As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] It's not the end of TNA, but you can see it from here...

• nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I really feel like they are building towards
    Asuka/Bayley 2 at the Brooklyn Takeover. With Bayley winning causing Asuka to snap and turn heel.
    Note this is not based on anything.

nicopernicus on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Good wrestling weekend for me, see an indy show with a nice looking card Saturday and then Extreme Rules Sunday.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I love nia jax and I absolutely do not want her to beat asuka right now

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    One downside to Andrade's name change

Manny is a super easy chant to get going

Almas or Andrade are...not so much

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Andrade is three syllables, not that hard to chant.

wirehead26 wrote: »

Andrade is three syllables, not that hard to chant.
    It just doesn't sound that good

Someone tried to get it going at the NXT show and it doesn't carry well

CYpGAPn.png
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=KYwX77OerX4

Nice to see Eddie Edwards in a non-TNA environment.

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Just got caught up on the last couple of months of wrasslin:

I'm sure it's been said already but Nakamura's theme is ridiculous. Didn't think they could top Balor's but they did. Gallows and Andersen are pretty good. . .at the beginning. I wish it was mostly that instead of the rock lyrics; the first 10 seconds are just perfect. Still works though. YouTubin' themes also turned me on to Kenny Omega and. . .wow. Talk about going all in.

I am digging how the WWE Raw landscape is just completely different than a year ago (still much prefer NXT though). I mean it's what they have to do to survive, but it's quite impressive really.

I just wish they'd take a weekend and redo Gotch and English's outfits. Come on now. Keep the gimmick, but the strongman look with zero irony just doesn't work. I'm not saying go nuts with a redo, but tossing them in those huge overcoats just makes it glaring.

Not sick of TND, but much prefer heel ND. In hindsight probably best given Enzo's injury, but that would have been a great matchup to see.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    I love the Vaudevillain's overcoats so much

It really plays up the villains half

CYpGAPn.png
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I love the Vaudevillain's overcoats so much

It really plays up the villains half

I say keep it, but it just looks so ill fitting and out of place. Especially when placed against TND. No idea how it'd look, but Old Timey with a modern flair would go far. Same with the actual ring gear. I imagine it'll get there at some point.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    Back to Roddy in NXT, I think they could book him as dominant if they are willing to invest in him.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    OMG

TORONTO IS GETTING A PPV

fenjk;fhnmcrdgfombingoegbreomceorgmknvghjkleovkmlemvnglf;ikqwo.elqxoghc,m

OMG

TORONTO IS GETTING A PPV

fenjk;fhnmcrdgfombingoegbreomceorgmknvghjkleovkmlemvnglf;ikqwo.elqxoghc,m

I guess Vince is finally over them dong the wave 12 years ago.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    David Shoemaker aka The Masked Man's new podcast for the Ringer is up.

Also really into the new La Sombra name.

Big thank you for every time you've posted about him and cheap seats. Any time I forget to listen you remind me and this particular info has been on my mind for weeks.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Full Sail will be set up differently for the CC to allow more seating.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    After the end of Lemmy Eddie Edwards needs to show up and remind Roddy and Adam when they were the dojo bros.

I need to start watching Dragongate I forgot how awesome Tozawa is.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

Money Lion...that sounds familiar...

latest?cb=20140207022158

uyvfOQy.png
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I

Love

Dean Ambrose

CYpGAPn.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I

Love

Dean Ambrose

this is the most I can recall liking him. absolutely love this feud.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    It's the gift of Jericho drink it in

This video with TM-61 is pretty great. I don't know much about them, but I like them already.

https://youtu.be/SbPOF_LkKZQ

• GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Whippy wrote: »

In my dream world, Asuka just keeps the belt until she quits NXT to save the Earth in the Universe Wrestling Promotion by beating a Predator and Alien in a handicap match.

edit: And then Vince tries to sue for violating a non-compete.

Geddoe on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »
    Whippy wrote: »

In my dream world, Asuka just keeps the belt until she quits NXT to save the Earth in the Universe Wrestling Promotion by beating a Predator and Alien in a handicap match.

You think this up and NOT reference Wrasslor?

edited May 2016
    That could be really really cool! Speaking of women's wrestling, Nikki Storm vs Athena were a dark match at the NXT tapings yesterday. They need to debut and be pushed ASAP.

nicopernicus on
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    cwc tickets on sale but i think im gonna have to skip it :(

EzUAYcn.png
    crwth wrote: »
    cwc tickets on sale but i think im gonna have to skip it :(

I want to go to at least one, probably the live September airing.

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular

Why yes, I will watch a fictional "based on a true story" series centered around GLOW. Bonus points if they get Ivory to guest star on it.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    yeah that seems dope as hell

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

Why yes, I will watch a fictional "based on a true story" series centered around GLOW. Bonus points if they get Ivory to guest star on it.

