Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Giant Bomb] Would you vape Hedgehog?

24567106

Posts

  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    because pro wrestiling is a good game

    jCyyTSo.png
    Maddoc
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    N64 is bad enough. Then you play a wrestling title on top of that...

    I think I just threw up a little.

    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    LOL, gotta admit I always wondered why Jeffcasts never had any music. Glad that was cleared up during this week's podcast.

    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I wonder if the new production set up means they're going ahead with the video/live Bombcasts.

    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Olivaw
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    A vape lounge just opened up next to my apartment complex. Every time I drive past it I think of Giant Bomb.

    Sadly, it doesn't have a "clever" name. It's so forgettable that I keep reading it and forgetting its name by the time I get back from grocery shopping.

  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    jesus Persona 5 looks so goooood

    Dark Raven XKnight_Ah_Pookmageormike
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

    Man, why you gotta troll us vinny. I want it so bad ;_;

    aeNqQM9.jpg
    Honk
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Weekly 2-3 hour sessions would work too...

    Future Employee of Planetary Acquisitions, Inc.
    pNRtexA.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    We've been getting a lot (Well, I guess the last two weeks isn't "a lot") of five-man casts. I wonder if the new setup is to better facilitate that. That'd be great, I think a five-man Bombcast is the sweet spot.

    Undead Scottsman on
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Vinny, you tease.


    Also, I need to finish watching the P4 endurance run before P5 gets here.

    I keep telling myself I have plenty of time, but that windows shrinks all the time.

    Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I wanted to watch through the ER since I was too lazy to play through P4, but then I quit the endurance run around the same time I quit the original game.

    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Brad. Brad, why aren't you running around, collecting shards and preparing defenses before the enemy waves start spawning?
    "There's a lot of just waiting around, huh?"
    "Yep."
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

  • UhtredUhtred Registered User regular
    Jeff talking about vaping had me in stitches. There can never be enough vape culture and stree overlord talk.

  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Brad. Brad, why aren't you running around, collecting shards and preparing defenses before the enemy waves start spawning?
    "There's a lot of just waiting around, huh?"
    "Yep."
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

    spend your point

    7UVunkN.jpg
    GlalSanderJKOlivawCorp.Shephard
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Just heard about a stellaris stream tonight, can't not watch it.

    PSN: Honkalot
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    TBH, I can't imagine how rough it must be to keep an interesting conversation, looking at that minimap and learning a new character all in the same match. Also we gotta keep that Giant Bomb sucks at games thing going.

    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Brad. Brad, why aren't you running around, collecting shards and preparing defenses before the enemy waves start spawning?
    "There's a lot of just waiting around, huh?"
    "Yep."
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

    Brad at video games.

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Reminds me of that one UPF where Jeff was pretty candid about Quicklooks.

    "I swear there's something about playing in front of an audience that makes you dumb. I've gone back to quicklooks and watched myself miss obvious onscreen information and gone 'Am I just fucking stupid?'"

    Knight_lionheart_mGlalCommodore75HonkPikaPuffcooljammer00The DeliveratorOlivawGONG-00RandomHajile
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I get that when you're playing for an audience there is a lot going through your head and it's going to impact how you play.

    I had to stop watching the Battleborn QL when noted moba player Brad Shoemaker ran into enemies in the moba game mode until he died over and over again, and said something to the effect of "So do I just get in there and flail around until I die?"

    Like no you should be the one person on staff who is acutely aware that is the opposite of what you should do because the number one moba rule is to avoid dying

    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Registered User regular
    To be fair, Battleborn is hobby-grade awful.

    steam_sig.png
    admanbEmerlmaster999Olivaw
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    he did better in paragon I guess

    maybe it's because he was melee in battleborn outside his comfort zone

    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • UhtredUhtred Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I don't believe Brad is actually as awful at Hitman as he is in the QL's, I think he's putting it on for entertainment value. Dan's influence there is also even more hilarious than in MGScanlon.

    Uhtred on
  • FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Uhtred wrote: »
    I don't believe Brad is actually as awful at Hitman as he is in the QL's, I think he's putting it on for entertainment value. Dan's influence there is also even more hilarious than in MGScanlon.

    Hitman is a game where you need to play super patient which doesn't make for great video. Also Dan's way of playing is to just kill everyone and do random shit and hope it works, so that influence makes for more mistakes.

    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    The issue with the Hitman thing is that Dan is pure comedic chaos and action, and Brad thinks he is perfect stealth. So when Brad is playing and Dan is coaching, it just devolves into Dan yelling at Brad to do a thing and Brad refusing to do it. And then when Brad does it, he only goes halfway with it. Or he will randomly do stuff to screw himself, like throw the soda at that bathroom attendant in full view of witnesses for the sake of "comedy", compromising one of the last clean costumes he still had.

    You can tell that by the end, the fact that the funniest thing they could think of doing to the last target was to chase after her with a funnily named knife and just shank her was basically them giving up due to time pressure and being so close to the end as to not want to get sloppy.

