Options

[nfl] The season has begun. 2 more weeks before your team's season is over.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    so normally i roll my eyes when someone does something stupid on twitter and then claims "HACKED!!!!!" but in this case it seems like his account was totally compromised (by his step dad?)

What's weird to me is that he would have records of conversations about the school paying for his mom's stuff, almost like they were going to or did use that to black mail the school for more money.

He and his stepfather have serious legal issues going on. Tunsil claims his step-father hit his mom and so he punched the stepfather. The Stepfather claims Tunsil punched him a number of times when confronted about having contact with agents. Charges were filed on both then dropped. And now the Stepfather is suing over this. It's entirely possible that the stepfather got the texts and has been saving them because lawsuits and money make people crazy. Apparently someone has been shopping the weed smoking video around as well.

I totally get it was the step dad, but for him to get the texts Tunsil would have had to have saved them right? It just seems weird for him to have evidence of something very much against the NCAA rules.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    so normally i roll my eyes when someone does something stupid on twitter and then claims "HACKED!!!!!" but in this case it seems like his account was totally compromised (by his step dad?)

What's weird to me is that he would have records of conversations about the school paying for his mom's stuff, almost like they were going to or did use that to black mail the school for more money.

He and his stepfather have serious legal issues going on. Tunsil claims his step-father hit his mom and so he punched the stepfather. The Stepfather claims Tunsil punched him a number of times when confronted about having contact with agents. Charges were filed on both then dropped. And now the Stepfather is suing over this. It's entirely possible that the stepfather got the texts and has been saving them because lawsuits and money make people crazy. Apparently someone has been shopping the weed smoking video around as well.

I totally get it was the step dad, but for him to get the texts Tunsil would have had to have saved them right? It just seems weird for him to have evidence of something very much against the NCAA rules.

If Tunsil has an iPhone then they would be backed up to iCloud by default. If his mother pays for his phone or he has the same password for his iCloud account that he does for Twitter and Instagram then it's very possible the stepfather got access.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular

unless someone (step father ) got a hold of his phone and took a screen shot of the conversation.

just because the text conversation was there doesn't mean Tunsil took it. Assuming he did get hacked, it's likely the person had access to his phone to begin with anyway

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

That text conversation was so convenient in how much identifying and incriminating information it contained that I honestly thought it was faked (which is super easy to do) until Tunsil straight up confirmed he got money.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Stepdad should have waited for Tunsil to get drafted as high as possible before unleashing the blackmail. You gotta wait til your mark is as rich as possible before extracting cash.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular

Well, he is young. Maybe it'll take some time for him to realize that he should be destroying his cellphones when there's potentially damning texts on it.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Gyral wrote: »

Well, he is young. Maybe it'll take some time for him to realize that he should be destroying his cellphones when there's potentially damning texts on it.

Burner phone, god damn it don't these kids watch movies?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

It's almost as if some organization cared more about him being on the football field than educating him.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

It's almost as if some organization cared more about him being on the football field than educating him.

And honestly, that's the real thing here. The real scandal isn't "why was Old Miss paying his family's bills", but "given the money they made on him, why shouldn't they pay?"

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Also, fuck you so very much, Roger, you motherducking goosebag:
    I think it’s all part of what makes the draft so exciting. Clubs make decisions. Sometimes they take risks. Sometimes they do the right things. Sometimes they don’t, and we’ll see. Hopefully he is going to turn out to be a great young player.

Now and forever, Goodell delenda est.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    He's just looking forward to fining him when he breaks the rules.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Goodell is pretty much the perfect commissioner, he's totally evil. He doesn't give one bit about the players in his league, he's all about the bottom line. Everyone is talking about Tunsil this morning, which can drive more people to watch the second & third round tonight which means they can charge more for the commercials and sponsorship for next year's draft. Goodell has his eyes on what matters.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Goodell is pretty much the perfect commissioner, he's totally evil. He doesn't give one bit about the players in his league, he's all about the bottom line. Everyone is talking about Tunsil this morning, which can drive more people to watch the second & third round tonight which means they can charge more for the commercials and sponsorship for next year's draft. Goodell has his eyes on what matters.

