As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW]: The portal's always greener on the fel side.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    looting a tier token from an old raid should unlock every appearance that tier token can buy for transmog

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    man hunter transmog sets really are a wasteland, aren't they

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Hunters have always had pretty lackluster to your sets but pretty good PVP sets

• Options
    StrikaStrika Registered User regular

I actually just picked out a cool looking shaman transmog.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

Wasteland is being generous.

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular

Honestly, my favourite hunter mog is the character select screen set.

ojMFB9S.jpg?1

Though I've pretty much always preferred the functional looking sets over the flashy sets with glowy whatzitz and whirling doo-dads(minus Engineering goggles, of course!).

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    That is my favorite polearm appearance. I use it a lot.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    The trick is dropping control of razor every so often to cast a heal on yourself to pull aggro on everything that isnt already on you.

Really? I hadn't heard of that method... I'll have to try it out, maybe it'll make it more bearable.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    The trick is dropping control of razor every so often to cast a heal on yourself to pull aggro on everything that isnt already on you.

Really? I hadn't heard of that method... I'll have to try it out, maybe it'll make it more bearable.

As long as you put Razorgore far enough against the back wall on top of the pedestal above the orb, the mobs will run up to the top of the pedestal, then aggro to your toon which is standing on top of the orb. Refresh channeled MC as necessary.

I can try to make a video of it, if you think it would help you.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I keep opening my garrison table every time I log in. Why can't I stop? *sob*

I'm broken. Warlords of Draenor broke my brain.

I'm just going to log out in Orgrimmar for the rest of the expansion. It's kind of nice to see it bustling again.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

I'm just going to log out in Orgrimmar for the rest of the expansion. It's kind of nice to see it bustling again.

That's because Blizzard put sharding + CRZ into the capitol cities.

This has not been well received by the roleplaying servers because now everyone is split up in multiple servers and even if they do find someone they might get shifted midway through their session.

• Options
    edited July 2016

That's because Blizzard put sharding + CRZ into the capitol cities.

This has not been well received by the roleplaying servers because now everyone is split up in multiple servers and even if they do find someone they might get shifted midway through their session.

They're already fixing it for RP servers.

Also, the vast majority of people I see are from my realm, not CRZ. Seems like people have just abandoned their garrisons entirely.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    To be honest, my favourite part of Legion so far is how drastically it devalues using alts as farmers for your main.

Warlords had this awful problem, caused by garrisons, where it was vastly more productive to play 9 characters for 10 minutes each than to play 1 character for 90 minutes.

Legion is totally different. Essentially, for anything your main needs, you are nearly always better off going out and accomplishing it on your actual main, rather than having an army of alts to feed things to your main.

As a result, playing an alt returns to what it was like in the old days, where you play an alt because you want to experience the game as a different class and enjoy a change of pace, rather than because you feel like you need to have an army of feeder alts to prop up your main.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Speaking of RP servers about half of Stormwind just followed a random cow into the ocean and died of drowning.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747705115?page=1

A blue showed up on the end of Page 1 and they're very confused.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    My guild tried to organize to fight some alliance guilds in stormwind but in the end getting 4+ raids all in the same phase was impossible and nobody got to fight. Screw their phasing.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

The actual trick to Razorgore is to turn your camera so you can see your character and the orb, and while channeling the mind control, click on the orb. All the adds glue onto you much more efficiently than even if you dropped a big heal. plus you never have to give up control of Razorgore, making the encounter go faster.

reVerse on
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    To be honest, my favourite part of Legion so far is how drastically it devalues using alts as farmers for your main.

Warlords had this awful problem, caused by garrisons, where it was vastly more productive to play 9 characters for 10 minutes each than to play 1 character for 90 minutes.

Legion is totally different. Essentially, for anything your main needs, you are nearly always better off going out and accomplishing it on your actual main, rather than having an army of alts to feed things to your main.

As a result, playing an alt returns to what it was like in the old days, where you play an alt because you want to experience the game as a different class and enjoy a change of pace, rather than because you feel like you need to have an army of feeder alts to prop up your main.

