Options

[nfl] The season has begun. 2 more weeks before your team's season is over.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    So they have a really awesome Bo Jackson techmo commercial followed by an incoherent rambling Donald trump commercial. Talk about a high followed by a low.

that commercial is so awesome.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    what incredible skill
    what poise
    such dominance
    wow
    championship sp00ns

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Raiders D missing in action here. Had Denver pinned at the 1 and now they're in FG range.
    blah.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    Raiders D missing in action here. Had Denver pinned at the 1 and now they're in FG range.
    blah.

They're 28th in defensive DVOA. They've been missing in action everywhere.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    what incredible skill
    what poise
    such dominance
    wow
    championship sp00ns

You've beaten 4 teams with a combined record of 6-26

And frosteey, who's entire team of patriots is on bye the one week you play him.

And lost to all the top teams in the league

So impressive

So fierce

So sp00ns

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Holy shit, if I'm Denver I am pretty pissed about that call.

A catch in the NFL is: You catch the ball in mid air, wrap it up in swaddling, keep it close without touching the bad ground, raise it to be a good ball, a pretty ball, and then you carry it in your arms to the sidelines. Only then have you got a catch.

Aridhol on
  • Options

A catch in the NFL is: You catch the ball in mid air, wrap it up in swaddling, keep it close without touching the bad ground, raise it to be a good ball, a pretty ball, and then you carry it in your arms to the sidelines. Only then have you got a catch.

The interception? I thought that was a pretty clear drop on replay, when his right hand comes off the ball. That means he's squeezing the ball between his left hand and the ground.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    That crying baby mask.

• Options
    hippofant wrote: »

The interception? I thought that was a pretty clear drop on replay, when his right hand comes off the ball. That means he's squeezing the ball between his left hand and the ground.

I thought he had decent control on the way down but yeah, the rule was applied properly. It just seems to be a fairly high bar these days.

Also, holy shit Denver, Pass interference is not allowed, it's why those Zerbra's keep throwing the yellow flaggy things.

• Options

I thought he had decent control on the way down but yeah, the rule was applied properly. It just seems to be a fairly high bar these days.

Also, holy shit Denver, Pass interference is not allowed, it's why those Zerbra's keep throwing the yellow flaggy things.

I'm not sure that part of the catch rule has ever changed. The ground cannot help you with the catch. And yeah, you have to land on the ground with the ball for it to be considered a catch.

If anything, it was possibly even stricter in its previous form, which may have been that the ball can't contact the ground at all. At least, that's what I think it used to be, a number of years ago?

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    69 yards!

"Like the old pacman machine" hahaha hahaha

we're still gonna lose.. :(

• Options
    edited November 2016
    RIP Booker

Long live king bibbs

Pellaeon on
  • Options

I'm not sure that part of the catch rule has ever changed. The ground cannot help you with the catch. And yeah, you have to land on the ground with the ball for it to be considered a catch.

If anything, it was possibly even stricter in its previous form, which may have been that the ball can't contact the ground at all. At least, that's what I think it used to be, a number of years ago?

You may be right, I thought there was a time where possession in the air or pre-downing was enough to count as a catch and after that we're in potential fumble territory.
    Completely possible I am wrong.

That Oakland D though, great job there, just watch that guy run, boy he's sure fast.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    what incredible skill
    what poise
    such dominance
    wow
    championship sp00ns

You've beaten 4 teams with a combined record of 6-26

And frosteey, who's entire team of patriots is on bye the one week you play him.

And lost to all the top teams in the league

So impressive

So fierce

So sp00ns
    pfft its called defense
    you should try it
    defense wins championships

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    I tried, but Minnesota fell off a cliff.

Oh well

• Options
    I would not have thought we have a 7-2 Raiders this year. Woo!

• Options

I kinda thought the Raiders would be one of those teams that pundits continually say are going to have a great leap year and then don't year after year. (See the Buccs.)

• Options

I kinda thought the Raiders would be one of those teams that pundits continually say are going to have a great leap year and then don't year after year. (See the Buccs.)

I agree. I thought we'd be the Oilers of the NFL. Pleasantly surprised with Del Rio.
    I look forward to our eventual super bowl embarrassment.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    My not at all bias views on every team.
    New England: You guys aren't fair.
    Miami: Woooo back on the 8-8 track!
    Buffalo: Could be in the fight for a wildcard spot if every single skill position player didn't keep getting hurt.
    Jets: Time to start seeing what you have in the non-Fitzmagic QBs.

