As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Demon Free Webcomic Thread

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    One punch man punched him twice so far by my count

Does the series end here or what

Hes holding back and testing Garou

Not even testing, he knows Garou is still technically human rather than a monster and doesn't want to hit him full strength as that would kill him. That's why he's trying to give him a chance to stand down and walk away.

Also keep in mind that Saitama still thinks Garou's just been playing a game and hasn't done anything more serious than a dine and dash when they first "met".

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Where do we find the rest of opm? The imgiur link shows only 2 more chaptets

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    There's a comic event in Vancouver called VanCAF going on this weekend. Among the artists there are the authors of Blindsprings, Questionable Content, Band vs Band, Epic of Conrad, Always Raining Here, Namesake, and probably others. I don't even regularly read any of those works, but I was still impressed to see all the authors of them in one place.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

The rest is on ONE's website

The rest translated is in darker corners of the internet

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    One punch man punched him twice so far by my count

Does the series end here or what

Hes holding back and testing Garou

Not even testing, he knows Garou is still technically human rather than a monster and doesn't want to hit him full strength as that would kill him. That's why he's trying to give him a chance to stand down and walk away.

Also keep in mind that Saitama still thinks Garou's just been playing a game and hasn't done anything more serious than a dine and dash when they first "met".

Also, Garou HAS been basically playing a game.

He hasn't killed anyone so far in any of his appearances.

He's just a monster for hobby despite what he says and thinks. He's not a bad guy, he just hates how the weak get picked on and hates bullying under the guise of "Hero" work(Hell, most of the villians in OPM have been people who have been pushed over the edge due to circumstance).

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    (91-107 are available on other unlinkable places)
    I'll get around to uploading them whenever I feel like it. Probably before I catch up, I guess.

I've got other stuff to do today, though, and it's kind of a tedious process so I like putting it off as long as I can.

(Hell, most of the villians in OPM have been people who have been pushed over the edge due to circumstance).
    And sometimes those circumstances are getting stuck in a chicken suit.

Also, a lot of the villains we see are ones that are "real" monsters - that is to say, they were born as monsters rather than being humans who transformed into them. Most of them still have some kind of reason for attacking humans, though, be it Vaccine Man's anti-pollution agenda or the Underground King's overpopulation issues. It's just that those agendas are counter to human existence.

Boros is kind of interesting in how he's pretty much just an evil Saitama. An evil space pirate Saitama.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    Boros is kind of interesting in how he's pretty much just an evil Saitama. An evil space pirate Saitama.
    How do you think Saitama's story ends?
    I'm betting that after convincing the assorted monsters and villains on Earth that it's better to work with humanity than get splattered over the landscape by Saitama and/or the other heroes, (and, of course, splattering those who can't adjust their worldview accordingly) he's going to get bored, convince someone to give him a spaceship and go looking for a real fight among the stars.
    Maybe he'll shackle himself down with some kind of Harrison Bergeron style gear so he can get some kind of challenge out of it. Maybe not.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Saitama was the real Disaster Level God all along

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I was once thinking about the future plot of OPM and it's ending, and this is what i came up with.
    I assume that even with all these comedic elements, OPM story will be mostly serious. My theory is that Saitama's "training" had nothing to do with his strength, and SOMETHING happened to him, and he truly isn't aware of it. At the end of the story, he will willingly reverse the process, turning himself into ordinary man, so he can become strong hero again, this time on his own terms, thus finally giving himself real challenge.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    He
    accidentally punches himself.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Asthariel wrote: »
    I was once thinking about the future plot of OPM and it's ending, and this is what i came up with.
    I assume that even with all these comedic elements, OPM story will be mostly serious. My theory is that Saitama's "training" had nothing to do with his strength, and SOMETHING happened to him, and he truly isn't aware of it. At the end of the story, he will willingly reverse the process, turning himself into ordinary man, so he can become strong hero again, this time on his own terms, thus finally giving himself real challenge.

yeah I can picture that happening
    maybe something to do with the mysterious "god" who gave the hobo emperor his power.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular

wasnt there a big explanation about
    Saitama had broken his limiter. Which is something you're not meant to be able to do. Which is why he's ridiculously strong? There's a chapter later where... I think it was tanktop master, or maybe darkshine, was doing several thousand of some exercise. Clearly the training saitama did isnt on that level. Which means something had to have happened to him (and the theory given by that one scientist guy was the limit-break). Whether that means he'll eventually lose his strength or what is up for speculation.