Does this mean i have to drop one off eng or blacksmithing on my main to pick up the mining i haven't had since Cata?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    the BoP of the Expansion for Crafting drops from more than just gathering professions, but they will naturally get more as a perk for taking something like mining.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Speaking of RP servers about half of Stormwind just followed a random cow into the ocean and died of drowning.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747705115?page=1

A blue showed up on the end of Page 1 and they're very confused.

Ah, my people...(I missed it, but I heard everyone talking aboot it in chat)

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Anyone done deathwing since the patch? Did everything on 10man heroic, get to the spine of deathwing and the airship guy tells me I can't do him on heroic because I haven't done everything on heroic. I check armory activity feed, everything has been done on heroic.

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

• Options
    Anyone done deathwing since the patch? Did everything on 10man heroic, get to the spine of deathwing and the airship guy tells me I can't do him on heroic because I haven't done everything on heroic. I check armory activity feed, everything has been done on heroic.

Weird. I did it on 25H after the patch with no issues.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    My item level is only 693, think I can do it at 25H?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Easily. I wad doing it in MOP.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Haha "only"

I used to do it at 630 on my hunter (which admittedly, was easymode) so yeah, I would hope you could.

The hardest part is ultrax because its a DPS check. I talented everything for burst and burst when he started that channel.

I don't think there is anything involving a gear check on spine and the actual deathwing fight. The deathwing fight can hurt a lot if you don't follow mechanics so if your class lost a lot of self healing and you don't have a leech item it might be rough. If you have ANYTHING with leech, then it becomes a joke.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    For me the only trouble I had with soloing Dragon Soul after WoD dropped as a Survival Hunter was the spine. Kept falling off, because I am a twit.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    I fell off the spine roughly a million times until I finally got it somehow.
    I'm playing a DK, trying to get the mounts in there.
    Is there a money difference between 10 and 25 anymore?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Stuff should have more hp in 25.

Best way to think of spine is either sit in the middle going back and forth, or be standing in one of those fire holes from killing a tendril or whatever they are called.

There should be no other action ever. You also need to wait to transition from the tendril spot to middle till immediately after you see the background spinning. Don't risk it any other time.

Yeah it really is that annoying, that is why people hate it.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    My thought process this morning.

Oh hey, Legion is next month. I wonder how much that is.
    Click blizzard's website.
    LIGHTBRINGER OH MY GOD
    Pre-purchase
    50?! Bit rough there Blizz.

• Options

LIGHTBRINGER OH MY GOD
    Pre-purchase

Amazon physical edition will have you wait a day or two probably but you'll save 20% if you've got Prime.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Even though I don't really want a physical edition, I'm still tempted to buy it off Amazon just because of the discount. Hrmm.

• Options

LIGHTBRINGER OH MY GOD
    Pre-purchase

Amazon physical edition will have you wait a day or two probably but you'll save 20% if you've got Prime.

Like you need to wait a few days after release to order it, or you can order it now and have to wait a few days for it to arrive?

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular

LIGHTBRINGER OH MY GOD
    Pre-purchase

Like you need to wait a few days after release to order it, or you can order it now and have to wait a few days for it to arrive?

You can order now, but it doesn't ship until release day so you'll have to wait a day or two for it to get there.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Speaking of RP, apparently all races got new vocal emotes for /doom, /taunt, /sorry and /whoa in this patch. Some are different between male/female as well.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Also /forthehorde and alliance.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

LIGHTBRINGER OH MY GOD
    Pre-purchase

You can order now, but it doesn't ship until release day so you'll have to wait a day or two for it to get there.

Depends. Mine actually says they're shipping it August 26'th so it'll actually arrive on the release date of the 30'th.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Does anyone know how to get to Nagrand from the Horde Barracks in Spire?

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    You can follow the coast or go up through Talador.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    There may also be a breadcrumb quest that flies you there back at your garrison if you're an apropriate level

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: ยป
    There may also be a breadcrumb quest that flies you there back at your garrison if you're an apropriate level

Yeah one of the NPCs in Spire should give you a quest to go talk to someone in your garrison, who will then have the flight master drop you right at the entrance to Nagrand.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
This discussion has been closed.