Options

[nfl] The season has begun. 2 more weeks before your team's season is over.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    edit* i bet it was goodell fault

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    heh josh gordon back
    after four games
    what is it with the nfl and 4 games bring the proper punishment for everything

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    NFL decided that hey we actually need to show we are doing something.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17142331/nfl-teams-now-face-fines-loss-draft-picks-violate-concussion-protocol

Has pittance fines attached to it but allows the NFL to remove draft picks to teams that have deemed to "ignore it for competitive reasons". Which.... would be... like every time.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    What are they in relation to under-inflated game balls?

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17142331/nfl-teams-now-face-fines-loss-draft-picks-violate-concussion-protocol

Has pittance fines attached to it but allows the NFL to remove draft picks to teams that have deemed to "ignore it for competitive reasons". Which.... would be... like every time.

There's also the fact that both the NFL and NFL PA both investigate every case, and if their findings don't match, it goes to an arbiter to figure out who's right. I'm ready for Law & Order: NFL Season 2.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »

There's also the fact that both the NFL and NFL PA both investigate every case, and if their findings don't match, it goes to an arbiter to figure out who's right. I'm ready for Law & Order: NFL Season 2.

Who picks the arbiter?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Rochambeau.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    oh man i would love to see the pats trade for gordon that would be the most patriots thing ever

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Lions signing Anquan Boldin

Boldin, Tate, Marvin Jones, Kerley

That's a really solid WR corps

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Ya know

Wilson was married before

So I really doubt his first time with his current wife was his first time ever

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

At least Nate Foles is now available to throw to them.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Ya know

Wilson was married before

So I really doubt his first time with his current wife was his first time ever

Yeah people forget he was married to sweet dee.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Stafford >>>> Foles

easily

• Options

Stafford >>>> Foles

easily

That would explain all the recent successes.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016

Stafford >>>> Foles

easily

That would explain all the recent successes.

Stafford is an excellent QB that was 2 decades too late to the game; I really see a lot of Favre in him when I watch a Lions game. Had Stafford replaced Majkowski on 9/20/92 I'm positive he'd be a HoF QB thought of as one of the best ever.

And then, since we're now in fantasyland, he'd be paired up with the best RB of all time and give the Lions 5 Superbowl wins in a row.

Also, Trump never recovered from his first bankruptcy in this alternate Earth and it's all unicorns and rainbows all the time.

Veevee on
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Stafford is an above average QB IMO. I would put Foles somewhere around the 30th best QB in the league. Maybe lower, I didn't really think about this much.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    A bit better than above average, IMO. I'd say Stafford is a top 10 QB in the league right now. Like literally the tenth best.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Stafford is just too high variance. He can throw 450, 3 TDs and lead you on a last minute game winning drive one week then follow it up with a 150 yard 3 INT turd the next week

• Options
    edited July 2016
    He has bad games, yeah, but so does every QB. His career averages him out to be one of the top 10 QBs in the league:

http://www.detroitlionspodcast.com/2016/07/10/stafford-top-10-quarterback-nfl/

Obviously biased source but the stats hold up.

/bracesforinevitabledebate

ObiFett on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Stafford is just too high variance. He can throw 450, 3 TDs and lead you on a last minute game winning drive one week then follow it up with a 150 yard 3 INT turd the next week

Yeah, he's Brett Favre in an era when Brett Favre is simply above average.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Football Outsiders tends to agree. #5 in 2011, #6 in 2012, #12 in 2013, #15 in 2014, and (to my surprise) #8 in 2015.

• Options
    Making fun of the Lions/Stafford makes me feel bad afterwards. Because it is, as a Hawks fan, like someone who just escaped from prison turning around and laughing at those right on the other side of the fence.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    He has bad games, yeah, but so does every QB. His career averages him out to be one of the top 10 QBs in the league:

http://www.detroitlionspodcast.com/2016/07/10/stafford-top-10-quarterback-nfl/

Obviously biased source but the stats hold up.

