As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Superhero] Thread Will Be With You Until The End Of The Line

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    So nothing that I can read on Marvel Unlimited? I couldn't find the Planet Hulk stuff a friend told me about, I guess it's too new?

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Has Old Man Logan shown up on the Civil War 2 teasers? I don't remember, but you'd think he'd be a major player for the "change the future" team

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    So nothing that I can read on Marvel Unlimited? I couldn't find the Planet Hulk stuff a friend told me about, I guess it's too new?

The Warzones trade is only 12 bucks on Amazon and that's all you need for now.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Fuck
    People are going to say Spider-man is funny, like Deadpool

Man, I really don't think there are very many people out there who saw Deadpool and don't know about Spider-man. He's easily Marvel's most well-known and well-loved superhero.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    OMG I get to see this movie in 48 HOURS.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Has Old Man Logan shown up on the Civil War 2 teasers? I don't remember, but you'd think he'd be a major player for the "change the future" team
    He is involved in the All-New Wolverine tie in and got one of the solo teaser images

CYpGAPn.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    OMG I get to see this movie in 48 HOURS.

Hmmm, now that you say it... I could do that, too.

All New Wolverine issue 9 is one of the few Road to CW2 branded titles so I'm guessing OML and Laura will have a fairly large part in the main title?

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Planet Hulk and the original Old Man Logan stories aren't standalone series, they took place in the then ongoing Incredible Hulk and Wolverine titles.

I forget what the numbers are but Wiki will have them

CYpGAPn.png
    I think I won't bother with the rest of the pre-CW2 Captain Marvel issues. The story hasn't grabbed me at all, I'll probably give the 3 issues I have to my LCS as donations for FCBD.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Fuck

To be fair, this would be Parker Luck basically.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Fuck

Man, I really don't think there are very many people out there who saw Deadpool and don't know about Spider-man. He's easily Marvel's most well-known and well-loved superhero.

I don't know, most of my non nerd friends don't know much about funny Spidey. He wasn't funny in the Webb/Garfield movies, and he wasn't funny in the Riami/Macguire movies.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Garfield Spidey was kinda funny.

"I'm swingin' here!"

BionicPenguin on
    Fuck

I don't know, most of my non nerd friends don't know much about funny Spidey. He wasn't funny in the Webb/Garfield movies, and he wasn't funny in the Riami/Macguire movies.

Oh man, this just gave me a dread premonition of wondering if I'm going to hear " Why is spider-man being so quippy" a bunch now.

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    So an old interview with Zack Snyder is going around from Watchmen press, basically confirming that he should not be in charge of a superhero franchise. http://www.ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder
    I had a buddy who tried getting me into ”normal” comic books, but I was all like, ”No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.”
    Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. ”Batman’s dark.” I’m like, okay, ”No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie.
    The Marvel universe has gone nuts; we’re going to have a fricking Captain America movie if we’re not careful. Thor, too!

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    *vomitinmouth*

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    So an old interview with Zack Snyder is going around from Watchmen press, basically confirming that he should not be in charge of a superhero franchise. http://www.ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder
    I had a buddy who tried getting me into ”normal” comic books, but I was all like, ”No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.”
    Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. ”Batman’s dark.” I’m like, okay, ”No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie.
    The Marvel universe has gone nuts; we’re going to have a fricking Captain America movie if we’re not careful. Thor, too!

"no one's getting raped which is a problem" - Zack Snyder

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    8 hours until the midnight premiere here

whoop whoop!

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Shit, I'm gonna have to stop coming into this thread, aren't I.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Still the best dissertation of Zack Snyder I've heard

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wzfwDkwUGnM

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular

It was still pretty safe after the embargo lifted, people are usually good with spoilers.

But yes.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Yeah, Kermodes idea that Snyder literally cannot see below the surface even though he thinks he actually is doing that makes sense

"Costumes First"

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Rainfall wrote: »

It was still pretty safe after the embargo lifted, people are usually good with spoilers.

But yes.

Oh yeah, I'm sure people will be respectful with them, I'm not too worried about that. Just that, there's not going to be a lot of value in combing a page full of spoilers for the handful of non-Civil-War talk. I feel like once people here start seeing the movie it's going to dominate the conversation and that's fine, just... sucks for those of us who have to wait, I guess.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

"I'm swingin' here!"

"Crotch!"

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO

But yes.

Oh yeah, I'm sure people will be respectful with them, I'm not too worried about that. Just that, there's not going to be a lot of value in combing a page full of spoilers for the handful of non-Civil-War talk. I feel like once people here start seeing the movie it's going to dominate the conversation and that's fine, just... sucks for those of us who have to wait, I guess.

Yeah, I'll probably poke out for a week or so after posting my Angela eulogy tomorrow.

But yes.

Yeah, I'll probably poke out for a week or so after posting my Angela eulogy tomorrow.

Man, I'm super bummed about that book. Both because of how much you loved it but also because it seemed to be filling such a unique niche and comics as a whole are somewhat lesser for its absence.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Instead of doing something productive this afternoon I got too excited about Civil War and made this
    Cg9RdfCWgAAL3ca.jpg:large

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta

But yes.

Man, I'm super bummed about that book. Both because of how much you loved it but also because it seemed to be filling such a unique niche and comics as a whole are somewhat lesser for its absence.

Yeah. 17 issues is longer than I expected by about 11 issues, but it still sucks.

"I'm swingin' here!"

"Crotch!"

"You found my weakness, small knives."

I guess Garfield Spider-man was funny a few times.

I guess Garfield Spider-man was funny a few times.

Garfield Spider-Man was pretty great, it's a damn shame the movies constructed around him were trash.

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Parker leaning into his New York accent while in costume was a pretty great touch.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Got my ticket for thursday reserved. I'm not even that hyped but at leaast this way I'll see it relatively unspoilered and without many expectations.

Yeah, I'm not seeing Civil War for like three weeks.

• DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod

9 days for me.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Should there be a Civil War thread for people that have seen it

I mean, we DID have to split Daredevil off into its own thing

6F32U1X.png
    wirehead26 wrote: »

9 days for me.

Probably May 14.

Mr. G wrote: »

How large is the percentage of non american forumers that will be able to see this before the rest? Big enough to keep a different thread going?

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

How large is the percentage of non american forumers that will be able to see this before the rest? Big enough to keep a different thread going?

That plus people who don't care about spoilers will wanna chat about it

Tube's rule is if it can support multiple pages of discussion on its own, give it a thread

I'm gonna go ahead and say Civil War passes that test

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.