Also as for the next villain (Storyline spoilers!)
    IIRC the leader of the monster alliance is actually a human disguised as a monster. She, like fubuki and tatsumaki is a psychic. Apparently Fubuki believes that she "saw" something that drove her mad/insane. Which is implied to be the end of the world/an upcoming disaster of some kind. So there's presumably still some super-big threat out there.

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    IIRC the leader of the monster alliance is actually a human disguised as a monster. She, like fubuki and tatsumaki is a psychic. Apparently Fubuki believes that she "saw" something that drove her mad/insane. Which is implied to be the end of the world/an upcoming disaster of some kind. So there's presumably still some super-big threat out there.

That's already happened, by the way. Psykos got beaten a while ago, and all that's left is Garou vs. Saitama.

Anime/manga fans beware, this is webcomics country.
    see317 wrote: »
    I'm betting that after convincing the assorted monsters and villains on Earth that it's better to work with humanity than get splattered over the landscape by Saitama and/or the other heroes, (and, of course, splattering those who can't adjust their worldview accordingly) he's going to get bored, convince someone to give him a spaceship and go looking for a real fight among the stars.
    Maybe he'll shackle himself down with some kind of Harrison Bergeron style gear so he can get some kind of challenge out of it. Maybe not.

I figure that the end of OPM will be Saitama facing off against Hyper Super-GOD (FINAL FORM), getting overenthusiastic and killing it in a single punch, and then a single beat panel followed by Saitama crying out in despair at being too damn strong.

End it like it begins, in other words.

Although I could certainly see something more serious coming out of it, even in its most serious bits OPM still has comedy. I can see it going out on a gag.

• ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular

wasnt there a big explanation about
    Saitama had broken his limiter. Which is something you're not meant to be able to do. Which is why he's ridiculously strong? There's a chapter later where... I think it was tanktop master, or maybe darkshine, was doing several thousand of some exercise. Clearly the training saitama did isnt on that level. Which means something had to have happened to him (and the theory given by that one scientist guy was the limit-break). Whether that means he'll eventually lose his strength or what is up for speculation.

opm/metal bat spoilers
    Yeah, the house of evolution noticed that.

Saitama broke his limiter, this was noticed by the only character from HoE who could tell that he was unbelievably strong just by getting near him. HoE filled in Zombie man when he came to get revenge and they were like "sorry dude, we already got wrekt in volume 1 and you are so late it hurts." There are suspicions that some of the other S-class heroes might have done pseudo-limiter breaks, in particular metal bat might have a sister complex driving him. ONE described him as "truly powerful" and said that there's a good chance he could have soloed Garou, if he had run across him and if they weren't interrupted by anything.

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular

That's already happened, by the way. Psykos got beaten a while ago, and all that's left is Garou vs. Saitama.

Anime/manga fans beware, this is webcomics country.
    see317 wrote: »

I figure that the end of OPM will be Saitama facing off against Hyper Super-GOD (FINAL FORM), getting overenthusiastic and killing it in a single punch, and then a single beat panel followed by Saitama crying out in despair at being too damn strong.

End it like it begins, in other words.

Although I could certainly see something more serious coming out of it, even in its most serious bits OPM still has comedy. I can see it going out on a gag.

after garou fight spoilers
    Psykos gets locked up and fubuki + saitama go to see her. Which is where Fubuki questions her about "What did you see!?" Tatsumaki also shows up in an attempt to kill psykos and ends up fighting Saitama for a bit. The implications about the whole world-ending thing is post-garou fight.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Someone tell the dumbing of age kids it isn't breaking in if its your house!

Or rather it may be breaking in, but it's not illegal

I think the reasoning was that it might as well be as the dad had connections with law enforcement.

I'd wager they'd distance themselves after he shot up a college

I believe the conclusion that was arrived to here is that based on the way Joyce's mom reacted, they could run into trouble trying to get into the house via asking if they approach someone who shares mom's feelings on the subject of Becky and her dad.

