As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW]: The portal's always greener on the fel side.

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    So I see Alterac valley and I'm guessing Ashran have level 108-115 level mobs/elites.

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    News to me. Ashran felt like wintergrasp 2.0 and I've avoided it accordingly

• Options
    It practically oozes rewards...but there's just something not quite there about it. I've seen others say the ashran mobs aren't leveled right...but man it causes AV to drag on for years and it simply isn't rewarding enough to be worthwhile so anyone pvp'ing should tick that bg off before they que.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    ashran feels like nothing but zerg all the time

and in practice I guess that's how such as AV/IoC/Wintergrasp were too, but in those it at least felt like fight in a particular spot could influence the battle. In ashran it just feels like two big blobs of players smashing together and AoEing each other.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    What rewards are you looking for exactly in pvp? Gear is all normalized to 740, so you can't really farm your way to an advantage. It takes 1-3 wins to buy a piece of gear, in addition to whatever the boxes give you. AV right now is what ashran should have been. A big battle with a few side battles going on at the same time that ends in 10-15 minutes. Ban AV and IoC if you aren't doing pvp because it's fun. If youre doing it for gear, just wait until the invasions start and get gear from that. I love pvp during prepatches. Everyone is just doing pvp for fun instead of farming to sit in a city. BG chat in general is more friendly and people aren't nearly as butthurt about losing.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Reading the buff which says you do get more stats for a higher Iilvl...at any rate I'm after the marks of honor for various transmogs so a one hour or more battle for a chance at one mark isn't appealing...at all.

And what each individual person finds fun is pretty different...I don't find an attrition style death match fun.

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    when does the invasion event start, anyway? Next week?

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Hmm, I'm having a hard time finding the answer to this one: All DH's will start at 98, right ? I can use my 100 Boost on another toon ?

• Options
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm having a hard time finding the answer to this one: All DH's will start at 98, right ? I can use my 100 Boost on another toon ?

That's what the blizzard announcement on the patch says iirc, can reach it from the launcher.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    when does the invasion event start, anyway? Next week?

Broken Shore scenario could start any time, but the invasion world event will probably be released when Demon Hunters are, so the 9th or 16th of August.

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »

Yes.

By the time you finish the DK starting questline you will be around lv101(provided Legion has launched before you start your DK).

• Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    What is the Broken Shore? Is that the follow the ((old)dwarven) leader game that we're going to play with Magni?

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    The Broken Shore is the introduction scenario to the expansion, kinda like the storming of the Dark Portal was in WoD. You attack the island near the Tomb of Sargeras to try and push back the invasion. It's what the cinematic was depicting.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    PineappleLovePineappleLove Registered User regular
    Been playing surv hunter and fcking loving it in pvp AND pve. Climbed from ilevel 640 to 692 in about a day 1/2, can burst up to about 60k DPS right now and hover around 35-40k during boss fights with 300ms. PvP Is a god damn blast with Surv hunter I just wish they had more CC I.E stuns cause I can't kill healers when all I have is a 15s Interrupt :/ MAYBE I could stop a cast with frost trap but that's about it.

1.) Does anyone have any tips in pvp for surv hunter? I can usually top DMG and kills (Or be in top 3) but sometimes ill end up dieing cause once a surv hunter commits to an attack it's probably best if you just stick around and fight instead of running away

2.) What are some good options for obtaining gold? I've been playing off and on for about 7 years but making gold has ALWAYS been a crutch for me. I stopped played WoD after about 3 months so never got a chance to take advantage of the garrisions. Are their some good mobs to farm? Some worthwhile professions? Etc.. any advice would help.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Unless I'm really misremembering I am pretty sure there is a talent stun somewhere in there.

Edit: sorry, it was a targeted knockbock, not sure if that would interrupt casting or not.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    So annoyed that 15 years ago or so I thought that a PVP server would be fun. I just don't have the time to be corpse camped for hours these days. Thankfully this rogue is still hanging out 2 hours later.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    So annoyed that 15 years ago or so I thought that a PVP server would be fun. I just don't have the time to be corpse camped for hours these days. Thankfully this rogue is still hanging out 2 hours later.

