As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Superhero] Thread Will Be With You Until The End Of The Line

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'm very interested to see how Bendis does on CW2, his very spotty event book record aside.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Frankly, everyone should be much more pissed at Reed for mathematically proving that registration is correct, but forgetting to carry the Skrull.

I feel like everyone should be pissed at Reed most of the time for one reason or another

He's often quite bad at being the smartest man on earth

I mean, it's hard being Doom.

steam_sig.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Everybody seems to forget that the Tony that has been running around ever since Siege is not the same Tony from Civil War. That Tony effectively killed himself and was replaced with pre-Civil War Tony.

what did he do in seige
    overwrite his brain or something

He completely wiped his mind, leaving himself braindead, and then Pepper (I think it was Pepper, been a while since I read it) restored his mind from a backup copy he made before Civil War.

Technically he didn't do it in Siege, but Siege was where he came back after being braindead for a bit.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I'm very interested to see how Bendis does on CW2, his very spotty event book record aside.
    He really doesn't have that spotty of a record though?

Like Age of Ultron is easily the worst modern event, sure, but otherwise his events record is pretty dang good between Siege, Secret Invasion and House of M.

He also did 3 issues of AvX and some of Battle of the Atom, but the latter was Jason Aaron's show for the most part.

Oh and Black Vortex I guess but, like BotA, it was Humphries' event and Bendis just contributed.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    MorkathDedwrekka
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Woo, caught up on Standoff
    Well, at least with the books I was already reading
    Good stuff all around!

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Woo, caught up on Standoff
    Well, at least with the books I was already reading
    Good stuff all around!
    Steve is so handsome

CYpGAPn.png
    Grey Ghost
    "There is no re-upping yet. I was just saying in my last interview that it's so funny thinking about how fast time has moved, we started this in 2010 and six years (snaps finger) has gone in a blink of an eye. In the beginning, it was so terrifying and now you're almost scared to ... I'm scared to walk away. I'm scared to not have one of these (Marvel movie) coming. These past six years there's always been, 'Next year we start that one.' And it's been wonderful, especially because the movies are so good. When you make good movies, who wants to stop doing that? So, I don't know. We'll see. I know in the comic books that the shield gets passed off. And what you do know, more than anything else in this process -- meeting fans, experiencing these junkets and people who love the character, the character is bigger than you and whatever the character needs, whatever Marvel needs for that arc, I'm willing to do. So if that is me passing it off, you pass it off. But if they want to make more, I'm ready."

CYpGAPn.png
    BionicPenguinDevlin_DragonussarukunEtchwartsWearingglassesZonugalCenomasterofmetroidFencingsaxpookaJoolanderSnicketysnickToxjkylefultonDajoranHermanoUnbrokenEvaDouglasDangerJimothyVivixenneBear_thescondGonmunDedwrekkaHawkstoneRainfallWeedLordVegetaKane Red RobeDarkPrimusArdolDesert LeviathanMoth 13OlivawNartwakStiltsAndy JoeMvrck14357BucketmanchromdomTransporter
    Yeah that big reveal panel in #7, even with the bruises and all I was like god DAMN, Steve

BlankZoe
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    you guys are definitely picking the wrong team

Let's fight.

your arms aren't long enough to box with stilt-man

I'll just use vine whip.

Crippl3Bucketman
  • nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I decided I want to read the Age of Apocalypse event to get "prepped" for the movie. However the reading order on Marvel Unlimited seems subpar. It has me starting with Blink, but what do I know maybe that's right.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I know a lot of people want to see Sam Wilson Cap in the MCU but

CHRIS EVANS DON'T GO I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH

Medium DaveHeatwaveToxjkylefultonVivixenneGonmunHawkstoneRainfallCururuvegeta_666OlivawMaddocNarbus14357
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Frankly, everyone should be much more pissed at Reed for mathematically proving that registration is correct, but forgetting to carry the Skrull.

I feel like everyone should be pissed at Reed most of the time for one reason or another

To be fair, Reed's way more likely than Tony to go "Oh, sorry you guys. I screwed up. I screwed up bad. I'll make it up to you, I swear!"

And then, yes. He might fuck it up more. But he's trying, and eventually you have to either forgive him, or he's going to blow up the universe while attempting to make it up to you. Best to just nod and smile before that point.

EtchwartsOlivaw
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I decided I want to read the Age of Apocalypse event to get "prepped" for the movie. However the reading order on Marvel Unlimited seems subpar. It has me starting with Blink, but what do I know maybe that's right.

Here, this will be a bit more helpful: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/story-arc/x-title-crossovers/age-of-apocalypse/page/0/2

nicopernicus
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    you guys are definitely picking the wrong team

Let's fight.

your arms aren't long enough to box with stilt-man

I'll just use vine whip.

pretty sure grass isn't very effective against steel

sarukun
  • nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular

Here, this will be a bit more helpful: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/story-arc/x-title-crossovers/age-of-apocalypse/page/0/2

Thanks!

• MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2016
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

To be fair, Reed's way more likely than Tony to go "Oh, sorry you guys. I screwed up. I screwed up bad. I'll make it up to you, I swear!"

And then, yes. He might fuck it up more. But he's trying, and eventually you have to either forgive him, or he's going to blow up the universe while attempting to make it up to you. Best to just nod and smile before that point.

Reed is also far more likely to go, "Oops, accidentally opened a portal to this hellish sub-dimension. Welp, guess I'll just leave this device capable of opening new portals to it in my closet. No need to dismantle it, I'm sure it will...ohh a shiny molecule..."

e:
    I mean, do we even need to compare evil versions? Inverted Tony vs the Maker?

Morkath on
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I would take The Maker vs Inverted Tony every single time, though

The Maker is doing bad things to try and remake the world in a way he sees fit. That's fucked!

But Inverted Tony is willing to violate anyone and everyone in the most thorough way possible, and then twist that violation to give them a false sense of hope, and then market that violation and false sense of hope in order to make a quick buck.

And that's way more fucked.

Etchwarts on
    Brief Spider-Man clip from a new Civil War ad.

That is some grade A 15 Year Old Peter Parker shit right there

CYpGAPn.png
    HeatwaveBionicPenguinToxJimothyWeedLordVegetanicopernicusFCDDesert LeviathanOlivawStiltsTransporter
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Inverted Tony's suit is Stylin' though, while the Maker has that dumb hat

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    Morkath
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

I love this

FCDvegeta_666OlivawStilts
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    just pounded through several Gail Simone trades of Wonder Woman. and then New 52 Azzarello WW first trade. issue to issue, the former seemed kinda disjointed, but i think i liked the characterization a lot more. also did not care for Zeus' role in the latter, at all. the writing also seemed a bit too... self-aware, i guess. arch.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Reed is also far more likely to go, "Oops, accidentally opened a portal to this hellish sub-dimension. Welp, guess I'll just leave this device capable of opening new portals to it in my closet. No need to dismantle it, I'm sure it will...ohh a shiny molecule..."

Exactly.

That is what Reed does when he doesn't give a fuck.

Is that the guy you want mad at you?

Because no. No it is not.

https://youtu.be/2q1gpvIL2QY

Here's a proper version of that Spider-Man clip

CYpGAPn.png
    HeatwaveToxDouglasDangerStraightziWeedLordVegetaDevlin_DragonusGonmunFCDNeoTomaOlivawBucketmandarunia106
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    There is no way I am watching that, but that preview image is giving me the vapours.

JoolanderZonugalmasterofmetroid
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Inverted Tony's suit is Stylin' though, while the Maker has that dumb hat

That isn't a hat. That's the shape of his head. I think it makes him smarter or something.

Well it is also a hat

CYpGAPn.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Isn't it more of a helmet?

What is a helmet if not a specialized hat

CYpGAPn.png
    BionicPenguin
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    What is a helmet if not a specialized hat

"a hard or padded protective hat"

Huh, fair enough.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Yeah that's perfect Spidey
    Just rambling nonchalantly while Bucky is looking "holy shit he just stopped my robot arm single handedly"

BlankZoeWeedLordVegetaDarkPrimusFCDStiltsBucketmanTransporter
    And judging from that line, Tom Holland is going to be perfect at selling Spider-Man's awkward verbal diarrhea

He also actually sounds like a teenager

CYpGAPn.png
    DouglasDangerDarkPrimusFCDNeoTomaOlivawStiltsMvrckTransporter
    I think the helmet is fine because it's preferable to looking at the Maker's whole head situation under there

BlankZoeBionicPenguinhonovereToxWeedLordVegetaOlivaw
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    one of my favorite things in the hickman run was that at some point 616 reed made maker-esque helmets for himself and sue

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited April 2016
    I wasn't originally going to pick up the All New Wolverine CW2 issues but after looking at the preview for issue 7 tomorrow I think I need this series.

cxjt7kpykdzn.jpeg

wirehead26 on
    Bear_thescond
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yep
    MCU Spidey seems on point

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    If I wanted to read some Old Man Logan shit, where would be a good place to start?

Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    If I wanted to read some Old Man Logan shit, where would be a good place to start?

The Secret Wars miniseries.

Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    There's not very much

The original Old Man Logan story is by Mark Millar and is enjoyable but has a lot of super gross shit

Then there was a OML Secret Wars miniseries by Brian Bendis and Andrea Sorrentino that was pretty good but ended poorly

Now there is a OML ongoing by Jeff Lemire and Sorrentino that has been great so far

CYpGAPn.png
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Fuck
    People are going to say Spider-man is funny, like Deadpool

NeoToma
    Yeah there's only two trades of OML, the original Mark Millar book and the in canon Brian Bendis book which is the one I suggest reading.

The trade coming out in July by Jeff Lemire collects the now ongoing series.

This discussion has been closed.