Which is why I am so looking forward to the utter trainwreck that the next CBA negotiations are going to be, because it's going to be glorious, and it's going to be all his fault.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Also, can't say I'm especially happy with drafting Elliot. RBs are just so fungible and there had to be somebody who could run behind that line that would've cost less in the second or later rounds. Frankly, Dallas' secondary is so fucking thin that they probably should tried to trade #4 for an established young corner or safety than risk drafting anything that high that wasn't going to be they guy they'd sit on behind Romo.

And I still think they should trade for Hundley.

• Options

Which is why I am so looking forward to the utter trainwreck that the next CBA negotiations are going to be, because it's going to be glorious, and it's going to be all his fault.

To be fair, the reason Goodell can act like this is because the last CBA was an utter trainwreck, and it was all the players' fault. They absolutely weren't willing to strike and were so desperate for more money that they didn't care at all about giving Goodell total power.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

100% this

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

It's like they've learned nothing from Tom Brady.

• Options

To be fair, the reason Goodell can act like this is because the last CBA was an utter trainwreck, and it was all the players' fault. They absolutely weren't willing to strike and were so desperate for more money that they didn't care at all about giving Goodell total power.

They didn't expect that he'd wield it like he has, either.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    So apparently Myles Jack just received news today that he does not, in fact, need surgery. Thanks, doc.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Man talk about a mean comparison...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Jaguars won this draft and it isn't even close

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    What's up with the nfl.com crew mentioning buckingham fountain at every single possibility?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    And the Jets just took Hackenberg. Guess they just lost the draft.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options

Yes, allergies, that is definitely something that I believe

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Hackenberg is underrated imo

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Texans going all Irish right now, I am down wit dat yo.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Kana wrote: »

Yes, allergies, that is definitely something that I believe

His immune system was hacked!

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    Fuller and Martin are both really solid choices in trying to build up the offense to something respectable.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

He sucks.

Good for like two great throws a game, a bunch of awful ones, one catastrophic one, and a billion bad blitz reads. Plus he has QBPTSD from his sophomore year.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

Hack could have gone to a couple of teams and succeeded. So much of his issues came from just how completely, horribly, terrible the offensive line and play calling were. I cannot stress it enough. After watching last season, I came into this year and could reliably identify around 80% of the offensive plays just based off of the formation and distance.

The kid has the physical and mental tools to compete. And he's durable as fuck, only missing time in the bowl game after taking over 100 sacks in two years.

Now, going to the Jets who don't have a great OLine and really should have drafted a guard instead of a QB in that spot? Yeah, don't have a lot of faith he won't just continue getting pummeled. But who knows. Cutting it down to 30 sacks spread over 16 games will be a major improvement for Hack!

• Options
    Really like the Lions' second round pick, FWIW.

• Options

He sucks.

Good for like two great throws a game, a bunch of awful ones, one catastrophic one, and a billion bad blitz reads. Plus he has QBPTSD from his sophomore year.

He's really not as bad as the memes suggest

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

He sucks.

As someone who watched every goddamned excruciating down of the last two years, trust me, he would call the blitzes. No one would block them.

• Options

He sucks.

He's really not as bad as the memes suggest

I'm not basing it on memes. I'm basing it on numbers and watching him play for three years. He got bailed out by a great WR his freshman year.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »

Hack could have gone to a couple of teams and succeeded. So much of his issues came from just how completely, horribly, terrible the offensive line and play calling were. I cannot stress it enough. After watching last season, I came into this year and could reliably identify around 80% of the offensive plays just based off of the formation and distance.

The kid has the physical and mental tools to compete. And he's durable as fuck, only missing time in the bowl game after taking over 100 sacks in two years.

Now, going to the Jets who don't have a great OLine and really should have drafted a guard instead of a QB in that spot? Yeah, don't have a lot of faith he won't just continue getting pummeled. But who knows. Cutting it down to 30 sacks spread over 16 games will be a major improvement for Hack!

That sounds like Jay Cutler.

• Options
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    A kicker. That's something you don't see every day.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Oakland drafted Janikowski in the first round because their kicker cost them two games in a row. Both against the Jets.

And, what the hell, Dallas? Myles Jack was on the board and you pick a different LB? And you go for DT instead of Conner Cook? I'm so clad I don't listen to sports turds anymore. Trying to justify this shit just gets old.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Man they went with top two needs in 1st and 2nd pick for once... not sure if happy or not heh.

This discussion has been closed.