I feel ya. My personal technique when this happens is to hop on an alt for a bit. Or do some household task that you've been putting off. Understood though if your only playtime is in discreet windows because of children.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Or just don't play on PvP servers. The investment to move will be the best money you ever spend.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    How much is it to move 6-7 characters?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I have to say, while I think the "special zone ability" in Draenor is a pretty cool idea, I'll be glad to see that button gone. That's valuable real estate for most UIs, and it was a huge pain to have to move everything around whenever doing content out in the world.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

$60 each so $360 to $420

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I feel Demonhunters start on the 9th and the broken shore, demon invadions 2 weeks after
    As that gives players two weeks to try out different specs iron out what they do and don't like about them
    But then It could be on the 16th for both

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

$60 each so $360 to $420

Character transfers are 25. Boosts are 60

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I am almost certain the invasions will start before the demon hunter class.

Also there is no way they begin less than 2 weeks before the expansion happens.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I am almost certain the invasions will start before the demon hunter class.

Also there is no way they begin less than 2 weeks before the expansion happens.

Week of Aug 2nd most likely. Althoug it wouldn't be impossible they start rolling next Tuesday but that would just be too good of news.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Honestly, I don't understand why PvP servers are still a thing now that there's all the cross-realm or phasing tech now.

Just let people only switch the flag on or off at a rested zone/area, and then phase accordingly. Maybe only let you complete the PvP WQ's when it's on, or toss a quest or two per zone for killin' Horde.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I have to say, while I think the "special zone ability" in Draenor is a pretty cool idea, I'll be glad to see that button gone. That's valuable real estate for most UIs, and it was a huge pain to have to move everything around whenever doing content out in the world.

You know that putting it on your actionbar removed the big button, right?

• Options

$60 each so $360 to $420

That's a pretty insane amount of money to move data around.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular

$60 each so $360 to $420

That's a pretty insane amount of money to move data around.

Doe, allow me to introduce you to the giant pile of money we keep in the corner office here at Blizzard headquarters. Giant Pile of Money, this is 38thDoe.

• Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular

Somewhere on reddit, someone posted a screengrab of a GM convo hinting there will be a discount to player services coming with legion.

I'm too lazy to find it though.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Yeah they make bank on server/faction swaps. It's gotta be a huge source of income, especially with the trend for servers to weigh heavily in favour of one faction now.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I left my PVP server back during WotLK and never looked back. I started a character who became my main on the PVE realm, ended up transferring two characters from the PVP server, but left my original main over there. Don't even care, really. I don't think I have the urge to play a warrior again.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I think I've moved a couple characters over the years, along with a pile of gold and then just ...re-leveled the classes I wanted to play.

• Options
    I mean, people play the game different ways but I don't see much need to move all your characters. Just move a couple that you're gonna focus on and maybe use the legion boost to get a third on the new home.

pvp servers are miserable, it's definitely worth it to get off of them

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Man, Enhancement in 7.0 is SUPER FUN.

But my guild already has like 4 or 5 too many melee DPS.

SAD TIMES BAD TIMES

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    3clipse wrote: »

SAD TIMES BAD TIMES

Well, you just need to be better than them.

Be so much better that they get benched and have to re-roll ranged.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    So it looks like they removed the water from Black Morass? I figure it's a bug since it's an odd thing to remove so long after it was put in.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »

SAD TIMES BAD TIMES

Well, you just need to be better than them.

Be so much better that they get benched and have to re-roll ranged.

I would actually feel too bad even trying this.

I am gonna talk to our RL though and see if we have any Enh Shammies planning to raid, seems sort of important to have at least one person bringing Stormlash.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    It's just a controlled buff that is extending your own dps. It doesn't do anything to make itself required. It even has stuff in place to make it almost never be wasted.

• Options
    DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    I mean, people play the game different ways but I don't see much need to move all your characters. Just move a couple that you're gonna focus on and maybe use the legion boost to get a third on the new home.

pvp servers are miserable, it's definitely worth it to get off of them

FWIW, I'm terrible at PvP, I've been corpse camped and hunted before... And I enjoy the thrill/danger. You definitely need coping mechanisms for the "bad times" though, and I can totally understand if this type of "fun" isn't right for most (non maoschistic) people.

Like, there's a reason the PvE servers are clearly the most popular.

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
This discussion has been closed.