    I'm gonna partially blame the small text on screen and the fact that they are probably sitting far away from the TV, but they kept missing simple, obvious clues during this video.

    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    he did better in paragon I guess

    maybe it's because he was melee in battleborn outside his comfort zone

    he had like 5 unspent points in paragon and was half the level of everyone else! :P

    7UVunkN.jpg
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    he did better in paragon I guess

    maybe it's because he was melee in battleborn outside his comfort zone

    he had like 5 unspent points in paragon and was half the level of everyone else! :P
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    well me knowing nothing about paragon the video looked like he was doing ok

    if you're talking about battleborn in the beta I'd be that bad with a melee too

    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    As much as I've been wanting a first-person MOBA, Battleborn just does not appear to be it.

    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
    Maximum
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    I'm interested by its group PVE aspect, I've watched it played competently and it looks like fun.
    PVP modes, eeeeeeeeeeeh.

  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? peach treesRegistered User regular
    It's a completely unfair comparison but everything about the way Battleborn looks, how it moves, how it plays, how it animates, the framerate, the movement, the sound effects, etc.

    All that shit looks chintzy as fuck. Like it looks unfinished somehow, like someone got it to where it is and then went "eh, good enough"

    Whereas in Overwatch, it feels silky fuckin' smooth and looks a shitload better to boot

    And that's unfair because it's Blizzard and all, and I'm sure some of the things about Battleborn are deliberate aesthetic choices, but it's just a baaaad look

    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
    Never forget.
    SeGaTaiBeltaineMaximumShadowfireTravanBRIAN BLESSED
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I like the look of Battleborn well enough, but man it sure does feel like you're shooting nerf guns in that game.

    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    It's a completely unfair comparison but everything about the way Battleborn looks, how it moves, how it plays, how it animates, the framerate, the movement, the sound effects, etc.

    All that shit looks chintzy as fuck. Like it looks unfinished somehow, like someone got it to where it is and then went "eh, good enough"

    Whereas in Overwatch, it feels silky fuckin' smooth and looks a shitload better to boot

    And that's unfair because it's Blizzard and all, and I'm sure some of the things about Battleborn are deliberate aesthetic choices, but it's just a baaaad look

    I have found that to be the case with every Gearbox game ever released

    Just do not get their appeal

  • a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Reminds me of that one UPF where Jeff was pretty candid about Quicklooks.

    "I swear there's something about playing in front of an audience that makes you dumb. I've gone back to quicklooks and watched myself miss obvious onscreen information and gone 'Am I just fucking stupid?'"

    Must be what happened on UPF during Push Me, Pull You. I had to stop watching because of the salt caused by them not understanding the mechanics of the game.

    Number One Tricky
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? peach treesRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    It's a completely unfair comparison but everything about the way Battleborn looks, how it moves, how it plays, how it animates, the framerate, the movement, the sound effects, etc.

    All that shit looks chintzy as fuck. Like it looks unfinished somehow, like someone got it to where it is and then went "eh, good enough"

    Whereas in Overwatch, it feels silky fuckin' smooth and looks a shitload better to boot

    And that's unfair because it's Blizzard and all, and I'm sure some of the things about Battleborn are deliberate aesthetic choices, but it's just a baaaad look

    I have found that to be the case with every Gearbox game ever released

    Just do not get their appeal

    It doesn't bother me so much in Borderlands, for whatever reason. Maybe because that's straight up a Diablo-style RPG, and not a MOBA or whatever Battleborn is trying to be? Or maybe because there's more variety in enemy types and weapon types to find and discover? I don't know!

    Battleborn just... looks bad. It's so strange

    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
    Never forget.
    Shadowfire
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    While there's definitely things that can be improved, I think the game's okay.

    Granted, I do have a feeling that Overwatch, while good, may end up just being the new Star Wars Battlefront and not have legs.

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, if they don't introduce some other hook to keep playing Overwatch over the long term, I don't see it lasting long. You only get a loot box once every level. After awhile levels come VERY slowly, even if you're performing well in matches.

    Looking at something like TF2 that has hats, and weapon variations, Overwatch seems a little sparse.

    Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular
    overwatch has weapon variations

    it's called "21 different characters"

    also the hook to play it over the long term is "having fun playing it"

    7UVunkN.jpg
    Corp.ShephardAvalonGuardBloodsheedOlivawDys
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    If that were the case, why have levels and unlocks at all?

    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    There's so many things I dislike with the modern competitive gaming concept of "progression". From how it's blatantly an attempt at player retention by locking off content you'd already paid for to then selling boosters to unlock this content faster to players actually complaining when said grind is not in there.

    Something something Skinner Box something something old man something.

    CenocB557Linespider5
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »
    If that were the case, why have levels and unlocks at all?

    initial addiction like the worm on the hook

    7UVunkN.jpg
This discussion has been closed.