I saw the table for three she was in she can play her younger self and no one would notice.

Magell on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Whippy, you should come to a lucha show.

BLM - ACAB
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    If there's anyone else here in the Seattle area who'd like to come to a show and I don't have you on facebook, shoot me a PM and I can get you the info for our next show.

BLM - ACAB
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    It's also not being held in Philly but whatever. There's some interesting storyline beats going on right now in Chikara. Dex and I spent last night drinking and dissecting the latest blog post from Hallowicked and coming up with theories.

DOES ANYONE WANT TO HEAR OUR BATSHIT THEORIES? OF COURSE YOU DO!
    So let's start with what's already been established in previous promos.

The Broadsword of Nazmaldun is Hallowicked.
    His brother, the Spear of Nazmaldun, is Frightmare--hence, the unbreakable bond between Broadsword & Spear.
    The Warhammer of Nazmaldun is Blind Rage.
    The Dagger of Nazmaldun is what they called Silver Ant during Challenge of the Immortals. The poison they speak of is likely the mental turmoil they put Silver Ant through during the course of the season. (This means that, with Silver Ant having broken free of their thrall, the Dagger is no longer in play.)
    The great battle, with swarming vermin, is The Infinite Gauntlet, clearly.
    The Angel of Death is Icarus, who was put under the thrall of Nazmaldun (who seems to be inhabiting the body of Ultramantis Black) during the Infinite Gauntlet.
    Mantis also brought the Batiri under his thrall--this would be The Brothers Hallowicked spoke of. They spent last season trying to be tecnicos..

Now's where we get to the predictions.

First, the Wanderer. There's a few people who fit into this role--Snowflake's face is painted, Mantis and Ophidian are covered in tattoos. Ophidian also serves two masters, in the Snake Pit and the Portal, but he seems to balance this pretty well. Mantis has been possessed it seems by Nazmaldun, and has a history with Hallowicked--that's a big driver in the other pillars--but doesn't seem to serve two masters. That said, there's someone who fits this bill better than most--someone who tried to follow the twin masters of "Loyalty to his Best Friend" and "Selfish Desire to Win" and ended up getting his team kicked out of Challenge of the Immortals for cheating. Now, he's cast out and alone, rejected by the fans and wrestlers alike. Someone who's face is marked with Eye Black--literally, a painted man. Prediction: The Wanderer is Mr. Touchdown, Mark Angelosetti.

Then, the Worm. This one is obvious at a glance--someone who shouldn't be, with a powerful weapon, seems to point to the recently-resurrected Thunderfrog. But, though he did die, his return is an issue of Fate--which means he is fundamentally destined to be. Kobald perhaps? He's certainly connected to Mantis and the Batiri, and subject to an unnatural resurrection. But like the Frog, his return, while arcane, had reason behind it. These resurrections don't make sense in OUR world, but in CHIKARA'S world, they're perfectly reasonable. So I ask you: Who else was killed and came back, only did so without a reason? With a "Weapon," no less, in Max Smashmaster Japanese Wrestling Legend the Giant Machine? Prediction: The Worm is Sidney Bakabella.

Then, the Betrayer. I see two possibilities here, both drawing heavily on that phrase, "as cold as the driven snow." One, the coward who fed Thunderfrog and Proud Oak to Deucalion, siding with the Flood, and later, the Battleborn. The other, the man who let Create-A-Wrestler II and Equinox III die, and later unmasked and befriended Flood members Volgar (now Juke Joint Lucas Calhoun) and Missile! Assault! Ant! (now Missile! Assault! Man!). Both draw their names from the snow, and "made corpses of their enemies and allies of their foes." Prediction: The Betrayer is either The Lithuanian Snow Troll or Snowflake. (Of the two, we're leaning towards Snowflake, because Snow Troll lacks a connection to Mantis or Wicked.)

And, then finally, we reach the last vision, the future Nazmaldun is trying to prevent, or so he claims. This could be a lot of things--the rise of a new BDK, led by Jakob with the Eye of Tyr. A new death of CHIKARA. But I have a radical (and I should add, entirely speculative) prediction.

Thinking back to Sidney. Worm or not, his return would still be unexplained. And in fact, there've been a lot of unexplained returns over the last few years--Jigsaw. Cheech. Shane Storm. Shayne Hawke (twice--as Robbie Ellis's assistant at YOLT, and during NPWD 2015). Furthermore, the Infinite Gauntlet saw the appearance of Curt Hawkins and Snitsky, two holdovers from another "universe." It is with this evidence, and I should again emphasize, LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE, I think we're headed towards on some kind of Crisis on Infinite Earths. And much like the Anti-Monitor, I suspect there is something that Crisis could bring that is evil enough that Nazmaldun, and CHIKARA as a whole, dare not give it a name.