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Monster-Pulse

ql2B5OR.jpg

of like mercenaries right? guns for hire? people who professionally hunt people for a living, and already have experience working in teams with other people who hunt people for a living, since it's not like you have the time OR the expertise to train them to do these things, and since the quarry in question are really actually literally the world's foremost experts on fighting with organ pokemon, grade-A-#1-the-best, so whoever you send after them will need to have some other kind of advantage in order to have any hope of success at all?

nah let's do schoolkids again

Seriously on
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    How about like a gun instead of weird gross organ beasts, have you tried buckshot injections, how do those work on your average liver goblin

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    When all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Also of note from the OPM author:
    Garou is roughly as strong as Boros was. Still super impressive for anyone not Saitama but he's not really an "upgrade" over Boros.

What's the deal with Earth if that Boros dude can scour the galaxy and not find a single good fight but then show up here and there's tons of people who could stomp a hole in him even besides Saitama

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    What's the deal with Earth if that Boros dude can scour the galaxy and not find a single good fight but then show up here and there's tons of people who could stomp a hole in him even besides Saitama

I think you overestimate a lot of the heroes.

Well alright like five anyway, and presumably if a bunch of the S classes teamed up they would have smashed him, not like apparently every other planet where he just obliterated everything

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Boros was the main character of his story. Unfortunately for him, he found his way into Saitama's story and lost the protagonist protection.

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    527.jpg
    Turns out Onni wasn't just being a jerk about not tutoring Reynir.

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    1463891343-006_001.jpg
    I'm surprised nobody called this happening, we totally foreshadowed that Clawlossus chills with the Doll-Fins on a poster back here!

Uh, people remember the Doll-Fins, right? It's been a while...

- Gunwild

So I bought a Surface 3, the non pro model, for really cheap. I like it!

- Psu

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    527.jpg
    Turns out Onni wasn't just being a jerk about not tutoring Reynir.

Onni-chan has no time for his onee-chan.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    So do I fuck the crab too, or

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

Never not be fucking crustaceans

JtgVX0H.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    2016-05-22-afb4a506.png

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    dc20160523.png

I guess as a ghost peeping is a hobby

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular

Hold out for the giant wasp monster

VRXwDW7.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular

Hit it's weak spot for massive damage.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    Monster-Pulse

ql2B5OR.jpg
    Now kiss. Kiss the skinless man!

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    "slap me some skin!

oh... sorry"

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    9josbi7.jpg
    That's not ominous at all!

This seems like a fantastic place to leave off for a few weeks. I need to take a brief hiatus to attend Megacon in Orlando this weekend! And also finish one of my giant annual freelance jobs. Updates will resume two weeks from today, June 6th. Thanks for reading along, my lovelies.

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_43.html

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I still assume OPM will end with
    Saitama punching down the fourth wall and kicking the author's ass for putting him in this situation and never having a good fight. And for making everything so OP over everyone else's level so his friends keep on getting hurt to make him look good.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Is it too late for Beard Chat in the Beard Thread?

A few years back, I was in a hotel for a job interview out of town. It occurred to me that my facial hair, cultivated over three years of alternating self-employment and work-at-home jobs where I communicated with my bosses mainly via email, was approaching Duck Dynasty Cosplay levels. So I ran out to a drug store and picked up a cheapass beard trimmer.

Well, it lasted about five minutes before some internal part broke. I suspect equal blame goes to what a shoddy piece of bargain bin garbage it was, and what a dense Facial Rainforest I was using it to hack away at. There were still huge insane tufts all down one cheek, which I had to finish trimming down using the tiny scissors on my pocket knife. And I was so disgruntled by all of this that I forgot to scoop the Cousin IT sized hair wad out of the sink before running the water.

I clogged the drain so bad that my embarrassment compelled me to check out of the hotel a day early, leaving only a swirling basin of murky hair-broth and a $20 tip for the maid. I just moved my luggage to a bus station locker, and showed up to my bus home nine hours early the next day. Didn't get the job either.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    2016-05-23-frame.png
    dumbingofage.com

Something tells me that's not gonna be fixable.

• existexist Registered User regular
    that's stupid

UmPiq.png
This discussion has been closed.