As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Demon Free Webcomic Thread

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    that's why women's razors suck. The manufacturing team thinks they just have to shave away foam.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Funny thing about women's razor commercials vs men's: A man will be shown shaving away his beard, but even when they show a woman shaving, the never show hair at all.

When I was at the movie theater a while back I saw an ad for... some kind of battery-powered callus stone? Like, you use it on your foot to smooth out the rough skin. And the ad had a lot of callus dust flying off the foot when it was being demonstrated.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Funny thing about women's razor commercials vs men's: A man will be shown shaving away his beard, but even when they show a woman shaving, the never show hair at all.

When I was at the movie theater a while back I saw an ad for... some kind of battery-powered callus stone? Like, you use it on your foot to smooth out the rough skin. And the ad had a lot of callus dust flying off the foot when it was being demonstrated.

I just giggled thinking about filming the commercial, and there's the person pretending to use the stone while someone above them claps some chalkboard erasers together

JtgVX0H.png
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    2875.png
    I'm glad most of Doom so far is set on Mars because the Hell landscape can get a bit drab after a while. The Mars complex is varied and have all kind of cool machinery while Hell is a huge brown hill.

I think I'm halfway thru the game and I added the Plasma Rifle to my Combat Shotgun rotation, which is basically all I need until I run out of ammo. It's not to say the other weapons are bad but those 2 so far deal with all kinda of problems.

And I see why people say Glory Kills get repetitive after a while. I'd gladly accept a toggle so you could just melee the enemy with no camera change. It's a good idea which perhaps the Bethesta team liked a bit too much.

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I always chuckle at the amount of lather in women's shaving adds

like jeez ladies, you must go through a bottle every time you shave

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget

Yeah, I almost never use shaving cream or soap when I shave. Oftentimes I don't even use water, I'll just scrape the razor against my dry face. Even when I do use shaving cream, I just use a tiny amount

JtgVX0H.png
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I used to have a badger fur brush and sandalwood shave soap.

It was extremely luxurious.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I shave once every couple weeks because I hate shaving

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I shave once every couple months because I hate shaving

edited for me

BahamutZERO.gif
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Men shave nothing too when they're doing body hair, hair below the neck is morally wrong I guess.

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I stopped shaving years ago. It's great.

ZD98Zka.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I skin my face every day to combat gender dysphoria

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular

Is this an American thing? The ladies in our razor adverts don't use foam/cream at all, or anything much besides sensuously flowing water, if that.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Darmak wrote: »

Yeah, I almost never use shaving cream or soap when I shave. Oftentimes I don't even use water, I'll just scrape the razor against my dry face. Even when I do use shaving cream, I just use a tiny amount

I need a lot of and a specific kind of shaving soap when I shave or else I look like sideways Two-Face, I can't even imagine the blasted wreckage I'd leave behind if I tried it dry

like, Guernica

Depressperado on
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    I ... just use an electric razor. Replace every five years or so.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    My carapace maintains an appealing semi-gloss finish with minimal maintenance

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I shed my skin and all attached follicles thrice a year.

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I've got a safety razor and a few years worth of razor blades.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Aren't women's razors exactly the same but with a pink handle?
    They're actually more usable. Every "one time use" razor for dudes I've used sucks motherfucking ass and is a danger to the employer. Women's disposable razors are functionable well beyond the third-fourth time. I might have found a good "brand" of disposable razors though.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Maybe it's a bit bourgeois but I just find a new host body when the hair and stuff gets nasty...

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I switched to double-edged razors and haven't looked back

by far it's been the cheapest and most effective solution for my shaving needs

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I just drag my face along the pavement while hanging out the door of my '69 cuda doing 80 through a school zone.
    Sure, it's bad for the street, but it's cheaper than getting new blades.

see317 on
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    My shaving strategy is simple

It's called "being unable to grow facial hair beyond peach fuzz"

Why are you failing me, follicles?

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular

A questionable tonic is purchased, all in the name of hair

beyond all expectations it works, thicker and darker fibers bristle from a boyish face

too thick, too rough. Not human, no. It's almost Tarantula-like, but that's just crazy

VRXwDW7.png
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I would be willing to do a follicle transplant with you.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Shaving sucks, I hate it. The only thing worse than shaving is having a beard.

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I actually kind of enjoy shaving.(It's pretty relaxing.) It's just I don't like making the time to do it.

• SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    I shave until I'm sick of shaving, and then I grow a beard until I'm sick of the beard. It usually corresponds to a shave-summer, beard-winter cycle.

sig.gif
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    Aren't women's razors exactly the same but with a pink handle?
    They're actually more usable. Every "one time use" razor for dudes I've used sucks motherfucking ass and is a danger to the employer. Women's disposable razors are functionable well beyond the third-fourth time. I might have found a good "brand" of disposable razors though.
    Well you don't use the crappy ones that are all one piece, you use the ones with replaceable heads. I use CVS' knockoff of the mach 3 and I only have to replace the blades every couple months.

I shave until I'm sick of shaving, and then I grow a beard until I'm sick of the beard. It usually corresponds to a shave-summer, beard-winter cycle.

I only shave because my job requires I stay clean shaven so I can get a good seal on a gas mask if I need to don one. My facial hair is so thin and patchy though that I only ever need to shave like a couple of times a week. While not having to shave all the time is convenient, I would like to have the option of being able to grow a beard at some point, or maybe being able to have a five o'clock shadow on the weekends or something. Instead, if I don't shave for a few days it looks like I have dirt on my face and it never gets thicker ever.

JtgVX0H.png
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

A questionable tonic is purchased, all in the name of hair

beyond all expectations it works, thicker and darker fibers bristle from a boyish face

too thick, too rough. Not human, no. It's almost Tarantula-like, but that's just crazy

Yes yes I want this

I want tarantula facial hair

I could shoot it at my enemies to blind them just like tarantulas!

It'd be great

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I can grow facial hair basically to the edge of my chin and below (a literal neck beard if I don't shave). It grows slow, it's coarse and I hate how I can't ever seem to grow an actual beard. Can grow a mustache though (also very slowly).

It would take me literal years to grow a mustache or beard, and it would still be thin, patchy, and ugly as hell.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Adding all of this useful info to the SE++ spreadsheet.

MI_web_327a.jpg

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    bh_book3_page006_iris.jpg

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    it did take me literal years to grow facial hair that was not patchy and kinda ugly

it's pretty good now. Not what I quite wanted, but still good.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I used to shave every day and wet shake as I have sadly learned from the start to either do that or dry shave
    But then I have not shaved since Sept and I am looking forward to it as this beard will be quite the nasty thing this summer

Michael, I know you are in a stressful situation now

but you are being increasingly rude as a representative of Earth

VRXwDW7.png
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    nw02_133.jpg

nw02_134.jpg

North World: Epic of Conrad ran as a webcomic in 2007-2008. The original webcomic site is now down, but the comic is available on the author's website. It has also been published by Oni Press as a paperback

aRkpc.gif
This discussion has been closed.