As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Superhero] Thread Will Be With You Until The End Of The Line

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    What's the MCU timeline now? Dr Strange in November, then Guardians 2/Black Panther next year and then Thor 3/Infinity War pt 1 in 2018? Is that right?
    Im confused over what film to be excited for next (not counting Dr Strange im not fussed about that)

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Joolander wrote: »
    Marvel didn't really change too much after they recovered from the 90s, and Dc said "hey, remember the 90s? Let's do that, but MORE"

DC's output during the 90s was actually great, though. They didn't reach peak 90s until The New 52 started

yeah there was this point during the 90's where DC gave up trying to be Marvel and did a bunch of cool shit while Marvel went bankrupt

Then the new 52 happened and they were like "what if we were 90's marvel" for some stupid ass reason

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    GaryO wrote: »
    What's the MCU timeline now? Dr Strange in November, then Guardians 2/Black Panther next year and then Thor 3/Infinity War pt 1 in 2018? Is that right?
    Im confused over what film to be excited for next (not counting Dr Strange im not fussed about that)

Spiderman is next year too, isn't it?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'm actually curious to the Dr Strange Timeline since Cap 2 implies he is already a known entity to the world and being possibly dangerous due to Agent Sitwell's casual name drop.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I'm actually curious to the Dr Strange Timeline since Cap 2 implies he is already a known entity to the world and being possibly dangerous due to Agent Sitwell's casual name drop.

I think that's more likely due to him being a highly effective surgeon who might end up saving the life of someone useful rather than him being a magician.

I think it's Thor/Guardians/Spidey next year and Panther/Infinity War1/Ant Man in 2018.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    They're making a sequel to Ant-Man? Didn't it do relatively poorly?

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Marvel didn't really change too much after they recovered from the 90s, and Dc said "hey, remember the 90s? Let's do that, but MORE"

DC's output during the 90s was actually great, though. They didn't reach peak 90s until The New 52 started

yeah there was this point during the 90's where DC gave up trying to be Marvel and did a bunch of cool shit while Marvel went bankrupt

Then the new 52 happened and they were like "what if we were 90's marvel" for some stupid ass reason

The reason is Bob Harras

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Rainfall wrote: »

520 million on a 130 million budget

that's better than cap 1 and thor 1

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Ant-Man didn't do Iron Man numbers but it was comparable with the Thors iirc and more importantly did gangbusters with families, so it got a Sequel dropped into the schedule PDQ titled "Ant-Man and The Wasp"

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Ant-man did pretty well and got a bunch of critical acclaim. So yeah, they're making a sequel.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ant-man isn't even that far behind iron man 1, which did 590 million on 140 million budget

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

The reason is Bob Harras

Yeah they straight up hired the guy who ran Marvel into bankruptcy in the 90's

Why? No one knows

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Read Spider-Man issues 1 and 2, ho boy I can see why people are getting sick of the venom blast.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

I think that's more likely due to him being a highly effective surgeon who might end up saving the life of someone useful rather than him being a magician.

Ehhhhhhh

There are plenty of good surgeons out there for a specific name drop like that

I wouldn't be surprised if the first half of Doctor Strange has already "happened" in the MCU and the second half of the film catches up to current day

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Remember spider-mans new important sidekick

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

Ehhhhhhh

I wouldn't be surprised if the first half of Doctor Strange has already "happened" in the MCU and the second half of the film catches up to current day

That would break the current flow of the MCU, as the majority of the action in the MCU tends to take place "in real time".

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    K is for Kingpin - pen and marker

dc6cxihoorim.jpg

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Sitwell specifically calls out Strange as being a possible threat alongside Bruce Banner. A medical doctor would not be that. I'm agreeing with Vow. Doctor stuff happens in the past then big multiyear training montage to today.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Yeah, they come to terms. But the culture shock was cool.

And it had Superman leading the charge with Caps shield. There were a ton of cool moments like that.

And then he used Thor's hammer and was all "So, I'm worthy, right?" later, but he couldn't pick it up again.

Then Thor went "Hahahaha, no. Odin just figured that relaxing the enchantment was a better idea than letting everything ever explode."

I thought he said something more along the lines of, "Occasionally, people are sometimes worthy. Then the occasion passes."

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    So I'm trying to find an old walkman to play this Guardians of the Galaxy cassette I got. Walkmen are hard to find.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Walkmen are hard to find.

