As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Superhero] Thread Will Be With You Until The End Of The Line

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Man unlocking Black Panther is a pain in the ass in Avengers Academy

Way more than the not Groot members in the GotG event

You have to get 21 Vibranium Daggers (and also 8 Kimoyo Cards which drop from a building you need to spend 6 Daggers to unlock) and the only way to get them is to beat up Hydra goons with Tony's Iron Legion drones, which take 2 hours to build and require an Arc Reactor that only drops from long 5+ hour missions and only one mission at a time.

And every goon only drops 1 dagger.

I know it is a F2P thing but dang this is the worst slog I've had yet with this

AND this is after I bought Wonder Man because I like Wonder Man and had a few bucks lying around and this sped the process up

I'm actually pretty close without even unlocking Wonder Man. I didn't really play during the Guardians event, so I don't know how it compares, but it's not...terrible

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

You have to get 21 Vibranium Daggers (and also 8 Kimoyo Cards which drop from a building you need to spend 6 Daggers to unlock) and the only way to get them is to beat up Hydra goons with Tony's Iron Legion drones, which take 2 hours to build and require an Arc Reactor that only drops from long 5+ hour missions and only one mission at a time.

AND this is after I bought Wonder Man because I like Wonder Man and had a few bucks lying around and this sped the process up

I'm actually pretty close without even unlocking Wonder Man. I didn't really play during the Guardians event, so I don't know how it compares, but it's not...terrible
    How????

I've been checking it pretty regularly every day since the event launched and I'm at 6/21 Daggers

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    nooooooo don't close out this thread before DMAC finishes his A-Z! I have abstained from posting in here as much as possible for that reason.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options

How????

I've been checking it pretty regularly every day since the event launched and I'm at 6/21 Daggers

I...dunno? I'm at 18/21 though, and I've got...everything else checked off?

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Blank did you buy the Panther Statue first?

• Options
    Joolander wrote: »
    Blank did you buy the Panther Statue first?
    Nope, just the Wakandan Embassy

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I think I might have...built up a store of the things you need to build the robots before I could actually do it, so I never ran into production shortages until...basically now?

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

How????

I'm at 11/21 daggers and there was a good amount of yesterday and today that I couldn't check it

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    So it looks like Ultimates issue 7 this week will be an expanded version of CW2 FCBD.

only better, since it's written by Al Ewing

good grief, Bendis' dialogue for Thanos in that FCBD issue was bad

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Oh jesus Christ the last page of Thunderbolts #1
    wvRsIye.jpg
    That would be Kobik, the sentient cosmic cube who has the mind of a child, having ripped out Moonstone's moonstone which also apparently made the chest part of her costume disappear for some reason

It's like Marvel looked at Red Hood and the Outlaws and went "Eh, we can go further."

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Is it weird that the oddest thing to me there is, why is Kobik's hair suddenly white?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    "You know, DC at least sells SOME copies of those bad, shlocky, violent "mature" books of theirs, maybe we should have one of those too just so we have something for everyone?"

That's the only train of logic I can think of to justify that book.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Kinda looks like her costume is fading out cuz the gem got ripped out; at least, that's what I see looking at her right hand.

What a weird frame though.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Kinda looks like her costume is fading out cuz the gem got ripped out; at least, that's what I see looking at her right hand.

Yeah, it looks likes its disolving off of her, and onto the creepy kid holding the stone.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Before you go away superhero thread, if I wanted to read some Captain Marvel stuff on Unlimited what should I check out?

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »

Yeah, it looks likes its disolving off of her, and onto the creepy kid holding the stone.

The missing chin section is on Kobik so that could be right.

• Options
    Even so, showing that but just having her bra visible is lame as all hell

It doesn't even look like it's dissolving, it is just missing pieces

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Before you go away superhero thread, if I wanted to read some Captain Marvel stuff on Unlimited what should I check out?

Just start with her 2012 series, then her 2014 series.

If you want more, her 2005 series as Ms. Marvel is up on Unlimited as well. (Her 1977 Ms. Marvel run only has it's first issue on Unlimited, apparently.)

EDIT: IF you want to read the original Captain Marvel series from 1967, where Carol was first introduced, the first 34 issues or so are up on Unlimited as well. Make sure to read Marvel Super-Heroes #12 and #13 first through.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    "You know, DC at least sells SOME copies of those bad, shlocky, violent "mature" books of theirs, maybe we should have one of those too just so we have something for everyone?"