Dex Dynamo on
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    It's also not being held in Philly but whatever. There's some interesting storyline beats going on right now in Chikara. Dex and I spent last night drinking and dissecting the latest blog post from Hallowicked and coming up with theories.

DOES ANYONE WANT TO HEAR OUR BATSHIT THEORIES? OF COURSE YOU DO!
    So let's start with what's already been established in previous promos.

The Broadsword of Nazmaldun is Hallowicked.
    His brother, the Spear of Nazmaldun, is Frightmare--hence, the unbreakable bond between Broadsword & Spear.
    The Warhammer of Nazmaldun is Blind Rage.
    The Dagger of Nazmaldun is what they called Silver Ant during Challenge of the Immortals. The poison they speak of is likely the mental turmoil they put Silver Ant through during the course of the season. (This means that, with Silver Ant having broken free of their thrall, the Dagger is no longer in play.)
    The great battle, with swarming vermin, is The Infinite Gauntlet, clearly.
    The Angel of Death is Icarus, who was put under the thrall of Nazmaldun (who seems to be inhabiting the body of Ultramantis Black) during the Infinite Gauntlet.
    Mantis also brought the Batiri under his thrall--this would be The Brothers Hallowicked spoke of. They spent last season trying to be tecnicos..

Now's where we get to the predictions.

First, the Wanderer. There's a few people who fit into this role--Snowflake's face is painted, Mantis and Ophidian are covered in tattoos. Ophidian also serves two masters, in the Snake Pit and the Portal, but he seems to balance this pretty well. Mantis has a history with Hallowicked--that's a big driver in the other pillars--but doesn't seem to serve two masters. That said, there's someone who fits this bill better than most--someone who tried to follow the twin masters of "Loyalty to his Best Friend" and "Selfish Desire to Win" and ended up getting his team kicked out of Challenge of the Immortals for cheating. Now, he's cast out and alone, rejected by the fans and wrestlers alike. Someone who's face is marked with Eye Black--literally, a painted man. Prediction: The Wanderer is Mr. Touchdown, Mark Angelosetti.

Then, the Worm. This one is obvious at a glance--someone who shouldn't be, with a powerful weapon, seems to point to the recently-resurrected Thunderfrog. But, though he did die, his return is an issue of Fate--which means he is fundamentally destined to be. Kobald perhaps? He's certainly connected to Mantis and the Batiri, and subject to an unnatural resurrection. But like the Frog, his return, while arcane, had reason behind it. These resurrections don't make sense in OUR world, but in CHIKARA'S world, they're perfectly reasonable. So I ask you: Who else was killed and came back, only did so without a reason? With a "Weapon," no less, in Max Smashmaster Japanese Wrestling Legend the Giant Machine? Prediction: The Worm is Sidney Bakabella.

Then, the Betrayer. I see two possibilities here, both drawing heavily on that phrase, "as cold as the driven snow." One, the coward who fed Thunderfrog and Proud Oak to Deucalion, siding with the Flood, and later, the Battleborn. The other, the man who let Create-A-Wrestler II and Equinox III die, and later unmasked and befriended Flood members Volgar (now Juke Joint Lucas Calhoun) and Missile! Assault! Ant! (now Missile! Assault! Man!). Both draw their names from the snow, and "made corpses of their enemies and allies of their foes." Prediction: The Betrayer is either The Lithuanian Snow Troll or Snowflake.

And, then finally, we reach the last vision, the future Nazmaldun is trying to prevent, or so he claims. This could be a lot of things--the rise of a new BDK, led by Jakob with the Eye of Tyr. A new death of CHIKARA. But I have a radical (and I should add, entirely speculative) prediction.

Thinking back to Sidney. Worm or not, his return would still be unexplained. And in fact, there've been a lot of unexplained returns over the last few years--Jigsaw. Cheech. Shane Storm. Shayne Hawke (twice--as Robbie Ellis's assistant at YOLT, and during NPWD 2015). Furthermore, the Infinite Gauntlet saw the appearance of Curt Hawkins and Snitsky, two holdovers from another "universe." It is with this evidence, and I should again emphasize, LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE, I think we're headed towards on some kind of Crisis on Infinite Earths. And much like the Anti-Monitor, I suspect there is something that Crisis could bring that is evil enough that Nazmaldun, and CHIKARA as a whole, dare not give it a name.

Still makes more sense than the 2013 shutdown angle.

Wish I could go to KoT.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Eddie Kingston is the Betrayer. Never trust Eddie Kingston.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Eddie Kingston is the Betrayer. Never trust Eddie Kingston.

Oh shit

Macho Man Randy Savage died 5 years ago today

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CDvXVP2iSNs

This discussion has been closed.