut butter
    He developed sweet potatoes and legumes into what we know them as today
    Many of the products made from them he helped to research or make into what we know of them

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    2016-05-14-webcomics-horror-comics-art.jpg
    2016-05-20-webcomics-horror-comics-art.jpg

• Options
    false positive has resisted abruptly ending this story longer than I thought it would

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    New Poppy O'Possum is up!
    LAgKafM.jpg
    Kit is the Queen, so if anyone is going to get the right to drop the comic's only F-Bomb, it's going to be her.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Coinage on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Maddoc wrote: »

I did a very similar thing! My character was a steampunk cyborg gunslinger who would have the hammer stamp the last piece of an arcane glyph on the shell. Except he was just using it to open a conduit to the Demi-Elemental Plane of Lightning and propel otherwise ordinary bullets via magnetic charge, meaning he could still fire normally in the vacuum of the interdimensional void where all his crew's hyperspace train robberies took place.

He also coined the phrase "like a bayonet on a sniper rifle" among my players, meaning a thing that looks stupid and impractical until you remember that Wizards are a thing.

Thirding here. Mine had a triple-barreled gun with the grooves inside of each being a distorted magical circle, so whichever bullet went out gained an elemental charge. For fun times, pull all three at once. Hell of a recoil on that move though. And oftentimes borderline ineffective without catching the other players off guard because so many goddamn elemental mages/knights/hybrid of the two.

Also I knew the girl would try to kill the god horrorthing with whatever her wish was, just by her social views. Too bad she didn't get a chance to grow up and realize they're awful views before getting the means to enact them. So now she's going to be a horrific monster the other kid's going to have to stop somehow.
    I have always envisioned the ability not to create anything I want, but rather summon the characters I've created. Then I dismiss that wish because 1) free will is a big thing to me and so 2) they would all try to fucking murder me.

Madican on
This discussion has been closed.