As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] It's not the end of TNA, but you can see it from here...

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    It'll all work itself out when John Cena comes back

Him and Seth.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    WWE really has a chance to spice things up and at least try to explain some of this weird Shane shit at and after Payback so I hope they do it. Even if it won't affect the tv numbers the product overall needs something big to happen soon.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Apparently Ric Flair told Nattie to kill herself during the Ambrose Asylum segement at the Smackdown taping and is currently being detained for disorderly, likely drunk, conduct at an airport right now.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    In short

Fucking get him off TV immediately and keep him there

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    put ric flair in a box and seal it in concrete

• Options
    Welp, that will make this Sunday interesting since Bret will be in Nattie's corner.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Flair's agent has commented.
    Ric has been working every day around the clock, including internationally, for a month straight and has injuries on his hand that were being looked into this morning.

While it is true Ric Flair and his buddies have been keeping airport bars in business since the 70s that was not the case at all in Boston. I just hung up with Ric, he is already on the flight and all is good.
    "I have kept airport bars in business since the 70s" could be part of a Flair promo.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Just tell Bret not to come on Sunday, he already said he doesn't want to and is doing it for Nattie, and just have the two ladies wrestle and have Charlotte win on her own for once

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    David_T wrote: »
    Ric has been working every day around the clock, including internationally, for a month straight and has injuries on his hand that were being looked into this morning.

While it is true Ric Flair and his buddies have been keeping airport bars in business since the 70s that was not the case at all in Boston. I just hung up with Ric, he is already on the flight and all is good.
    "I have kept airport bars in business since the 70s" could be part of a Flair promo.

So maybe the early reports were exaggerated a bit?

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Just tell Bret not to come on Sunday, he already said he doesn't want to and is doing it for Nattie, and just have the two ladies wrestle and have Charlotte win on her own for once

Basically what that match should have been in the first place.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular

And maybe the feud for the women's championship can be about something other than old men the competitors are related to.

• Options

Considering Bret has been trashing WWE left and right for the past month I'm shocked they bothered to ask him at all.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

He was detained for a short while, there are photos on Twitter, and there is video of him telling Nattie to kill herself from yesterday's tapings so probably not

It just means he calmed down and wasn't so far gone on painkillers or whatever that he kept making a scene and was allowed onto the plane

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »

And maybe the feud for the women's championship can be about something other than old men the competitors are related to.

thats a preposterous idea

• Options

He was detained for a short while, there are photos on Twitter, and there is video of him telling Nattie to kill herself from yesterday's tapings so probably not

It just means he calmed down and wasn't so far gone on painkillers or whatever that he kept making a scene and was allowed onto the plane

or he's so beaten up from years of being ric flair that he's incapable of filtering anymore and is just a crazy mean old man even when sober

• Options
    Charlotte vs Nattie really isn't about Ric or Bret though.

• Options
    I mean it didn't start out that way.

• Options

or he's so beaten up from years of being ric flair that he's incapable of filtering anymore and is just a crazy mean old man even when sober
    Also a possibility!

Basically, no more Ric Flair please

He can barely move, he is almost unintelligible and Charlotte has long since moved past needing the heel cred he gave her

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I mean it didn't start out that way.
    The feud started with Natalya accusing Charlotte of relying on Ric to win, which she denied, and then proceeded to rely on Ric to win

So

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Also a possibility!

Basically, no more Ric Flair please

He can barely move, he is almost unintelligible and Charlotte has long since moved past needing the heel cred he gave her

Allegedly they aren't giving Sasha her title opportunity till Summerslam so you may have to get used to Ric for four more months.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

it is absolutely partially about ric flair being the only reason charlotte has had her title as long as she has

they brought in bret to be the equalizer for this and it is stressed as part of the story

meanwhile, nattie and charlotte could be having this fight on their own without having their hands held by old ass men

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular

Charlotte's entire title run has been about Ric! Literally every match she's in is decided by interference from her old-ass, drunk-ass dad! Including at fucking WRESTLEMANIA!

• Options
    OK so I'm wrong. But Nattie isn't relying on Bret.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Just let Charlotte v. Nattie exist without Ric or Bret

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Oh, apparently TMZ also asked Airport Police. Flair wasn't drunk or detained, they got a call about a man with a cut on his hand, they treated the cut and Flair got on the plane.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Oh, apparently TMZ also asked Airport Police. Flair wasn't drunk or detained, they got a call about a man with a cut on his hand, they treated the cut and Flair got on the plane.
    Oh well that is good then!

Still get him off my TV

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Still get him off my TV

Nah, they should go all NWA and lock him in a cage at ringside, then have Becky or Sasha win.

Then you can get him off TV.

wirehead26 on
  • Options

Still get him off my TV

Nah, they should go all NWA and lock him in a cage at ringside, then have Becky or Sasha win.
    No, because he would still be a focus of the match.

Just get rid of him.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    here's what should happen during charlotte's entrance at payback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tvAjX5ACPo

• Options
    I guess they keep putting Ric on TV because more people like him than dislike him.

Like they might still boo him but he's too ingrained in wrestling to not be some type of perceived draw.

• Options
    What they should do is have Ric get thrown out early in a match and Charlotte still wins. Proves that in the end, Ric isn't why she's the champion and they can then start to phase him out without it being a case of Charlotte intentionally putting herself at a disadvantage by not bringing her dad out with her.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    What they should do is have Ric get thrown out early in a match and Charlotte still wins. Proves that in the end, Ric isn't why she's the champion and they can then start to phase him out without it being a case of Charlotte intentionally putting herself at a disadvantage by not bringing her dad out with her.

WWE just does not prefer to book heels as strong though.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular

Brock Lesnar, Triple H

• Options
    I would prefer it if she got goaded into having a big match without him, she would forbid him from ringside herself, and still win. Then he celebrates and tries to go back to the old routine The next show, she says she doesn't need him anymore. He tries to pull the dad card and she just shuts him down and tells him,she doesn't need an old man following her around anymore.

That way she is the one who initiates his departure and she will get even more heat from those weirdos who are cheering Ric every show.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Brock Lesnar, Triple H

Lesnar isn't even a heel anymore, and Hunter made sure he was booked strong because he could.

Besides that's only two.

wirehead26 on
  • Options

Brock Lesnar, Triple H

Lesnar isn't even a heel anymore, and Hunter made sure he was booked strong because he could.

Besides that's only two.
    Rusev for an entire year or more

Braun Strowman for months after his debut

Kevin Owens

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options

Brock Lesnar, Triple H

Besides that's only two.
    Rusev for an entire year or more

Braun Strowman for months after his debut

Kevin Owens

Rusev I'll give you, Strowman as well, Owens kind of.

• Options
    I would prefer it if she got goaded into having a big match without him, she would forbid him from ringside herself, and still win. Then he celebrates and tries to go back to the old routine The next show, she says she doesn't need him anymore. He tries to pull the dad card and she just shuts him down and tells him,she doesn't need an old man following her around anymore.

That way she is the one who initiates his departure and she will get even more heat from those weirdos who are cheering Ric every show.

It kinda seemed like they were moving in that direction with the Dr. Phil RAW, so we might actually get to see that.

But probably not during the Natalya program.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    And I don't even have that much of a problem booking a heel who needs to take shortcuts sometimes.

This discussion has been closed.