That's the only train of logic I can think of to justify that book.

I thought that had that Squadron Supreme series for that (I only read the preview for that)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Even so, showing that but just having her bra visible is lame as all hell

It doesn't even look like it's dissolving, it is just missing pieces

Yeah, the torso looks dumb. The right arm totally looks like its disolving, and the neck on Kobrick is doing the same thing.

The should have had some of her uniform on her left hand still, and had the uniform receding back from where the stone was ripped out, rather than just being gone.

Morkath on
  • Options

Just start with her 2012 series, then her 2014 series.

If you want more, her 2005 series as Ms. Marvel is up on Unlimited as well. (Her 1977 Ms. Marvel run only has it's first issue on Unlimited, apparently.)

EDIT: IF you want to read the original Captain Marvel series from 1967, where Carol was first introduced, the first 34 issues or so are up on Unlimited as well. Make sure to read Marvel Super-Heroes #12 and #13 first through.

Just so you know, about three quarters of the way through the 2012 series, there's a crossover, The Enemy Within that you'll want to make sure you read in the right order.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Carol Danvers, the only person in the MU who can give Tony Stark a run/beat for "Life has shit on me worse". I am glad her more recent stuff is a bit more upbeat.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Stark doesn't have anything on Carol.

Carol got mind controlled, raped, forced to give birth to her rapist, and then the Avengers just let her run off into the sunset with her mind controlling rapist because they were in love.

The when she came back from that horrific situation, she had her powers taken and her mind wiped.

And then she had her mind wiped AGAIN recently.

What's the worst thing to happen to Tony? He's an alcoholic?

So is Carol.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Shrapnel in his heart forcing him to wear/have the electromagnet installed. Could die from his battery dying.
    Lost his and his fathers lifes work, due to Stane backstabbing him. As mentioned, became alcoholic.
    Shot and paralyzed by his ex.
    Body was taken over by criminal via the technology that was allowing him to regain mobility.
    Died / Put in cryogenic storage while his entire nervous system was regrown.
    Was mind controlled by Immortus, forced to kill several people. Died.
    "Died"/transported to alternate earth, merged consciousness with several other Tony's. Lost life's work. Again.
    Scarlet Witch force inebriated him in front of the UN further smearing his reputation.
    Civil War.
    Secret brother showed up and tried to kill him.
    Inverted and left to rot.
    Has to put up with Cap all the time.

I'm probably forgetting a couple in there.

Morkath on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Wait is this thread going away once its locked?

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yes

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    why

is it so people actually post in GV

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    someone was hoping that, I don't remember who

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Weird how instead of actually rebooting or retconning Danvers' past writers just go with 'if she can't remember what happened then it didn't happen.'

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Someone mentioned making seperate threads in SE still, I think last mention was MCU, Marvel, DC threads.

e:
    I don't know if they were mod approved either, before someone gets themselves potentially infracted.

Morkath on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I think it was ok to make a few more focused threads in SE

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The original inception point
    Tube wrote: »
    So I'm probably going to kill this thread when it reaches 100. There's enough discussion on individual properties to merit their own threads and we have a whole forum for general superhero discussion.

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Weird how instead of actually rebooting or retconning Danvers' past writers just go with 'if she can't remember what happened then it didn't happen.'

I don't really blame them, that shit is just really...not good. Even bringing it up to retcon it out is kind of acknowledging it.

Could have just done a, "Oh yeah, this is actually 615 Carl Danvers, 616 didn't make it. This one has lead mostly the same life so fits in!", at the end of battleworld I guess?

At least the MCU won't have to deal with it.

• Options
    I asked Tube if specific Marvel/DC comics threads would be okay but he never replied

I don't see why they wouldn't since the goal was to break up the discussion of EVERYTHING superheroes

Anyways I've got a Marvel OP mostly ready with upcoming new series and Unlimited recommendations

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

Really weird how they tried it again a few years ago and then never really addressed it (a line here and there but nothing in her interactions with others). When Rogue stole her memories, Carol had months of therapy with Charles Xavier to at least restore some of it (at least the facts if not the emotional context of events).

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    image thread only

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Chris Clairmont had her chew out the Avengers. That was pretty great.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Yeah I can live without constantly talking about the movies, we've already got a Civil War thread

But I actually do still want somewhere for the actual comics

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    draw more spider-hams, dmac

Also Punfisher

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    image thread only

image thread or Image thread?

Steam/Origin: davydizzy