/bracesforinevitabledebate

I'd like to see what his "standard deviation" is, if such a stat exists

He's fine as a qb, you should feel ok with him on your team

It's probably a little tougher for him to win a super bowl since itd be less likely for him to string together 3 or 4 great games in a row but how much of a difference that makes is debatable, and top 10 seems possible without actually going through the league in my head

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Stafford is an above average QB IMO. I would put Foles somewhere around the 30th best QB in the league. Maybe lower, I didn't really think about this much.
    I think Stafford is right in the middle. 16th or 17th best QB. After the top 10 the field starts getting a bit meh.
    Blake Bortles
    Derek Carr
    Jameis Winston
    Jay Cutler
    Mark Sanchez
    There is a lot of QBs that just are not exciting.

As a Broncos fan I hope Sanchez becomes exciting, but I anticipate him doing moderately better than the geriatric we had. On the plus side we won that Superbowl. Go Defense. <stomp stomp>

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Brace for butt-fumble v2.

• Options
    Making fun of the Lions/Stafford makes me feel bad afterwards. Because it is, as a Hawks fan, like someone who just escaped from prison turning around and laughing at those right on the other side of the fence.

Sounds like sports fandom. I see no problems.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    hot take incoming
    megatron:matt stafford :: randy moss:daunte culpepper

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Hmm

OK I'm bored and I need to start prepping for fantasy so might as well think about this. I ordered the QBs within the tier just for fun but I didn't spend any time digging through stats to back it up or anything. Just flying by the seat of my pants. These are rankings for who I would want on my team going into the next season, not a reflection of their entire careers or how good they were "in their prime" or anything.

Elite Tier
    Brady
    Rodgers
    Wilson
    Roethlisberger

Very Good Tier
    Brees
    Rivers
    Palmer
    Newton
    Luck
    Romo

Above Average Tier

Flacco
    Ryan
    Eli
    Stafford
    Smith
    Dalton
    Cutler

Didn't bother ranking the bottom half of the field, which is mostly journeymen QBs and some promising but largely unproven youngsters.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I'd probably switch Wilson and Newton on that list.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Putting Newton in Elite is reasonable, but swapping them is ridiculous.

• Options
    If it is fantasy only then yes you might switch them (although in fantasy Wilson has been elite too in TD heavy leagues). But if you go that route you also have to bring in Bortles and Cousins to the convo.

• Options
    If it is fantasy only then yes you might switch them (although in fantasy Wilson has been elite too in TD heavy leagues). But if you go that route you also have to bring in Bortles and Cousins to the convo.

they should already be higher on the list anyway tbh, i'd put both of them at he top of the above average tier

also switch roethlisberger with palmer

Ben's still good, but he's becoming a lot more like Romo where you basically expect him to get hurt at some point throughout the year

the only question i have with Newton is whether or not he'll get receivers who can catch a fucking football

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    ITT: Is Joe Flacco an elite quarterback?

• Options
    Those are not fantasy rankings, yeah, otherwise Newton would be in the elite tier for sure.

I know Newton had great stats last year but from the games I watched he is still not consistently good enough for me to throw him in elite. Shitty receiver play doesn't help of course, so maybe I am unfairly judging him by his lack of surrounding talent.

Roethlisberger I can see the argument for knocking him down a peg based on injury concerns, but he has been an absolute monster when not hurt the past two years.

• Options
    oh yeah in that case Ninja Bortles def needs to be up there

might have been a fluky season, but he's still gonna be a huge value pick

Arch,
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

wait, bortles gets a boost if its REAL LIFE value? because bortles... bortles was not so good in real life.

if we're going pure real life value, tyrod taylor should be on there somewhere. 7th in QBR. Dalton should also prob be higher up, though he needs to prove he can keep this up

i agree big ben is still elite

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

wait, bortles gets a boost if its REAL LIFE value? because bortles... bortles was not so good in real life.

if we're going pure real life value, tyrod taylor should be on there somewhere. 7th in QBR. Dalton should also prob be higher up, though he needs to prove he can keep this up

i agree big ben is still elite

oh shit yeah i mis-read that as 'this is fantasy value'

Arch,
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Hey NFL thanks for waiting till training camp started for some ungodly reason to finally decide if Dion Jordan can play again.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
This discussion has been closed.