You'd be lucky babe
    Yeah, you'd be lucky babe
    To find one soon

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »

Accounting for inflation, it did slightly worse than Incredible Hulk, domestically, but worldwide it did much better

It also had a substantially lower budget than any other MCU film

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Doctor Strange - November 4, 2016
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - May 5, 2017
    Spider-Man: Homecoming - July 7, 2017
    Thor: Ragnarok - November 3, 2017
    Black Panther - February 16, 2018
    Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1 - May 4, 2018
    Ant-Man and the Wasp - July 6, 2018
    Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019
    Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2 - May 3, 2019
    Inhumans - Formerly July 12, 2019, currently TBD

Unknown MCU Film - May 1, 2020
    Unknown MCU Film - July 10, 2020
    Unknown MCU Film - November 6, 2020

Ehhhhhhh

http://moviepilot.com/posts/1323309?lt_source=external,manual
    "Well, 'we' know what it means and where we want to head with it, but we were comfortable with keeping it in there and leaving it in there because there are a few different ways to interpret it. The whole thing, what Sitwell’s saying is, this algorithm is going to predict if you’re going to become a problem for Hydra or not. So you don’t have to just be Tony Stark, actively plotting to save the world. You could be a kid whose SAT scores and whose essays have indicated that you’re going to be a problem one day. So is Stephen Strange the Sorcerer Supreme? Probably not at that point. Is he an unbelievably talented neurosurgeon who’s opinionated and kind of arrogant? Probably. That might put him on the list".

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Nerd thread

4bf5e7d12f798eb91f2838c490327f73.jpg

This shit is insane

And also made out of only paper

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Nerd thread

This shit is insane

I think it's a slightly better fit for the Gunpla thread, honestly.

But yes.

It is insane.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Nerd thread

This shit is insane

So this is your greatest aspiration in papercraft?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

The reason is Bob Harras

Yeah they straight up hired the guy who ran Marvel into bankruptcy in the 90's

Why? No one knows

Wait, so one guy severely damaged the financial status of both Marvel and DC? That's hilarious.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    did stephen strange work on coulson

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    So I'm trying to find an old walkman to play this Guardians of the Galaxy cassette I got. Walkmen are hard to find.

I bought the Protomen's last album on cassette at PAX last weekend; it was that or on vinyl because they didn't sell it on CD. Luckily it comes with a download code.
    My friend was driving his 15-year-old Grand Vitara to Boston, so I was actually able to listen to it once. I don't know a single person who has a working cassette player other than that, so I guess I'm glad I got to hear the thing once.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I am old and have at least 3 working cassette decks, at least one 8 track and a betamax in storage.

I'm also probably a hoarder.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I won't let my fiancé hook his VCR up to my TV because I refuse anything that's not HD

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Ant-Man didn't do Iron Man numbers but it was comparable with the Thors iirc and more importantly did gangbusters with families, so it got a Sequel dropped into the schedule PDQ titled "Ant-Man and The Wasp"

Wasn't Ant-Man also like Marvel's second biggest movie in China or something

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Re: recent video of a scene with Spider-man in Civil War
    yDbXVbz.jpg

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    civil war spoilers
    Also, it was weird to see Bucky be a supersoldier in this one. Like, in Cap2, it seemed like he was really well trained, but most of his power came from his metal arm. In this one, he's super strong and more durable and can outrun cars.

edit: oops, thought this was the actual civil war thread

Lalabox on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maybe take that stuff to the Civil War thread

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Maybe take that stuff to the Civil War thread

yeah no my mistake forgot which tab I was in

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Sitwell specifically calls out Strange as being a possible threat alongside Bruce Banner. A medical doctor would not be that. I'm agreeing with Vow. Doctor stuff happens in the past then big multiyear training montage to today.

Other people he calls him out among, a "High School valedictorian in Iowa City", "Undersecretary of Defense", and "a newscaster in Cairo". He was just kind of giving out a list of people off the top of his head I doubt he even knew the exact names of who was being targeted.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Or Strange actually travels around in time. We still haven't seen the time gem right?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Further proof of my The West Wing was secretly in the MCU crack-pot theory, when Black Widow is being questioned at the end of Cap 2, the Congressman questioning her was Speaker of the House in West Wing.

Where can I read the rest of your theory

The only other part of my theory is during the West Wing episodes where Bartlett's Daughter is kidnapped, Clark Gregg is there as an "FBI" agent who acts exactly like Coulson. In my head canon the West Wing happened in the MCU just prior to Iron Man 1 and Santos was president for the first four years of the MCU then President Elis won election. So that FBI agent really was Coulson under deep SHIELD cover assigned to assist the retrieval of Zoey Bartlett.

It is super stupid but I just like the image it.

Which superhero did Donna weasel her way into being the secretary of

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    okay but which mcu movie is aaron sorking making a "subtle" dig at someone that said mean things about him on the internet

This discussion has been closed.