Oakland: Aren't you guys suppose to be below the other 3 here? Good for you!
    Kansas City: Defense good enough to make the playoffs, but zero offense so I have a hard time seeing them go far.
    Denver: See above.
    San Diego: The same as Buffalo, but everyone gets season ending injuries not just WR/RB. Huzza! Well Melvin Gordon remembered how to run so that's good.

Baltimore: They shouldn't be in first but the rest of the division is just terrible this year.
    Pittsburgh: Big is hurt again, still no defense, and for some reason they forgot to feed Bell.
    Cincinnati: Did they finally get tired of the playoff in and out?
    Cleveland: Just hire a dam priest already.

Houston: They exist.
    Indy: This is literally the exact same team since they drafted Luck.
    Tennessee: Actually improving a little by little.
    Jacksonville: Well maybe next year.

Dallas: I'd say good for you being 7-1 if I wasn't super pissed that other teams can just luck QBs without even trying. And sucks to be Romo.
    Giants: This team confuses me.
    Washington: Can't think of anything so fuck Dan Synder.
    Philly: Haha how are you guys in last place after starting 3-0?

Seattle: Looking good but it's also looking good this is the year the o-line finally kills Wilson.
    Arizona: Their 3 wins are vs the Jets, 49ers, and Bucs.
    Los Angeles: I actually forgot them at first.
    San Fran: Yall are fucked.

Minnesota: Kinda like Denver and KC, but their defense looks like it might be dropping off. In which case they are scccrewed.
    Detroit: Is this team better without Megatron?
    Green Bay: Turns out this is a sub-par team when Rodgers is mortal.
    Chicago: You could probably argue the 2nd best player on offense is a guard. Possibly the whole team.

Atlanta/New Orleans: Thank god these guys can score every drive, cause they don't have a working defense between them.
    Tampa: Apparently copying the rest of the NFc South's "No defense" plan. Cause that's worked out for them...
    Carolina: Man this team has crashed and burned. Stop trying to kill Newton.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I want to say you're wrong but you're 100% right.

Also, now that Lebeau is at Tennessee, I *really* want to know what went on in Pittsburgh that he decided to "retire" in order to leave the team. Like, did he actually retire, but the Titans called him in the off season and he was like, "Fuck it, why not"? Or was there something else going on in Pittsburgh that retirement was the way he could leave without losing face.

....see what this election season has done to my sensibilities?

• Options
    I see.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    So glad I started the Seahawks defense. So glad.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    So nice of that defender to hold Jimmy's hand through the catch.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Hey Gruden how about a nice glass of shut the fuck up

That was a blatant PI non-call

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Ahh the trials of having a black QB. If that was Brady getting lifted up and slammed the internet would be melting right now.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Fuck Gruden right now

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    That wasn't offsides with Avril

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    That wasn't offsides with Avril

Um.

Also, why are there no penalties for running into the punter today? Didn't get replays on either....

• Options
    JRoseyJRosey Registered User regular
    I dunno man if the refs are gonna keep quiet I think that's just going to benefit the Hawks

• Options
    Anytime you get a jump that good they're gonna call offsides.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »

I think it depends if you have a rep for doing it good. Wake is pretty good at it, only gets called offsides on it rarely.

• Options

From the short replay we got, it looked like he was on the other side of the line when nobody else had even moved yet.

Also, just wondering, why do teams not just get challenges back if they get them right? Why does it have to be 2 right? Maybe if the officials hadn't fucked up a call, they would never have had to use a challenge in the first place!

• Options
    I dunno what they saw to overturn the ruling on the field but ok.

• Options

From the short replay we got, it looked like he was on the other side of the line when nobody else had even moved yet.

Also, just wondering, why do teams not just get challenges back if they get them right? Why does it have to be 2 right? Maybe if the officials hadn't fucked up a call, they would never have had to use a challenge in the first place!

Would be too disruptive to the game flow.

Because it's so fluid as is

• Options
    Goddamn do I love having Jimmy Graham healthy.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Lol the kicker pulling out some soccer techniques

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Hahahahaha

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Hahaahaahaha what a clusterfuck

• Options
    Maybe don't fake injuries if you don't want to sit out a play

This discussion has been closed.